Galactic Chase-Emperor's Shuttle [MEGA]

Replies

• This is a great idea! Can we do something like this every quarter?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This is a great idea! Can we do something like this every quarter?

Why not every month?
  • Will the shuttle appear in tomorrows platoons?

Only 1-2 emperor's command shuttle in EACH platoon.
  • Anyone else having trouble with fleet battles screen?
  • Yes put up images earlier. Filed ticket. Let's see. My energy isn't earning interest......free G12 Magnaguard as compensation?
  • It’s super annoying that we have no idea how often this will come back. They are always pretty clear when it is a rare event. This makes me feel like it’s going to occur frequently and they aren’t telling us because they know some people will spend to max him out immediately, and maybe wouldn’t if they knew he would appear on hard nosed or something in 2 weeks.
  • I like this new way of releasing something. It doesn’t put another burden on your energy resources unless you want it to and you can still eventually obtain it. I’m pretty happy with my 6 shards so far. I’ve realized a lot of the satisfaction of the game for me comes from the planning and work required to obtain the characters and ships. Like Chewbacca...building an uber bounty hunter squad was a total journey. Now that I have him he’s just another member of my rebel squad.
  • If anyone is having problems with the event, I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it and now it works.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Get it to
    5 then stop the ship is horrible.... protection up
    Seems broke or just sucks... waste of omegas

Super glad for new content tho now for actual ship content we can play LETS GO
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Since the conversation has still carried on a bit, I will chime in once more:

First, I apologize to OldBaldOne, because I actually didn't see their first post. I was responding just to the comment about playing the odds with low energy nodes, and furthermore I approached it in the context of other concersations I'd been seeing about whether the expected value of drops changes per node. So my response only means that the mean number of drops over time and players shouldn't matter the type of node.

It is in interesting point that BaldOne brings up that, if you're not spending the average 8,250 energy to max the ship, and are instead working with limited resources, the nodes with the higher drop rate might be a no-brainer. The average is the same because of the extreme drops in each case, but the higher drop rate nodes mean more of the observed drops will be high.

Although one tidbit I would point out with the specific example provided is that 71 attempts on a 20-energy node requires 8 refreshes (although over 5 days is just 1.6 refreshes a day, so pretty cheap and doable). So why is the user deciding to refresh the node that many times but only buying a single energy refresh? Seems like a more practical example would come up with a different scenario. Talking about the cumulative probability of 50 or more shards is moot when you only do 40 attempts.

I did a little experimenting, albeit quickly, so feel free to do your own checking of my math; I may have made a mistake.

Using the 1425 energy over 5 days, and doing 40 20-energy attempts, one can only do 78 8-energy attempts. This makes the probability of 50 or more shards for those 78 attempts dismal. The following is where you should critique my approach: Taking the probilities for each of the 41 drop scenarios and multiplying them by cumulative probabilities for the 8-energy nodes ranging from (50-x) shards to 78 shards, you achieve the probabilities for the possible ways to obtain 50 or more shards when splitting your energy up. Summing these, I get the probability of 50 or more shards in this scenario to be only 2.9%. So going straight for all 8-energy is a safer bet.

(I realize we are now dealing with 80 shards, but wanted to stick to the same example).

It may be possible, with buying more hard-node refreshes, that you may end up in a situation where the higher drop rate starts to win out. Those so inclined might want to figure out their exact scenario (again, in the above example, an extra 25-75 crystals a day for node refreshes may be doable, in which case go all 20-energy nodes. I'm just trying to make conversation here that individual mileage may vary).
  • OldBaldOneKenobi
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Summing these, I get the probability of 50 or more shards in this scenario to be only 2.9%.
    Your calculations are correct for getting EXACTLY 50 shards. But for getting 50 or more, you need to sum over all possible outcomes greater than 50 as well (max possible up to 118 in the scenario above). That probability is 93.9%, or about the same as doing ONLY 16-energy nodes. So yes, you could split your energy into 20- and 8-energy nodes, and still get a reasonably high probability of success. However, it will still be somewhat lower than only using 20-energy nodes, and between the probability of using only 8-energy nodes and the probability of using only 20-energy nodes.

