Issues with Phasma as defensive leader

MurderfacE
12 posts Member
edited February 2016
Am I the only one who gets Phasma as my opponent's leader and the bonus proc is WAY MORE than 18% for my opponent and closer to 18% for me about 2/3 of the time? It's not everytime but it is the majority of the time. Am I the only one?
Post edited by MurderfacE on

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    No. Go anywhere on the forum and you will notice a clear advantage to the A.I.

Someone did a post when they first released YODA and the OP noticed that for some reason, when YODA did a steal buff move he stole offensive up, despite the enemy having no actual buff on their end.

The current theory is that despite what the devs say, there are invisible buffs to enemy A.I. and this may include proc chances.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    No. You can go anywhere on the forum and notice speculation with no supporting evidence. That is a far cry from a "clear advantage". Don't let that stop you from adding to the rumor mill though.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Aggropox wrote: »
    No. You can go anywhere on the forum and notice speculation with no supporting evidence. That is a far cry from a "clear advantage". Don't let that stop you from adding to the rumor mill though.

Uhh, when I can barely get 2 phasma assists a game and the computer gets minimum 6 a game and just obliterates me to the point I have to avoid Phasma's outside of GW, yea, computer has a clear advantage.

That's not even talking about how enemy Lumi's have one shot my lumi with a crit wave (start of the game, my lumi has full health), and I have a max 7* Max gear + full slots + full force wave and my Lumi with Sid leader cant ever one shot enemy lumi's.

So yea, I am gonna go with clear advantage.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Not to mention the 10%-self-revive-chance of Old Daka, which usually works 2 or 3 times in a row ... :)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    Not to mention the 10%-self-revive-chance of Old Daka, which usually works 2 or 3 times in a row ... :)

This guy right here. I forgot about Daka's. Man, the number of times I've seen the CPU revive on a dead Daka is uncountable. It's the *sole* reason people target her first because they KNOW that nice little "10%" chance is more like 90%. If it was truly 10%, more people would gamble on killing her last instead of first. The sheer fact that she almost guaranteed a revive via unique or heal is grounds for killing her first.

• Sounds about right. With Daka, I always go for her first, not only for the self-revive, which is suposedly 10% but in my experience, is closer to 50-66.6% and closer to 5% for me, but her ally ressurection as well. In my experience, if an ally of her's is killed, its a 75% chance they will get resurrected whereas my allys are 10%. If I was 100% FTP, I wouldn't be as upset but when I pay for something, no matter how little or how much, then it needs to work properly or get fixed in a reasonable amount of time, not at the rate EA is 'addressing' the issue. I'm not a whiner, but when I get my butt handed to me and I have no chance, it upsets me just a little.
  • Toukai wrote: »

Uhh, when I can barely get 2 phasma assists a game and the computer gets minimum 6 a game and just obliterates me to the point I have to avoid Phasma's outside of GW, yea, computer has a clear advantage.

That's not even talking about how enemy Lumi's have one shot my lumi with a crit wave (start of the game, my lumi has full health), and I have a max 7* Max gear + full slots + full force wave and my Lumi with Sid leader cant ever one shot enemy lumi's.

Of course you will. It is much easier to just claim that than actually do any kind work to track it and post your results. Too bad plenty of others have already put the effort forth to track it and they have posted their results. Guess what they found? You probably wouldn't believe the answer if I told you, nor would you bother with using the search function to find their topics.

So just go ahead and stick to your little theory.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

Of course you will. It is much easier to just claim that than actually do any kind work to track it and post your results. Too bad plenty of others have already put the effort forth to track it and they have posted their results. Guess what they found? You probably wouldn't believe the answer if I told you, nor would you bother with using the search function to find their topics.

So just go ahead and stick to your little theory.

Plenty of players have done the effort to track data and...... come to find out none of the characters abilities do what they say they do! There was a lovely post by someone who found out that Dooku's evasion didnt do anything and there is a fix in the works. Humbling blow on QGJ was bugged. Etc, etc, etc,

I have browsed and read pretty much everything on this forum, so yea I have seen who has done the work and who hasn't. There was a lengthy post of almost 4-5 pages of people figuring out why A.I. has so much more damage and chances with video + screen shots showing A.I. advantage. So, your little "I am going to say you're wrong but not do anything to support my claim" thing is kind of silly. Especially when I can literally click on ANY link in this forum and see non-stop complaints about how hard the A.I. is despite it's inability to focus fire on characters.

