General Grievous packs?

Are there any plans to sell GG shards via crystal packs or cash packs? I followed the wisdom of the crowd and never touched GG because literally everyone said he was a useless trophy character. I might have spent money for him as I did for many other characters. But he never was on sale.

So, what is the plan @CG_SBCrumb

Replies

• I'd say more then likely yeah.
  • Just like everyone else did! Why on earth should it be easier for me than it was for you? How come I do think that money should solve a problem for me? You are right! It´s ridiculous to ask for things to change.
  • According to swgoh.gg, over 96k people have GG at 7* so not everyone sat on their hands in terms of getting him. The guess the “lean” roster people have some catching up to do on GG, IG-100 and B2. I’m sure they’ll glad take your money for GG shards but I wouldn’t expect any GG packs until his re-work goes live....that’s usually how these things happen.
  • B2 currently has a pack, B1 & Droideka will have a pack come their marquees, so naturally Magnaguard and Grievous will have their own packs come their reworks.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Assaj also has a pack for sale...
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’ve never followed the crowd, because of that I sit with a rank 7 gear level 12 General Grievous, and I never once regretted it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    According to swgoh.gg, over 96k people have GG at 7* so not everyone sat on their hands in terms of getting him. The guess the “lean” roster people have some catching up to do on GG, IG-100 and B2. I’m sure they’ll glad take your money for GG shards but I wouldn’t expect any GG packs until his re-work goes live....that’s usually how these things happen.

Nah, lean roster people have the shards, we just haven’t done the promotions. ;)
  • A meta killer that can't be purchased is due. I really hope they don't just give away or sell Grievous. At some point people with foresight should gain an advantage.
  • A meta killer that can't be purchased is due. I really hope they don't just give away or sell Grievous. At some point people with foresight should gain an advantage.

What a shame Grievous' basic can't be evaded
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • bougt him via fleet store
  • Hope they don't release a pack. Took me 5 months and crippled my roster to get him. I'd love for him to continue to be a more exclusive character. Make yaz work for him ;)
  • I don’t really care if they add a pack (and really he isn’t that hard to get, he’s in the fleet shop) as I’ve had him at 7* for a few years now, but I think people should have to work for him at least. The B2 pack is fine though.
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    I’ve never followed the crowd, because of that I sit with a rank 7 gear level 12 General Grievous, and I never once regretted it.

You have never once regretted it, or you don't regret it knowing his rework is coming? He's been absolute trash no matter what gear level.
  • HKFactory wrote: »

You have never once regretted it, or you don't regret it knowing his rework is coming? He's been absolute trash no matter what gear level.

I also have Grievous at g12. He's been that way since G12 came out as he was my first G12 character and he's my favorite character from the Star Wars universe. Yes he was useless that entire time, (except of course that awesome TW where Grievous was a monster and destroyed meta teams) but it was worth it to come out ahead for once.

After I finish gearing up Magnaguard, I'll start working on my Jawas so that I can come out ahead again at some point in the future ;)
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??

The last "meta killer that can't be purchased" was Traya. They have to gate it behind something like a raid or in-game achievements.

And yet...why would they do that? Whales will spend money to stay ahead, the game exists to make money, so EA makes sure to provide whales with options to spend their money and stay ahead. Any meta that whales can't get ahead of (or stay at the top) is one that will drive whales away, and that's bad for the game.
  • Let's face it, the overwhelming vast majority of players don't spend, or spend very little. Id say whales make up a very small percentage when looking at the total player base (this is an educated guess, so feel free to correct me if you have hard stats pointing to the contrary).

Whales need f2p as much as f2p need whales. Alienating either player base would be bad for the health of the game. So throwing a bone to the f2p crowd once in a while is a good thing.
  • I hope not so those of us who planned ahead with 7* gear 12 grievous can enjoy it for a bit but I think they will probably have something. Not that he’s too terribly difficult to farm anyways.