New TW bonus on Feb 14th?

Prev1
yohann269
375 posts Member
edited February 2019
@CG_SBCrumb when are we going to find out the new TW bonuses?
Post edited by yohann269 on

Replies

• No bonuses. Vanilla TW this time:
    a3pkhiqfi990.jpg

as you can see from your image, the TW starting on the 14th has bonuses. those bonuses have not been announced yet. that's what I'm asking for.
  • Well I read "new" as most recent. Maybe adjust your post so it's clear what you're asking of the devs if they answer. My money is on the same bonuses again.
  • Well I read "new" as most recent. Maybe adjust your post so it's clear what you're asking of the devs if they answer. My money is on the same bonuses again.

you are correct, I updated the thread name. Thanks!
  • I really hope we don't have OP Clones again....
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    I really hope we don't have OP Clones again....
    Agreed. Powering up the occasional character like Windu / Dooku is kinda fun but super-powering whole factions like they did with the Clones and Ewoks is too much.
  • @CG_SBCrumb we are now 2 days away from a new TW with bonuses and they have not been announced. You gave us more heads up last time. As stated before there are a lot of TW planners out there and we would like to have the information.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Agreed. Powering up the occasional character like Windu / Dooku is kinda fun but super-powering whole factions like they did with the Clones and Ewoks is too much.

I thought it was really fun. Whichever guild used the bonuses more effectively had a huge advantage. My guild definitely leveraged those bonuses and our opponents paid a huge price in squads to get through them. Some bonuses were better on offense, and some were better on defense - and getting that *right* was important for success.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I thought it was really fun. Whichever guild used the bonuses more effectively had a huge advantage. My guild definitely leveraged those bonuses and our opponents paid a huge price in squads to get through them. Some bonuses were better on offense, and some were better on defense - and getting that *right* was important for success.

Facing a wall of g12 clones was pretty miserable
  • I still think it would be fun to have a bonus for 1 TW where you can place 6 characters instead of 5 and get 2 Leader bonus. I assume that this might take more coding than a simple faction or character buff but it would open up a ton of theory crafting options for people to experiment with. They want it to be "Fun" let us stack a Revan and a Balista Leadership on a 6 man Jedi squad, or have HK47 and GG leaderships active on a 6 droid team. Fin & Rey with C-3PO...Teebo and Chirpa… there are so many interesting options and we would get to use some of the leaderships we normally relegate like Phasma w/ KRU.
  • Sentia wrote: »
    I still think it would be fun to have a bonus for 1 TW where you can place 6 characters instead of 5 and get 2 Leader bonus. I assume that this might take more coding than a simple faction or character buff but it would open up a ton of theory crafting options for people to experiment with. They want it to be "Fun" let us stack a Revan and a Balista Leadership on a 6 man Jedi squad, or have HK47 and GG leaderships active on a 6 droid team. Fin & Rey with C-3PO...Teebo and Chirpa… there are so many interesting options and we would get to use some of the leaderships we normally relegate like Phasma w/ KRU.

Revan and Bastila would break the game if both leaderships were activated.
  • Talzin and Ventress leads together; +60 speed, turn meter gain and plague.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • It should be the same bonus' as the last bonus round with clones and imperial troopers
  • OTBCreator wrote: »
    It should be the same bonus' as the last bonus round with clones and imperial troopers

We had those bonuses twice, though, so I’d expect something new.

• I expect it to be probably the one with CUP and Mace, but hoping for something new. but notification would be great so us guild leaders can co-ordinate
  • I'm sure it will be the same bonuses as last time.....I don't know that they would throw out all sorts of crazy new bonuses with barely any notice ahead of time. I wish they would keep the back-to-back TWs the same format though....would make it a lot easier on guild communication and keeping everyone straight on what's going on rather than having another TW starting immediately with a different format.
  • I'm sure it will be the same bonuses as last time.....I don't know that they would throw out all sorts of crazy new bonuses with barely any notice ahead of time. I wish they would keep the back-to-back TWs the same format though....would make it a lot easier on guild communication and keeping everyone straight on what's going on rather than having another TW starting immediately with a different format.

Maybe they are making it slightly chaotic, so guilds with more effective communication have an advantage?
  • If they were going to use the same bonuses, it would be super easy to say so. it's not like they need to write up another post. If they are changing them, they continue to miss the mark on effective communication.
    If they were going to use the same bonuses, it would be super easy to say so. it's not like they need to write up another post. If they are changing them, they continue to miss the mark on effective communication.

