Do we really need darth revan/malak?

2Next

Replies

• Roxxas wrote: »
    With sith being second best faction still ( yes i know about revan dominating META) shall sith take another turn in that loop?
    We have soooo many factions that are completely useless outside TW/GA.
    I would really love to see some first order love, some new imperial troopers ( let’s finally have that scout trooper!!!). Resistance is still useless outside of p1 in heroic sith. Clones, scoundrels.....still think we need some sith making 99% of the game even less competitive?

Yeah totally. We need a Jawa or Droid meta....🙄. It amazes me how many players like the prequels and want Separatists as a legit faction. They were literally pawns in a much greater Sith scheme. The Sith rule.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well no matter what comes I think an uncleansable, unrevivable, deathmark spam is bad for the game... just me tho... I mean more deathmark toons would be cool......what's coming to take over the meta is probably going to be something totally stupid like AOE uncleansable deathmark no evade, no resist or something stupid

click, offense up, click AOE deathmark, click, Plo Koon AOE tomahawk 24 damage 200k bonus damage no revive..... Kano wins, flawless victory.....would prob be 10x worse than what we have now....

People would be like hey it's 15 second wins vs revan or anyone WE LOVE IT
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Why can’t anyone say that the same people who hated the last Jedi, love kotor ?

Fans who are toxic and delirious. We don’t need rip off characters. Let’s have cannon stuff, the rest is in the game to make nerds happy. Not because it is quality. Remember how much of a rip off Malak and revan and.,
    They rip off the same character , ya go ahead bud

You don’t want “rip-offs?” Like The Force Awakens, a copy paste of A New Hope with artificial representation?

KOTOR is its own thing, and an enjoyable story.
  • Jedi and Sith are the warriors of star wars. It makes sense for them to be meta a lot. Having a faction like jawas or tuskins be meta over jedi or sith is just laughable. I personally think amazing character kits should be reserved for characters that were epic in some kind of star wars lore.

There just happen to be lots of epic sith and jedi.

As far as Kotor vs other content, I do think that we need darth revan to round out the kotor content and then there is plenty of time to move on to other content.

And for those fans of resistance or fo, don't worry I'm sure there will be another rendition of mary sue (cough cough rey) to be meta when the movie comes out. And for kylo to be meta, they would first need to have him be a decent villian before he'd be a good meta character in my opinion. A villian that loses to a protagonist with no training in the first 2 movies of a trilogy isn't epic in any way and doesn't warrant a meta kit.

But I do think a yuuzhan vong faction would be a great addition worthy of competing with jedi and sith.
  • Jedi and Sith are the warriors of star wars. It makes sense for them to be meta a lot. Having a faction like jawas or tuskins be meta over jedi or sith is just laughable
    tuskins
    dgylpo94nc9s.gif
    May I also remind you that there was a Jedi in legends by the name of Sharad Hett who became a leader of a band of Tusken Raiders! If those Tuskens were good enough for a Jedi, then the Tuskens are good enough for a rework and a chance at the meta!
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • No, we don’t need anything more from Old Republic.
  • Technically, we don't need any character. Period.

It's all what we want.

I would like to see Malak and Darth Revan. I would like to see Padame, and General Leia. It would be neat to get a dark side Anakin. Hondo could be a fun addition. It would be awesome for there to be two more Nightsisters, so I could have an offensive team and a defensive team(no, I don't care if this is an illogical request, lol).

I understand that there can only me so many characters being worked on at a time, both new and reworks, but let people have their fun and who they love, without trashing on them.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I would argue that we needed Darth Revan in the first place, and that we didn't need Jedi Revan.

I would also argue that to make Jedi good we needed reworks for Mace, Plo Koon, Lumi, IGD, and the other trash Jedi in game that should be good, and they could have added Shaak Ti, and other frequently requested Jedi to pay for it. That would have been vastly better, and would have led perfectly to the GG rework now... but what we got was what we got.

So much this.

• They need (us to want) Malak/Revan. That was the whole point of the poll they did. JKR is just dredging money. Reworked toons don’t bring in money, costs them resources - like being on vacation spending money and not earning any.
  • Darth Revan may be more tuned to old republic or certain characters like Eye Shadow Bastilla and HK. He will likely have a sith tag and make sith teams better - but maybe not Meta.
    Do we need him right away? I don't think so but the cadence began when they released dark bastilla and Canderous.
    CG likely prefers multiple teams that can duke it out for top spot over one meta defining team. The player base will usually gravitate towards one though and not following the wave will make you a target at the top of the arena. Revan also is the easiest of the top teams to put together as his farming requirements are lengthy but not difficult. (of course you really need to have GMY to make it work).

