Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Prev13456711
CG_TopHat wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Over the past 2 years, we have released many Marquee Characters without re-evaluating the way shards are acquired via the pack and bundle.

As we discussed in the Road Ahead blog, we have been evaluating the release method of these characters, starting with the Emperor’s Shuttle that launched this week. And now starting with the launch of the Droideka, while we are launching it in the classic Marquee style, we are changing the traditional bundle to include crystals and adding a new mega pack that will allow players to increase Droideka’s star rarity with fewer crystals compared to the standard marquee, akin to other mega packs. Below are the changes:

Marquee Bundle
  • Bundle price will be changed from $9.99 to $19.99 (USD)
  • All Marquee Bundle items/currencies remain the same
  • 1350 Crystals will be added to the bundle
    • This is the number of crystals yielded from the $9.99 (USD) Box of Crystals (plus 10 crystals to offset the additional penny)

Standard Marquee Pack
  • No change

New Marquee Mega Pack
  • Crystal cost is 2599
  • Shards range from 15-330
  • Odds will be disclosed on the website and called out in the patch notes at the time of release

Although these changes will be for Droideka, we may continue to make more changes or no changes for subsequent Marquee events. Per the character cadence, we will communicate any changes ~2 weeks prior to the event.
Original Post (LINK)
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• Reserved.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • "Lock S-foils in attack positions."
  • This was seriously going to be my first purchase in the game because of how much I love the droids, and now they go and double the price?
  • So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

It had been confirmed before in GC videos.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    This was seriously going to be my first purchase in the game because of how much I love the droids, and now they go and double the price?

They have altered the deal, pray they don't alter it further.
  • Padas
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Players "stop over loading us with Marquee characters, add some characters directly to the stores for a change, and start putting characters back in the stores instead of all hard, fleet and cantina grinds. We want BALANCE!"

CG "we heard you don't like marquee characters! We have reevaluated marquee character releases and have determined the best way to improve them is to double the price of the character bundle!"
  • *cabbage*
    Join THE WØRLD ALLIΔNCE! https://discord.gg/pnEc9aB
  • I usually buy the $9.99 packs for characters that will likely be required for a legendary/journey because it was a better value than panic farming them. Now, I'd rather hoard a few extra crystals and buy more refreshes.

Bad move CG...
  • I thought April fools was still a few months away or am I missing something?
  • I enjoyed bundles for marquees. Well not anymore.
    24€ for 30 shards? Even with crystals it's not worth it in any way.
  • Afraid thats me out, I have bought some of the £9.99 marquee packs, but i don't buy crystals. Sorry I won't buying the £19.99 pack. I'm not willing to spend on items I don't require,
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Like the user Droideka, I was definitely considering purchasing the Destroyer Droid pack because of the shards and to show support for a game that I mostly enjoy. By doubling the price and not giving me more shards, this pack has killed my interest in purchasing the pack. Crystals are not a bad incentive, but I buy Marquee packs for the shards and paying $20 for 30 shards is a bad investment.
  • I have a feeling this will be a net loss for CG. And the players. The whole reason the marquee packs are so popular, is the psychology behind how paying a single digit amount of dollars for another star feels like a great deal.
  • I've bought quite a few marquee bundle because £9.99 seemed reasonable. Adding a day and a half's worth of crystals while doubling the price is a great way of getting me to stop doing that.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

It had been confirmed before in GC videos.

I’ve grown tired of searching other sites for “official” information.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194819/kit-reveal-b1-battle-droid/
    I didn't realize their own forum was a different website O.o
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • You're not actually changing the marquee pack and are just forcing people to buy $10 crystal packs. I loved buying the $10 character packs, and I don't see myself buying anymore now.
  • People we hardly have had any marquees in the last three months and mainly Legendary. This month we have 2 marquees (B1 and Droideka) and Palps Shuttle is still a more pay to play but much less expensive. That’s not bad.
  • Keep in mind, this isn’t just for droideka. Every future marque character will also have $20 packs instead of $10 ones. Hopefully they change this policy when everyone stops buying them.
  • Padas wrote: »
    Players "stop over loading us with Marquee characters, add some characters directly to the stores for a change, and start putting characters back in the stores instead of all hard, fleet and cantina grinds. We want BALANCE!"

CG "we heard you don't like marquee characters! We have reevaluated marquee character releases and have determined the best way to improve them is to double the price of the character bundle!"

B1 will be the first Marquee character since Carth on Dec. 1st......that's over 2 months ago. We've had the 4 new OR characters that were Marquees and that's it since Jango on Sept. 20th. I'd hardly call that being "overloaded" with Marquees. They've almost never released new characters through stores other than ones like HY and Wampa in the GEC store and those are hardly easily farmable. We could always go back to the old days and release new characters through tournaments or just for sale in packs....I'd much rather be given a 3* for doing nothing but auto'ing a couple easy missions.
  • I’ve bought many 10 dollar packs. Will not be buying twenty dollar packs.
  • Soooooooooo... how does making it a worse deal make Marquees better?

I'm completely at a loss here
  • Why can't you show us the drop rates now on the mega marquee pack? That will help make us feel good (or bad) about what this means for us.
  • I'm wondering if this is a by-product of arena crystals. Someone taking #1 in both squad and fleet arenas is getting 900 crystals per day. With all the shard chat collusion that goes on, there are typically several people on each shard pulling in the #1 payout of crystals every day. I wonder if their internal data is showing that these people aren't buying very many crystals because they can just stockpile them from arena payouts and so this is their way of trying to force people to buy crystals.
    Droideka wrote: »
    Keep in mind, this isn’t just for droideka. Every future marque character will also have $20 packs instead of $10 ones. Hopefully they change this policy when everyone stops buying them.

You didn't read to the end of the post....where it says: "Although these changes will be for Droideka, we may continue to make more changes or no changes for subsequent Marquee events. Per the character cadence, we will communicate any changes ~2 weeks prior to the event."

So, yeah, future ones might have this....but they might not.
  • Yeh this so typical of them anymore. Couldnt add the crystals an maybe charge 14.99 so we atleast get a deal. U have charge full price of both items an force us to buy both when we may had only wanted to buy one or the other. Great job!!!!
  • Also, why announce this ahead of B1? If this change is indeed better for the community, as you say it is, why not do it for B1 too? It seems odd to announce it but have it not apply to the next Marquee.
  • This is an extremely disappointing move on CGs part. I buy the £9.99 packs nearly every marquee to get that extra star level but I'm not going to pay twice as much for the same thing. Yes there's crystals but if I want them, I'd buy the £9.99 crystal pack, I don't want them forced on me out what I can only see as being a purely greedy move. Sorry but I'm out on this one too, really disappointed in this.