Do we really need darth revan/malak?

Prev1
With sith being second best faction still ( yes i know about revan dominating META) shall sith take another turn in that loop?
We have soooo many factions that are completely useless outside TW/GA.
I would really love to see some first order love, some new imperial troopers ( let’s finally have that scout trooper!!!). Resistance is still useless outside of p1 in heroic sith. Clones, scoundrels.....still think we need some sith making 99% of the game even less competitive?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    The second best faction is pretty useless in raids. Droids are literally getting their turn right now (separatist droids, but still).

One could say it is too soon for more Sith, but another could argue that LS had it too good for too long. Sith/Empire are the main DS factions, and Empire has a lot more toons
  • Yes we do need them both as they are great characters but I’m crying inside at the thought of another mad farm to get them followed by the goring to gear them uo
  • Malak yes, Revan no.
  • Your question is Darth Malak/Revan. No to either. Old Republic stuff is cool and all but c’mon. It’s not that important considering everything else. Save them for the future and gear us up for the biggest things coming this year: Episode 9 and new Clone Wars.

Galactic Republic love, Sep love (obviously that is happening), and Resistance/FO love.

Maybe even some sort of Cassian Andor love later on this year for his new show.
  • Need or not, it's coming. Might as well get used to it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• "Should Darth Malak or Dart Revan come" Yes. It should come; Sith had a good runtime in the meta for arena and is still good in GA and TW but it had been countered by some good teams not soon after that.

Traya and Palp teams are getting demolished by teams like bastilla, Revan and CLS with Chewie etc. , these teams take down sith teams quite easy.

Without Traya or Palpatine the sith stand no chance.
    So yeah, I would vouch for a new and good sith leader such as Darth Revan and/or Malak.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It's not on need basis as CG has their own road map. Some of it comes from demand. Curiously this cycle came from enormous OR related content demand as well. And the cycle needs to close.

I don't think CG favors anything. If all the currently favored things were ignored and ignored things favored, we would still be debating they are favoring something. But the basic biases in the lore is obvious.
  • I feel that most people tend to think that this star wars game; swgoh is based on the movies only.

I hope they understand that Star Wars is not only the movies, prequels or any books. Star Wars became a collective where many fans joined in on and got a lot bigger by the years because of the comics, books, tv shows and the back stories which are also important to the total story of the entire fantasy.

• Well star wars is basically about sith/jedi, soo....
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    Malak yes, Revan no.

This. Darth Revan next year. Seperatists now. Hopefully Republic rework later this year. New Trilogy toons in Winter. Maybe some Red 5 mixed in. And Beckett. For certain Beckett is coming.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Need or not, it's coming. Might as well get used to it.

You sure it does? All i saw was pure speculation of fanbase

Well star wars is basically about sith/jedi, soo....

I guess it is a bit more complex...

TheSaint wrote: »
    I feel that most people tend to think that this star wars game; swgoh is based on the movies only.

I hope they understand that Star Wars is not only the movies, prequels or any books. Star Wars became a collective where many fans joined in on and got a lot bigger by the years because of the comics, books, tv shows and the back stories which are also important to the total story of the entire fantasy.

I am not saying that KOTOR is bad, i love KOTOR but we are getting too concentrated on too few factions
  • Roxxas wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Obviously nobody can be 100% sure, but the biggest indicator for me is that Emo Bastila and Canderous both have synergy with Deathmark. The only playable character that can currently inflict Deathmark is the Death Trooper, and it doesn't make any sense for them to have synergy with him.

Assuming Darth Revan follows the same pattern as Badstila and has the "reverse" kit of his light side version, it doesn't seem like much of a leap to assume we're getting him and he'll have an ability similar to Direct Focus that inflicts Deathmark instead of Marked.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sith are the best characters.. so yeah.
  • I would argue that we needed Darth Revan in the first place, and that we didn't need Jedi Revan.

