Removing TW defence squads

Don’t know if this is the right place or has been raised before. I tried to check but didn’t find anything.

In the latest TW a newer guild recruit put a load of absolute garbage squads in defence (about 35k power with no synergies), completely ignoring the directions. Obviously this completely ruined the war for the rest of the guild.
It would be nice if the leader or officers could remove squads from defence (up until the war starts, obviously) so they can be replaced by decent defensive squads.

We’ve had this a couple of times, so assume this has also happened to others.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At best they may introduce a way for the player to remove their teams, which is not likely to solve this problem.

They are not likely to allow another player to remove someone else's teams.
  • Would be nice to be able to change your team during setup phase, also in GA
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    In the latest TW a newer guild recruit put a load of absolute garbage squads in defence (about 35k power with no synergies), completely ignoring the directions.

Also be aware, that if the new recruit is playing from a minor account, he/she will not even be able to see the directions (banner text or guild chat).

• Waqui wrote: »
    In the latest TW a newer guild recruit put a load of absolute garbage squads in defence (about 35k power with no synergies), completely ignoring the directions.

Also be aware, that if the new recruit is playing from a minor account, he/she will not even be able to see the directions (banner text or guild chat).

Good point, thanks.The instructions were on each specific area in the TW map, but I have no idea if that is limited visibility too

Good point, thanks.The instructions were on each specific area in the TW map, but I have no idea if that is limited visibility too

They'll be visible to all players. Sadly not all players care enough to read them, and your latest recruit may be one of those who bumbles about from guild to guild getting kicked all the time not realising why.

I think it is beyond doubt now that players should be able to sort their own defence placements.

They'll be visible to all players. Sadly not all players care enough to read them, and your latest recruit may be one of those who bumbles about from guild to guild getting kicked all the time not realising why.

I think it is beyond doubt now that players should be able to sort their own defence placements.

Over time as your guild and gp grows, u should attract players who actually know what they are doing. So dont fret for now.
  • What I think would be a good idea is to allow the Leader or maybe even Officers to set GP ranges for each territory ahead of time during the preview and setup phase, for example check a drop down box to indicate 60K+, 70K+, All, ect. This would eliminate crap squads from getting thrown in with A squads if not intended by the guild's strategy. We wouldn't be removing anyone's play but rather just adjusting it before anyone is able to set defenses to better suit our plans. A function of Officers/Leaders is to give orders and provide direction to troops and as this game mode is essentially a battlefield, it is necessary for those orders and directions to be given. I usually use the preview and setup phase time to type up banner instructions for each territory as to what kind of squads we would like to see in them. Granted they are just guidelines at that point as squad compositions may vary and some players may be restricted to even seeing the banners or chat threads and then some players just go ahead and do whatever they want whether it hinders the outcome or not. But by being able to put minimum or maximum GP requirements/restrictions on each territory before hand or during setup would help alleviate these issues tremendously in my opinion and not take away the ability of a player to place what squad they want. It would only change where they are allowed to put said squad.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Or alternatively, have players "propose" squads in zones. Then an officer has to go in and click either "approve" or "reject". If rejected, those characters return to the player's inventory. If accepted, the characters are now assigned to the zone.

This would everyone to submit their Ewok squads (for example) to a zone, and let the officers choose the 25 that they want in there.

Edit: It would be more work for officers, but in the end might be better QoL for the guild.
  • Just kick that player out of the guild
  • Just kick that player out of the guild

We did as soon as we noticed, but the damage was already done by that point. Was just hoping something might be done in the future to stop this happening as this isn’t the first time for us
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just kick that player out of the guild

We did as soon as we noticed, but the damage was already done by that point. Was just hoping something might be done in the future to stop this happening as this isn’t the first time for us

You may also want to look at your recruit screening... stop the problem at its source.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Players joining to mess up aTW should be banned and their accts deleted. Both will never happen. Even GP card scammers are not PERMA banned.
  • I like the removable squad idea. Both for TW and GA. Even more for GA, because it would allow previous-round defense to be visibly filled in as soon as setup phase starts and then allow you to adjust. My defenses don't typically change dramatically from one round to the next, and if I don't intend to change it at all (relying on autodeploy), it would be reassuring to actually see them in place before the attack phase starts.
  • The problem with players being able to remove their own squads is what happens when they remove 4 squads 3 minutes prior to the attack phase. Now what you thought were fully filled territories are not full and there is no time to fill them. It would happen. Some people are just dumb. I like the idea of the GM or officers being able to remove squads since at least they should be responsible enough to fill those voids. Sometimes mistakes happen. It would be nice to be able to fix them.