Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Not a fan of this, you are just forcing crystal purchases on us. Blatant money grab.
  • Like it, buy it. Don't? Then don't. Pretty simple.
  • Tokke wrote: »
    Not a fan of this, you are just forcing crystal purchases on us. Blatant money grab.

They are realising that alot of people are clearing 800-900 crystals a day from arena payouts and thus are spending less on crystals and farming required characters faster.

This way they increase their revenue
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Like it, buy it. Don't? Then don't. Pretty simple.

Such a respectful relationship with the customer base...
    The fools in charge at EA said the same thing about Battlefield 5 before it released and bombed.... Yeah.. People did NOT buy it...
    The people in charge of these decisions need to get real. They need to get out of that bubble they're in. Their internal network is harming them. This is why their stock is crashing, because they keep shooting themselves in the face.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Tokke wrote: »
    Not a fan of this, you are just forcing crystal purchases on us. Blatant money grab.

They are realising that alot of people are clearing 800-900 crystals a day from arena payouts and thus are spending less on crystals and farming required characters faster.

its NOT a lot of people. it would actually be considerate if CG would take every squad arena and split them in half, to give everyone a bit more breathing room. (there's like 10 fleet arena shards for every single squad arena shard, which is mental) ...if CG wanted to combat shard chat collusion, they'd do just that.
    and actually, right now CG is squeezing the top players in squad arena. forcing them to spend all those crystals on refreshing to skip the 10 minute wait between battles, because the arena is 100% Revan, which is absurd. and if you wait 10 minutes between climb attempts right now... then either your target is being hit by someone else, or you are being hit by someone... And CG knows this...
  • Haha 2600 crystals for 15 shards what a waste. With no gaurantee of at least 100 shards hard pass, especially if it doesnt come with a load of omegas, zetas and/or credits.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    its sad because you can get 5* palpmobile (145 shards) right now for about $22 worth of crystals (or a few days of arena rewards)
    5 stars...that's a good value.
    but of course if it turns out we need 7* palpmobile before the chase event reappears, then only those who spend something like $650 will be able to pull that off, which is twice as bad as the typical RNG store packs...
  • GrandMasterNexus
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The only reason I would buy the $9.99 pack was the guarantee of the additional star at a stomachable cost. You've doubled the price to make me buy crystals, where IF I WANTED $10 WORTH OF CRYSTALS I'D BUY THEM INSTEAD! Now I'll buy neither. Thanks for nothing money wh >:) res.
    Post edited by GrandMasterNexus on
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg

Maybe if they eliminated shard cartels that would change, but nah , just try and rake the rest of us lol.
  • Witness wrote: »
    This is dumber than the stupid TW you guys did. Forcing an up charge on the same product is absolutely ridiculous. If I go to eat dinner and get a $5 meal then the cashier says $10 please. We threw in a dessert. I’m leaving. And that’s exactly what you did. If I wanted the dessert I would’ve ordered the dessert

Except they didnt throw in dessert. They threw in that nasty 3 day old batch of canned broccoli that's been sitting out for three days
  • A few people have mentioned and I’ll just reiterated what a great idea it is.

This pack idea is ridiculously obvious and bad. No way I’d spend for this pack

But if they made it so it was the shards + the original crystal booster - I’d be tempted to buy every pack they came out with if they stacked.
  • I‘m actually excited for B1 and Droideka and planned to buy those packs to get them to 4 stars and support the game a bit as I generally think the Devs are doing a great job with it.
    This however? Not gonna buy those packs anymore... 10 bucks more just to get crystals I don‘t need (because droprates on the other pack are atrocious anyway), no thanks.
  • At what point did CG think this was a good idea? They had a meeting to discuss how to increase revenue.
    “Hey here’s an idea. Let’s add $10 onto the marquee pack and kick them the crystals. They are very popular and this way we can get more money. Sure some people will be upset but as long as 50% or more still buy it we will increase revenue. It is really the same value, we are just forcing them to buy the crystals.”

What kind of company forces somebody to buy something they don’t need or want? CG does. If you want that extra star you must now buy $10 worth crystals. Such a sleezy, greedy, money hungry CG move.

