Ever look at your GA opponents and just wonder

Looking over my grand arena opponents to try to gauge my odds. I am around 1.6 mil gp. I was looking to be the best, then I saw someone with nearly 3 times as many g12 characters and zetas. I was ready to embrace second place when I noticed who he put those zetas and who the g12 were. He had a g12 zeta stormtrooper, but no other geared or starred imperial troopers. He has one zeta on CLS, but on his leadership, not binds all things. The worst example is his zeta IG88. His IG88 is g6 with no mods. And his mods, God his mods. His arena squad has Mk 4E mods on it with no speed secondaries. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Replies

• Nope, but I’m at 3.4 million GP. All of my opponents have each meta team. It’s going to suck for me since I have an inflated GP due to ships and each opponent has Han’s falcon + 1 other meta fleet.

Be careful overlooking the opponents with weird zeta placement and gearing. Some of the hardest squads to figure out are those with 1 g12/zeta + 4 g8’s. Or low gear level with zetas. It’s hard to judge the right team needed to beat them without over killing it.
  • Nope, but I’m at 3.4 million GP. All of my opponents have each meta team. It’s going to suck for me since I have an inflated GP due to ships and each opponent has Han’s falcon + 1 other meta fleet.

Be careful overlooking the opponents with weird zeta placement and gearing. Some of the hardest squads to figure out are those with 1 g12/zeta + 4 g8’s. Or low gear level with zetas. It’s hard to judge the right team needed to beat them without over killing it.
    I am slightly worried about that, but all of his weird zeta g12 choices like Gar Saxon, ISC, or farmer Luke have been seriously neglected in terms of mods. They have terrible mods and had less that +15 speed each. Even his arena team has characters with only +50 speed from mods.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I frequently wonder what the heck my opponents were thinking.
  • One of my Guildmates (2.6m GP) has an opponent this round who has Zero G12's.

I was like wow. That much play time and no G12 toons. Not surprisingly, my Guildmate is not too worried about this rounds outcome
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    My opponent has a Palp arena team with g9-10 across the board, no zetas. 1-3 dot mods. 2.05 million total GP.

They DO have, however; 6-7 G12 NS. Yet the fastest character in their entire roster of pretty much everyone is a 185 speed NS Spirit.
  • Yeah, there are some real eye rollers out there, like toons with 1-dot lvl 1 mods or 6 speed mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I frequently wonder what the heck my opponents were thinking.

I frequently wonder, what the heck I was thinking.

;-)
  • I’m 2.2M GP and so far most of my opponents have similar amounts of g12 characters and zetas to mine, but very few of them have good mods. I’ve only faced 3 people with equally good or better mods.
  • I’ve had opponents who clearly don’t understand mods so easy win. My BH team on defense usually never gets wiped out, since Bossk has 261 speed :). Gets that taunt right out of the gate
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    One of my opponents in this GA(1.6M) has an arena team that consists of GYM(lead), Old Daka, KRU, Boba, and Lumi. Zetas on everyone except Boba and that includes Luminara who has a zeta too. No other Zetas on their roster.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Nope, but I’m at 3.4 million GP. All of my opponents have each meta team. It’s going to suck for me since I have an inflated GP due to ships and each opponent has Han’s falcon + 1 other meta fleet.

I am slightly worried about that, but all of his weird zeta g12 choices like Gar Saxon, ISC, or farmer Luke have been seriously neglected in terms of mods. They have terrible mods and had less that +15 speed each. Even his arena team has characters with only +50 speed from mods.

Just speaking from my experience, I had an opponent once that did not focus at all on speed in mods. Lots of g12 toons, but the fastest on his roster was around 220 total speed. I didn’t pay attention to what 5* mods he was using, so I threw a debuff dependent team against his rebels. I thought I had an easy win since all 5 of my toons could potentially go before his. I managed to only kill 1 guy the first round. 4 battles later and after using many of my good teams, I finished off CLS.

I went back to review his mods and noticed that the entire rebel team had full tenacity sets. Not 1 toon had less than 80% tenacity.

I’m actually using a similar tactic on my opponent this round. I’m terribly mismatched due to my focus on ships, so I threw all weird teams on defense in hopes that he is simply less efficient on offense than me. He has every meta team for both squads and fleet (there’s basically 2-3 meta teams for fleet lol).
  • My opponent this round (2.6mil GP) has 3 zetas total and no G12 characters. He does not have JTR, CLS, Chewy, 3PO, BB8, Thrawn or even raid Han. What he has is an entire roster of lvl 85 toons with little to no mods and low gear level.
  • rm1969 wrote: »
    My opponent this round (2.6mil GP) has 3 zetas total and no G12 characters. He does not have JTR, CLS, Chewy, 3PO, BB8, Thrawn or even raid Han. What he has is an entire roster of lvl 85 toons with little to no mods and low gear level.

