Arena is REAL fun

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    CptCheez wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    So we have characters dominating the meta? This is news to nobody and nothing has changed in that regard since the inception of this game. Not really sure what the point of this post is except to complain.

There's always going to be one particular team that dominates the arena. That's why META is an acronym with "team" being singular. The point is by how much.

It's not really that funny to post a point over head meme if you do it when quoting a guy who's not really sure what the point is.
    Save water, drink champagne!

• Pentagon wrote: »

So, we know that there are lots of teams that can beat Revan on offense. The reason that Revan is so popular because he holds well on defense.

Holds well on defense? Against which team? Couse for sure Nightsisters can beat any Revan team on offense. So on defense Revan doesnt hold at all against NS. And sorry almost every one has Revan, so maybe this team hold well on defense against Revan. ;). B
  • OP if its that horrible quit. We will get by with out you and the other dozen people whove made the same whining thread.
  • CptCheez wrote: »

There's always going to be one particular team that dominates the arena. That's why META is an acronym with "team" being singular. The point is by how much.

Meta in a game isn't meant to be singular item/team. We can talk about a healthy meta and unhealthy one like the current one (that is about to pass)

https://dotesports.com/general/news/what-is-the-meta-meaning-24834

• No_Try wrote: »

Meta in a game isn't meant to be singular item/team. We can talk about a healthy meta and unhealthy one like the current one (that is about to pass)

I’m not sure how you know it’s supposed to pass, but please enlighten us. Why is it done for?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

I’m not sure how you know it’s supposed to pass, but please enlighten us. Why is it done for?

Seperatist droids are about to hit and Ds Malak or Ds Revan at the end of the month. Both will naturally be designed compete with the current meta. Maybe droids not so much, we'll see. Though jedi Revan and sith Revan is still a shiton of Revans xD.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    So we have characters dominating the meta? This is news to nobody and nothing has changed in that regard since the inception of this game. Not really sure what the point of this post is except to complain.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

By that logic, it's not really the point of how much because of the use of the word "most". There really can only be one "most effective..."
  • DoubleDown
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Yea their logic is extremely flawed... Makes you wonder if they really even care about arena in general. It's so disappointing that there's such a lack of management to ensure versatility in arena. Also, way to completely crap on Treya with adding the constant targeting from Revan as well. Soon fleet will also be a representation of standard arena, where you have bone-headed decisions to have one meta to rule everything, and if you aren't part of the cool kids, good luck trying to sustain top 20. Eventually, as more and more people leave the game, you'll have only those whales paying CG's paychecks, there won't be any dolphins or FTP anymore. What an absolute waste of time farming golden mods, zetas, and gear for a team that now gets annihilated. Way to also trivialize Treya.. You should allow people to reset characters skills, remove zetas, reverse mod-upgrade, rather than bending the fans over and laughing as you spit on all of the hard work. GG CG..
  • Well, if there isn't a meta there's less cash flow. I expect it will be
    JKR, as it is now
    GG
    DR
    Something SW 9
    Something Clone Wars
    Any thoughts on what's next?
  • Valaraukar wrote: »
    Well, if there isn't a meta there's less cash flow. I expect it will be
    JKR, as it is now
    GG
    DR
    Something SW 9
    Something Clone Wars
    Any thoughts on what's next?

Mandalorians. They won’t leave Favreau hanging. And they have a real fan base.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Seperatist droids are about to hit and Ds Malak or Ds Revan at the end of the month. Both will naturally be designed compete with the current meta. Maybe droids not so much, we'll see. Though jedi Revan and sith Revan is still a shiton of Revans xD.

I doubt Separatist droids will be meta, but we’ll see. And how do you that Darth Revan or Malak will come at the end of the month?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    I'm just glad there;'s finally a thread crying about the meta!

Its literally never been this bad before, even CLS was not this dominant.

You either have Revan, or you are not a part of arena. Nothing else holds on defence as well as Revan. You can be a outlier, but will have a hard time considering you will be picked on a lot for variety.

