How the falcon made me lose interest in GA.

Prev1345
I've criticized the falcon alot and finally my worst fear has come to life. GA WAS my favorite mode in the game. A truly competitive and interesting aspect of the game that we badly needed. Since day 1 I took gave seriously. I adjusted my farming and squad development towards being the best I can until I failed to get the falcon...

I was so hyped for GA, I managed to remain undefeated until today. I over powered my enemy in characters, beating all of his squads with a single attempt until I got to his ships.

I tried as much as I could but I lost to the falcon. He cleared most of my defense with 1 attempt too except my nightsisters who managed to pull 1 win. With 2 attempts to kill my sisters I would have won the war by a few banners but because of the falcon I lost the war.

This is exactly what I feared that would happen. A ship without counter play, no chance to beat it unless you use it. This is a very sad moment for the game and certainly for me. I lost all interest in GA, my objective to stay forever undefeated was ended in the most painful and horrible way imaginable, completely undeserving.

I hope this post serves as a reminder for when you decide to release units that simply CANNOT lose and what that means about the health of a game that has competitive aspects.

Replies

• AA lead, Phantom, Ghost & Silencer is the best non-Falcon counter, according to our guild GA/TW boffin.
  • tl;dr lost once, now hates GA
    /rolleyes
  • tl;dr lost once, now hates GA
    /rolleyes

It isn't just the loss, it's the fashion in which I lost. I clearly won the character part and lost because of a broken ship that cannot be defeated
  • AA lead, Phantom, Ghost & Silencer is the best non-Falcon counter, according to our guild GA/TW boffin.

I'll try anything at this point but I have my reservations
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Reinforce with Cass, buffs are removed and target him. Still difficult but not impossible. You also get 3 teams you can use to dwindle 1 team down. And seriously, you lose for the first time and your response is this?
  • "remain undefeated forever"? Surely you realised that is a fairly unlikely goal to be aiming for?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    tl;dr lost once, now hates GA
    /rolleyes

It isn't just the loss, it's the fashion in which I lost. I clearly won the character part and lost because of a broken ship that cannot be defeated

You lost because your opponent had a better lineup, and farming strategy.

He managed to do something you could not and he won because of that. Isnt that how it's supposed to work?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Monel wrote: »
    You also get 3 teams you can use to dwindle 1 team down.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing.... hahahahhahahha...dude you made my day..... I had a bad day of work but this was great...

Preloaded TM with falcon biggs ackbar...yeah I actually cry a little for the BCD team trying that.

• Kyno wrote: »
    /rolleyes

He managed to do something you could not and he won because of that. Isnt that how it's supposed to work?

People take GA way wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously
    /rolleyes

I actually had the better line up, he just paid for a p2w ship
    /rolleyes

Sir,

You can check my posting history, I abuse and mock P2w everywhere I spend my crystals on refreshes and don't whale characters.... But there was a ton of time to actually F2P farm BH ships.

Falcon is not a P2W ship I only got mine at 6* missed by a few days But I held off on revan, and some other stuff because I farm ships the second you can farm them... There was more than enough time..

Again sooo much P2W stuff I don't think the falcon qualifies here.... Falcon was not P2W but it WAS a what do you sacrifice to farm new ships over new toons ship...

I think anyone could have gotten falcon you just had to care about ships enough to farm them when released.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    /rolleyes

See above.

That ship is part of his lineup, if you cant beat his lineup, it's better. Sorry to say.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    /rolleyes

HMF can be defeated with the right fleet - yes, without using a HMF of your own.

Of course you would have more options and better odds, if you had a HMF of your own, but that's a different story.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    AA lead, Phantom, Ghost & Silencer is the best non-Falcon counter, according to our guild GA/TW boffin.

I'll try anything at this point but I have my reservations

May I suggest reinforcing with Cassian's U-wing followed by hardhitters taking out the enemy HMF?

