My whole arwna shard is Revan & Traya....

So annoying....and yes I’m saying that as someone who went all in on getting Chewie so I still don’t have Revan.....but still, would be nice if you didn’t need one of two characters to be competitive in arena.....

Replies

• You had the time and resources to invest in revan, not your shards fault you chose not to.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    cmg799 wrote: »
    So annoying....and yes I’m saying that as someone who went all in on getting Chewie so I still don’t have Revan.....but still, would be nice if you didn’t need one of two characters to be competitive in arena.....
    You have chewbacca. You can be competitive in arena running Finn or CLS
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    It really is a problem now tho. Day one of revans second coming, my top hundred was all revan, traya and cls+3p0. Now its up to top 200, and the cls is almost all gone too. All really long battles that are decided mostly by rng and overclocked speed
  • Ultra wrote: »

You can't run CLS right now and get a decent payout, unless you have no life outside watching arena all day
  • Gannon wrote: »
    It really is a problem now tho. Day one of revans second coming, my top hundred was all revan, traya and cls+3p0. Now its up to top 200, and the cls is almost all gone too. All really long battles that are decided mostly by rng and overclocked speed

No.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • My top 100 is more or less maxed Revan squads ... there maybe less than 10 other teams at this point.
  • Yep, youre actually lucky if you still have trayas. My shard is all revan up to 100, with like 3 weird exceptions.
  • Cry me a river... If you didn't see that this was gonna happen to all the arena shard then you, haven't been paying attention. You had the same amount of time as everyone else in your shard to get your act together and get ready for Revan. I'm actually pretty sure a lot of those in your shard with Revan also got Chewie, so you can't blame him for you not having Revan. The only person you can blame is yourself for not being prepared.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Thats because 3p0 has only been out once. The second 3p0 evemt will pit more in the top 200. Plus theirs always night sisters. They can beat revan handily. (Juat **** on defense against revan).

You can't run CLS right now and get a decent payout, unless you have no life outside watching arena all day

Not even close to true. But if youre convinced then this probably isnt the game for you. Meta will always be meta. If youre not up to date youre left behind.

Remember your entire shard start ed roughly the same time as you
    Youre not a 1 year player against 3 year players. And not all not even a fourth are p2p.
  • Welcome to Star Wars: Galaxy of Revans.

So thoughtful of CG to make some new training wheels for folks who outgrew Phoenix squad. :D
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

No.

Yes.
    Unless you're in a very low shard, this is absolutely the case. Everyone uses the exact same teams (revan, traya, cls, MT, etc,) unless you're down in the 500+ area. Everything is 12.5+ So the only difference is mods and luck (who the ai uses mark on usually)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

No.

Yes.
    Unless you're in a very low shard, this is absolutely the case. Everyone uses the exact same teams (revan, traya, cls, MT, etc,) unless you're down in the 500+ area. Everything is 12.5+ So the only difference is mods and luck (who the ai uses mark on usually)

I think it's fair to say that you can consistandly win vs a superiorly modded revan team. So can't really say it's only about mods and luck.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

No.

Yes.

I think it's fair to say that you can consistandly win vs a superiorly modded revan team. So can't really say it's only about mods and luck.

Lol yea, but that's why I said mostly. 😉
    There's always some wiggle room when facing ai, but it works both ways.
    Skill with the teams is very important also
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

No.

Yes.

Lol yea, but that's why I said mostly. 😉
    There's always some wiggle room when facing ai, but it works both ways.
    Skill with the teams is very important also

yea, i agree with that.
    Arena is mostly about the team you're using and the mods.
    It's just that if people say it's all about mods like mods are the end all/be all i just can't help but feeling it isn't as definitive as that.
    Save water, drink champagne!

Yup. In fact, for climbing Zfinn is likely better unless you have above average mods. I have a fellow on my shard who ran the Zfinn rebels and would climb to one with crap mods while most of the shard slept. I find it highly amusing that now he has changed to Revan he can't break the top 20.
  • I've been holding off of g12 on Revan just to see where this is going, but it's tough not to jump on the same train...

I wouldn't hold off. He's a raid all-star even if he leaves the meta.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I remember my first meta
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Pretty sad state of diversity for sure 38/50 Revan leads in my arena. Im curious as to how the droid rework will effect rankings in the next week.
    Currently we have 3/5 Greivous, Magna, B2 with B1 set to be a marquee? And then Droideka also a marquee though no release date yet? So how will a full lineup with 2 droids at 3-4* and max g11 be able to upend the arena? I've been holding off of g12 on Revan just to see where this is going, but it's tough not to jump on the same train...

A lineup with two 3-4* characters will not upend the arena pretty much ever.

I think it makes perfect sense that there is less diversity. It also doesn’t mean that Revan is the strongest team with no Counter, it just means that everyone sees everyone using Revan, and he’s new and we were told that he’s really good. Also I would expect Revan to be meta defining.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Grievous will hopefully mix it all up
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Pretty sad state of diversity for sure 38/50 Revan leads in my arena. Im curious as to how the droid rework will effect rankings in the next week.
    Currently we have 3/5 Greivous, Magna, B2 with B1 set to be a marquee? And then Droideka also a marquee though no release date yet? So how will a full lineup with 2 droids at 3-4* and max g11 be able to upend the arena? I've been holding off of g12 on Revan just to see where this is going, but it's tough not to jump on the same train...

I think it makes perfect sense that there is less diversity. It also doesn’t mean that Revan is the strongest team with no Counter, it just means that everyone sees everyone using Revan, and he’s new and we were told that he’s really good. Also I would expect Revan to be meta defining.

Pretty sure Sion changed the meta at 4*. I know I was running EP team with 4* Nihilus and Sion in top 100 when he first came out.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

Pretty sure Sion changed the meta at 4*. I know I was running EP team with 4* Nihilus and Sion in top 100 when he first came out.

Yea, Bastilla was the same way. Completely dominated, even at low stars for awhile
  • Th difference is two of the characters will be marquee so you would either have to whale two marquees for like $600, or run two 4* characters, which would never hold. Still the possibility we get darth revan or malak at the end of the month or first week of March.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    My shard as well, Swimming in Revans from top to bottom.

Oh man was I hoping by his 2nd return we'd have moved onto another meta then this slow fest of burning through so much defence.