Sith month character

2Next

Replies

  • Emguy wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    True lord of the sith is already in the game. Darth revan is ridiculous , unoriginal from anything already established in cannon, clearly a rip off of Vader , and made to look cool by using a helmet. As it pleases the nerds who like boba fett even though he’s a chump. Anakin is clearly more powerful than revan. As he was the most powerful ever. And he existed post revan.

    Not to burst your bubble or anything, but Revan's storyline is absolutely nothing like the story of Anakin or any other character from the movies. You must either not know the characters that you're trying to insult or just automatically assume that a character being in the movies makes them a better character. Also, the phrase "Anakin is clearly more powerful because he was the most powerful ever" needs following up to because he never assumed the title Sith Master and he never became a Jedi Master so really he shouldn't be in competition for "most powerful Dark Lord of the Sith". All Anakin was was Darth Sidious' weapon. He couldn't even kill the Emperor in the end without being killed himself.

    Vader died because he was already weakened from his battle with Luke. And assuming the title sith or Jedi master doesn't make you the most powerful. That's only rank which makes it arbitrary. Anikan was the prophesied choosen one. And brought balance to the force.
    And for nothing in kotor being similar you're wrong. Revan follows Anikan's path. Straying from light to dark and back. Building/ having a droid companion. C3po vs hk47. Fell in love when Jedi weren't supposed to. Fights with his former friend. Obiwan vs Malak. Seduced by the Sith Lord. Palpatine and emperor vitatite.
    Story line might be a bit different but it's Vader in a boba fett mask

    “Boba Fett Mask?” This right here reveals your ignorance. Revan defeated the Mandalorian leader, and thus took their precious mask as a prize. “Boba Fett’s Mask” is just a Mandalorian helmet, complimentary to his armor. The story of Revan is meant to mirror Anakin’s but show a different struggle resulting in a separate end. I think it’s unique and deserves appreciation. That being said, I think Anakin/Vader is a wonderful character with a rich story. Darth Vader is possibly the most iconic villain ever.

    But I don’t think Darth Revan should be released for a while. They should strengthen other failing factions first.
  • Stick wrote: »
    True lord of the sith is already in the game. Darth revan is ridiculous , unoriginal from anything already established in cannon, clearly a rip off of Vader , and made to look cool by using a helmet. As it pleases the nerds who like boba fett even though he’s a chump. Anakin is clearly more powerful than revan. As he was the most powerful ever. And he existed post revan.

    “Anakin is clearly more powerful than Revan as he was the most powerful ever” is a perfect example of a logical fallacy. You may want to take an English course before debating on a Star Wars forum. Just a thought ;)

  • We needed a reason for the player to have fallen from power and lost his memory, so we introduced Darth Malak… Malak's cybernetic parts were added relatively early…much like the Ebon Hawk/Millenium Falcon we wanted to evoke images of Darth Vader without being considered a carbon copy. “

    JAMES OHLEN, THE LEAD DESIGNER OF STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC, EXPLAINS WHY BIOWARE CREATED DARTH MALAK

    This is why I went with the Malak anakin comparison. Clearly there was inspiration taken from the source material. And there is many other parallels as well. Its also reasonable to compare anakin and revan. But for different reasons.









  • February has always been a Dark Side month (well, since 2017 at least ;) ). With Sith having dominated the past two Februarys it was assumed this one would be no different. Separtist droid reworks and marquees are still Dark Side.

    That said, I expect Malak at the end of tbe month as a "we never said it wouldn't ALSO be a Sith Month, just it wouldn't ONLY be one."
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Monel
    1271 posts Member
    Ummm.. there never would have been a Revan without a Darth Vader. Darth Vader is one of the greatest cinematic villains of all time and spawned a thousand Star Wars stories told over the last 40+ years.

    Perfectly acceptable to like Revan more than DV but never forget his character only exists because DV has dominated the cinematic screen for so long.

    That being said, why are you arguing over make believe?
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    February has always been a Dark Side month (well, since 2017 at least ;) ). With Sith having dominated the past two Februarys it was assumed this one would be no different. Separtist droid reworks and marquees are still Dark Side.

    That said, I expect Malak at the end of tbe month as a "we never said it wouldn't ALSO be a Sith Month, just it wouldn't ONLY be one."

