Underaged Account

Prev1
Hi, I am a fan of swgoh, but the under age option is useless. Please add a button to change age, beacuse a lot of people have this problem. @CG_SBCrumb help us, It isn't so difficult to develop a fix 4 this.
Do or don't there is no try

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.
  • They can't do anything about it, that setting is on your device, not CG servers lol.
  • Does changing your age on your google account work?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Does changing your age on your google account work?

No.
  • Didn’t think so
  • I don't have the option to link google play account...
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.

So, why having an underaged account doesn't affect the crystals purchasing?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    COPPA - serious penalties for non compliance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno is wrong. It's not because of pricing. It's because of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It's just illegal for someone under 13 to communicate digitally. Part of the law includes not being able to complete forms and also chatting.

Here you go.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi, I am a fan of swgoh, but the under age option is useless. Please add a button to change age, beacuse a lot of people have this problem. @CG_SBCrumb help us, It isn't so difficult to develop a fix 4 this.

try going to apps>swgoh> delete data, then open swgoh again, it should start downloading everything again, ask your age and link to google play account
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • OK, someone has to say this. If you're really underaged, don't change anything. Protection is there for a reason. It should be harder, by not allowing money purchases (which you say is possible now).
    If you aren't underaged and clicked the wrong number by mistake, forget about my post.
  • andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Fahrius wrote: »

try going to apps>swgoh> delete data, then open swgoh again, it should start downloading everything again, ask your age and link to google play account

I can't delete data, because I'll lost my account, I can't sign in with google play
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno is wrong. It's not because of pricing. It's because of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It's just illegal for someone under 13 to communicate digitally. Part of the law includes not being able to complete forms and also chatting.

Here you go.

And so why should I not be able to be promoted or having google play sign in?
  • Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.
  • andreacesa00
    260 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.

But won't I lost all my progress? Do you know a software to copy my datas and put them into another client?
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.

But won't I lost all my progress? Do you know a software to copy my datas and put them into another client?

Are you on Android? If so, you have the ability to link it to your account. If it's only stored locally on your phone, setup an email and once you login the game using the new email you'll get an option to transfer your local game to the new email and be asked again for your age.

The problem is that I can't log in with my google play
    I guess, why don't you have the access? You should and it has nothing to do with age selected.

I don't know, this thing is not only for me. Someone else experienced this issue...
    When you are logged into the game. You can select "login to Google Play" in the settings menu. If you, you are able to login with a Google credential it will ask you if you want to import the local account. If these steps don't work, what's the specific issue?

If you have the option to "sign out of Google Play" in that same settings menu, you are already signed in with your Google Account and your game progress is accessible on any device. If that's the case, you have the options to refer to the initial steps I gave.

I haven't got these options, nothing. Can't sign in or out. Can't sign with facebook. So that's a lot of pain in the a##. I have already asked to the italian support but they doesn't know anything about google play issues. If they could guarantee me that they are able to recover my datas in case I lost them, that should be fine. I can't understand why they have censored promotions or changing name ingame. This make no sense also for underaged people...
  • Well.. I guess you will have to grow up? :DD
  • Madlax wrote: »
    Well.. I guess you will have to grow up? :DD

Oh yes, I should have 40 to get a normal account
  • Go find a different game to play. The age restriction is there for a reason and you're breaking the law of you lie about your age to play the game.
  • Go find a different game to play. The age restriction is there for a reason and you're breaking the law of you lie about your age to play the game.

I am not underaged, that's the problem
  • I would advise contacting support, although they are unable to age up your account they may be able to assist you in another way.

I am not underaged, that's the problem

Then why did you click the button to say you were underage when you started playing?

Seems the simple answer would be to uninstall the game then just make a new account.