If anyone's morbidly interested, here's the Mathematica code I used to get the answer:
    TotEnergy = 1425; (* Tot energy spent*)
    n20 = 40; (*Number of 20-energy events--User input*)
    n8 = Floor[(TotEnergy - n20*20)/
    8.] ;(*Number of 8-energy events--from remaining energy*)
    MinSuccesses = 50; (*Minimum number of successes*)
    prob20 = 0.80; (*Probability of success on 20-energy node*)
    prob8 = 0.32;(*Probability of success on 8-energy node*)
    (* Total probability calculation assuming the number of successes on \
    20-energy nodes is kSuccesses20 and the total number of actual \
    successes is kActualSuccesses--meaning the number of successes on \
    8-energy nodes is (kActualSuccesses - kSuccesses20). Must sum all \
    possibilities, meaning a double sum*)
    totProb =
    Sum[Sum[PDF[BinomialDistribution[n20, prob20], kSuccesses20]*
    PDF[BinomialDistribution[n8, prob8],
    kActualSuccesses - kSuccesses20], {kSuccesses20, 0,
    n20}], {kActualSuccesses, MinSuccesses, n8 + n20}]
  • I had 3 refreshes pre loaded, bought three refreshes today and also the energy pack so 1365 energy (inc the 45) no natural increase as I did it all in one go this evening, I’m on 65/80 that makes it 21 energy per shard, I’m not going into % as I worked through all the 20 energy modes I have at 3* then went into the 10 energy ones..
    I’m not complaining about those drop rates..
  • I spend 968 envergy to get 38 shards. I guess that "bad rng" or just SWOGH normal scam rng. Like in fleet battle, in this game you always have bad rng.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Excellent drop rates, if everyone did their 3 refreshes we should all have a great chance to unlock at 4 stars.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    preloaded 1k energy bought 600 energy pack plus 3 refreshes today so about 2k energy. I have ship unlocked and hate it lololz
  • The event isn’t working for me
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Summing these, I get the probability of 50 or more shards in this scenario to be only 2.9%.
    Your calculations are correct for getting EXACTLY 50 shards. But for getting 50 or more, you need to sum over all possible outcomes greater than 50 as well (max possible up to 118 in the scenario above). That probability is 93.9%, or about the same as doing ONLY 16-energy nodes. So yes, you could split your energy into 20- and 8-energy nodes, and still get a reasonably high probability of success. However, it will still be somewhat lower than only using 20-energy nodes, and between the probability of using only 8-energy nodes and the probability of using only 20-energy nodes.

If anyone's morbidly interested, here's the Mathematica code I used to get the answer:
    TotEnergy = 1425; (* Tot energy spent*)
    n20 = 40; (*Number of 20-energy events--User input*)
    n8 = Floor[(TotEnergy - n20*20)/
    8.] ;(*Number of 8-energy events--from remaining energy*)
    MinSuccesses = 50; (*Minimum number of successes*)
    prob20 = 0.80; (*Probability of success on 20-energy node*)
    prob8 = 0.32;(*Probability of success on 8-energy node*)
    (* Total probability calculation assuming the number of successes on \
    20-energy nodes is kSuccesses20 and the total number of actual \
    successes is kActualSuccesses--meaning the number of successes on \
    8-energy nodes is (kActualSuccesses - kSuccesses20). Must sum all \
    possibilities, meaning a double sum*)
    totProb =
    Sum[Sum[PDF[BinomialDistribution[n20, prob20], kSuccesses20]*
    PDF[BinomialDistribution[n8, prob8],
    kActualSuccesses - kSuccesses20], {kSuccesses20, 0,
    n20}], {kActualSuccesses, MinSuccesses, n8 + n20}]

I may have explained my process confusingly in text, but it was not the probability of exactly 50--that would be the sum of the products of each drop from the hard nodes and their compliments to 50 of the easy nodes. For each case of the 40, I did sum from the compliment of 50 up through 78 (so in the case of 40 and 78, there would be your 118).

