Keyboard Bindings - why not elsewhere?

The battle option to turn on keyboard bindings (hotkeys) is pretty helpful...I often play with a keyboard, and it's great to be able to type rather than touch all the time. It's always struck me as an odd disconnect that the bindings aren't available in other parts of the cantina, as they'd add a more uniform interface and increase accessibility for various players. So, does anyone know the history of why they are selectively implemented, and would you like to see them expanded to all areas of the game?

Replies

• Aeglis
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Isn't this hotkey binding actually an feature of Bluestack (or other simulators) and not of SWGOH?

I think the main reason is that this is a mobile game and not designed for the use of a keyboard.

• If you go into options during a battle, you've got the option for keyboard bindings. I never actually knew what they were.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Yep, the bindings are natively offered by SWGOH.

Chromebooks now run Android apps without a simulator, so I imagine a growing chunk of our massive playerbase is playing that way. Maybe that'll generate enough usage data to expand the bindings.