Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• A recommendation:
    If you want to earn money, then publish Zeta-Packs (similar the Omega-Packs).
    At least I would buy it........................
    For the new pack it would have been better add 3 Zetas as 1350 Crystals......
    Just a thought.......and sorry for my miserable english language.....
  • Looks like I get to save $10 this time around 👍🏼. CG packs entering MSF territory lol.
  • Not only is this just a snake-oil salesman style attempt to force players who wanted the Marquee Pack to say DOUBLE what they would have..while saying woohoo that new high price includes something extra that you didn't want and could already have bought separately IF you did want it, but also:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again now: Unless/until CG come not and categorically state that we will NEVER AGAIN have characters/ships "BANNED" from areas or modes of the game then I will NEVER AGAIN pay real money for that in-game content which is at risk of being banned!
    Are you listening @cg_sbcrumb @cg_carrie ??
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is this going to affect the packs for the new batch of OR if Darth Revan or Malak comes? If yes, it's indeed an incredibly kitten move...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is this going to affect the packs for the new batch of OR if Darth Revan or Malak comes? If yes, it's indeed an incredibly kitten move...

Currently, as stated, this will only be for Droideka and we will get an update ~2 weeks before the next change of this nature.
  • Most of these new decisions make me happy I haven’t spent anything on here in awhile.

The 9.99 pack was a great deal to get toons to 4* from jump.
    The crystal packs that give like 5-330 shards are gruesome.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is very disappointing. I used to buy every marquee without even thinking.... but now you want $10 more.... now i will need to consider it like i do in marvel. You are likely to get less of my money as they currently get less due to the cost and delivery of packs.

Again we complained because it was too many without any legendary or journeys to go with them and the value of the characters wasnt there...(see solo characters not having a legendary)

Your take away is "well they must not like the way we deliver characters and the price is too low"????

You guys do realize the optics of that are bad, right?

Combine that with late road aheads, low to no communication on the official form, and a general lack of understanding what blatant cash grabs look like... and you have problem brewing.

Consider lowering the price back... but do keep the changes to that 15-330 gamble pack... bit expensive but more payout feels better
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Currently, as stated, this will only be for Droideka and we will get an update ~2 weeks before the next change of this nature.

It says in the statement starting with droideka, not only droideka, so I take it as droideka plus anything that comes after it. Unless, of course, you have some insider info.
    And I meant "bundle" instead of "pack", the one for money. The one for crystals is terrible either way...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It says in the statement starting with droideka, not only droideka, so I take it as droideka plus anything that comes after it. Unless, of course, you have some insider info.
    And I meant "bundle" instead of "pack", the one for money. The one for crystals is terrible either way...

At the end of the post they state that they may not continue this change.
    4tgcsgraiudq.jpg
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    What about ship packs @CG_SBCrumb? Will those double too?

A great question that was not addressed in the post.

Great question. Per the post, we're only making this change to Droideka and no other characters or ships, at this time.

• If they did the shard pack with the old crystal subscription pack added in...I think they’d do pretty well in people buying those.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

4tgcsgraiudq.jpg

Great question. Per the post, we're only making this change to Droideka and no other characters or ships, at this time.

Ok, thanks. So it seems that it shouldn't affect returning packs, only the new ones. Unless they decide to change their minds, because the way how it's worded, we can expect anything...
  • All CG is doing is knowing that the droideka was super popular and requested for so long, is try to milk more money out of folks. They figured, well if everyone loves it so much, lets double the price and make double the profits. Little did they know, well they should know but never stop to realize till its too late, that this ALWAYS backfires. Youll get the whales no matter what, so doubling that is great, but guess what, now you get a ton less of the actual 98% player base to buy the pack all together.

Raising prices in this packs, never makes sense in the end.

Its a one-time quick cash grab from CG that some rookie finance persons idea that wants to show the big wigs theyre so smart, but hasnt worked in the office more than 3 months. If its not, well CG let me tell you the story about "New Coke"...

~D
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    A recommendation:
    If you want to earn money, then publish Zeta-Packs (similar the Omega-Packs).
    At least I would buy it........................
    For the new pack it would have been better add 3 Zetas as 1350 Crystals......
    Just a thought.......and sorry for my miserable english language.....

Exactly. If they want more money (and there is nothing wrong on that) why cant they introduce more appealing things to buy. I would also pay for zeta packs (unless they would be terribly overpriced). Or fully upgraded speed mods for example.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

4tgcsgraiudq.jpg

Ok, thanks. So it seems that it shouldn't affect returning packs, only the new ones. Unless they decide to change their minds, because the way how it's worded, we can expect anything...

The marquee bundles dont return.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

4tgcsgraiudq.jpg

So what kind of bundles did we get for the Revan event? Those weren't the same as marquee?
    Also, if they are considered "new", i have a bad feeling about this...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

4tgcsgraiudq.jpg

So what kind of bundles did we get for the Revan event? Those weren't the same as marquee?
    Also, if they are considered "new", i have a bad feeling about this...

