Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• There is zero reasoning behind this other than they want to get those who have no self control to spend more money. I periodically bought the $10 packs. For example I bought two of the recent KoTOR packs. However I'm not going to spend $20 on a pack that includes crystals. Simply because I don't want crystals. If I want to buy crystals, I will buy them separately. I don't get how this company is this dense. Create cheaper buying options that are specifically focused on specific items, let us buy alecart. They do the same thing when they release new ships for old characters by adding in the old character and doubling the price. It's so counter productive.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    What about ship packs @CG_SBCrumb? Will those double too?

A great question that was not addressed in the post.

Great question. Per the post, we're only making this change to Droideka and no other characters or ships, at this time.
  • Let's be clear, if you want to make a good pack that might even cost more, or maybe you want to encourage more people to buy the packs at the old $10 price point. Then give us a deal on the crystals. You are litterally adding in $10 worth of crystals and raising the price of the pack by said $10. If it were $10 worth of crystals and you raised it by $5, or you just added 500 crystals to the old packs and kept the price the same, you'd make more money and people would complain.
  • Wow the money grabs are full out blatant now. You would get me for $10 on certain toons, I will definitely not be getting them from this point on. Soul to squeeze is in full effect.
  • This is bloody stupid. im a regular marquee bundle buyer but there is no way in hell im paying $30 AUD for this new pack.. ive had enough of EAs greedy tactics. The gaming community have their eyes open now and this is not good enough.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Interesting move. Cant say if I like or hate it. Cant say I wont buy it cause I want it. But makes me head scratch none the less. I am more interested in this mega pack you speak of.
  • This is a joke.
    They turn all even worst.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

It had been confirmed before in GC videos.

I’ve grown tired of searching other sites for “official” information.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194819/kit-reveal-b1-battle-droid/
    I didn't realize their own forum was a different website O.o

Thanks Mr. Helper but that’s B1 not Droideka.

Did you not watch the 45s video that was included?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • 2azsynmox5fb.jpeg
    Of all the low down, money grabbing, bad for the community ideas they’ve had this one takes the cake.
  • This change makes no sense. What is the benefit of adding crystals to the packs other than to inflate your purchasing metrics? If I needed $10 worth of crystals, there is already an option for that.
  • Why don’t you guys but some of the geniuses in your finance brain trust in charge of figuring out the C3pO infinite loop HSTR problem?
  • This is disappointing, you really dropped the bullet this time.

• Why don’t you guys but some of the geniuses in your finance brain trust in charge of figuring out the C3pO infinite loop HSTR problem?

Simple. They don't plan on fixing it until just before or just after C3PO comes back.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    What about ship packs @CG_SBCrumb? Will those double too?

A great question that was not addressed in the post.

Great question. Per the post, we're only making this change to Droideka and no other characters or ships, at this time.

total garbage move, forcing people to buy crystals. Normally I defend making money, but this is disgusting. It was bad enough when you bundled ships and char shards, but this is so blatantly ridiculous.

I guess the good news is I can stop bothering with these lame separatist droids and concentrate on good characters

PS Thanks so much fr waiting so long to tell us. More wasted resources on these silly droids before you told us. WHat a joke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Even £10 is expensive for the usual pack but sometimes I would cave in if I needed the shards, £20 is more than I’m willing to spend

To put it in perspective I could buy a full pc/console game for often less than £20

If this is the way forward I’d rather save any money I may have spent on packs and put it towards a new gfx card or something and just play swgoh free to play now and then
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
    Ok, my feelings are simple on this. If I want gems, I will buy them. If I want shards, I will buy them. However, I don't want a bundle!
  • Wow so instead of addressing all the stuff we've brought up like Marquees in TB platoons, they raise the price so less people are inclined to boot the star level.
  • Same ole stuff CG. Not surprised. I’ll be waiting for the free farm thank you.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Marquee Bundle
    • Bundle price will be changed from $9.99 to $19.99 (USD)
    • All Marquee Bundle items/currencies remain the same
    • 1350 Crystals will be added to the bundle
      • This is the number of crystals yielded from the $9.99 (USD) Box of Crystals (plus 10 crystals to offset the additional penny)
    I mean, $10 worth of crystals don't give you $10 worth of shards. Do you see the problem?

If you could get 30 shards for 1350 crystals, this pricing would make more sense with your consumers.
  • I was hoping for $20 bucks, it comes with shards and a vault of crystals....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Minowara wrote: »
    Also, why announce this ahead of B1? If this change is indeed better for the community, as you say it is, why not do it for B1 too? It seems odd to announce it but have it not apply to the next Marquee.

This is why, note the last line about the ~2 week notice.
    th11z4bxzax0.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Also, why announce this ahead of B1? If this change is indeed better for the community, as you say it is, why not do it for B1 too? It seems odd to announce it but have it not apply to the next Marquee.

This is why, note the last line about the ~2 week notice.
    th11z4bxzax0.png

why not announce it when they announced the reworks/new droids? Can we get all the resouces we put into the droids? yeah, I know the answer. this is a joke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don’t even want the other stuff of gear that comes in those bundles or packs, I have enough of gear to get something to G7 or G8. If I want crystals, I will buy a $19.99 or $99.99 pack where I get the best value. EA, you suck.
  • btw...
    never heard a single word more about the popular crystal-booster!
    i‘m sure some player here remember it...

wouldn‘t it be an idea to give the pack-buyer (shards and gear-material) a 21 day „abo“ for 100 crystals daily? then it could be worth the price. and some new player will buy these packs and pay first time for swgoh.

i cannot speak for other player, but i don’t see a special offer in this case. only two packs combined.

give us a booster, give us better gear material (who really needs the 30-shard-pack gear material?), give us omegas and/or zetas, perhaps some interesting mods (like the „blue-mod-packs“) with slicing material and i‘m sure, the player will think about it.

shouldn‘t we have the feeling we buy a unique pack?
    now we have only the feeling we pay double and get not really an extra...

• oh for the love of-UPDATE THE SHOPS!!!
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Bad move CG, I spend on ever marquee. Not anymore. Good luck

P.s.
    Just a thought, maybe give an additional 50% in crystal value, that would help
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    My lingering concern is that despite the feedback on this thread and Reddit that the more expensive pack is not wanted by players that the Droideka pack will still sell well enough for them to try it again. Droideka was one of the most requested characters and the packs could still sell well. It would probably take a great deal of non-whale players and whales not purchasing the pack for them not to attempt this again.