F2P question

Prev1
I am just curious if there are any F2P players out there that have all the farmable characters possible at level 85 and 7*. Secondly if you do, do you find it easier/faster to gear your characters? I have been playing for nearly 3 years and I don't recall ever seeing anyone post this question on the forums. Fire away lol

Replies

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    I’m a F2P since the game first came out, I don’t have all the characters unlocked it this is my profilepojk1gm01saf.png
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Edit: please disregard.
    I misunderstood the question.
    Post edited by Roopehunter on
  • bkcvw9fxjgn5.png

Not all leveled up as I don't see any use in many of them such as Ugnaught. I guess the second part of your question is about the time investment of gearing up a char to G11/12 compared to the time it takes to get him to 7*. Getting a char to 7* takes way more time in general than gearing up.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    getting all characters to 7* lvl85 is impossible for f2p players since some aren't even farmable yet. I'm sure there are players who've got them all unlocked and lvl 85 though, with enough credits to spare to star them up, waiting for them to become farmable.
    For me it's not even a goal to get them all. I do however have over half of them g11+, completely f2p. https://swgoh.gg/p/447911521/
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    bkcvw9fxjgn5.png

Not all leveled up as I don't see any use in many of them such as Ugnaught. I guess the second part of your question is about the time investment of gearing up a char to G11/12 compared to the time it takes to get him to 7*. Getting a char to 7* takes way more time in general than gearing up.

My second question is if by no longer focusing on stars if it makes getting gear appear to go faster since you are only focusing on gear. And I am just curious if anyone out there has accomplished it.
  • Im missing 7star c3po, only have him at 5star. Thats the only thing missing.
    Other than that, my bottleneck is carbs/stunguns. Theyre very limited and it often means that despite having all meta teams (traya, cls, jkr, ns), i must make a decision which one to gear up properly to g12+, the others are awaiting theur turn around g10.

Congrats, do you have lot of credits lying around now and how about crystals?
  • VIII wrote: »
    I’m a F2P since the game first came out, I don’t have all the characters unlocked it this is my profilepojk1gm01saf.png

You have not been a consistent daily player for 3 years
  • I have everyone unlocked and only 6 that are not 7 stars, but I wouldn't get them all to lvl 85 because that would be counterproductive (grand arena and a waste of credits)

https://swgoh.gg/p/278147258/
  • rxfvu7p6oazt.jpg

Since I am asking for info felt I should share mine.
  • I have everyone unlocked and only 6 that are not 7 stars, but I wouldn't get them all to lvl 85 because that would be counterproductive (grand arena and a waste of credits)

Do you find that you have a lot of credits available? I decided that since I made the mistake of leveling up my characters a long time ago that I would just level everybody up. Only have 14 characters left under level 85 and 5 characters left to unlock.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    What are your goals?
    If you want to progress as fast as possible, you definately shouldn't try to get all characters 7* and lvl85. It's far more beneficial to focus only on good characters, characters that are (potentially) required to get good characters and mods, that way you can perform better in every game mode, thus earn more rewards, thus progress faster.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    What are your goals?
    If you want to progress as fast as possible, you definately shouldn't try to get all characters 7* and lvl85. It's far more beneficial to focus only on good characters, characters that are (potentially) required to get good characters and mods, that way you can perform better in every game mode, thus earn more rewards, thus progress faster.

Only problem is CG decides what characters are necessary for events. I was lucky I had ewoks for C3PO, many people did not. My goal would be to have everyone at 7* so very little panic farming going on. So many characters available, I wish they would just rework more characters and make them viable then keep releasing new. But we all know it is about the $$$$$. 🤣
  • Bizanteen wrote: »
    I have everyone unlocked and only 6 that are not 7 stars, but I wouldn't get them all to lvl 85 because that would be counterproductive (grand arena and a waste of credits)

Do you find that you have a lot of credits available? I decided that since I made the mistake of leveling up my characters a long time ago that I would just level everybody up. Only have 14 characters left under level 85 and 5 characters left to unlock.

60 million at the moment. Used to be 70 but I found some good mods at the store
    leef wrote: »
    What are your goals?

Only problem is CG decides what characters are necessary for events. I was lucky I had ewoks for C3PO, many people did not. My goal would be to have everyone at 7* so very little panic farming going on. So many characters available, I wish they would just rework more characters and make them viable then keep releasing new. But we all know it is about the $$$$$. 🤣

You can get the shards and have them at 7 stars if you want, but leveling them to 85 is completely backfiring
    What are your goals?

You can get the shards and have them at 7 stars if you want, but leveling them to 85 is completely backfiring

I completely agree, but at this point the damage is done unfortunately.
    Bizanteen wrote: »
    What are your goals?

I completely agree, but at this point the damage is done unfortunately.

