Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I have 2 lead zeta. Finn, and Bossk as of 3 days ago.
  • The devs released a broken toon..C3P0. Their fix is to nerf a totally different toon. Pathetic. The kit change should have been on the toon that caused the issue, c3p0, not another toon that just happened to synergize with this broken kit. How many people starred, geared and spent ability mats on Finn, only to have the payout stolen from them. If CG/EA can prove that an old school resistance team (Finn, Poe, RT, Scav rey + another) is just as powerful then fair play.... then otherwise refunds are in order. Personally, I wont suffer much since I never exploited the finn/c3p0 cheese and I have JTR as a resistance leader. I really feel bad for those who invested in Finn for the old school resistance to beat pve or gould event content.
  • This is extremely unfortunate. As a lower level player this zeta helped me contributed to my guild more. I have a total of 4 zetas. It’s a big blow to me. I hope we get the option to have this zeta refunded for players like me to be able to use on a different character. This is no small change. It is quite significant.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I did not read pages 2-6 just first page so far but the refund requests are insane...the TM swing for the resistance team is now 40% instead of 35.... stacking damage make is so you get more than 25k damage in sith raid with a B team.... So it kills 3p0 cheese.... far as old school resistance.... kit sounds better.. only problem i see is with finn tanking so much I hope that defense helps cause he's squishy

I like

You dont know how to play this game. This destroys a viable team to take down Revan as the tmr is tenacity/potency dependent. Nobody cares about the hstr loop, this is about

1) Destroying a TW offense team against Revan/Traya
    2) Destroying the Haat solo that CG_Tophat said would stay intact
    3) Claiming that it will be viable in P3 (but that would remove your P1 team)
    4) Fundamentally changing EVERYTHING about an ability and not offering a refund.
  • These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP

This is a total load of ..... Seriously the only way this team ever worked was to never let the other team have a turn. Not just one targeted character... THE ENTIRE team couldn't take a turn. It's the way it worked before c3po and after him. Before c3po you had to Max speed on Poe, now you just need han but the mechanic was the same.

This team may have some pvp viability with these changes but it won't get me this anymore I can tell you that:

vy7ofbvq99ho.png

They say finn isn't part of the meta, but for some of us he is the ONLY revan counter, unless he can still counter revan then you have DRASTICALLY changed his pvp viability.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    Zeta refunds should be given and the players should be allowed to reinvest it if they deem this new completely different kit worthy of their hard earned resources.

NOTHING really changed except the 3po cheese........ would love to see number of ppl who just zeta'd him for 3p0..... wrong.... old finn zeta was still a GA or TW win against most teams...

sorry but as long as TM swing in PVP stayed the same...which it did it's BETTER..... i see no issue with this...

I don't have 3po in defense yet

No dude, instead of 35% tm gain it is now 3% per resistance ally. This will cripple its viability against first order, which was the reason many ppl zeta'd him. Not everyone did it for the c3p0 loop thing.

you gain 15 THEY LOSE 25 IT'S A 40 PERCENT SWING

No. You gain 15, one of them loses 25 maybe. Potency/tenacity check will block it most of the time.
    I doubt they can keep up with a kru team with that low gain

no but with finns stacking damage you won't have to keep hitting someone else till troopers special ready to hit KRU

you should still be able to keep a train going as long as your targeting different units with the exposes.... like post says might not be AS easy but it's still there as always potency and tenacity is still the main thing....

except poor revan cheese people.... gg

Ok guy, we get it. You like the changes. GREAT!!! I very well might like the changes too. However, I like to carefully review characters that I invest zetas and materials in and so do many other players. The right thing to do here would be to refund zeta AND gear and allow players to make a choice if he is gear/zeta worthy.

acutally i deleted a bunch of posts cause I was wrong I read it wrong the person who posted in my guild was wrong...... against non tenacity up teams I still think it can be worked and against KRU teams which i use zfinn for i'll actually have the damage to not sweat the timer as long as i SPREAD around the attacks....

So yes I retract because I thought the 25 down was to all and not one...do I now think it's not as good as before....possibly but I"ll still wait to see it in action as maybe it will suck.....

Negatives

Hurts guilds getting close to HAAT depends how much damage finn get's up to..... not having a TM train against a tank could really hurt if the damage does not stack fast enough

Hurts guilds cheesing HSTR.... nuff said

Hurts people who can't beat revan and were cheesing him

Hurts GA, TW might be a lot harder to catch up from a misfire on Poe.

Positives

People who put work into 5-10 HSTR teams can get back in the top 10 where they probably should be...

CG's precious raid is preserved or whatever line they wanna roll with.

so yeah it does look like the negatives outweigh the positives unless your the ones making the rules which THEY are and I guess it works for them....

Still not sure it's worth a refund.... i want my hoda zombie zeta back then....

