Downloading data

The game wouldn't let me load without downloading additional data (booo). It said something to the effect of "there's an addition 12mb of data, download now or wait until wifi?" I clicked "no," (obviously, cause I don't have unlimited data) and the game went ahead and downloaded the data anyway pausing every couple seconds to ask me again if I wanted to download an extra 9, 6,5,3,1mb of data. What the heck is that? Seriously ticked.

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I believe that is game assets that your phone doesn't have the memory for and needs to put it on RAAM every time you load the game

Had the same issue for a while. Cleared some space on my phone and the 'issue' lingered for a while, then went away
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HK666 wrote: »
    I believe that is game assets that your phone doesn't have the memory for and needs to put it on RAAM every time you load the game

Had the same issue for a while. Cleared some space on my phone and the 'issue' lingered for a while, then went away

This is usually the issue.
  • I have 1.5 gb available.
  • Just close the game if you get that message and you're on data. You can't play if you aren't up to date
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    I have 1.5 gb available.

What device, do you have an SD card? Where do you have 1.5 GB.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I have 1.5 gb available.

iPhone, internal storage
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    I have 1.5 gb available.

iPhone, internal storage

That's odd. The only times we have seen this issue is when there is not enough space in the location where the game is stored.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I have 1.5 gb available.

iPhone, internal storage

That's odd. The only times we have seen this issue is when there is not enough space in the location where the game is stored.

He isn’t saying that it keeps happening, I’m reading it as a one time thing, which does happen after some updates.
    His complaint is that he clicked on “no” but the data downloaded anyway.

The problem is that the message is worded very confusingly compared to the options you get. I don’t remember the wording, but I do remember that it’s not immediately obvious which of the two options means “go ahead and download” vs. the one that means “I’ll wait until I’m on WiFi”.
  • I agree that the message is confusing. When I see it I just close the game, open wifi and relaunch.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    I have 1.5 gb available.

iPhone, internal storage

He isn’t saying that it keeps happening, I’m reading it as a one time thing, which does happen after some updates.
    His complaint is that he clicked on “no” but the data downloaded anyway.

The problem is that the message is worded very confusingly compared to the options you get. I don’t remember the wording, but I do remember that it’s not immediately obvious which of the two options means “go ahead and download” vs. the one that means “I’ll wait until I’m on WiFi”.

It actually does happen with some regularity, though less than before I uninstalled other apps.

I would love to use wifi, but my work won't give us that password :/
  • @kyno I’ve got 62 Gb available on my iPhone and have been occasionally getting this same issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Dralkyr @IceNine

I suggest you post this to <<Answers HQ>>
  • Same thing happened to me a lot before getting a new iPhone with about 100 more gigs of memory. Even though it shows a small amount is needed, you need about 3-5 gigs free to keep this from happening.