Yeah, I know. That really hurts you in grand arena, doesn't it?
  • It does on a 50/50 basis.
  • HammerHead
    154 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’ve played since launch and have a 3.3 mill gp almost and have Revan/traya. 100% F2P, no money spent whatsoever and this is totally achievable. I’ve got around 15 20 speed mods and am pvp oriented. Mods are everything though. Bad mods mean you can’t be competitive in all modes.

https://swgoh.gg/p/479461123
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Donate to your guildmates!
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I doubt it would be possible simply because toons keep coming out. i.e. very few will have the 2 OR that's not on the tables finished if they are f2p.

This is where I'm at but bear in mind I don't level/gear/star character anymore because of GA matchmaking. And the other one is our leader who makes a point of "getting rid of the shard collecting"

Upto the start of GA I have everything leveled, geared to 7-8, all abilities leveled and everything modded.

r7jljoa7xucp.png
    uma34omshx5h.png
  • I'm nearly there just hit 4.5mGP F2P, 158 7 star characters (1 more today not updated yet on swgoh.gg).

Everyone is level 85,as long as you have enough good teams for defense and offence and a good strategy, there isn't that much difference facing opponents at 4.5 as opposed to 4mGP.

• I don’t think even if you played since launch as a f2p you can hit that 4-4.5 mill GP unless you can spend money on the game. If you someone did hit that go without spending please let me in on the secret. Also how many mods do you have that are above 20 speed
  • https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123
  • HammerHead wrote: »
    I don’t think even if you played since launch as a f2p you can hit that 4-4.5 mill GP unless you can spend money on the game. If you someone did hit that go without spending please let me in on the secret. Also how many mods do you have that are above 20 speed

There are many in that range in my guild including me. This is the highest GP f2p I personally know
    https://swgoh.gg/p/476971282/

And this is me from the bot
    hiyho4s6zl17.png
  • Mojo_1
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi Hammerhead,

As No_Try said there are quite a few in that range, I know of a number of others around the same GP level.
    Started not long after launch, ranking 1st in both arena's makes a big difference to progress and crystal income (ignore fleet on my swgoh.gg profile for some reason the recording time went off a few weeks ago).

6lpss35sqw31.jpg

Whoops sorry, didn't mean to make that picture so big.
  • Thanks guys, you have answered my questions
  • I still have 3.3 million GP. rank 1 in arenas. Am in a top end guild. There is no way that you have a whole extra million plus GP than me without droppin some cash. It just doesn't add up. I can't be the only person who feels this way. I've been playing ever since this game came out over 3 years ago and am nowhere close to hitting 4 mill GP. I just think it's impossible
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    HammerHead wrote: »
    I still have 3.3 million GP. rank 1 in arenas. Am in a top end guild. There is no way that you have a whole extra million plus GP than me without droppin some cash. It just doesn't add up. I can't be the only person who feels this way. I've been playing ever since this game came out over 3 years ago and am nowhere close to hitting 4 mill GP. I just think it's impossible

Some people have just planned really well since the beginning. It’s most certainly possible.
  • HammerHead wrote: »
    I still have 3.3 million GP. rank 1 in arenas. Am in a top end guild. There is no way that you have a whole extra million plus GP than me without droppin some cash. It just doesn't add up. I can't be the only person who feels this way. I've been playing ever since this game came out over 3 years ago and am nowhere close to hitting 4 mill GP. I just think it's impossible

I'm ftp with just over 4 million, buddy. It could be more but I hold for GA. My .gg is listed somewhere above. I've been top 5 arena since June 2016, that helps millions
  • I have been playing since near the beginning, haven't spent a dime, and am at 4.27 million GP. The best I have ever done in arena is 22 I think. I just recently joined a HSTR guild a few months ago. I have everything unlocked except Traya and Han's Falcon. 149 7* and 26 G12, 50 G11. I worked on increasing GP when tw was released. First, I leveled every toon and ship to 85. Next I made sure all my toons were at least G7 so they would have protection added. Then I made sure everyone had all 5* mods. Lastly, I worked on getting everyone's ability to level 7 so I could hoard Mk3 upgrade mats. I have spent a lot of time on trying to get everyone to 7*, so I'm way behind on gear. I keep a list of 10 toons to gear to the next level and I need 9 stun guns between them. A lot of them are just waiting on one to get to the next gear level. So in either arena I'm not that competitive because I have good toons, but not top gear. I also have decent mods, but too many sets that can give +100 speed. Getting to 4 million takes time, but isn't that difficult if you started at launch. My credit crunch ended long ago. I have 200M currently. All you have to do is essentially throw credits and gear in the right places. I can easily guess there are people with less GP that could wreck me in either areana since they have gear and mods that outclass mine. GP really isn't everything, but it was important when tw came out. Now it is a detriment in GA matchmaking if you boosted your GP the way I have.