Galactic Chase-Emperor's Shuttle [MEGA]

1234568Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    In reflection, I like the idea of the Galactic Chase, but I believe it is inferior to a standard marquee release for FTP/low spending players. For a Marquee event, every high leveled player that participates is guaranteed a 3 star unlock, a full health mod set, and a omega or two. You also have the side benefit of replaying the levels for free to try out different team compositions/work on achievements. Players also have the option of buying a Bundle pack that guarantees 30 shards or the Crystal Pack which still has a guaranteed drop. By comparison, an average player doing no crystal refreshes will not unlock the ship during the event because Fleet Energy's natural refresh rate is too low and the amount of energy needed for a 4 star unlock. An average player that desires to unlock ship must spend their crystals on refreshes which they were probably using on other farms or gear from the store. It is true that by doing the refreshes they are getting shards and gear from the node that are useful, but it still may take away from a more urgent farm. Lastly, this time around the Galactic Chase has no guaranteed shard drops because there are no bundle/packs in the store for it. I have no idea if the event is better or worse for dolphins or whales so they may have a different perspective on the issue.

Overall, I think the Galactic Chase was a solid attempt at trying something new, but it is not a better release format for characters/ships than marquee events for FTP/low-spending players.
    Yeah, CG is shifting towards making it much more difficult for hoarders and FTP to be on top of everything. I'm interested in knowing how Galactic Chase is if it was on a LS/DS node where you accumulate more energy over the same time and refreshes are cheaper compared to fleet and Cantina. There is also a possibility that they may reduce drop rate for those nodes. I'm still waiting to see how that portion of GC churns out before forming a final verdict on the Galactic Chase event. I think its a refreshing take that is fair to all players.

Someone in my guild saved up energy for 2-3 days to unlock the ship in day one and I think that will be the new strat FTP / spenders would need to adopt with Galactic Chase which doesn't sound so bad unless you are CG.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Yeah, CG is shifting towards making it much more difficult for hoarders and FTP to be on top of everything. I'm interested in knowing how Galactic Chase is if it was on a LS/DS node where you accumulate more energy over the same time and refreshes are cheaper compared to fleet and Cantina. There is also a possibility that they may reduce drop rate for those nodes. I'm still waiting to see how that portion of GC churns out before forming a final verdict on the Galactic Chase event. I think its a refreshing take that is fair to all players.

Someone in my guild saved up energy for 2-3 days to unlock the ship in day one and I think that will be the new strat FTP / spenders would need to adopt with Galactic Chase which doesn't sound so bad unless you are CG.

You raise some great points, Ultra. If they release it on LS/DS nodes, you do have the extra free energy and the cheaper energy refreshes, but like you said they might alter the rates to offset this change or increase the unlock to 145 shards.
  • Honestly the fleet table is the worst of both worlds of cantina and ls/ds tables. Making the energy regen take forever and being capped at 8 attempts is ridiculous. But you know CG loves to take a shiny poop covered stick and tell you to go fetch.
  • If that really is what i fear it is, this is a massive nerf and a slap to the f2p players face.

I don’t mind it if it’s only for a couple characters and if standard marquees continue. It’s a bit of a refreshing alternative, and if it’s done this general way where you get free stuff for doing your usual things and it’s for a character or ship that’s a little better than most marquees, then it’s okay.

I’m all for new things, largely because I remember that stretch of time when we had, like, 8 marquees in a short time frame and it totally drained my credits and stuff. But there’s some tuning that needs to be done.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • F2P here. Here's why I like this event better than marquee: I can unlock at 5* realistically instead of the usual 3 stars. Yes it takes some crystal resources which is a distraction from other farming. But if I choose to prioritize the new unit I can advance further than marquee. Marquee looks like this: unlock at 3* easily, wait a couple months for it to be farm able, realize it was put on hard node 20 energy farm, put at number 12 on the hard node priority list.
  • Zacchius
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    At the beginning I thought this type of event could be good. But I found a terrible drop rate and very different from my guild mates. I'm at 20/65, while many of my friends are 40 orr 55. Same energy spent. I'm very disappointed.
  • Don't like this rather have an event with better chance them spending my crystals for energy weak money grab idea..
  • @CG_SBCrumb I've searched everywhere with no answer. As far as the Emperor's shuttle, will this be appearing as a potential drop on any nodes after the Galactic Chase event, or is it gone indefinitely after these five days (and please don't just tell me what EA's bank account wants to hear)? Thank you!
  • well let's calculate. how much is the chance to get nothing 4-in-a-row from 68 energy? 0.2×0.68×0.2×0.2= 0.00544 ~ 0.55%... and @79/80? seemingly 100%. Nice EA.
    I already forgot fleet challenge zeta, but this is ridiculous. Seemingly 1200 crystal is not enough to spend for a 4* ship in your view.
  • well let's calculate. how much is the chance to get nothing 4-in-a-row from 68 energy? 0.2×0.68×0.2×0.2= 0.00544 ~ 0.55%... and @79/80? seemingly 100%. Nice EA.
    I already forgot fleet challenge zeta, but this is ridiculous. Seemingly 1200 crystal is not enough to spend for a 4* ship in your view.

Pretty sure 1280 crystals normally gets you 16 shards in the Shard shop. This seems like a great deal to me. And I can choose to take him as high as I want. Or not. I like it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    well let's calculate. how much is the chance to get nothing 4-in-a-row from 68 energy? 0.2×0.68×0.2×0.2= 0.00544 ~ 0.55%... and @79/80? seemingly 100%. Nice EA.

