Curious as to the functions of TW reward brackets

This is not meant to be a complaint post, just a general question directed at the devs and other intuitive force users to educate myself and anyone else currently puzzled about the function of reward brackets, listed in TW, and how paired guilds are sized up.

My issue stems from the fact that the guild(s) responsibility is to aquire full participation from its members, which may not always happen, thus possibly lowering the total ACTIVE guild GP in a TW encounter. When the shut off happens, based upon my observations and others, you are getting categorized into a reward system tier that is completely separate from that of the enemy guild's active GP participation.

I've seen GA match us up almost to the exact GP of eachother, yet currently, my guild, currently active 154mil gp is paired against a 168mil gp guild, and I'm very optimistic that their active GP places them above 160+Mil GP participation.

Completely different reward tiers in TW, in my perspective, should be considered in guild pairing. I'm curious on the community's input.

Replies

• I felt I should add this:

Am I wrong to expect more accurate pairing in SWGoH competetive play, specifically with guild events?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    zeekdog wrote: »
    ...., my guild, currently active 154mil gp is paired against a 168mil gp guild, and I'm very optimistic that their active GP places them above 160+Mil GP participation.

How about asking your opponents, what their active GP is, instead of guessing?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    ...., my guild, currently active 154mil gp is paired against a 168mil gp guild, and I'm very optimistic that their active GP places them above 160+Mil GP participation.

I appreciate the response, but this specific pairing example is something that I've been observing for several TW now, and felt it illustrates my confusion about the overall pairing method rather well. The squad number in each territory suggest near full participation from both sides.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

I appreciate the response, but this specific pairing example is something that I've been observing for several TW now, and felt it illustrates my confusion about the overall pairing method rather well. The squad number in each territory suggest near full participation from both sides.

How do you know, that you have been observing this specific thing for several TWs now, if you don't know what exactly you've been observing? I would begin by gathering information instead of guessing, if I were you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The brackets are irrelevant for matchmaking purposes, they only determine the rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Update. This current TW is against a 170 mil GP guild. Again, this is very loose in "fair" pairing.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Remember active GP is not the same as participating GP.

You arent matched or rewarded based off of total guild GP. Youre paired and rewarded based on the GP that has signed up for the TW.

Example: your guild is 165 million GP. Thats a reward tier of 160+. However during sign up phase. Only 48 of 50 join. Those 2 people who didnt join each have 3 million GP... Now your participating GP is 159. A tier down. And thats where you get matched 140 to 159.

Guilds at 168 as you mention in OP. Are very smart to hold back 8 million gp... This means 2 to 4 people sit out it means less teams are needed to fill defense platoons, and they over match a team using all 50 to just squeak into the 150mil gp area.

Comparison. A boxer dropping weight to get into a lower weight class.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Remember active GP is not the same as participating GP.

You arent matched or rewarded based off of total guild GP. Youre paired and rewarded based on the GP that has signed up for the TW.

Example: your guild is 165 million GP. Thats a reward tier of 160+. However during sign up phase. Only 48 of 50 join. Those 2 people who didnt join each have 3 million GP... Now your participating GP is 159. A tier down. And thats where you get matched 140 to 159.

Guilds at 168 as you mention in OP. Are very smart to hold back 8 million gp... This means 2 to 4 people sit out it means less teams are needed to fill defense platoons, and they over match a team using all 50 to just squeak into the 150mil gp area.

Comparison. A boxer dropping weight to get into a lower weight class.

This isn't correct, you can match guilds who are in a different reward bracket. Sandbagging is obviously effective, but not because of the reward tiers.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Update. This current TW is against a 170 mil GP guild. Again, this is very loose in "fair" pairing.

How much active GP on each side? That's what matters if you want to complain. Total guild GP is completely irrelevant.