I look at my top 50, every single squad is Revan with three zeta's. Every. Single. One.

And now Ships too with Falcon. top 5 only at least for me since not many had the bh ships needed.

Even when Traya was "meta" or Revan was "meta" when he was a paid for toon, it was not this bad. Traya could still be beaten, Revan could be beaten but was hard, but this? A sea of fighting the same squad that tries to time you out 100% of the time should you survive?

boo hoo. pls pm cls meta, poe meta, traya meta etc, next thing you know we're gonna cry about the next meta. BECAUSE ALWAYS.

c'mon, son

We all know what meta means. Traya has still never seen this wide distribution and Poe teams weren't the same compo all the time, it was Poe and things. Cls domination disproven above in comparison. You are welcome back up your claims though.

traya was hard to get, remember? and still wrecked shop on top arena. so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DoubleDown wrote: »
    Yea their logic is extremely flawed... Makes you wonder if they really even care about arena in general. It's so disappointing that there's such a lack of management to ensure versatility in arena. Also, way to completely crap on Treya with adding the constant targeting from Revan as well. Soon fleet will also be a representation of standard arena, where you have bone-headed decisions to have one meta to rule everything, and if you aren't part of the cool kids, good luck trying to sustain top 20. Eventually, as more and more people leave the game, you'll have only those whales paying CG's paychecks, there won't be any dolphins or FTP anymore. What an absolute waste of time farming golden mods, zetas, and gear for a team that now gets annihilated. Way to also trivialize Treya.. You should allow people to reset characters skills, remove zetas, reverse mod-upgrade, rather than bending the fans over and laughing as you spit on all of the hard work. GG CG..

eventually it will have its downfall. I don't picture the game being too attractive to newer players...not with the level of exclusivity it's become. Once they've tapped out the noob whales.....that's it :D
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

You either have Revan, or you are not a part of arena. Nothing else holds on defence as well as Revan. You can be a outlier, but will have a hard time considering you will be picked on a lot for variety.

I look at my top 50, every single squad is Revan with three zeta's. Every. Single. One.

And now Ships too with Falcon. top 5 only at least for me since not many had the bh ships needed.

Even when Traya was "meta" or Revan was "meta" when he was a paid for toon, it was not this bad. Traya could still be beaten, Revan could be beaten but was hard, but this? A sea of fighting the same squad that tries to time you out 100% of the time should you survive?

boo hoo. pls pm cls meta, poe meta, traya meta etc, next thing you know we're gonna cry about the next meta. BECAUSE ALWAYS.

c'mon, son

We all know what meta means. Traya has still never seen this wide distribution and Poe teams weren't the same compo all the time, it was Poe and things. Cls domination disproven above in comparison. You are welcome back up your claims though.

I don't get what you mean. Traya has never seen this much domination in arena if only due to the means of distribution.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

c'mon, son

I don't get what you mean. Traya has never seen this much domination in arena if only due to the means of distribution.

So what are "we" complaining about exactly? That revan is too accessible relative to his arena prowess? (which i agree with, but i also realize it's only temporary)
    I think it's fair to say that traya was better when she first made her appearance in arena relative to other teams than revan is at this point in time. Heck, even revan was better relative to other teams when he was released compared to now, yet it has only become a problem recently.
    Which brings me back to my earlier point, it's just poor planning on ea/cg's part. That's the real issue which caused the lack of diversity in arena. The lack of powercreep since revan's initial release is the reason why an "old" meta is still the best team available and ALOT of players have caught up, which resulted in a rather large portion of the top50/100 players using the same team.
    It's basically still the same as how it has always been, nothing to get worked up about and no need to preach inpending doom. Yea, it sucks that arena largely consists out of the same team, but that's about it.
  • leef wrote: »

c'mon, son

So what are "we" complaining about exactly? That revan is too accessible relative to his arena prowess? (which i agree with, but i also realize it's only temporary)
    I think it's fair to say that traya was better when she first made her appearance in arena relative to other teams than revan is at this point in time. Heck, even revan was better relative to other teams when he was released compared to now, yet it has only become a problem recently.
    Which brings me back to my earlier point, it's just poor planning on ea/cg's part. That's the real issue which caused the lack of diversity in arena. The lack of powercreep since revan's initial release is the reason why an "old" meta is still the best team available and ALOT of players have caught up, which resulted in a rather large portion of the top50/100 players using the same team.
    It's basically still the same as how it has always been, nothing to get worked up about and no need to preach inpending doom. Yea, it sucks that arena largely consists out of the same team, but that's about it.