I would even AGREE I guess IF you zetad FINN AFTER 3po was released.....and you own up to ONLY zeta'ing him for that team.....I guess a refund would be in order...but let's not act like the majority of the entirety of the game already had him zeta'd from WAYYYY back when...
  • This is just a horrible thing to do CG. Honestly you have displeased so many people who play you're game. The people find a way to solo 1 portion of your absurdly overly difficult raid and you nerf it. Every time there's some sort of loop people can find to make this raid easier so everyone can do it you nerf it. Honestly with how long this raid has been out you could have left this in and given guilds who were able to do the raid because of this a small little victory. By doing this you're proving that you don't actually care what the players want. If you're not reading these comments you're not seeing the players DIDN'T want this nerf but you did. Don't change Finn, don't change C3PO and don't change Treya, give us this one little victory and actually make yourselves look good.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Not to mention poe already reduced TM on ALL enemy toons which was consistent with ability reduction and TM gain.
    On the contrary this change is a TM reduction applying nerf to zfinn teams.
  • Just refund the zeta and let the players choose. This will make 75% of the angry people here including me happy.
  • 35% tm gain down to 3%? That's ridiculous. It's almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. And the 25% tm removal does not make up for it because that can be resisted. I think the zetas should be refunded.
  • @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie I have been playing since Christmas Day 2015, I have not agreed with everything that has been modified since launch but have been happy with the games progression overall, but I think you fail to realize what you have done. Nobody cares about the HSTR loop, we expected and wanted it removed, as a whole, as it is the current endgame content. But you have really done 3 egregious actions which affect quite a lot.

1) You removed the ability to solo the HAAT specifically after CG _ Tophat claimed this would stay intact.

2) You removed one of the only viable teams to defeat Revan and Traya (Especially in TW and GA). Considering this team required Zfinn and another legendary toon C3PO this should not have been changed.

3) The most important error, is the refusal to refund the zeta mats. This is no small nerf, nor a zeta becoming obsolete from the game advancing. This is a fundamental change in the ability some players saved up months of zetas for.

As a long standing player of this game, I thought it was important to detail exactly what the issues are with the change. I have recommendations as well that would satisfy the community at large while keeping the fair play standards of the game intact if you are interested.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    All the hate in this thread should be solely on the fact that when designing a character that can EXPOSE that no one even looked into the possibility of this nightmare situation happening before even releasing the golden nimrod

If they give the refund fine but man.....how come they dont' refund everyone's zetas who become worthless when they nerf something what's with the pick and choose.... I would be a LOT less salty if I got my hoda zeta back when zombie became non paper zombie while daka, barris, maybe finn get theirs back..... I know...I"m salty
  • This “fix” isn’t about the Sith or HAAT Raid. The real reason this is showing up now is to avoid a 3 year old character from destroying any future incoming reworks or new characters. Those are the revenue drivers of the game. More specifically the incoming General Grievous rework. Everything we have seen indicates that his kit will rely heavily on his large health pool. The expose mechanic doing 20% damage based on Max health would likely destroy GG and his droid army. Who cares if his heath is 200k if you can land a string of hits triggering 3-5 exposes effectively killing the character before anyone else even moves. Can’t make money on Droideka and B1 if an old Resistance team can steamroll them.
  • I feel this is to be disgracing the zeta that people had previously invested into Finn prior to the introduction of c3po. When this "bug" was addressed, it was specified that both Finn and c3po (within the heroic AAT raid) were working as intended, however the issue lied within the way it worked against Traya's p3 toppled mechanic specifically. CG should be implementing a reimbursed zeta for the equivalent of the leadership for Finn just as they did with Old Daka's "serve again" unique zeta.
  • While Finn as a toon may be stronger; you nerfed what made him viable as a leader as well as the whole resistance squad under his lead, outside of Raids. Thanks for not refunding that Zeta
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    Zeta refunds should be given and the players should be allowed to reinvest it if they deem this new completely different kit worthy of their hard earned resources.

NOTHING really changed except the 3po cheese........ would love to see number of ppl who just zeta'd him for 3p0..... wrong.... old finn zeta was still a GA or TW win against most teams...

sorry but as long as TM swing in PVP stayed the same...which it did it's BETTER..... i see no issue with this...

I don't have 3po in defense yet

No dude, instead of 35% tm gain it is now 3% per resistance ally. This will cripple its viability against first order, which was the reason many ppl zeta'd him. Not everyone did it for the c3p0 loop thing.

you gain 15 THEY LOSE 25 IT'S A 40 PERCENT SWING

No. You gain 15, one of them loses 25 maybe. Potency/tenacity check will block it most of the time.
    I doubt they can keep up with a kru team with that low gain

no but with finns stacking damage you won't have to keep hitting someone else till troopers special ready to hit KRU

you should still be able to keep a train going as long as your targeting different units with the exposes.... like post says might not be AS easy but it's still there as always potency and tenacity is still the main thing....

except poor revan cheese people.... gg

Ok guy, we get it. You like the changes. GREAT!!! I very well might like the changes too. However, I like to carefully review characters that I invest zetas and materials in and so do many other players. The right thing to do here would be to refund zeta AND gear and allow players to make a choice if he is gear/zeta worthy.
    but let's not act like the majority of the entirety of the game already had him zeta'd from WAYYYY back when...

