Arena is REAL fun

Prev13
Just wanted to point out to the devs how much fun im having in arena. I was running a traya lead getting pushed above 100 daily, that was boring. changed my squad to revan, and oh boy now its real fun. Revan VS revan. Then more revan vs revan... Then revan vs revan with a twist... Ermahgerd ezra in the mix whaaaaa. Wow the dynamics and interchange in characters is amazing. Just when you think you have seen it all then boom! the unthinkable happens... revan vs revan with Hermit yoda ......
Bravo guys. Big pat on the back. Cant wait for the next toon that completely owns the arena.

Replies

• Just wait for GG
  • Except in the very early stages of the game, arena has always been dominated by a single team, and likely always will be. It sucks, but you need the crystals, so you're going to play it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Emguy wrote: »
    Just wait for GG

I got him 7* and the rest of the droids.. Just never geared them.
  • Feel free to use Jawas in arena.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Still more diverse than the original CLS meta
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Still more diverse than the original CLS meta

Do you have any screenshots that can prove that? Someone else claimed the same but it looks more or less the same as CLS meta.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This is top 10 right before JTR:

tlbgash3672r.png

Top 10 now

orzzuq4as13t.png

• Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    I dont understand your complain, You are expecting that someone else will play different team than Revan but You play Revan like every one else. Than You blame developer for that but You dont See that You are reponsible for which team You play. I think many Players from your arena shard think the same Way You do. But all Players who plays Revan in arena have at least two thing in common,: You have Revan and You want to be the best.... So couse You are mostly the same and from 10 teams You choose always one or two teams, your Arena fun is always going to boredom. Than You always complain that CG did something wrong.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

tlbgash3672r.png

Top 10 now

orzzuq4as13t.png

Big difference between 2,000+ CLS leads and nearly 12,000 Revan leads.

That might simply be a difference between the amount of swgoh.gg user then and now. Or the first pic might me top 1 spots, dunno. There's no reason to think the stats more or less doesn't apply to the community at large in both cases, is there?

This is current top 1 which correlates with top 10

wue8vnjn9dry.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'm just glad there;'s finally a thread crying about the meta!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • No_Try wrote: »

tlbgash3672r.png

Top 10 now

orzzuq4as13t.png

There is also a big difference between the number of accounts the stats were pulled from. The top chart was out of about 3300 teams, while the bottom is out of over 15000 teams.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    We all know this meta is a goner. What I'd rather see is this be a cautionary tale for CG not to make things almighty and keep paper/rock/scissor relation in all meta introductions.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Its literally never been this bad before, even CLS was not this dominant.

You either have Revan, or you are not a part of arena. Nothing else holds on defence as well as Revan. You can be a outlier, but will have a hard time considering you will be picked on a lot for variety.

I look at my top 50, every single squad is Revan with three zeta's. Every. Single. One.

And now Ships too with Falcon. top 5 only at least for me since not many had the bh ships needed.

Even when Traya was "meta" or Revan was "meta" when he was a paid for toon, it was not this bad. Traya could still be beaten, Revan could be beaten but was hard, but this? A sea of fighting the same squad that tries to time you out 100% of the time should you survive?
  • Ive never seen arena this bad.

tlbgash3672r.png

Top 10 now

orzzuq4as13t.png

The raw numbers aren't important, the proportion is what's important. In the first chart, CLS leads were 62%, GK/Zariss was 22%, Rex 11% and then others (Thrawn, Ackbar, Finn, etc.) made up the last 5%.

In the Revan chart, it's 80% Revan, 12% Traya, 4% CLS, and then others (Finn, JTR, NS, etc.) for the last 4%.

The difference in variety between 62% and 80% of teams being one squad in particular in HUGE.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

You either have Revan, or you are not a part of arena. Nothing else holds on defence as well as Revan. You can be a outlier, but will have a hard time considering you will be picked on a lot for variety.

I look at my top 50, every single squad is Revan with three zeta's. Every. Single. One.

And now Ships too with Falcon. top 5 only at least for me since not many had the bh ships needed.

Even when Traya was "meta" or Revan was "meta" when he was a paid for toon, it was not this bad. Traya could still be beaten, Revan could be beaten but was hard, but this? A sea of fighting the same squad that tries to time you out 100% of the time should you survive?

boo hoo. pls pm cls meta, poe meta, traya meta etc, next thing you know we're gonna cry about the next meta. BECAUSE ALWAYS.

c'mon, son
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

boo hoo. pls pm cls meta, poe meta, traya meta etc, next thing you know we're gonna cry about the next meta. BECAUSE ALWAYS.

c'mon, son

We all know what meta means. Traya has still never seen this wide distribution and Poe teams weren't the same compo all the time, it was Poe and things. Cls domination disproven above in comparison. You are welcome back up your claims though.
  • Diversity is always a joke. There is always a meta team, and that one team will be dominant over the majority. If you’re mad, just know that you’ve been given enough time to get Revan. And Revan has really only been meta for three months. It was Traya before that, and JTR before that, and CLS before that. There has been an inevitable power creep since the beginning. If you don’t like that, then play Marvel Strike Force.

