can we please have, an event countdown

Mephisto_style
5724 posts Member
edited February 2019
Some countdown timers until some events?

Just some would be cool to let us gauge farming more reasonably.

I particularly would like
CLS
CP3O
Chewie

I know the 2-3 month cycle thing is dependable, but throwing in Emperor's Shuttle throws a wrench in plans. I get it is thus a choice, but 1 that could be made with self-assurance if we at least knew a soft # of weeks until return.

I'm not asking for dates on Revan and the big birthday surprises. Just the ones that you guys might as well put timers on.

Thanks.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You're assuming they know that far out and that things don't change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018#latest

According to the release cadence, C3PO and Chewie are still new, and are therefore "a secret", and will be announced within 1 week of their launch.

• If they can't surprise you then you have a better chance to strategize and allocate resources effectively. If you do that they don't get money. So no, the answer is no.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • In order for a calendar you must pay $10. But it’s ok because they’ll give you crystals to compensate
  • If they can't surprise you then you have a better chance to strategize and allocate resources effectively. If you do that they don't get money. So no, the answer is no.

People keep making this assumption but I do not believe it to be true. I want CLS, Chewie, and C3PO the next times around. If I can't F2P then I would like to drop $10-20 on crystals.

Pretending that people won't spend money on things they want is counter to economics. It could work in CG's favor. What the data says is what I would like to see.

People keep making this assumption but I do not believe it to be true. I want CLS, Chewie, and C3PO the next times around. If I can't F2P then I would like to drop $10-20 on crystals.

Pretending that people won't spend money on things they want is counter to economics. It could work in CG's favor. What the data says is what I would like to see.

I see where your coming from but for me personally, if we had a countdown, and I knew I won’t make it for character x then there’s no point farming the other characters for x and I might aswell put all my resources into character y for example, who might have a later event date. and just get character x the next time he comes along, yes I might not get both this time round but if I had a heads up as to when the events will be I can plan my farming to garentee I get at least one, as opposed to having 3/4 of the requirements for both meaning I will get neither.
    If that makes sense?
    And if I am sooo close to getting them then CG Will try their best to tempt me with packs to top off my farming needs giving me access to both characters but at a financial cost to myself.

I mean don’t get me wrong I’d LOVE it if there was a countdown but for this reason I just stated I doubt that it will happen 😩

I see where your coming from but for me personally, if we had a countdown, and I knew I won’t make it for character x then there’s no point farming the other characters for x and I might aswell put all my resources into character y for example, who might have a later event date. and just get character x the next time he comes along, yes I might not get both this time round but if I had a heads up as to when the events will be I can plan my farming to garentee I get at least one, as opposed to having 3/4 of the requirements for both meaning I will get neither.
    If that makes sense?
    And if I am sooo close to getting them then CG Will try their best to tempt me with packs to top off my farming needs giving me access to both characters but at a financial cost to myself.

I mean don’t get me wrong I’d LOVE it if there was a countdown but for this reason I just stated I doubt that it will happen 😩

It’s hilarious. You’re totally correct of course.
    But when you think about it, the reason boils down to “it would help players too much”.
  • I agree that a countdown would do the world of good. BUT it would affect their bottom line which is money so it wont happen. I play for free so I grind as best as you can. Spending real cash is pointless the shard drops are terrible. I grinded to get enough crystals for Emo Bastila and i got 10 shards from a pack that cost 1299 crystals!!! Just a rip off
  • I agree that a countdown would do the world of good. BUT it would affect their bottom line which is money so it wont happen. I play for free so I grind as best as you can. Spending real cash is pointless the shard drops are terrible. I grinded to get enough crystals for Emo Bastila and i got 10 shards from a pack that cost 1299 crystals!!! Just a rip off

I don't have proof it would hurt their bottom line. Just speculation.