But, keep trying to feel superior when you're absolutely wrong on everything. Especially on Daka revives :)
  • You made the claim so the burden of proof is on you and your claims. How many people complain about something is in no way evidence of what you are claiming. Also, certain skills being bugged is not the same thing as a direct bonus to AI. Not even a little bit. Keep moving those goal posts, buddy.

With all that proof you claimed you saw you should have no trouble proving your case. Or keep pretending that I am wrong or somehow trying to make myself superior over you. Which ever is easier for you. lol

I and others are just tired of seeing the same dead horse being beaten over and over again with no actual evidence to support the accusation. You would be a community hero if you did what nobody else has done and finally proved that the AI gets a bonus. Good luck.

• I can say in Arena today the AI did focus fire on my team once some one hit yellow they hammered them. I was impressed felt more like I was playing a person.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    Yeah, I have notice the AI being better at that lately too.
  • I found a screen recording program. I have to learn how to make it work, haven't tried it yet. I'll put it to the test, see if I can show actual proof beyond my saying I'm being screwed. I'm ok with losing because I lost, im not ok with losing when I had no chance because of how the AI gets procs versus how I get, or didn't get, procs.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    I will save you some time if you want.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7368/bang-bang-she-shot-me-down-captain-phasma-and-her-crazy-assist-proc-rating#latest

Phasma was bugged and would call assists off of things like heals. Besides bugged skills there is no hidden AI bonuses that some people swear there are. The people that have actually done the work have all come to the same conclusion. We are subjected to the same percentages the AI is subjected to. Keep in mind that Phasma's proc doubles for other First Order allies. That includes Kylo.

I do understand your frustrations though. RNG is a fickle *****.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Besides bugged skills there is no hidden AI bonuses that some people swear there are.

Oh snap, it sounds like the A.I...... had an advantage due to......a bug!

Please refer to my: you are wrong.

• Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Except for that pesky little fact that a bug is in no way the same thing as the "invisible buffs" you claimed the AI has. If a skill is bugged it is bugged for the AI and the player. Which dumps all over your advantage theory. Maybe you should write that down. Have you gathered any of that proof you said you had? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Please refer to my: keep moving those goal posts, buddy.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Except for that pesky little fact that a bug is in no way the same thing as the "invisible buffs" you claimed the AI has. If a skill is bugged it is bugged for the AI and the player. Which dumps all over your advantage theory. Maybe you should write that down. Have you gathered any of that proof you said you had? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Please refer to my: keep moving those goal posts, buddy.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/12431/i-think-i-know-why-the-arena-is-a-lot-harder-the-past-few-days-but-need-further-testing/p1

I didn't say they did have it, I said it was a theory, and a plausible one.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    Yeah, read that a while ago. A possible bug. Neato. Dooku carries offensive up passive. Bugs don't care if he is the leader or not.

We both know you were not talking about bugs until you decided to move the goal posts. You would have said bugged instead of invisible buffs. You were implying that the devs gave the ai buffs on the sly.

AI bonuses have been debunked long ago by the devs and other players. That is a fact despite your refusal to accept it. An ai controlled Daka doesn't get any extra bonus to revives despite your liberal use of hyperbole. Her skill was bugged. The only thing that bug effected was that she revived herself and she wasn't supposed to. Her proc rates work as intended.

Conformation bias. You have it.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Yeah, read that a while ago. A possible bug. Neato. Dooku carries offensive up passive. Bugs don't care if he is the leader or not.

We both know you were not talking about bugs until you decided to move the goal posts. You would have said bugged instead of invisible buffs. You were implying that the devs gave the ai buffs on the sly.

AI bonuses have been debunked long ago by the devs and other players. That is a fact despite your refusal to accept it. An ai controlled Daka doesn't get any extra bonus to revives despite your liberal use of hyperbole. Her skill was bugged. The only thing that bug effected was that she revived herself and she wasn't supposed to. Her proc rates work as intended.

Conformation bias. You have it.

Except devs wont ever talk about the game in a bad light or confirm anything. A.I. bonuses have not actually been debunked in the slightest and Daka gets huge amounts of revives for the stated 10%, and thats not coming from me that is coming from pretty much everyone on the forums. The "bug" on her ability wouldnt be an issue if it were for both the A.I. and a human player, but numerous human players havent been able to revive with near the consistancy. That is a fact. People use Phasma/Daka in their defensive line-ups because they know the shenanigans that the A.I. plays.

Confirmed ****. You are it.

• Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    Surprise, surprise. More hyperbole. It has been debunked. It isn't coming from "pretty much everyone in the forum" , and Daka doesn't get "huge amounts of revives".

People use Phasma and Daka because they are great toons.

You are dense and tiresome. I will leave you to your willful ignorance. Have a great day.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Surprise, surprise. More hyperbole. It has been debunked. It isn't coming from "pretty much everyone in the forum" , and Daka doesn't get "huge amounts of revives".

People use Phasma and Daka because they are great toons.

You are dense and tiresome. I will leave you to your willful ignorance. Have a great day.

You say it is debunked, yet havent provided a single link. I, too, grow tired of arguing with someone who clearly is an ****.
  • May the force be with us all in these troubling times.
  • Gee, I didn't realize my personal experience with Phasma as the defensive leader would lead to so much hatred and anger. I know, regardless of what anyone tells me that Phasma's bonus attack proc is giving the AI an unfair advantage at times. I stated in my original post that it wasn't 100% and it's not but the amount is enough to originally make me take notice subconsciously and then consciously. Since the original posting of this forum post, I've done my best to avoid Phasma led groups but it's pretty tough. I'm in the 100-200 rank so I don't get many chances to fight other leaders. I see mostly Phasma and then a mix of Sidious, QGJ, Bariss and a few others.
    My whole point of this post was to see if anyone else feels the same way about a particular character when it's being controlled by the AI.
    My last comment is this...I'm not a whiner trying to sway people in my direction. I'm mad because I lose battles, yes, but not because I get outplayed but because I got beat by an unfair advantage. I know it happens, its not a figment of my imagination. I understand the synergy between certain toons so it's not that I don't fully understand although I don't know all of the nuances of every character, but I run into the same 10-15 characters on a regular basis so I've done my research to make sure I'm not missing how those non-Phasma toons work.
    Ok, enough of my rant for today. I'll close by saying, I know what I see and I'm not fabricating or embellishing my view. It is what it is.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    MurderfacE wrote: »
    Gee, I didn't realize my personal experience with Phasma as the defensive leader would lead to so much hatred and anger. I know, regardless of what anyone tells me that Phasma's bonus attack proc is giving the AI an unfair advantage at times. I stated in my original post that it wasn't 100% and it's not but the amount is enough to originally make me take notice subconsciously and then consciously. Since the original posting of this forum post, I've done my best to avoid Phasma led groups but it's pretty tough. I'm in the 100-200 rank so I don't get many chances to fight other leaders. I see mostly Phasma and then a mix of Sidious, QGJ, Bariss and a few others.
    My whole point of this post was to see if anyone else feels the same way about a particular character when it's being controlled by the AI.
    My last comment is this...I'm not a whiner trying to sway people in my direction. I'm mad because I lose battles, yes, but not because I get outplayed but because I got beat by an unfair advantage. I know it happens, its not a figment of my imagination. I understand the synergy between certain toons so it's not that I don't fully understand although I don't know all of the nuances of every character, but I run into the same 10-15 characters on a regular basis so I've done my research to make sure I'm not missing how those non-Phasma toons work.
    Ok, enough of my rant for today. I'll close by saying, I know what I see and I'm not fabricating or embellishing my view. It is what it is.

It's not you man. You are experiencing the same thing everyone on this forum is experiencing. I provided a link to the convo where someone was testing and trying to figure out "why." My recommendation is pretty much just go for teams you can confirm kill and avoid teams with RNG, since RNG will always be in the A.I.'s favor (Daka revives, Phasma procs, Boba revives, etc...)

The person I have been arguing with has used only his own opinions with no links or contributions at all, and even self defeated himself when he posted confirmed bugs that gave A.I. advantages. Have those bugs been resolved? Some. Has he provided any links to anything he has claimed? No.
  • Aggropox
    120 posts Member
    lol
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    lol

Can't even lose, has to get the last word in as well. Also a bad quality :)