These packs:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184457/content-update-10-10-2018#latest
    Yes they are different than the packs offered for marquee events:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194857/content-update-2-6-2019#latest
    Marquee bundles are only offered during after the event for 30 days (I believe)
  • Viulo_Dourshe
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    To the CGs:

I hope you read the comments in these forums, as it’s the best way to get direct feedback from your fans (customers). Also take note of the number of likes in comments. Valid or invalid, rational or irrational, the underlying sentiment is important to understand and respond to.

Others have already expressed my thoughts, and probably more eloquently, so I’ll keep this brief: $9.99 was doable for me, and perhaps I was even find a way to rationalize it. Heck, I kind of enjoyed knowing I got a head start on a marquee toon, compared to others who didn’t buy the pack. The $19.99 pack is not doable for me, and I will no longer be buying them.

Maybe doubling the price will balance with the number of paying customers you lose. Maybe you’ll even come out ahead. But please note that from me, you have lost $9.99 x the number of future marquee toons.
  • So it sounds like this is an upgrade for those who spend money to upgrade Marquee characters past 4 stars. We won’t know for sure until those pack odds are released, but they basically doubled the pack price while tripling the minimum shards obtained. Possibly a good deal there.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So it sounds like this is an upgrade for those who spend money to upgrade Marquee characters past 4 stars. We won’t know for sure until those pack odds are released, but they basically doubled the pack price while tripling the minimum shards obtained. Possibly a good deal there.

If the average outcome is less than 32 shards, it's still a worse deal than buying them from shipments.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    So it sounds like this is an upgrade for those who spend money to upgrade Marquee characters past 4 stars. We won’t know for sure until those pack odds are released, but they basically doubled the pack price while tripling the minimum shards obtained. Possibly a good deal there.

Not really, because the $10 crystal pack is a bad deal. Most people who buy crystals will pay more to get more crystals per dollar. This way they are forcing you to buy crystals at the lowest possible value.
  • Lol. Keep giving them your money, that's what you'll get.
  • Huge
    15 posts Member
    Dang at this point they should start throwing pop up ads in-between every screen...
  • Sam here. I always invested in the marquee pack if the character seemed important (like the old republic toons). Thanks for saving me money form here on.
  • Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    Looks like I get to save $10 this time around 👍🏼. CG packs entering MSF territory lol.
    At least MSF gives a lot of free shards all the time through various events. Whales can buy their boost and FTP can feel some nice progression if they're active enough.
    SWGOH seems to be always making use of the stick, punishing the whales by forcing the 10$ crystal pack on them, punishing the light spenders that can't afford the extra price, while the FTP are still stuck to the same old hard node farm anyway.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TWings wrote: »
    Dal_Zuba wrote: »
    Looks like I get to save $10 this time around 👍🏼. CG packs entering MSF territory lol.
    At least MSF gives a lot of free shards all the time through various events. Whales can buy their boost and FTP can feel some nice progression if they're active enough.
    SWGOH seems to be always making use of the stick, punishing the whales by forcing the 10$ crystal pack on them, punishing the light spenders that can't afford the extra price, while the FTP are still stuck to the same old hard node farm anyway.

Do you have any hands-on experience with MSF? Some nice ftp progression is sorely missing in this game and I'm getting fed up with the constant cash grabs, but so far I have heard that MSF is even worse.
  • So, I understand the motivation here for changing the packs up. CG is trying to get more “dolphins” to be whales, and they’re using a combination of higher prices for dolphins (20$ v 10$) and lower prices for whales (presumably cheaper to 7* with the more expensive marquee packs) to see if they can get enough dolphins to just bite the bullet and go all the way to 7*. Droideka will presumably be a good choice to do so, since it’s a highly sought-after toon. The problem is not so much with their marketing, but their PR. They should have known that this would be seen as nothing more than a price hike, so they shouldn’t have advertised it as a “deal”. Personally, what I’d have done to justify the price hike is make Droideka a 3* unlock, then put out 50 shards bundled with like 800 crystals for 20$, which would be perceived less as a way to force players who don’t want to to buy crystals and more of a way for players who missed the event to purchase a bundle that allowed the unlock (which wouldn’t be available with the standard 10$ bundles). Then on their announcement they could say something to the effect of they’re “reevaluating their marquee bundles and will be introducing some variety to their precendence”.
  • Just need to voice my own displeasure as someone who would buy marquee packs at $15 Australian. Upping the price (even once) to $30 is just too much.. I hope the sales reflect what a poor decision this is.
  • I'm a whale, I used to buy a Vault/month + every single 9.99 pack. For me 10USd are worth 1,571 crystals. 1,350 crystals for 10USD is an insult. So, I won't be buying the marquee and will probably reduce my buying of vaults. I guess a client that spends 1,300usd per year is not a client you want to keep. I guess now the target clients are those that spend USD 500+ per month.
  • I’d buy the marquee packs occasionally, but that was due to a guaranteed 4*, anything with odds 15-330 I avoid. The infinitesimal chance to get 330 doesn’t attract me at all. £20 for 100 shards, sure, that’s a lot of farming days avoided. Crystals for the 33% chance to get a shard? Nope.
    Where are the Stun Guns?