    Also either the Leviathan or Ravager. I’m keeping my fingers AND toes crossed.
  • Monel wrote: »

    That being said, why are you arguing over make believe?

    It's waaayyy more fun than arguing over real life.
  • I want Ewok Elder Fallen!

    Seriously though isn't a dude that can mass heal and revive the dead pretty strong with the force?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    “Boba Fett Mask?” This right here reveals your ignorance. Revan defeated the Mandalorian leader, and thus took their precious mask as a prize. “Boba Fett’s Mask” is just a Mandalorian helmet, complimentary to his armor. The story of Revan is meant to mirror Anakin’s but show a different struggle resulting in a separate end. I think it’s unique and deserves appreciation. That being said, I think Anakin/Vader is a wonderful character with a rich story. Darth Vader is possibly the most iconic villain ever.

    But I don’t think Darth Revan should be released for a while. They should strengthen other failing factions first.

    I know where revan took his helmet from. but the point is not where the character in game gets it. Rather that the person I responded to said there was no similarities to the original trilogies, and I stated he wears boba fetts mask. Which was established later to be mandalorian and worn by Mandalore who fought revan. But boba fett came first
  • Also how is it ignorance if the mask or a mask very similar, which you acknowledge, is used by both boba and mandalore.
  • you know they could still make it sith month by reworking Sidios or Dooku then it would still be Sith month and stick to the separatist theme.
  • you know they could still make it sith month by reworking Sidios or Dooku then it would still be Sith month and stick to the separatist theme.

    ...Sith month is a player name for it. It's actually dark side month.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    “Boba Fett Mask?” This right here reveals your ignorance. Revan defeated the Mandalorian leader, and thus took their precious mask as a prize. “Boba Fett’s Mask” is just a Mandalorian helmet, complimentary to his armor. The story of Revan is meant to mirror Anakin’s but show a different struggle resulting in a separate end. I think it’s unique and deserves appreciation. That being said, I think Anakin/Vader is a wonderful character with a rich story. Darth Vader is possibly the most iconic villain ever.

    But I don’t think Darth Revan should be released for a while. They should strengthen other failing factions first.

    I know where revan took his helmet from. but the point is not where the character in game gets it. Rather that the person I responded to said there was no similarities to the original trilogies, and I stated he wears boba fetts mask. Which was established later to be mandalorian and worn by Mandalore who fought revan. But boba fett came first

    It’s not so much a similarity as it is an interesting piece of backstory for the helmet. Also because in the Star Wars timeline the mask exists before Boba and is the mask of Mandalore, I don’t consider it Bobas mask. And you seem to believe that because the OT came first, that it is better. While I agree that the OT is a great set of movies, some sequels pass their predecessors in excellence. I believe that all Star Wars is only here because of George Lucas. Anyway, KOTOR has a good story with good characters and therefore should be respected.
  • With the separatist theme, the dark side character should be from the prequels. My intent from the start of this thread was to half-jokingly pitch JarJar. It would at least follow the original scripts, and it’s a character that could actually fight in battle (@3PO)
  • Darthvanity
    136 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    “Boba Fett Mask?” This right here reveals your ignorance. Revan defeated the Mandalorian leader, and thus took their precious mask as a prize. “Boba Fett’s Mask” is just a Mandalorian helmet, complimentary to his armor. The story of Revan is meant to mirror Anakin’s but show a different struggle resulting in a separate end. I think it’s unique and deserves appreciation. That being said, I think Anakin/Vader is a wonderful character with a rich story. Darth Vader is possibly the most iconic villain ever.

    But I don’t think Darth Revan should be released for a while. They should strengthen other failing factions first.

    I know where revan took his helmet from. but the point is not where the character in game gets it. Rather that the person I responded to said there was no similarities to the original trilogies, and I stated he wears boba fetts mask. Which was established later to be mandalorian and worn by Mandalore who fought revan. But boba fett came first

    It’s not so much a similarity as it is an interesting piece of backstory for the helmet. Also because in the Star Wars timeline the mask exists before Boba and is the mask of Mandalore, I don’t consider it Bobas mask. And you seem to believe that because the OT came first, that it is better. While I agree that the OT is a great set of movies, some sequels pass their predecessors in excellence. I believe that all Star Wars is only here because of George Lucas. Anyway, KOTOR has a good story with good characters and therefore should be respected.