I did go back and find my error though--I had a colon in the wrong place in my code, so it was summing things differently than how I wanted them to sum (I noticed the way I was doing it was not summing the individual binomial distributions to 1, which is how I caught it). When I put the colon in the correct place, I got 93.9%, like you did.

So yeah, doing it by doing your 8 hards every day first, then easy nodes after that gives you a better chance than all easy nodes. But my point about maxing out the hard nodes, which would give you the highest chance, is that someone who only spends 100 crystals a day and spends it on energy won't be refreshing the hard node.

So my only point was really, there are a multitude of ways one could split up crystals between energy refreshes and node refreshes, such that they may not play as many hard attempts as necessary to take up their energy allowance. But it certainly does appear you should probably do what hard nodes you can first, then just use up the rest on easy nodes.

But of course, there will be those poor saps who get low drops no matter what, so on average, it won't matter. ; )
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    preloaded 1k energy bought 600 energy pack plus 3 refreshes today so about 2k energy. I have ship unlocked and hate it lololz

Why?
  • Just hit 2000 energy spent and I’m at 60 blueprints. Don’t know what that comes out to but seems low.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Why?

Let me clear this up. I do not hate any ships. It's my fav part of the game. Until another sith capital or ship comes along it's pretty worthless in the meta.. (I do not think every new ship needs to be meta.)

I think the ship is worthless because there is LITERALLY ALMOST ZERO SHIP CONTENT.

If there was an assault battle that required sith and empire ships like we have for toons then Palps shuttle would be epic and amazing as it increases survivablity and would help people defeat PVE content

Same for other ships if there was a resistance and X faction assault battle resistance Xwing and all his assists would be great and super fun to play with..

But there is Zero ship content, nothing to do with them...which means the ONLY thing people care about is ship arena... Palps shuttle is "CURRENTLY" worthless there although I suspect in the coming months this will change big time.

In a way I'm glad every new ship is not insane OP and has to be meta defining I just wish there was some ACTUAL ship content so people could actually use their ships...Then when a ship is not meta defining and they are released people will not complain because they would actually need the ship to do or complete something.

The lack of ship content after 2 years is pathetic
  • I spent 3 refreshes today and got 9 shards from it after getting 8 shards from my original 144 to start the day...Im tired of their math. RNG and percentages dont work together.
  • This is a great idea! Can we do something like this every quarter?

Yeah! This would be the perfect way to release... oh, I don’t know... Darth Malak?
    ;):D
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It’s super annoying that we have no idea how often this will come back. They are always pretty clear when it is a rare event. This makes me feel like it’s going to occur frequently and they aren’t telling us because they know some people will spend to max him out immediately, and maybe wouldn’t if they knew he would appear on hard nosed or something in 2 weeks.

It won't come back. This isn't the way you farm the shuttle, it'll go on a node and in packs eventually--this is just how it was released, because people kept complaining about marquees. (EDIT: The SHUTTLE chase won't come back. There'll probably be other chases in the future for other releases.)

I like this chase event, but I'm not going to pretend that this system is any better--I've spent 400 crystals so far to get 50 blueprints. If this were a marquee I'd have spent 0 crystals for 50. True, it's sped up the farming of Jolee and Zaalbar a little bit, but at the cost of slowing down my L3 farm. And at an extra cost per day, since I normally only do one cantina refresh on my budget.

This isn't a bad way of releasing a character or ship because they give us a healthy amount of free crystals every day from arenas and daily tasks and folks who spend a lot of money on the game are probably spending less on this than on a marquee. But folks who normally don't spend anything on marquees are now having to spend their free crystals on this, so it's not great for us.

