Newbie(ish) Player asking for help! Potential Rancor Solo

I am working towards a team that could solo the heroic rancor raid. The easiest one to obtain for me (that also seems to be the most viable?) would be Vader, Tarkin, Teebo, TFP, Darth Sidious. Is the Zeta on Vader necessary? (I literally cannot put one on him). This team composition (on swgoh.gg) has Jyn instead of Teebo (but Teebo is much easier to obtain). Can I substitute?
Preemptive thanks to anyone who can help me out!
Extra: what gear level would the characters need to be at?

Replies

• The Zeta on Vader is practically mandatory because that is what gives Empire/Sith Turn Meter Reduction. Jyn is a lot better than Teebo and would probably let you Auto the entire raid easier.
  • Vader has a 25% empire/sith turn meter reduction without the zeta already though. I know the 50% chance would be better, but is it really necessary?
    Jyn will certainly take me a long time.. Can Phasma substitute (she's already almost at 7*)??
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It also removes double the turn meter with the zeta. 25% chance to remove 10% becomes 50% to remove 20%. Makes a massive difference.

A fast Jyn is phenomenal on that team. Omega her AoE and her Truncheon Strike. She steals TM for herself every second turn and can pass Vader advantage for guaranteed critical on culling blade, or TFP to guarantee Tenacity Down.

Vader's lead zeta is also awesome in DSTB as well. It's not as useless as people make it out to be.

Sidious removes TM under zVader lead, and he's inherently fast, so that's a bonus. He also inflicts DoTs which can't go away under zVader. Boosts culling blade even further.
  • Actually Sidious isn't that great in this scenario compared to other Sith/Empire because he lands Expose, which counts as another hit, which then triggers more TM gain for the Rancor.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Without the zeta on Vader's lead, you may want to consider using Phasma instead of Sidious. Her synergy with TFP (guaranteed crit / tenacity down) and Teebo (grants 40% TM when needed to get ahead of the Rancor or when stealth is lost) is great.
    However, under zAder lead, you would benefit more from using empire/sith.
    (Make Phasma slow to not grant too much TM to the boss)
  • I was in your position, trying to do solo with what I had and didn’t want to put zeta on vader just to solo rancor.
    I also didn’t want to farm something I didn’t need.

I did it with vader, tarkin, thrawn, fo officer and executioner.
    G12, g12, g12, g10, g9
    No zetas.

Without tfp, vaders debuffs were not really sticking well.

Went smoothly, a combination of manual and auto.

@Vendi1983

Suggested, kru , officer and executioner
    I will try that tonight, will add thrawn and tarkin.

Not sure if you have any first order characters.
  • Vader tarkin magmatrooper thrawn tfp can do it with no zetas. A zeta on ebb and flow can help if you don't want the leadership.

Remember the better your mods the easier things are in composition and gear.
  • Another great option for early rancor solo teams is first order oficer... With both special omegaed he can basically decrease 50% TM first hit, then give TM to other team mate next turn, then 50% tm...

Teebo L, first order oficer, tfp, qgj and phasma was my first rancor solo team xD

If u can manage to get teebo (as leader), first order oficer, jyn + someone with tenacity down + a good dps or someone with TM reduction (better if u have speed down too)
  • Hairmonie
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Post edited by Hairmonie on
  • Thanks for everyone's help! Seems that I'm still far away from a team without the zeta or Jyn. I guess I'll just have to see what can work. Maybe Vader (no zeta), Tarkin, Sidious or Palps, Thrawn , TFP. (once I complete the Pheonix team).
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Actually Sidious isn't that great in this scenario compared to other Sith/Empire because he lands Expose, which counts as another hit, which then triggers more TM gain for the Rancor.
    --->Would Palpatine work better than Sidious?
  • In this particular scenario sure.
  • Depends who has better mods and gear. Once they're fast it won't matter which you run.
  • Hairmonie wrote: »
    Thanks for everyone's help! Seems that I'm still far away from a team without the zeta or Jyn. I guess I'll just have to see what can work. Maybe Vader (no zeta), Tarkin, Sidious or Palps, Thrawn , TFP. (once I complete the Pheonix team).
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Actually Sidious isn't that great in this scenario compared to other Sith/Empire because he lands Expose, which counts as another hit, which then triggers more TM gain for the Rancor.
    --->Would Palpatine work better than Sidious?

I think teebo leader and First order oficer would be far better than vader without Z...

With teebo leader every alli have a chance to get 55% TM and stealth after his turn... Teebo by himself removes 100%TM with basic hit while stealthed and also have a special to get 100%TM and stealth for 3 turns so u just need:

-Teebo leader to use basic while stealthed, tm special if not.

-First order oficer so u can remove 50% rancor TM one turn and give 100% tm to teebo next turn

-TFP to land tenacity down, u need tenacity down to make this work and tfp would be ur easiest farm

-the other 2 could be someone with tm reduction and assist (like quigonjin) and phasma (he land speed down and also give TM to all if u have bad rng) for example, or jyn, or ewok elder (he gives a lot of tm to all) or a mix of they all xD