• So, we know that there are lots of teams that can beat Revan on offense. The reason that Revan is so popular because he holds well on defense.

That is something tricky to balance from CG's perspective. How much 'if they have this, do X' tactics do we want as players. I mean the fact that Revan targets Nest or Traya I think is already pushing this question. But again, punishes players for using teams on defense that CG don't expect.

Secondly, Its important to note that Revan is far easier to get than any of the other competitors:

Traya: requires you farm heroic sith.
    CLS/Chewie: requires you farm 4 CLS toons, 5 R2 Toons and 5 bounty hunters. Bounty hunters need to be g12.
    Rey JT / C3PO: Requires you farm 4 RJT toons, 5 BB8 Toons and 5 ewoks.
    Revan: Requires you farm 5 OR toons... you get GK free if your guild does HAAT, Ezra is a staple from early game anyway, Bastilla is a prerequisite. Jolee is a prerequisiteoda, you get having GMY for having the revan team. It's all very convenient and I think ease to build is the main reason why its so dominant.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • The problem is this. 1 toon comes out and its amazing. Paragraphs of text in the kit. Then the next amazing toon comes and has to top the previous one.

The power creep from the rest of the roaster grows each time this happens. Destroys any kind of balance.

This reaches into the other play modes GA & TW

• Nihion wrote: »
    Diversity is always a joke. There is always a meta team, and that one team will be dominant over the majority. If you’re mad, just know that you’ve been given enough time to get Revan. And Revan has really only been meta for three months. It was Traya before that, and JTR before that, and CLS before that. There has been an inevitable power creep since the beginning. If you don’t like that, then play Marvel Strike Force.

So clever, such nuance.
    Nihion wrote: »
    Diversity is always a joke. There is always a meta team, and that one team will be dominant over the majority. If you’re mad, just know that you’ve been given enough time to get Revan. And Revan has really only been meta for three months. It was Traya before that, and JTR before that, and CLS before that. There has been an inevitable power creep since the beginning. If you don’t like that, then play Marvel Strike Force.

So clever, such nuance.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

c'mon, son

We all know what meta means. Traya has still never seen this wide distribution and Poe teams weren't the same compo all the time, it was Poe and things. Cls domination disproven above in comparison. You are welcome back up your claims though.

reading between the lines, i think he's right. The meta will pass eventually and arena will most likely become more diverse. Peope will still complain, they just won't have this particular stick to beat with.
    What i find funny is that revan wasn't a problem untill everyone and their uncle unlocked him. If anything, it's just poor planning on ea/cg's part.
    Not directly related to the post i quoted, i kinda enjoy reading about players timing out all of a sudden because they do mirror matches while also complaining about the lack of diversity.
    Save water, drink champagne!

tlbgash3672r.png

Top 10 now

orzzuq4as13t.png

I hate this meta, mainly because the matches are so long, but this isn’t really an apples to apples comparison. This is the 2nd release of Revan. JTR wasn’t dominant all the way up until her 2nd release.
  • Pentagon wrote: »
    I think ease to build is the main reason why its so dominant.

It's so dominant because it's so dominant. It smashes the crap out of any other team on offense and holds incredibly well on defense. That has nothing to do with how easy it is to compose/obtain the team itself.
  • So we have characters dominating the meta? This is news to nobody and nothing has changed in that regard since the inception of this game. Not really sure what the point of this post is except to complain.
  • CptCheez
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    So we have characters dominating the meta? This is news to nobody and nothing has changed in that regard since the inception of this game. Not really sure what the point of this post is except to complain.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

There's always going to be one particular team that dominates the arena. That's why META is an acronym with "team" being singular. The point is by how much.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Still more diverse than the original CLS meta

Do you have any screenshots that can prove that? Someone else claimed the same but it looks more or less the same as CLS meta.

It's about the same on the charts for swgoh.gg, except that the CLS meta went even further down in arena than Revan does, which is harder to see on swgoh.gg because most of those players aren't synced. The current Revan meta is probably less diverse in team composition than the original CLS meta was, but the CLS meta was more obtainable for players that had been playing for a while that older arena shards were literally just CLS teams down into the thousands.
  • CptCheez wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    So we have characters dominating the meta? This is news to nobody and nothing has changed in that regard since the inception of this game. Not really sure what the point of this post is except to complain.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

There's always going to be one particular team that dominates the arena. That's why META is an acronym with "team" being singular. The point is by how much.

Thanks smart guy. I got the point. The point was to cry. This post was a poorly veiled whine post. That’s it.