Eh. CG knows what it's doing. Despite what the weirdos here think, they're a good company that puts out a product with a robust free to play scene. They've got the internal numbers and will make the right decision, whatever that may be.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Anyone actually have it yet? I’m 17 shards away.
  • By noon on the first day the #2 guy on my shard had it. Don't think it's in his lineup though at only 4*.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    It’s super annoying that we have no idea how often this will come back. They are always pretty clear when it is a rare event. This makes me feel like it’s going to occur frequently and they aren’t telling us because they know some people will spend to max him out immediately, and maybe wouldn’t if they knew he would appear on hard nosed or something in 2 weeks.

It won't come back. This isn't the way you farm the shuttle, it'll go on a node and in packs eventually--this is just how it was released, because people kept complaining about marquees. (EDIT: The SHUTTLE chase won't come back. There'll probably be other chases in the future for other releases.)

I like this chase event, but I'm not going to pretend that this system is any better--I've spent 400 crystals so far to get 50 blueprints. If this were a marquee I'd have spent 0 crystals for 50. True, it's sped up the farming of Jolee and Zaalbar a little bit, but at the cost of slowing down my L3 farm. And at an extra cost per day, since I normally only do one cantina refresh on my budget.

This isn't a bad way of releasing a character or ship because they give us a healthy amount of free crystals every day from arenas and daily tasks and folks who spend a lot of money on the game are probably spending less on this than on a marquee. But folks who normally don't spend anything on marquees are now having to spend their free crystals on this, so it's not great for us.

Eh. CG knows what it's doing. Despite what the weirdos here think, they're a good company that puts out a product with a robust free to play scene. They've got the internal numbers and will make the right decision, whatever that may be.

Reading through the dev posts with this in mind, you may actually be right. I cant find anything where they would have said that this event will return for this particular ship.
    Maybe thats it? Instead of getting a free 3 star character/ship, now we have to pay crystals even for the unlock? Then 4-6 weeks later it gets to shipments, then single hard node...

If that really is what i fear it is, this is a massive nerf and a slap to the f2p players face.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    In reflection, I like the idea of the Galactic Chase, but I believe it is inferior to a standard marquee release for FTP/low spending players. For a Marquee event, every high leveled player that participates is guaranteed a 3 star unlock, a full health mod set, and a omega or two. You also have the side benefit of replaying the levels for free to try out different team compositions/work on achievements. Players also have the option of buying a Bundle pack that guarantees 30 shards or the Crystal Pack which still has a guaranteed drop. By comparison, an average player doing no crystal refreshes will not unlock the ship during the event because Fleet Energy's natural refresh rate is too low and the amount of energy needed for a 4 star unlock. An average player that desires to unlock ship must spend their crystals on refreshes which they were probably using on other farms or gear from the store. It is true that by doing the refreshes they are getting shards and gear from the node that are useful, but it still may take away from a more urgent farm. Lastly, this time around the Galactic Chase has no guaranteed shard drops because there are no bundle/packs in the store for it. I have no idea if the event is better or worse for dolphins or whales so they may have a different perspective on the issue.

Overall, I think the Galactic Chase was a solid attempt at trying something new, but it is not a better release format for characters/ships than marquee events for FTP/low-spending players.
  • Anyone actually have it yet? I’m 17 shards away.
    Yeah I unlocked this morning, used it in one battle against a non falcon team, makes things interesting, but nothing earth shattering. I’ve only took it to ability levels before omegas as I see no point in wasting resources. I’m going to take it to 5* hopefully before it ends and leave it there, no point going all in with my reserves of crystals to take it further.

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Anyone actually have it yet? I’m 17 shards away.
    Yeah I unlocked this morning, used it in one battle against a non falcon team, makes things interesting, but nothing earth shattering. I’ve only took it to ability levels before omegas as I see no point in wasting resources. I’m going to take it to 5* hopefully before it ends and leave it there, no point going all in with my reserves of crystals to take it further.

About the same, I unlocked it this morning and took it into a Fleet Battle to check it out. I agree that there is no point in using what crystals left to take it higher.