I don't foresee an impending doom, but rather a bad trajectory if they keep on the Revan paradigm. Yes means of distribution matters the total impact of occurance, though that's not my point either. That just surfaced the fact that Revan was an overdesign. Imo they need to keep the amount of power creep under a better leash (while power creep is inevitable), it's all about degrees of the thing.

For example I gave this example on the meta report topic. Wouldn't Revan be almost as powerful if his lead applied 2-3 speed and not 2x application for both OR+Jedi? This was designed as a card for spenders to surpass their own mod weakness or otherwise roster weakness if they were to spend for it. What I would rather have is something like this: beats the most prominent current meta, has weaknesses towards low metas or not at all meta teams. Paper-rocks-scissors in application.

And no I'm not for nerfs except for unforeseeable interactions. It just has to be better planned and outcomes to be foreseen. I bet both of us are able to extrapolate what Revan will do just on the kit reveal, why shouldn't CG? It would be naive to think they didn't, then I have to come forward to discourage them doing it again.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

c'mon, son

I don't foresee an impending doom, but rather a bad trajectory if they keep on the Revan paradigm. Yes means of distribution matters the total impact of occurance, though that's not my point either. That just surfaced the fact that Revan was an overdesign. Imo they need to keep the amount of power creep under a better leash (while power creep is inevitable), it's all about degrees of the thing.

For example I gave this example on the meta report topic. Wouldn't Revan be almost as powerful if his lead applied 2-3 speed and not 2x application for both OR+Jedi? This was designed as a card for spenders to surpass their own mod weakness or otherwise roster weakness if they were to spend for it. What I would rather have is something like this: beats the most prominent current meta, has weaknesses towards low metas or not at all meta teams. Paper-rocks-scissors in application.

And no I'm not for nerfs except for unforeseeable interactions. It just has to be better planned and outcomes to be foreseen. I bet both of us are able to extrapolate what Revan will do just on the kit reveal, why shouldn't CG? It would be naive to think they didn't, then I have to come forward to discourage them doing it again.

I meant poor planning as in not releasing an atleast equally powerfull toon/rework prior to revan's event returning. Not so much the powercreep/leap, i'm totally fine with that. It hasn't been an issue for me when i didn't have revan and it still isn't an issue for me now when i also use revan. It's also very comparable with earlier leaps in power, the only difference is how commonly used revan is.
    I think people are putting too much emphasis on the overdesign aspect of this boring meta. This is probably not something we will ever agree on. Other than that we don't view things that differently, i think ;)
    Anyway, as we have seen with CLS, it wasn't a sign of things only getting worse eventhough it was a very boring meta at the time. Apparantly not as commonly used as revan is now, but the same argument still applies.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

c'mon, son

I meant poor planning as in not releasing an atleast equally powerfull toon/rework prior to revan's event returning. Not so much the powercreep/leap, i'm totally fine with that. It hasn't been an issue for me when i didn't have revan and it still isn't an issue for me now when i also use revan. It's also very comparable with earlier leaps in power, the only difference is how commonly used revan is.
    I think people are putting too much emphasis on the overdesign aspect of this boring meta. This is probably not something we will ever agree on. Other than that we don't view things that differently, i think ;)
    Anyway, as we have seen with CLS, it wasn't a sign of things only getting worse eventhough it was a very boring meta at the time. Apparantly not as commonly used as revan is now, but the same argument still applies.

