Old republic tag

Why do marr, nihilus, sion, traya and any others from the period not have old republic tag? I can kinda see balance with the triumvirate I guess but they're all from the time period. Marr desperately needs some more tags to create synergy as well though.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not the time period tag, it's the organization.

But that doesnt fully explain marr.
  • I guess I can see that as well but ordo wasn't part of the republic or one of its supporters.
  • I look at it more as a time period. I was thinking "maybe it's just for player companions" but as you said that doesnt account for marr. Would also love more of the companions as well in game
  • Oh yay, moved out of general never to be seen again. Welp guess this discussion is over
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    I look at it more as a time period. I was thinking "maybe it's just for player companions" but as you said that doesnt account for marr. Would also love more of the companions as well in game

The devs have stated it's not the time period and it is the organization.

They also said that HK and marr are still possible additions for this tag, but at that time had no plans to do anything.
  • Ordo being listed as that makes no sense then.he was a mandalorian and not exactly friends with the republic
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ordo being listed as that makes no sense then.he was a mandalorian and not exactly friends with the republic
    No, it does make sense. He was a companion/follower of Revan who was a part of/served the Old Republic. Now Revan was in some fashion his sworn enemy, but he didn't recognize him. Either way he knew him as a Republic soldier, and that's who he chose to follow.

Now Traya, Nihilus, and Sion were members of the SIth Empire at the time, not the Old Republic. If they had been companions in KOTOR 2 they would qualify for the tag, but since they were enemies, they do not.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Ordo being listed as that makes no sense then.he was a mandalorian and not exactly friends with the republic
    No, it does make sense. He was a companion/follower of Revan who was a part of/served the Old Republic. Now Revan was in some fashion his sworn enemy, but he didn't recognize him. Either way he knew him as a Republic soldier, and that's who he chose to follow.

Now Traya, Nihilus, and Sion were members of the SIth Empire at the time, not the Old Republic. If they had been companions in KOTOR 2 they would qualify for the tag, but since they were enemies, they do not.

Then why not marr? Ordo following someone he thinks is a republic soldier doesnt make him part of the republic.

Then why not marr? Ordo following someone he thinks is a republic soldier doesnt make him part of the republic.

Working for a republic soldier is the same thing as working for the republic.

Visas could/should have one too, but the Triumverate? Not at all.
  • If that's the angle they go with then fine. But no, working for a republic soldier is not the same as working for the republic. I'm currently building a barn and working for a sub. That does not then mean I'm working for the company hired to build the barn that subbed it out.
  • Why does fallen Bastila fallen have it then? She was the opposite of old republic
  • Why does fallen Bastila fallen have it then? She was the opposite of old republic

...because she was a companion/follower of a Republic Soldier - Revan.
  • See my sub comment and I hardly think revan was fighting for the republic at that time

Jedi Knight Bastila perhaps, but Bastila Shan (fallen) is a Sith, allegiance sworn to Darth Malak and the Sith, not the Old Republic.
  • Let's just all agree this whole tag thing has no real logic behind it other than the convenience of the devs.
    Why does fallen Bastila fallen have it then? She was the opposite of old republic

By the moment she was your companion/ follower, you were already darth revan (and wanted to destroy the republic). If you are not, then you take her back to the light, meaning she's not fallen anymore.

I know you want to shed some light on the tag, but you have to admit it is very inconsistent. HK should have it too with the present logic
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

Jedi Knight Bastila perhaps, but Bastila Shan (fallen) is a Sith, allegiance sworn to Darth Malak and the Sith, not the Old Republic.

Both of them are followers of Revan who is considered an agent of the Republic throughout the course of events the game covers. Hence any companion of his should have the Old Republic tag, any non-companions would have to be directly affiliated with the Old Republic to qualify for the tag.
  • HK and Marr need Tags
  • Tony12345 wrote: »
    HK and Marr need Tags

I heard in a video the other day that it was for followers of revan. I think that's silly given it's an actual time period but whatever. So no marr. I never had hk in kotor and dont remember if he was even in it so I guess they're digging into more than just the games for lore.
    HK and Marr need Tags

I heard in a video the other day that it was for followers of revan. I think that's silly given it's an actual time period but whatever. So no marr. I never had hk in kotor and dont remember if he was even in it so I guess they're digging into more than just the games for lore.

How did you not have HK? he was my favorite companion in both games
  • Nihilus, Traya, Sion ... ???

Since tags are opening different synergies you would build synergy between Kotor heroes and Kotor villains. That does not sound right at all. If Nihilus, Traya and Sion need a new tag to differ their era, they should get Sith Empire but I don't see any reason for that.
    HK and Marr need Tags

How did you not have HK? he was my favorite companion in both games

Honestly idk. I was more than halfway done before I completed him in kotor 2 as well