    There's nothing wrong with liking kotor. But don't try and tell me that because it is good and chronically predates the original trilogy that it's not inspired by boba fett. I'm not saying that movies are better just that they're first
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    “Boba Fett Mask?” This right here reveals your ignorance. Revan defeated the Mandalorian leader, and thus took their precious mask as a prize. “Boba Fett’s Mask” is just a Mandalorian helmet, complimentary to his armor. The story of Revan is meant to mirror Anakin’s but show a different struggle resulting in a separate end. I think it’s unique and deserves appreciation. That being said, I think Anakin/Vader is a wonderful character with a rich story. Darth Vader is possibly the most iconic villain ever.

    But I don’t think Darth Revan should be released for a while. They should strengthen other failing factions first.

    I know where revan took his helmet from. but the point is not where the character in game gets it. Rather that the person I responded to said there was no similarities to the original trilogies, and I stated he wears boba fetts mask. Which was established later to be mandalorian and worn by Mandalore who fought revan. But boba fett came first

    It’s not so much a similarity as it is an interesting piece of backstory for the helmet. Also because in the Star Wars timeline the mask exists before Boba and is the mask of Mandalore, I don’t consider it Bobas mask. And you seem to believe that because the OT came first, that it is better. While I agree that the OT is a great set of movies, some sequels pass their predecessors in excellence. I believe that all Star Wars is only here because of George Lucas. Anyway, KOTOR has a good story with good characters and therefore should be respected.

    There's nothing wrong with liking kotor. But don't try and tell me that because it is good and chronically predates the original trilogy that it's not inspired by boba fett. I'm not saying that movies are better just that they're first

    I guess you’re right, if Boba Fett was designed before the idea of Mandalore, then he would have inspired the mask.
  • They should make the CEO of EA a Sith Lord. His basic, increase cooldowns by 5, and you have to recharge them with crystals. Then he's only got one special ability, The Mighty Paywall! They form a wall of credits in front of their team and the only way to get around it is use 5000 crystals!

    But wait there's more! Their passive is that at the beginning of the battle they are stealthed and ignore all request from the player.

    Muahaha!
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Nhion , your name taken from characters of the koror video game , could not exist if sith names weren’t already established in connections with aggressive words , tyranus /tyranny / maul/ maul - Vader /invade \ Pelagius/ pleague

    Darthvanity is only trying to say “ shut up pay respect “ but nicely.









  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    edited February 12
    Stick wrote: »
    Nhion , your name taken from characters of the koror video game , could not exist if sith names weren’t already established in connections with aggressive words , tyranus /tyranny / maul/ maul - Vader /invade \ Pelagius/ pleague

    Darthvanity is only trying to say “ shut up pay respect “ but nicely.









    ...

    And your name is derived from the protrusions of a tree. I don’t see what this has to do with my name.

    I do respect the original trilogy, but I find that a lot of people don’t respect KOTOR.

    Also Vader wasn’t exactly meant to be associated with “invade.” It’s the Dutch (German?) word for “father,” and I think you can make the connection from there.
  • Youre missing Bane, and Sidieous/ insidious. pretty sure that vader is the only one that wasnt a related name. Darth vader is roughly dark father in dutch. he was the only named sith in the first movie. Obiwan even calls him Darth, as if that was his first name and not a title
  • Kokie wrote: »
    What about my tuskens? When do they get a month?

    Anakin killed them all...
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    What about my tuskens? When do they get a month?

    Anakin killed them all...

    And not just the men. But the women, and the children too...
  • Kokie wrote: »
    What about my tuskens? When do they get a month?

    When there is a group of 5 so Anakin can slaughter them.
  • They've already released the dates for the separatists reworks and new characters.


    If you think we're getting anything else this month Youre delirious
  • I have negative hype for any new OR characters that would be released. There are too many of them. There is no need for more.
  • Nihion
    2172 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    I have negative hype for any new OR characters that would be released. There are too many of them. There is no need for more.

    Have you met the Rebels?
Sign In or Register to comment.