They will justify it by saying it’s the equal value returning to the customer. But the point is a lot of people like the $10 pack for the extra star and a nice head start on a panic farm. This is a disgusting move. I question the ethical intent behind it.
  • DarthZeroDan
    107 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm sorry but forced purchases? What floppy nosed cash grabbing neanderthal thought this was I good idea? Surely, if you want double the money you offer double the product? Not an unrelated product that can be willing purchased already!
    You want more cash, CG? $9.99 for the original pack, unchanged, to get to 4 star and then a $29.99 pack to get to 5 star. That people would have paid for! But have to spend the way you dictate for a product that people don't want added?
    Back to the drawing board, folks and a few more brain storming session (with a perspective from outside of your demented little echo chamber) would be a great plan. It would result in less of these displays of unbridled lunacy.
  • This makes no sense at all. If players want to buy the crystals as well they will. You've done literally nothing but devalue the packs and discourage people like me who only care about the shards from buying it. Congrats lol. Who comes up with this stuff? Yall are lucky this is a star wars game

Doubt it. They just pushed away people that are only in it for the shards. If people are gonna buy crystals theyll buy them regardless. They didnt even offer a discount on the crystals in the package lol
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Like it, buy it. Don't? Then don't. Pretty simple.

Such a respectful relationship with the customer base...
    The fools in charge at EA said the same thing about Battlefield 5 before it released and bombed.... Yeah.. People did NOT buy it...
    The people in charge of these decisions need to get real. They need to get out of that bubble they're in. Their internal network is harming them. This is why their stock is crashing, because they keep shooting themselves in the face.

I dont believe he was sticking up them, just making a point. They are trying something different, based on the responses here, which is a very small sample size of people that actually play it looks like it will bomb. As always vote with this type of game vote with your wallet.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    CG, this will not go the way you want. Forecast of 2019: death of this game if you continue to make stupid decisions like this. Keep antagonizing your playerbase CG. Good job if that was your intention.

People have been saying this game is going to die since 2017. Facts are facts, 2018 spending was the same as 2017 spending. Cubs did a while video using a third party app that shows this. Sure skeptics will be skeptics. Anywho, maybe it will be the end maybe not. I for one am not a fan of this pack but tbh I'll still buy it lol.
  • So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

It had been confirmed before in GC videos.

I’ve grown tired of searching other sites for “official” information.

I mean EA posted a video of it when the road ahead came out (timestamped where it told us Marquee).

https://youtu.be/fNp8FMIlxnQ
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    CG, this will not go the way you want. Forecast of 2019: death of this game if you continue to make stupid decisions like this. Keep antagonizing your playerbase CG. Good job if that was your intention.

People have been saying this game is going to die since 2017. Facts are facts, 2018 spending was the same as 2017 spending. Cubs did a while video using a third party app that shows this. Sure skeptics will be skeptics. Anywho, maybe it will be the end maybe not. I for one am not a fan of this pack but tbh I'll still buy it lol.

irrelevant to the issue tho

I'd like a big mac.
    fries with that?
    No thanks

Oh, you want a big mac? have I got a deal for you! It's a big mac w/fries for double
    I don't want fries! If I did I would have bought them
    NO BIG MAC FOR YOU W/OUT FRIES, LOSER! pay or ****
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Viper_II wrote: »
    So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

I mean EA posted a video of it when the road ahead came out (timestamped where it told us Marquee).

vw23oq57425b.png
    Here's the Screen Shot if you are too lazy to visit another cite and watch a 45s video
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I don't like this change. Neither of them are appealing or even make financial sense to me.
  • Massena777
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well I'm not a customer for these $19.99 packs. I bought the $9.99 packs quite often and was planning to continue doing so, but I never buy crystals so I'm not going to spend the extra cash to get them. Disappointing, I enjoyed getting the edge on farming with the extra star.
  • Seems like an odd choice. Why not offer $4.99 packs for 25 shards, with a limit of 5? Surely you'd net a lot more fish that way, even some that'd spend on all 5. Canadian exchange rate already bumps the regular marques out of the single digit dollar range, I have no idea why you'd intentionally do that to the American audience.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Viper_II wrote: »
    So it’s confirmed that Droideka will be a marquee release.

vw23oq57425b.png
    Here's the Screen Shot if you are too lazy to visit another cite and watch a 45s video

Apart from the "lazy" comment... This was helpful.... as ive not seen the video either...
  • In another fun note... why is that video not embbedded in the greavous , b1, destroyer, b2 and guard announcement?

Are they not allowed to put it here in the official forum?
  • I recently did the math, and I spent just under $700 in 2017 on this game. In 2018 I bought Scion and Visas packs, and then they pulled that crap where they nerfed them shortly after release. They then continued so many bad practices through 2018 that kept me from spending again. Culminating with the Revan money grab near the end of the year. And now this to start 2019. I have not become even remotely tempted to start spending again.
  • Doubling the price? Wow. And to think I was gonna purchase any good CW character bundles that came out. 20 bucks for 30 shards is ridiculous.