Credits

Not if this the correct place for this question, But what is the best way to earn credits in the game? Because i always seem to struggle to have fund to upgrade mods and level up toons

Replies

• Are you completing the top tier of the credit heist? That is far and away the best source of credits.
  • Not sure where you are in the game’s progression, like you’re at the credit crunch stage of the game. Everybody went (or will go) through it, usually it’s because you’re trying to spread yourself too thin. Best way to keep costs down is focus on one goal and finish that, then move on to the next. Other than Credit Heists, most of the credits you earn in-game are minimal. Once you get a few good teams set up, like 2 or 3, your credits will start building.
  • So at first i didnt know much about which toons were good and what was needed for special events etc. More recently is when i really got into the game. Im powering my phoenix squad and upgrading their mods. I have not touch my bounty hunters. I'm trying to get better so I can place higher in the Arena and finish the galactic war each day
  • If you have an account with swgoh.gg post it so we can look and give you more specific advice. Bounty hunters are great to work on as they can be used for the credit heist, and later to unlock Chewie.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I had the same issues until I upgraded my Scoundrels for credit heist. I would upgrade my scoundrels immediately, any 4-5, it doesn’t really matter. You stock up on credits fast, which allows you to do more
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Awwww....I fondly remember the days of the credit crunch.....before the stun gun crunch...and the stun cuff crunch.....and the gold eyeball crunch.......and the droid caller crunch.....and the carbanti crunch......and the ...............................
  • Stick with it man...... It's worth it..... As stated earlier, credit heist team is important in early stages.....

Once you get up there you will end up with .more credits than you can spend....
  • That would be great ty

My account : https://swgoh.gg/p/123596392/
  • I've been level 85 for almost a year and always run out of credits. Currently can't even max level Revan. I even lucked out and got 12.5 million last credit heist.
    Finishing Galactic War earns around 600k credits. That's your best daily money maker.
  • Usually I do fine for credits (this week's Weekly Shipments has cleaned me out but that's irrelevant), but it's always ship credits I'm lacking for. Any advice on how to get more of them?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    You stop needing ship credits pretty early because of how few ships there are. I've been level 85 for about 6 months and I've got 25M stockpiled. GW is where most credits and ship credits come from daily
  • Popoto
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah you really need to make sure you can do the highest tier of the credit event. As others have stated, you'll reach a point where credits aren't the limiting factor of progress. In fact, I'm floating 100 million right now. Another important thing is making sure not to spend credits on characters you won't use/gear. It costs about 6 milion to hit level 85 and that's ignoring mods/abilities/stars
    Usually I do fine for credits (this week's Weekly Shipments has cleaned me out but that's irrelevant), but it's always ship credits I'm lacking for. Any advice on how to get more of them?

Getting a ship up to speed can be pretty expensive.
    - buy ship credits from the cantina store(and dont buy mods for ship credits)
    - only spend on things you plan to use/upgrade in the near future
    - -Stay on top of doing daily challenges
    - you get credits for galactic war (I think? )
    I'm focusing on ships again and even now there are times where I run out.it can be tough, though not as bad as the credit crunch if memory serves
  • GW, credit heist, raids, GA, TW, TB, various events like Assault Battles are all sources of credits. As you level and gear more characters more options open up.

Mod farming is actually a halfway decent source of credits too. 50 crystals gets you 7.5 T3 mod challenge attempts. Each attempt gets you 7,500 credits and a mod. Sell grey mods (except speed arrows for up to 9,500 credits each (5-dot) and either pocket the cash or use it to level up other mods. Potential 119k credits / refresh and more chances to get promising mods to level.
  • Guild raids are decent sources for credits. If your guild isn't very active consider finding a new one.

And I'd agree with Rath_Tarr above. I've made millions selling grey mods. For the other color mods look for any that do not have speed secondaries. Those are all potential credits.
  • Credit Heist, raids, and a couple of events are the only large sources of credits. Other than that, you're pretty much just getting the 650k-ish per day from Galactic War (assuming you finish it), plus whatever paltry amount you get from missions. And a bit from the challenge on days when it's running.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Another thing to keep in mind and ask yourself is how do you spend your credits.

As for me, I level way too many mods.

Granted, I got more than 40 mods with at least +10 speed, which is not bad since I play since late October. But this costed me A LOT of credits gone wasted on grey to purple +3 speed ones or so...

So when people say to be hyperfocused, it is 100% true.

The first thing to earn credits, it is to spend the amount you get wisely. Do some sort of list of priorities and be adamant.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Not if this the correct place for this question, But what's the best way to earn credits in the game? Because i always seem to struggle to have fund to upgrade mods and level up toons

You are level 85 and your scoundrels still look like this:

https://swgoh.gg/p/123596392/characters/?f=Scoundrel

I'm sorry to say, that you have missed out on a lot of credits from not doing the highest tier of credit heist. Spending some resources to develop your scondrels will definately be a good (and needed) investment, which will pay off. My advice is to focus on developing the scoundrels that also have other uses, f.ex. as pilots or to unlock legendary characters.