Alternatively almost maxed Poe and Silencer in your starting line-up also hit hard and can take out HMF together.
    /rolleyes

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahshahahahahahhahahahahaha........oh wait, you’re serious?

In that case, falcon wasn’t p2p. Getting it to 7* can be considered p2p, but not unlocking the falcon.

You can win with a 5* falcon. I do it every day. I didn’t pay for this ship. I should have paid for 7* for this one because it would have made things way easier but I didn’t. I haven’t even farmed all the BH ships to 7* yet which is both stupid on my part and a first for me.

Many people who have the falcon didn’t pay for the ship. Many people who have a 5 or 6* falcon still win.

The other player outplayed you. Like it or not, you’re going to have to either deal with being outplayed because you missed out OR you can figure out how to win.

Would you rather be the player who complains about this stuff or the player who wins?
  • The Falcon isn’t an unbeatable ship you know. Cassian U-Wing + Silencer combination is very good against Falcon.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You had a whole thread arguing about what p2w means and how it’s unfair for people to say something is f2p if not *everyone* can get it. And then here you are assuming with absolutely no evidence that your opponent paid for the ship. Just because you couldn’t get it doesn’t mean anybody else had to pay for it. HOW do you know he paid a cent?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    So you're saying this is the first GA round you lost? That's amazing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Wow, some of these replies, people, you can't just Assume everyone has every ship available, and also none of the ships "Recommended" here was used on defence.

The Falcon is a broken P2W ship released to ruin the only ship content we have, ship arena.

Unless you knew beforehand on how to counter it, you lose 100%.

Perfect defence in GA because it is a broken ship that should not exist that many people paid for, to win.

And Kyno with the "they had a better lineup" Remember they had said that they had easily won the squad fights, even their NS going 2 rounds on defence, that already means that the OP had the better lineup and farming strat. Only the other guy paid for Falcon and won. That is the only difference here.

Doesn't matter how much better your team is, your roster is, your strategy's are. People pay for the top, they get it.
  • My opponent set a garbage defence, saved everything for offence and had a 7* falcon under AA lead as his fleet. Told me his strategy has worked for every round so far. Essentially winning because of one ship. Seems kitten to me, ruins my perfect streak as well
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Wow, some of these replies, people, you can't just Assume everyone has every ship available, and also none of the ships "Recommended" here was used on defence.

The Falcon is a broken P2W ship released to ruin the only ship content we have, ship arena.

Perfect defence in GA because it is a broken ship that should not exist that many people paid for, to win.

And Kyno with the "they had a better lineup" Remember they had said that they had easily won the squad fights, even their NS going 2 rounds on defence, that already means that the OP had the better lineup and farming strat. Only the other guy paid for Falcon and won. That is the only difference here.

Doesn't matter how much better your team is, your roster is, your strategy's are. People pay for the top, they get it.

you CAN say falcon is OP
    you CAN say you can't win anymore
    you CAN say there are almost zero counters without a 20/80 or worse win rate..
    you CAN say falcon has ruined ships in totality as nothing else matters

YOU CANNOT say it's a P2W ship unless your a new player in a new shard who has no access to the nodes the ships were on to farm....or you did not get chewbacca to 5* after the 2nd time around

Those ships were there to farm... HT was even there for double drops

If you cared about ships you had chewy at 5* the second time around and you farmed the ships at least to 5* not sure how it's P2W when it was easy to get at 5* unless you ignored the MONTHS of falcon is coming falcon is coming falcon is coming....

I HATE what falcon has done to ships.....but it's NOT a p2w ship
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    My opponent set a garbage defence, saved everything for offence and had a 7* falcon under AA lead as his fleet. Told me his strategy has worked for every round so far. Essentially winning because of one ship. Seems kitten to me, ruins my perfect streak as well

That's what I did...my opponent set 7 god teams but his main fleet was mace which he set on D... i layed out all garbage and put HMF on D hoping if he put A team on D he might not be able to beat it....used all of my offense to get clean kills (except for one) and his MACE fleet took all 3 capitals to beat which gave me a garbage score...