Pretty sure 1280 crystals normally gets you 16 shards in the Shard shop. This seems like a great deal to me. And I can choose to take him as high as I want. Or not. I like it.

you think 1280 crystals for 16 shards is good? is this real life?? that's 128ish tries, right? for 16? my math ain't good but........
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    well let's calculate. how much is the chance to get nothing 4-in-a-row from 68 energy? 0.2×0.68×0.2×0.2= 0.00544 ~ 0.55%... and @79/80? seemingly 100%. Nice EA.

you think 1280 crystals for 16 shards is good? is this real life?? that's 128ish tries, right? for 16? my math ain't good but........
    His point is that 1280 crystals gets you 16 shards in shipments. Or 80 crystals PER shard.

If you're spending 1200 crystals to unlock the Emperor's Shuttle, that's 80 shards for 1200 crystals. Or 15 crystals a shard. Almost the invert of normal crystal cost.

15 is WAY better than 80.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • No wonder an useless ship is strongly f2p-friendly.
  • Ok, let's math that. Energy refreshes, 2 a day, are 100. Then 200. So, let's assume that the 1200 means 3 refreshes a day for 3 days, roughly "best case scenario" given the time limit. (You COULD save the third one on day third for two on day four, but we're gonna "just in case" try to get it early.)

Each energy refresh gives 120 energy. The drop rate is roughly 4 shards every 100 energy. So that's 4.2 shards per refresh. 9 refreshes, you're looking at 37.8, or about 38 shards. Rounding makes it about 32 crystals per shard. Which, yes, is better than 80.

If you only went with two refreshes a day, and spent 1000 over the five days, you'd get 10 refreshes, so ~40 shards average.

Yes, it IS a better deal than buying them in the shop, and it is entirely possible to get it on two refreshes a day (fairly easy in fact, as I almost pulled it off on day 4). But this is still a grindy method to get something, and something I hope is ONLY for the launch, and not something I need to repeat through four events to maximize the potential.

• Yea...so I'm going to question the drop rate %. I have solely focused on hard nodes (20 energy) and I am nowhere close to 80%.
  • Yea...so I'm going to question the drop rate %. I have solely focused on hard nodes (20 energy) and I am nowhere close to 80%.

Show us your numbers?

Plenty of people have posted theirs and the math bears out...I know I sit at pretty much 4% exactly, and that's having farmed 146 shards.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • CG you ended the ship energy pack before the event ended, what's up with that?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Its so good that we can free to play a new release toy to five star.

Now if they didn't turn around and say the fleet nrg pack was only a once buy and was still a once a day buy, we'd have managed to even seven star the ship.

But can't have that, lol.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Okay folks HELP! I have about 135 ship energy ONLY, and I NEED 5 more shard to unlock it.

Which node to sim? 8, 10, 12, 16, or 20?
    My next energy refresh is 200 crystals so do NOT want to do it, so just 1 shot only left for this.

Seems I could do about 17 sims of an 8 node, surely that would get me 5 shard?

Or I am better doing 8 sims of a 16 only and hoping for 5 (this seems tight)?
  • I actually really enjoyed this event. It was fun to decide whether or not I wanted to spend crystals and if I did there was very little RNG involved. I essentially got exactly what I paid for. And got a nice chunk of gear that I otherwise wouldn't have farmed that way.

A balanced amount of events like this could be really beneficial :smile:
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    31/85 No way I could possibly achieve that with a Marquee... and I got sith fighter finished and anakin to 6* and even a few sion shards....so maybe it's not popular or whatnot...but I really REALLY like this as long as the ship becomes farmable again down the road like marquees do or more chasing !!!
  • I'll admit, I wasn't totally on board with this event but got into it on day 2. At that point I probably had about 5-6 shards. Refreshing twice a day for day 3,4 (200/day x 2=400 crystals) and a third time on my final day (100+100+200=400). I ended up with 76 shards, 4 shy!! UGH!!!. I have no one to blame but myself. Had I begun refreshing on day 1, I probably would've saved at least 200 crystals or invested them in upgrading the Shuttle.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    31/85 No way I could possibly achieve that with a Marquee... and I got sith fighter finished and anakin to 6* and even a few sion shards....so maybe it's not popular or whatnot...but I really REALLY like this as long as the ship becomes farmable again down the road like marquees do or more chasing !!!

Yeah I had some extra crystals sitting around and refreshes 4x a day and got it to 5* and advanced Sith Fighter and Scimitar and Poe and finished Nest in the process. I hope this doesn't replace regular marquees but its a good chamge of pace.
  • I agree with what was said above- this is cool but don’t make it a standard thing.

The key for cg rn and for us to understand the new paradigm - stretching the game.
    I used to be a small spender and I’m a long term player so I’m kind of used to having things 7* eventually. It’s totally different now. I find myself thinking thoughts I haven’t thought in awhile - should I go sing in cantina or marauder ?? While I like this because it means the game lives longer I’m scared that the devs will implement things like the galactic shuttle and make it a norm.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Great event, cant wait to see it again. Nice little break from just another marquee event.
  • I thought this was great and far better than a marquee. Normally a marquee gives me a character I can't get usable for 6 months or more. With a little planning and shifting my crystal spending I was able to get a 5* ship I could actually use right away (in grand arena anyway).
  • Galactic chase....more like galactic crawl. CG drops the ball again.