Anyhoo - Darth Revan is coming - let's wait and see what the synergy is like-
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    Jedi and Sith are the warriors of star wars. It makes sense for them to be meta a lot. Having a faction like jawas or tuskins be meta over jedi or sith is just laughable
    tuskins
    dgylpo94nc9s.gif
    May I also remind you that there was a Jedi in legends by the name of Sharad Hett who became a leader of a band of Tusken Raiders! If those Tuskens were good enough for a Jedi, then the Tuskens are good enough for a rework and a chance at the meta!

Yes they could bring him back as Darth Kryat but that doesn't make tuskins good. But just another example of another jedi/sith that was powerful.
  • They need (us to want) Malak/Revan. That was the whole point of the poll they did. JKR is just dredging money. Reworked toons don’t bring in money, costs them resources - like being on vacation spending money and not earning any.

I'm betting there are plenty of people who ignored B2 Battle Droid because it wasn't "meta" who shelled out for his rework pack in anticipation of Grievous and the new Separatist droids.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    As a fan of KOTOR and the Star Wars universe in general? YES

As a devoted player of SWGOH who would like to see other factions have a focus? NO
  • In my modest opinonion, why not? aside his kit, dart revan is just awesome looking characters. So why not? We have just every version of han solo based on harrison ford scene-costumes. I also want some iconic characters that actually are missing, like padme, and some stuff from last jedi ( yes is canon) and from clone wars era. The rework of grevious ( the baddest investiment that i've ever made since the launch) and the introduction of the droideka is one of the best things in the last year of this game, so i'm very curious about this possible new team. For the future, there is a lot more of star wars content to explore, including darth revan
  • If they add Malak or new Revan, then they should make it as HARD event as Chewie. It’s not nice that you need to gear Ewoks and BH to near g12 for off meta team but it’s ok to get 80% used meta leader with 5 g7-8 characters. 2 of those are needed also to that meta arena squad so you need to gear/star/zeta them anyway..
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    NO MORE SITH META. It's been going on way to long, let's bring in something new and let the sith die off for a while. After some other factions get some love we can circle back to sith.

After the game was owned by rebels for 2 years... No name dudes in orange jumpsuits owned everyone for the first half of this games life. Sith and Jedi are star wars.
  • They still need to release the last 2 OR toons to become farmable
  • I honestly prefer many teams to be META. Like if you're playing a certain team it should have several viable counters. It would be fun to see like a top FO team in arena, scoundrel, BH, jedi, sith, Empire...etc.
  • Ha-ha. Of course we need them. Of course there coming. How many traya's are in everybody's arena shard? Maybe 2-3 in top 50, as I'm on an old shard. People don't want to lose their spot's? Some people will always be in the top 50. Some have recently gotten there with revan. Sounds winey to me.
  • Roxxas wrote: »
    Resistance is still useless outside of p1 in heroic sith.
    Um, auto solo P3 HSTR or all of HAAT with resistance hybrid doesn’t sound useless. Also, JTR can crush Revan if you use her right. So I’d say hardly useless.

• What they release is less important than the mechanics. If they keep releasing characters that have novels in their ability descriptions arena is going to continue being awful and boring. For a brief moment we had a rock paper scissors feel and it was great. Now it is all Revan. Booooooooring.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Roxxas wrote: »
    Resistance is still useless outside of p1 in heroic sith.
    Um, auto solo P3 HSTR or all of HAAT with resistance hybrid doesn’t sound useless. Also, JTR can crush Revan if you use her right. So I’d say hardly useless.

AND also GA, TB, and TW. Far from useless. Just because they aren't the arena meta doesn't mean they're trash.
  • I think both Malak and Darth Revan are inevitable. Dark Bastila is taking forever to farm. Seems like I don't get any shards some days. I'm down to 70 left on Ordo. I kind of hope they hold off on the other two for another week. I would like to get close to at least finishing Ordo first and then hope they put one of the other two on a cantina node.
  • yes! we are always in need of Kotor toons!!!