Climbing in arena without Revan, Traya, or C-3PO

Kai_Mulai
683 posts Member
edited February 2019
Once upon a time, I was in my arena top 20. But I have not been able to keep up with the teams at the top, and now I've fallen out of the top 100. I'm noticing the teams at the top all have one of 3 characters that I don't have: Revan, Traya, or C-3PO.

What I do have is here: https://swgoh.gg/p/214179885/characters/

Is there any way I can get back to where I once was using what I have? What teams should I use to face Revan teams? Or is it just a hopeless cause until I get one of those 3 characters? I'd appreciate some good advice. Thanks!

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Top 20 is highly unlikely without having any of those toons. To stay in top 100 and perhaps break into top 50, I'd run something like CLS, Chewy, Han, Thrawn and Nest (or perhaps R2 could find a place in that team). Your sith are decent, but they would be an easy target without Traya. Rebels hold better, at least in my experience.
    I'm still running Traya until I finish gearing Revan and I prefer to target Revan teams instead of rebels, even if they don't have C3.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I guess either your jefi or your CLS, Han, Chewie teams are your best bets currently. However, work a bit on your mods. Your Thrawn and R2D2 reaaally need more speed. Furthermore, you can collect and OK crit dmg set with the arrow and cross from Jango, the circle from ROLO or Zeb and square from QGJ. Try it out on Han or Chewie and see if it changes anything.

Check for more improvements yourself. Good modding goes a long way in arena.
  • good Nightsisters teams can also still get top ranks. With your rooster, I would try CLS, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, Nihilus for offense.
  • Thank you all for advice! I'm using CLS, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, R2, and remodded Thrawn & R2 so Thrawn is now at 293 speed & R2 is at 270. Still having difficulty with Revan teams, though. By the time I kill Yoda twice, the opposing team has wiped out 3 of my characters. Any suggestions on how to take out Revan teams?
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Thank you all for advice! I'm using CLS, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, R2, and remodded Thrawn & R2 so Thrawn is now at 293 speed & R2 is at 270. Still having difficulty with Revan teams, though. By the time I kill Yoda twice, the opposing team has wiped out 3 of my characters. Any suggestions on how to take out Revan teams?

Without C3P0 it would be very tough I’m afraid:(
  • Sparkle361 wrote: »
    good Nightsisters teams can also still get top ranks. With your rooster, I would try CLS, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, Nihilus for offense.

So Rooster (L), Cls, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, Nihilus? That’s 6? Hmm...
  • Rooster lead really is the way to go. That **** leadership is killer, and the doodle-doo unique follows up nicely.
  • How does "****(doodledoo)" get censored!? This site is ridiculous, what ever happened to the first amendment, EA?
  • Jesus, again, I suppose I can't call a donkey by it's proper name either. Or a female dog. Why not just star everything out, someone could take offense to just about anything these days,. right? **** insanity .... oh, that was a actually a bad word, maybe. Is reddit really the only forum for this game where people can have a real conversation or make a harmless joke?
  • Azazel61 wrote: »
    Sparkle361 wrote: »
    good Nightsisters teams can also still get top ranks. With your rooster, I would try CLS, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, Nihilus for offense.

So Rooster (L), Cls, Han, Chewie, Thrawn, Nihilus? That’s 6? Hmm...

That one took me 10 sec to figure out :)
    ...worth it!
  • I don't have Revan, Traya or C3PO.

I run with CLS, OG Han, Chewie, R2 and Old Ben.

I sit around 100 - and I'm happy with that. I know what I have to do to go higher (it's not a secret), but I don't wish to.

• I don't have Revan, Traya or C3PO.

I sit around 100 - and I'm happy with that. I know what I have to do to go higher (it's not a secret), but I don't wish to.

Oh, I'll freely admit I chose not to farm for Revan. He's just not a compelling character for me. I'll get him eventually, but I have other farming priorities first. I'll probably unlock Traya next month. Hoping to get C-3PO next time, but that may not happen either. I recognize my limitations as well. I'm not spending money and am frequently busy during payout times, but haven't changed times because the energy bonus times work out better now than if I changed. I just want to do the best I can with what I've got to work with. :)
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I don't have Revan, Traya or C3PO.

Oh, I'll freely admit I chose not to farm for Revan. He's just not a compelling character for me. I'll get him eventually, but I have other farming priorities first. I'll probably unlock Traya next month. Hoping to get C-3PO next time, but that may not happen either. I recognize my limitations as well. I'm not spending money and am frequently busy during payout times, but haven't changed times because the energy bonus times work out better now than if I changed. I just want to do the best I can with what I've got to work with. :)

Sounds like we're in pretty much the same boat and playing along the same lines friend.

As others have said -CLS, R2, Chewie and Han would seem to be your best bet for now then...with the fifth being your choice...Thrawn? Nest? Old Ben? GK?

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you want to beat the best teams without the best characters? gl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    A good fifth is KRU.

CLS, chewie, Han, r2, and KRU. One of my guild mates uses it. Stays top 100. Looks like a fun team.

Han gets a guaranteed stun at the beginning of battle. KRU also has a guaranteed stun throughout the battle.
    Post edited by Blackbeardpepe on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Getting them by an effort starting now won't save you as the next meta change is about to happen.