Becoming One with the force

Every Star Wars fan knows a Jedi becomes one with the force, and doesn’t die, they just become part of the force. The why DOES EVERYONE SAY, OH, THE JEDI DIE, OH, THEY GET MURDERED! They become one with the force. THEY ARE NOT LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. So does anyone else agree with me? Sorry for the caps, I’m kinda salty.

Replies

• Well based on the animated Clone Wars, Qui-Gon learned the secret to surviving death (although just as a voice and not a form) and Yoda learned the full skill. Presumably so did Kenobi, Anakin and Luke. But they may be the only ones...
  • Where did you learn Jedi become one with the Force and never die?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The way I understand it is that whenever any being in Star Wars dies, they ‘become one with the force’. They don’t need to be strong with the force, to become one with it, because all beings possess the force. However, certain light side force users like Yoda are able to preserve their consciousness after death, which allows them to become force ghosts. To learn to preserve their consciousness, they need special training which Yoda and Quigon got from the force priestesses in the Clone Wars.
  • By never die, I mean the don’t just disappear, they join the living force
  • The way I understand it is that whenever any being in Star Wars dies, they ‘become one with the force’. They don’t need to be strong with the force, to become one with it, because all beings possess the force. However, certain light side force users like Yoda are able to preserve their consciousness after death, which allows them to become force ghosts. To learn to preserve their consciousness, they need special training which Yoda and Quigon got from the force priestesses in the Clone Wars.

^This.

1sp7jxbnqb2d.png

If the image isn't visible, here's the link:
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_spirit
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I am more interested in the new knowledge that the darkside can live on through their artifacts. This opens the door for Darth Vader to be in Episode 9. Would be sweet to see him again and actully training Kylo Ren.

It also opens the door that Kylo Ren was actually talking to Darth Vader in Episode 7.

Question, if conquering death is a darkside quality then why do the Jedi do it and the Sith cant?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Question, if conquering death is a darkside quality then why do the Jedi do it and the Sith cant?

I think it is because becoming one with the force is accepting death, not conquering it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
    I am more interested in the new knowledge that the darkside can live on through their artifacts. This opens the door for Darth Vader to be in Episode 9. Would be sweet to see him again and actully training Kylo Ren.

It also opens the door that Kylo Ren was actually talking to Darth Vader in Episode 7.

But Vader was supposedly redeemed before death, so having him training Kylo in the ways of the Dark Side would be a disappointing departure from the OT.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

But Vader was supposedly redeemed before death, so having him training Kylo in the ways of the Dark Side would be a disappointing departure from the OT.

Supposedly, Anakin was supposed to return in TFA as a force ghost, but half the time as Ani and the other half as Vader, which is the half that talks to Kylo.
  • It's plot convenience; some die, some live.

Supposedly, Anakin was supposed to return in TFA as a force ghost, but half the time as Ani and the other half as Vader, which is the half that talks to Kylo.

That doesn’t make much sense since Anakin was fully redeemed to the light when he died.

That doesn’t make much sense since Anakin was fully redeemed to the light when he died.

I know he was, but Disney doesn't understand SW so anything can happen now.

Lol true.

Anyone who has ever written Star Wars novels or screenplays has made it up as they went along, including and especially George L. Remember the outrage over midichlorians? Not to mention the changes GL made to the original trilogy. Say what you want about Disney, but at least J.J. Abrams' Han didn't seem to have any qualms about shooting first.

Anakin was redeemed but the essence of Darth Vader would still live on through his helmet and lightsaber. The comic Darth Vader #22 sets it all up.

Anyone who has ever written Star Wars novels or screenplays has made it up as they went along, including and especially George L. Remember the outrage over midichlorians? Not to mention the changes GL made to the original trilogy. Say what you want about Disney, but at least J.J. Abrams' Han didn't seem to have any qualms about shooting first.

What George has done is nothing compared to Disney. Did George ever decanonise 90% of SW? Did George sell the rights to a games company that has made 2 poor games in what, 6 years? Sure, George made Jar Jar, but at least he had a purpose.
    LordDirt wrote: »

Anakin was redeemed but the essence of Darth Vader would still live on through his helmet and lightsaber. The comic Darth Vader #22 sets it all up.

But that comic is not canon. I understand that the helmet could carry an impression of vader, but if we do take non canon sources, KotOR gives us the answer that it wouldn't work that way. Revan was able to turn a sith ghost from the dark side back to the light and that spirit moved on. The artifact no longer carried that spirit.
  • President_Palpatine
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2019

[/quote]
    What George has done is nothing compared to Disney. Did George ever decanonise 90% of SW? Did George sell the rights to a games company that has made 2 poor games in what, 6 years? Sure, George made Jar Jar, but at least he had a purpose.[/quote]
    Meesa thinksa yousa Wrongsa, meesa Darth jar jar, lord of da sith
  • What George has done is nothing compared to Disney. Did George ever decanonise 90% of SW? Did George sell the rights to a games company that has made 2 poor games in what, 6 years? Sure, George made Jar Jar, but at least he had a purpose.[/quote]
    Meesa thinksa yousa Wrongsa, meesa Darth jar jar, lord of da sith
    [/quote]

Exception that proves the rule?
  • Well... Based on all that, then Chirrut Imwe could be a force ghost... since he was one with the force, and the force was with him.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Well... Based on all that, then Chirrut Imwe could be a force ghost... since he was one with the force, and the force was with him.
    I never thought of it that way, but I think you're right.

Well... Based on all that, then Chirrut Imwe could be a force ghost... since he was one with the force, and the force was with him.
    I never thought of it that way, but I think you're right.

Yeah. Same here. When I was reading your thread it just immediately hit me. Also I love rogue one btw. :)

But that comic is not canon. I understand that the helmet could carry an impression of vader, but if we do take non canon sources, KotOR gives us the answer that it wouldn't work that way. Revan was able to turn a sith ghost from the dark side back to the light and that spirit moved on. The artifact no longer carried that spirit.

How is it not canon. Thought everything made now is canon.

What George has done is nothing compared to Disney. Did George ever decanonise 90% of SW? Did George sell the rights to a games company that has made 2 poor games in what, 6 years? Sure, George made Jar Jar, but at least he had a purpose.

George decanonised the entire Expanded Universe with the release of Phantom Menace. I'm pretty sure that accounted for over 90% of Star Wars at the time if you give equal weight to movies, EU novels, and stories that were published as serialized comic books. And if you're upset about selling rights, remember that George sold the entire franchise.

When was it written? If it was before Disney's take over, it is now legends. The only way for it to be canon is if Disney approves.

Yeah. Same here. When I was reading your thread it just immediately hit me. Also I love rogue one btw. :)
    Same here. Rogue One was the best.

When was it written? If it was before Disney's take over, it is now legends. The only way for it to be canon is if Disney approves.

Oct 2018

Oct 2018

That may change things up a bit.

Same here. Rogue One was the best.

:smiley: