Help With Decision

MAYOH218
13 posts Member
edited February 2019
So please don’t try to talk me out of choosing one of these because I have made my decision and really just need an answer:) So I cant decide between farming Barriss, Aayla, or Anakin for my jedi. Please tell me which I should farm and possibly why if you could. Thank you!
Post edited by MAYOH218 on

Replies

• Bariss she got that boom boom pow
  • Anakin - really good ship. Seperatists getting some love now. Fleet has been getting a lot of developer attention lately. The Clone Wars revival ensues, so Galactic Republic probably isn’t far behind.

Follow with Barris - still a very solid healer for backline TW/GA teams, especially once zeta’d.

Then Aayla - poor Aayla, generally swept under the carpet, but a superb part of any B-squad Jedi (or as a filler if you are splitting Bastila and Revan), she really does have a solid kit.

How’d I do at mind reading?
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Anakin - really good ship. Seperatists getting some love now. Fleet has been getting a lot of developer attention lately. The Clone Wars revival ensues, so Galactic Republic probably isn’t far behind.

Follow with Barris - still a very solid healer for backline TW/GA teams, especially once zeta’d.

Then Aayla - poor Aayla, generally swept under the carpet, but a superb part of any B-squad Jedi (or as a filler if you are splitting Bastila and Revan), she really does have a solid kit.

Very well! I appreciate it a lot🤠
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Anakin - really good ship. Seperatists getting some love now. Fleet has been getting a lot of developer attention lately. The Clone Wars revival ensues, so Galactic Republic probably isn’t far behind.

Wait, do you know which one would be best with a Bastilla lead team?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Anakin. Out of the three, he has the best chance of getting a heroes/darkside journey. He has a ship. He has synergy with ahsoka. He is plug and play with any team. He has an aoe attack. He has buff immunity on his basic. He can be used in a chex mix team in phase 3 of sith raid.

I think that's it.

Edit: out of the three, he requires the least amount of carbonti. 100 vs 200 for aayla vs 200 for barris

Edit 2: he's the fastest of the three.

Edit 3: he requires the least amount of gold gear of the three.
  • MAYOH218 wrote: »
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

Wait, do you know which one would be best with a Bastilla lead team?

To be honest, I think Aayla just edges out Anakin (and both better than Barris) there, with the bonus protection you are looking at a prolonged battle, giving her more chances to counter/stun and call assists on her basic.

Anakin is more of a blitz character, taking lots of turns as your squad takes health damage and (potentially popping that team offense up) helping to focus fire down single opponents with the debuffs on his basic.

Both pretty solid though, and could easily outweigh the other dependent on the matchup.

Barris (even with the zeta) just doesn’t add much there, if you aren’t ahead enough to win by the time all that protection is gone, a little extra healing probably isn’t going to save you, and since her lightsaber hits about as hard as if it was made out of the cardboard roll inside wrapping paper (that has been left out in the snow overnight), she ust isn’t helping you get ahead in the early stages of the match (nor is her auto-healing ability actually contributing anything for most of the battle in most cases - against nightsisters, maybe, to keep the plague off, but even then, better to rely on the tenacity from Bastila and hammer them down before the battle goes long enough for Assaj to get rolling tough).
  • Anakin. Out of the three, he has the best chance of getting a heroes/darkside journey. He has a ship. He has synergy with ahsoka. He is plug and play with any team. He has an aoe attack. He has buff immunity on his basic. He can be used in a chex mix team in phase 3 of sith raid.

I think that's it.

Edit: out of the three, he requires the least amount of carbonti. 100 vs 200 for aayla vs 200 for barris

Edit 2: he's the fastest of the three.

Edit 3: he requires the least amount of gold gear of the three.
    What is carbonti?
  • MAYOH218 wrote: »
    What is carbonti?

He means the MK3 Carbanti gear - one of the gears that drops from the Strength Challenge. It's required by every single character in the game, (and some of them require upwards of 450 of these). This gear is frequently the limiting factor for many players to increase gear on characters.
  • Barriss (with zeta and in combo with GK): Good counter against crit heavy teams. Very useful for TW/GA purposes. Can be used as a "cheap mans" option for a HSR P1 JTR team (in the first HSR runs I was running ~g10.5 avg. JTR, BB8, R2, RT, Zarriss for a 3-3.5mio dmg) or in the "Leia spam" P2 team.

Aayla: Good addition for a Bastila defense team (splitting up Jedi for a Revan + Bastila team) that also protects the Bast team vs Nest if your Aayla is modded for CC+potency (additional stun source against Nest to force a time out).

Anakin: Pretty lackluster as of now. High potential of getting a rework at some point.

Since I wouldn't really count on the Anakin rework happening any time soon and his ship no longer being that much of a requirement since the release of the Falcon, I'd rank Barriss + Aayla higher than Anakin, with Zarriss slightly higher than Aayla (HSR usage).
    So imo:
    Barriss > Aayla > Anakin
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Barriss has a lot of versatility when building new squads. You can put her in as a decent placeholder until permanent squad characters level up.

At various times I've used Barriss in pretty much every blend of squad. The zeta is solid as well.

Looking for a better guild?

Contact me: Clubber Lang
    Ally Code: 174-914-139
    Current stats: 34 members / 82,000,000 GP
    Or just join our guild: We might be giants