Having something written up and still refusing to communicate with the community is much more egregious. Either way, the community managers for this game simply just don't care about holding themselves to any standards.
  • Revan and Bastila would break the game if both leaderships were activated.

But you have put all your Jedi leadership abiltys on 1 Team... some people might do Bastilla + GMY and Revan + QGJ so they have 2 strong Jedi teams. The point is that there would be a ton of previously unavailable combinations, there are so many Bounty hunters with leadership abilities, Bossk + Jango looks appealing but there are a lot of options to consider, what would you use?
  • @Kyno - since crumb hasn't logged into the forum in 4 days, can you pass this on to the powers that be to see if we can get an answer?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno - since crumb hasn't logged into the forum in 4 days, can you pass this on to the powers that be to see if we can get an answer?

I will ask
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno - since crumb hasn't logged into the forum in 4 days, can you pass this on to the powers that be to see if we can get an answer?

I will ask

Thanks! At times like these, you're my favorite mod ;):p
  • We have TW we need to mod for. Not having a full day to mod is kinda redicuous, insensitive to the community, and overall goes back to lack of game communication like the OP said.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie New TW with unknown bonuses starts tomorrow. Some heads up would be great. This is really poor communication
  • I'd expect a patch today. Push Juhani and Carth to traditional farming locations and add the TW Bonuses for tomorrow's war.
    I'd expect a patch today. Push Juhani and Carth to traditional farming locations and add the TW Bonuses for tomorrow's war.

but it shows a complete lack of respect for the playing community to not give us more notice of TW bonuses after they already acknowledged we need more time for planning purposes. It's that simple.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    I'd expect a patch today. Push Juhani and Carth to traditional farming locations and add the TW Bonuses for tomorrow's war.

but it shows a complete lack of respect for the playing community to not give us more notice of TW bonuses after they already acknowledged we need more time for planning purposes. It's that simple.

I would like to know what the bonuses are. However, before getting agitated over the timeline, let's assess how much time we will actually have:

If they roll out a patch today (at, say, 6pm CST), then we have 19 hours before the preview phase starts, and then 23-24 hours before player lock. Are you saying that your guild can't review the bonuses and decide on a strategy in 42-43 hours? How many more hours will your guild need to get ready?

Do you think that guilds that can make these assessments in 42 hours should have an advantage over a guild that needs an entire week to think about it?
    jkray622 wrote: »

I would like to know what the bonuses are. However, before getting agitated over the timeline, let's assess how much time we will actually have:

If they roll out a patch today (at, say, 6pm CST), then we have 19 hours before the preview phase starts, and then 23-24 hours before player lock. Are you saying that your guild can't review the bonuses and decide on a strategy in 42-43 hours? How many more hours will your guild need to get ready?

Do you think that guilds that can make these assessments in 42 hours should have an advantage over a guild that needs an entire week to think about it?

Obviously your guild is all on the same time zone or country so it's easy to get everyone on the same page. We are international but it's not just strategy, it's figuring out how to mod for the buffs, both what goes on Def and what you will fight it with. Then actually getting the mods moved. So yes the more time the better. less than 48hrs is a slap in the face
    Obviously your guild is all on the same time zone or country so it's easy to get everyone on the same page. We are international but it's not just strategy, it's figuring out how to mod for the buffs, both what goes on Def and what you will fight it with. Then actually getting the mods moved. So yes the more time the better. less than 48hrs is a slap in the face

I think "slap in the face" is an overreaction. There are many aspects to this game, some on longer or shorter timeframes. For farming purposes, the Devs have decided that one week is the appropriate timeframe. For things like TB/TW/GA, 24 hours is the "timeframe" because it allows players in any timezone to log in and have an equal amount of time to respond to things.

Yes, most of my guild is in similar time zones, but we do have a few European players. However, my guild officers determine the strategy for the TW. Usually within a few hours, we will look at the bonuses and decide on our plan (i.e. squad compositions and which factions should be on offense vs defense). We will then communicate out to the guild what the plan is, which factions will be on offense and defense, and then tell people what the modding expectations are.

Based on the timeline above, my guild will still have over 36 hours to move mods, and level/gear any toons they want to improve based on the bonuses. Regardless of time zones, 36 hours will provide enough time for everyone to log in and make their changes.