Is zfinn/3po still getting nerfed in phase 3 of Sith?

Prev1
Question in title. We have had multiple updates since that announcement that it would be changed.
Did they change their minds on that or is it still going to happen?

Replies

• Theoretically it is still going to happen. They just didn't manage to optimise the change so far.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    A lot of people seem to be on pins and needles waiting, but this seems preferable to the rushed NS fixes that had to be reversed.
  • NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Don't worry the fix will be made just in time for the C3PO event to come back round.
  • Don't worry the fix will be made just in time for the C3PO event to come back round.

This

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Theoretically it is still going to happen. They just didn't manage to optimise the change so far.

Thia is the best answer you will get at this time.
  • I’ve still never gotten this to work, even though as far as I know I have the pieces to it.
  • You need to push the potency up to 100%+ on Leia, Finn, Han, Chewy. Doable with 6 potency mods and a potency primary cross, but even then you’ll need some potency secondaries as well.

The thing I forgot initially is that every sabre death gives traya more tenacity, so the best way to get the team to work is to send in a sacrifice squad to do 2 things. First of all, eat traya’s isolate, and second of all kill 2 sabres.

Once I started sending in Boba Fett + 2 tanks first, then sending in the 3po team, it worked every time. Must admit, I’ve stopped doing it now after earning the Sith smiter title.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    On top of what Darjelo said, you can include R2 and/or bb8 in your team to give your entire more potency, R2 gives 30 to 40% potency due to number crunch and secret intel provides an additional 25% potency
  • I can wait for it. The loop does help us beat hsith, but we are trying not to rely on it to win.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    On top of what Darjelo said, you can include R2 and/or bb8 in your team to give your entire more potency, R2 gives 30 to 40% potency due to number crunch and secret intel provides an additional 25% potency

R2's zeta Number Crunch shares 10% of his potency. So...unless your R2 has a 400% potency, he isn't sharing 40%.

With potency mods, you're likely to get his potency up to 100-120%, which means he shares an extra 10-12% potency with the rest of the team.

CG_TopHat commented on Reddit yesterday that they are still working on the zFinn/3PO fix, and thinks they can share the details here "soon-ish."
  • Feb 11th any update on this?
  • Please don't forget, they have only one computer...

B)
  • don't worry they will fix it a day or two before the next 3cpo event ;)
  • Guess I'm not surprised by CG's lack of action in this. Why would they possibly want to fix a broken interaction that lets a few people in the guild solo an entire phase of the hardest raid in the game and always get top spot/rewards?
  • I’ve still never gotten this to work, even though as far as I know I have the pieces to it.

Mods

Potency is key
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Question in title. We have had multiple updates since that announcement that it would be changed.
    Did they change their minds on that or is it still going to happen?

Yes, yes they are. https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/an95rg/cg_are_you_guys_still_planning_to_patch_zfinnc3po/efs3uc9
    Guess I'm not surprised by CG's lack of action in this. Why would they possibly want to fix a broken interaction that lets a few people in the guild solo an entire phase of the hardest raid in the game and always get top spot/rewards?

If you have been paying attention, the "lack of action" is because last time they tried to rush in a fix for a cheese mechanic it made things worse. They are just taking their time, which is fine.
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    I’ve still never gotten this to work, even though as far as I know I have the pieces to it.

Mods

Potency is key

Potency and luck. And using a throwaway team to keep tenacity low. But really mostly luck.
  • Guess I'm not surprised by CG's lack of action in this. Why would they possibly want to fix a broken interaction that lets a few people in the guild solo an entire phase of the hardest raid in the game and always get top spot/rewards?

Talk your guild into banning it. Everyone that has been farming other teams will agree. Most people with this team would agree.
  • Don't worry the fix will be made just in time for the C3PO event to come back round.

I am just quoting this, because here is the answer of the OP question. No need to look elsewhere
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    ronnio wrote: »
    Guess I'm not surprised by CG's lack of action in this. Why would they possibly want to fix a broken interaction that lets a few people in the guild solo an entire phase of the hardest raid in the game and always get top spot/rewards?

Talk your guild into banning it. Everyone that has been farming other teams will agree. Most people with this team would agree.

I like this solution. Personally, I think the my-guildmates-are-getting-better-ranks-than-me complaint is frivolous and ridiculous, but I like this solution for it.

NOTE: No, I don't have C3PO but I'm stoked for my buddies who do and can do really well in our Sith raid. They deserve it for having those Ewoks ready.
  • I'm bored of the whole sith-raid no matter what C3P-O can do or not.
    Just boring repetitive .........
  • They better fix it. C3PO is back in 5 weeks. Many more will get him.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

R2's zeta Number Crunch shares 10% of his potency. So...unless your R2 has a 400% potency, he isn't sharing 40%.

With potency mods, you're likely to get his potency up to 100-120%, which means he shares an extra 10-12% potency with the rest of the team.

CG_TopHat commented on Reddit yesterday that they are still working on the zFinn/3PO fix, and thinks they can share the details here "soon-ish."
    Oh yeah, my bad. Thanks for correcting me
  • They better fix it. C3PO is back in 5 weeks. Many more will get him.

That actually goes against all the crying as to why it needs to be fixed... most people whining are the ones that don’t have 3PO.

Give him to everyone and people will all be able to get those same points

• Pile wrote: »
    They're definitely not fixing it before the event. The money made from people gearing and starring ewoks is going to be rediculous since we all know what he can do.

Why do you assume it's C-3PO that will get changed?
  • I have 3po but I'd still like it fixed. It's cheese.
  • Pile wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    They're definitely not fixing it before the event. The money made from people gearing and starring ewoks is going to be rediculous since we all know what he can do.

Why do you assume it's C-3PO that will get changed?

I didn't say 3PO would be fixed. I said they wouldn't fix "it" meaning the mechanic/TM loop.

Well, then why do you assume that this is the only reason to get C-3PO? It's a very small part of why he's a great character.
This discussion has been closed.