I didn't have problem with the arrival of Revan either. While hardly beatable it was still beatable for me. And since others had problem beating it, I would say that put me in an advantegous position.

So where's the power leap line, when you will have problem with it?(assuming you describe problem as possible to beat in some way or the other) This one was pretty close to it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

c'mon, son

I didn't have problem with the arrival of Revan either. While hardly beatable it was still beatable for me. And since others had problem beating it, I would say that put me in an advantegous position.

So where's the power leap line, when you will have problem with it?(assuming you describe problem as possible to beat in some way or the other) This one was pretty close to it.

I'm saying the powerleap is irrelevant to the issue were having at the moment; lack of diversity. To further emphasize this point, aren't new leaderboards overwhelmed with phoenix teams? Not even close to the best team out there and hasn't even been meta on matured leaderboards, but the accessibility combined with their arena prowess early on causes the lack of diversity.
    As for when i will have a problem with the powerleap, that's hard to say. My general rule of thumb is that if it's beatable by a different team, then i'm fine with it. Revan's leap wasn't even the "worst" we've seen imo. I don't even find the team to be that annoying to fight against (with or without revan) to be honest, but that's subjective and depends on the roster you're playing with.
  • Out of all the Raid characters, Traya is the hardest to get (still don’t have her), the least versatile, and, presently anyway, the most overrated.
  • Now for some constructive criticism: Don’t let the whole map be bottlenecked by 2 meta teams! So boring!!!! Oh wait I forgot the map that lets you bottle neck it with 3 teams.
    Alternative modes: all defense is light side only, dark side can only be used offense...set as much defense as you want! Attack anyone you want. Then you can Switch light to offense and dark to defense. Set an area that can only be defended by Jedi and only sith can an attack, another area defended by rebels and attacked by empire! Oh wow suddenly you have to figure out how to use characters you never used before! Maybe you won’t be able to get a strategy guide on the best team make up for a change. Figuring out effective solutions might be a thing...who knows maybe you might need....strategy.
  • Out of all the Raid characters, Traya is the hardest to get (still don’t have her), the least versatile, and, presently anyway, the most overrated.

Sure, except for the fact that Traya can reliably beat Revan teams...Perhaps you should wait until you actually have Traya before passing judgment on a character you've never used?
  • CptCheez wrote: »
    Out of all the Raid characters, Traya is the hardest to get (still don’t have her), the least versatile, and, presently anyway, the most overrated.

Sure, except for the fact that Traya can reliably beat Revan teams...Perhaps you should wait until you actually have Traya before passing judgment on a character you've never used?

Truth. Traya with 6 dot defense mods and Emo Bastila is a doozy to handle. She also has great use in TB/TW and Sith Raid.
  • qhln9hmfv1jh.png
    Used to enjoy hitting arena. But this is just dumb
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Looks like you were about to lose anyway, i'd call that a mercy time out ;)
  • Debuff wrote: »
    qhln9hmfv1jh.png

Yep, feel exactly the same...
  • hisoka41 wrote: »
    Debuff wrote: »
    qhln9hmfv1jh.png

LOL it's actually comical that CG is allowing this to happen. I highly doubt they didn't foresee this occurring. Adjustments need to happen or you'll just see many people not even play arena, other than the two required attempts per day.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    DoubleDown wrote: »
    hisoka41 wrote: »
    Debuff wrote: »
    qhln9hmfv1jh.png

LOL it's actually comical that CG is allowing this to happen. I highly doubt they didn't foresee this occurring. Adjustments need to happen or you'll just see many people not even play arena, other than the two required attempts per day.

Dude, that’s not how this game works. This is very similar to every other meta, soon people will complain that Revan sucks and Separatist droids are OP. Welcome to the game.
  • I don't understand who said that this kind of meta is normal. I don't complain on to much powerful, or to weak characters.
    It is a matter of diversity!
    As other users showed, with CLS about 40% of teams were not CLS; fighting in arena was funny. Now with more than 80% of revan teams I am facing only them.
    I am seriously thinking of stopping battle in arena, it is never been so boring...