First off... lucky. lol.

Secondly, per OP's question, my answer is yes. Right now I'm up against someone who has Revan but only 210 speed (my Revan is 293 speed) and who doesn't even have Traya (I have Traya. About halfway to 7 star too.) This match should be an easy win for me. Luckily.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I think there's a lot to be said for a good guild here for those people who don't live on this forum and youtube, there are a lot of people playing this game who don't come from a competitive gaming background and without a good guild to tell them - there's no one to tell them that X is terrible.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • My opponent this round has 3.7 million GP but only four G12 toons (CLS, DN, Kylo, and Chirrut). They have 24 zetas. 9 of them are on Sith (no Traya) 7 on Rebels with the rest scattered among Jedi, FO, NS and Phoenix. They have zero zetas on any droids, bounty hunters, Ewoks, Clones, IT or OR toons.
  • You have to remember that most people aren't combing forums and youtube videos for optimal builds. They're just playing a game. You know, for fun.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I wonder most about the lack off G12 gear, i am around 3 mil+ GP and most ppl have like 10-15 G12 and maybe like 5 g12 gear ad all. Some a little less some a little more.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You have to remember that most people aren't combing forums and youtube videos for optimal builds. They're just playing a game. You know, for fun.
    I am not even talking about optimal builds. Speed is the most essential stat that will decide matches, which is common knowledge. Even if you don’t comb the forums, you can just take a glance at the top arena players in your shard. And don’t tell me that this is excusable. ii7arg0g1f1k.jpeg
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    You have to remember that most people aren't combing forums and youtube videos for optimal builds. They're just playing a game. You know, for fun.
    Heresy!!! :p
    I am not even talking about optimal builds. Speed is the most essential stat that will decide matches, which is common knowledge. Even if you don’t comb the forums, you can just take a glance at the top arena players in your shard. And don’t tell me that this is excusable. ii7arg0g1f1k.jpeg

Mistakes were made. It happens.
    Usually I look at my own roster and realize that my farming decisions are going to hurt me badly in PvP modes ... so GA and TW are not my favorites by a long shot.

Usually I look at my own roster and realize that my farming decisions are going to hurt me badly in PvP modes ... so GA and TW are not my favorites by a long shot.

Lol I have a guildmate that was playing the game half asleep and accidentally put a zeta on veteran smuggler chewie.

Lol I have a guildmate that was playing the game half asleep and accidentally put a zeta on veteran smuggler chewie.

Ouch. lol. Wrong Chewie. ;)
  • I get one of 2 kinds of opponents.
    Type1) knows what they are doing, decent to good mods and way more G12 than me
    Type2) can't even put 5 of the same faction together in a squad, best geared is phoenix, mods are optional, doesn't remember or chooses not to attack.

Today was type 2.
  • Mine set no defences. First time that's happened. Kind of a letdown. Was really hoping to curb stomp their Rebels 1v5 with my Wampa.
  • Mine didn't set defense. I set my defense. I guess a win is a win. And I'll take it! lol :lol:
  • Sometimes it's hard to tell what people are thinking. Today I saw an upgrade notice flash across the bottom as I'm doing an STR run that read "xxxx has increased gear level for Jedi Consular to 11" That's a "****" in the first place, but then I realize it's also one of the weakest people in the guild (which means about 1.9m GP). Don't want to save that gear for someone useful...nah, let's put it on Consular!

I mean I understand what you're saying, but "excusable" implies that there is a correct way to play. True, anyone here would find a g5 with a zeta ridiculous, but this is the subset of people who are "hardcore" enough, for lack of a better word, about optimal play to read a forum in the first place.

The overwhelming majority of players probably just log in a few times a week, and have no real aim beyond killing ten minutes while they wait for the dentist or whatever.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• riggs12 wrote: »
    Sometimes it's hard to tell what people are thinking. Today I saw an upgrade notice flash across the bottom as I'm doing an STR run that read "xxxx has increased gear level for Jedi Consular to 11" That's a "****" in the first place, but then I realize it's also one of the weakest people in the guild (which means about 1.9m GP). Don't want to save that gear for someone useful...nah, let's put it on Consular!

How do you think they got to be one of the weakest players in your guild? ;)

In my guild, most of us are active, but some folks who ended up getting kicked didn't even join raids. I'm not talking about sending in teams - they didn't even join the raids at all! It's baffling to me since they're turning down free stuff, but some people just don't care.