I would also argue that to make Jedi good we needed reworks for Mace, Plo Koon, Lumi, IGD, and the other trash Jedi in game that should be good, and they could have added Shaak Ti, and other frequently requested Jedi to pay for it. That would have been vastly better, and would have led perfectly to the GG rework now... but what we got was what we got.
  • Let’s just forget about this Revan thing. Scrap it and give us a Some clone era love with Grievous rework/meta, Add Padme, Dark side Anakin Heroes Fall, General Krell, Nutes Capital Ship, Hondo, SpiderMaul, etc. that’s what I want.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Honestly I have always felt the empire has been overlooked. 34 rebels to 18 imperial characters. Slight disadvantage there. These are the two factions that spawned this whole series. The big bad empire has 18 guys running the show?
  • No. we dont need either. old republic is overrated
  • Your question is Darth Malak/Revan. No to either. Old Republic stuff is cool and all but c’mon. It’s not that important considering everything else. Save them for the future and gear us up for the biggest things coming this year: Episode 9 and new Clone Wars.

Galactic Republic love, Sep love (obviously that is happening), and Resistance/FO love.

Was with you until you said FO and resistance

The last Jedi was absolute bantha poodoo.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    The second best faction is pretty useless in raids. Droids are literally getting their turn right now (separatist droids, but still).

One could say it is too soon for more Sith, but another could argue that LS had it too good for too long. Sith/Empire are the main DS factions, and Empire has a lot more toons

Considering Empire hasn’t been the meta for a while, I don’t care about how many toons there are. We have so many Galactic Republic toons, are they meta? Separatists, having never been fabulous, deserve the spotlight. Sith had it for the majority of last year. It’s time for CG to discover factions that have existed in the shadows for years. (I’m looking at you Jawas!)
  • NO MORE SITH META. It's been going on way to long, let's bring in something new and let the sith die off for a while. After some other factions get some love we can circle back to sith.

thats just your opinion man. first order, just like the Last Jedi is solid
  • Malak would be a nice addition (doesn't need to be a meta toon though).
    A DS Revan is definitely not needed. We already have one Revan, I'd rather have some other toons the game's missing.

Was withyou until you said FO and resistance

Ha, thanks for that support. We’re not turning this thread into who liked or disliked TLJ. But like it or not, First Order and Resistance are in the spotlight this year, and it would be cool if CG followed suit.
  • Roxxas wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Well star wars is basically about sith/jedi, soo....

I guess it is a bit more complex...

TheSaint wrote: »
    I feel that most people tend to think that this star wars game; swgoh is based on the movies only.

I am not saying that KOTOR is bad, i love KOTOR but we are getting too concentrated on too few factions

'I am not saying that KOTOR is bad, i love KOTOR but we are getting too concentrated on too few factions'

Exactly. I loved the first KOTOR game, but I'm so burnt out on Old Republic characters since they've been hammering us with them since the release of the Sith raid that adding another Old Republic character two years from now would be too soon. There are a slew of factions in this game that need attention. I personally cannot wait for the Grievous rework so we may finally start to see a little variety again, and one can only hope that we'll see a Separatist capital ship released as well that could bring some variety to fleet.
  • Why can’t anyone say that the same people who hated the last Jedi, love kotor ?

Fans who are toxic and delirious. We don’t need rip off characters. Let’s have cannon stuff, the rest is in the game to make nerds happy. Not because it is quality. Remember how much of a rip off Malak and revan and.,
    They rip off the same character , ya go ahead bud

• Stick wrote: »
    Why can’t anyone say that the same people who hated the last Jedi, love kotor ?

Fans who are toxic and delirious. We don’t need rip off characters. Let’s have cannon stuff, the rest is in the game to make nerds happy. Not because it is quality. Remember how much of a rip off Malak and revan and.,
    They rip off the same character , ya go ahead bud

As someone who absolutely doesn't care about canon or non-canon star wars(yes, i don't like sw but play for the collection aspect of this game), i can honestly say that canon lovers are the ones who are toxic. Saying last jedi is objectively bad is childish, but saying things like what you did is toxic.

So there ya go buddy.

Each to their own. It’s all opinion.

I’ll take old republic over anything from the new movies any day. I wanted them to be good soo badly....
  • We absolutely do need a new Sith leader that will bring Sith back to its rightful glory. Let's see here, what does Revan do for Jedi? Amazing in Arena, TW, GA and most importantly in HSTR.

Now what did EP&Traya bring to the Sith? Amazing in Arena, TW, GA and most importantly NOT A DANG THING for HSTR.

If this next Sith leader doesn't make Sith HSTR viable he won't be worth it imo. Sith need some serious HSTR love.

Yea it sux that Traya doesnt bring anything to HSTR. I so wouldve liked to unlock... uhm Traya? /sarcasm off