So if he has enough offense to kill my garbage teams with 7 god teams on D and his BCD teams can beat my han falcon he wins...

I did it last round and lost by 19 points. I only have 1847 which you know is easily beatable by clean killing my trash defense and then beating my ships....

There was no Ships last GA.... shouldn't they at least count for something...

round won win by opponent no set D

Lost round two by double full clear 19 points

will win or lose round 3 based on if my falcon can hold....

Sounds like strategy... it was a coin flip to start that he would go all D that could have gone different ways...

But yeah I set up my Strategy to simply revolve around can he beat my fleet.... if he left his best team for O he would have had a better chance...so now I wait till tommorow for the coin flip...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    My opponent set a garbage defence, saved everything for offence and had a 7* falcon under AA lead as his fleet. Told me his strategy has worked for every round so far. Essentially winning because of one ship. Seems kitten to me, ruins my perfect streak as well

That strategy fails if opponent has good fleets....trust me i got smoked doing it

• Dk_rek wrote: »

That strategy fails if opponent has good fleets....trust me i got smoked doing it

So how do I beat a 7* falcon, HT and biggs ship under AA with no falcon?

You don't apparently, and that's supposedly healthy for the game
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »

you dont'.... personally unless you falcon....OR you 3 step program the silencer thing...pass the 3000 checks of tenacity and such you lose... ACK...it still comes down to if you guess right...does he put it on O or D...my guy did'nt have one so it was an easy choice but if you have a falcon and he has one you both go O it's a wash both go D it's a wash....one goes on O the other goes on D...the O one gonna win...so I always lean towards he's putting it on

I'm confused now

The question is..if you know the opponent is putting falcon on Defense...then are you putting your best fleet on Defense so he can't beat it....then it's a wash and whoever the better player is at clearing teams the most efficently wins. sounds like 3v3.... still comes down to toons

Now if the opponent has 2-3 SOLID ship fleets to go with that falcon on D..your in trouble unless his HT counters stink...but THEN that comes down to this is a GA with a ship area and he invested heavily into ships so he has an advantage....

EDIT : he could have an advantage...depends if how they place it i guess

Dk_rek wrote: »

you dont'.... personally unless you falcon....OR you 3 step program the silencer thing...pass the 3000 checks of tenacity and such you lose... ACK...it still comes down to if you guess right...does he put it on O or D...my guy did'nt have one so it was an easy choice but if you have a falcon and he has one you both go O it's a wash both go D it's a wash....one goes on O the other goes on D...the O one gonna win...so I always lean towards he's putting it on

I'm confused now

The question is..if you know the opponent is putting falcon on Defense...then are you putting your best fleet on Defense so he can't beat it....then it's a wash and whoever the better player is at clearing teams the most efficently wins. sounds like 3v3.... still comes down to toons

Now if the opponent has 2-3 SOLID ship fleets to go with that falcon on D..your in trouble unless his HT counters stink...but THEN that comes down to this is a GA with a ship area and he invested heavily into ships so he has an advantage....

EDIT : he could have an advantage...depends if how they place it i guess

Thing is, if you have the falcon and your opponent doesn't, you win. I only faced one guy who didn't have it, so I set it on defense. He threw the 3 fleets at it and not even a scratch.

I kind of agree with the OP. But as most said, it's your only fault for not getting the falcon
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

It's completely F2P. Stop this nonsense. Even the OP has realised this and realised that he only has himself to blame for not having unlocked it.

Or you could adapt and change your strategy and develop your fleet. But hey! It's your choice. If you prefer just rolling over and playing dead, when you encounter HMF, then suit yourself.

Most people unlocked it for free.

So, you agree, that they had a better line-uo, then. How wonderful! :-)