Thank You

I used to refresh fleet every day before the "2.0" rework. I used to spend 30 minutes playing fleet. Since CG has manipulated the meta with 2.0, basically making people re-invest in fleet, then continually releasing meta-defining ships (Chimera, HT, now HMF) with really no counters, and the increased RNG that was introduced when dropping down to 3 starting ships and reducing the strategy and planning that goes into fleet, I no longer need to waste my time. Thank you CG for completely ruining fleet as a fun or interesting game mode. I now only spend 1 battle (sometimes 2 to crack the top 50 for free crystals) - without having to waste all that extra time enjoying myself. Thank you for squashing any hope at diversity and making sure that virtually every fleet in the top 50 looks EXACTLY the same.

Whatever you do, please continue to directly manipulate the fleet meta every few months linearly - like you have the past 18 months. Keep it nice and mundane - just like you have. Please don't ever release multiple ships at a time that might make it interesting or allow differing metas or options to counter. Then the content might actually become interesting and thus time consuming again.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• well said totally agree used to love ships, dont even bother now
  • I swear you posted this exact same thing a few months back.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I swear you posted this exact same thing a few months back.

Nah - that was a rant and an explanation. This is simply an expression of gratitude. ;)

Ironically though, that rant back in November is actually even more true now after the release of HMF....so thank you for bringing that up. It's amazing really - they somehow keep making fleet even more boring than it was before. It's a gift.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Agreed. They gave up on even believability within a storyline that has space magic and went straight to just making everything up as their form of game design.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Fleet has always **** =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    This, but it’s better than it’s ever been
    leef wrote: »
    Fleet has always **** =D

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Then the content might actually become interesting and thus time consuming again.

What content ??????????? there is literally Ship Arena... 10 second worthless TB battle, And Maybe a TW battle or two if you saved for offense that you might never even get to use... We do get a smugglers run 2x a month....whoopie...

Ships stinks right now becauseTHERE IS NO SHIP CONTENT.. They have no PROBLEM milking us $$$$ wise but can't put a few bucks into dropping some decent PVE content for ships ??? seriously after 2 years it's really pathetic
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    They had a chance to make Empire fleets at least more competitive against Falcon fleets with Palp's Shuttle... and then blew it again! It's kit is rather disappointing!

I agree that fleet is mundane these days... but I disagree with you about EPs shuttle. It’s quite a fun ship to use. I actually am enjoying ships a bit right now, but that’s probably the first time since ships 2.0 launched.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Here here! It feels great to not have to login now at my payouts for both arena and ships, I only login like once maybe twice a day now.

Them making me not care about arena in both ships and squads has drastically lowered my playtime and for that I should thank them, I can now focus on life and go for a nice outdoor walk.

They have neutered the arena's so wonderfully. I'm so glad they have helped me to not play the game.