Um yes, if you are a long time player zfinn was a staple to beating GW regularly.
  • How about a 35% turn meter reduction on "all exposed enemy" rather than just the target enemy? I think this would make finn leadership still workable.
  • SURPRISE! Nerfed the character that didnt cause the problem and left the broken raid untouched 😝
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is just a horrible thing to do CG. Honestly you have displeased so many people who play you're game. The people find a way to solo 1 portion of your absurdly overly difficult raid and you nerf it. Every time there's some sort of loop people can find to make this raid easier so everyone can do it you nerf it. Honestly with how long this raid has been out you could have left this in and given guilds who were able to do the raid because of this a small little victory. By doing this you're proving that you don't actually care what the players want. If you're not reading these comments you're not seeing the players DIDN'T want this nerf but you did. Don't change Finn, don't change C3PO and don't change Treya, give us this one little victory and actually make yourselves look good.

Beat revan or solo p3 which one would you choose....if they let you pick one..

I would let you beat revan and not blink an eye....

Can i get my ZZaurra back as 40 zeta's made irrelevant a month later by a toon that let's you solo the part of the raid that was essentially 50 chex's before revan came out before 3po came out ?..

you try to help your guild and yourself by boosting toons that help the guild and your possible ranking in the raid.... and it don't matter for HAAT or pit because getting top 10 in those raids means nothing but a few extra guild coins.... I get better pit rewards in the 40's...but with HSTR where only top 10 counts.... all the zetas all the gear...for what.... ya sacrifice your arena, ships everything to help guild and get top 10 in raid oooopppps....3po well too bad.....hows that for PRIDE AND ACCOMPLISHMENT.....it's kinda a big hahahahah you dummy

Basically no one should ever put a zeta on someone for a raid because in a week they will let you solo it ??? ouch (AFTER a year of them telling you..... YOU WILL NEVER SOLO THIS) so when 3po arrives it's Like WOW.... they told us this would not happen..bang it happens.....

It's not your fault, my fault...it's QA fault
  • I would like to give CG a round of applause for this. Y'all did a great job in handling the issue with Finn C-3PO, and have made Finn better! Y'all couldn't have done any better handling the issue. Thank y'all for such a great game and Community @CG!
  • Looking at it on paper, it seems like while he will be granting less turn meter, the added effect of turn meter removal, taunting, retribution, stacking increases to damage for both of his attacking abilities, and minor team healing, and retaining his ability to reduce cooldowns for all allies, he is overall stronger than he previously was.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nuked_ogre wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat @CG_Carrie I have been playing since Christmas Day 2015, I have not agreed with everything that has been modified since launch but have been happy with the games progression overall, but I think you fail to realize what you have done. Nobody cares about the HSTR loop, we expected and wanted it removed, as a whole, as it is the current endgame content. But you have really done 3 egregious actions which affect quite a lot.

1) You removed the ability to solo the HAAT specifically after CG _ Tophat claimed this would stay intact.

2) You removed one of the only viable teams to defeat Revan and Traya (Especially in TW and GA). Considering this team required Zfinn and another legendary toon C3PO this should not have been changed.

3) The most important error, is the refusal to refund the zeta mats. This is no small nerf, nor a zeta becoming obsolete from the game advancing. This is a fundamental change in the ability some players saved up months of zetas for.

As a long standing player of this game, I thought it was important to detail exactly what the issues are with the change. I have recommendations as well that would satisfy the community at large while keeping the fair play standards of the game intact if you are interested.

considering this is a well thought out response instead of the rage posts...and after reading your reasoning I can get behind just about all of this I guess....well said..but can i get my hoda zombie zeta back...throw that in there
  • I would like to give CG a round of applause for this. Y'all did a great job in handling the issue with Finn C-3PO, and have made Finn better! Y'all couldn't have done any better handling the issue. Thank y'all for such a great game and Community @CG!

You've obviously never used Finn as lead or you would realize how wrong this comment is. Finn is no question worse from this Nerf as is the secondary resistance team that most people relied on for TW, GA, and even TB. There is no way the same zFinn team (before or after c3po) will be anywhere near as useful as they were before.

This is a huge nerf period.

There may be some interesting mechanics to play with but it will never compare to the other team literally never taking a turn (yes this is how it worked BEFORE c3p0).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This “fix” isn’t about the Sith or HAAT Raid. The real reason this is showing up now is to avoid a 3 year old character from destroying any future incoming reworks or new characters. Those are the revenue drivers of the game. More specifically the incoming General Grievous rework. Everything we have seen indicates that his kit will rely heavily on his large health pool. The expose mechanic doing 20% damage based on Max health would likely destroy GG and his droid army. Who cares if his heath is 200k if you can land a string of hits triggering 3-5 exposes effectively killing the character before anyone else even moves. Can’t make money on Droideka and B1 if an old Resistance team can steamroll them.

hmmm...seems like as long as B-2 is alive (which may still be a long time if Droidka is the tank i think he is gonna be) Resistance would be getting a LOT of AOE counter attacks

that destroyer droid could end up with a nest/HT mechanic and a taunt that don't cleanse which means getting a TM train revolves around on not just hitting him... and B2 just constantly 100 TM countering....not sure finn would do anything before or after nerf to that GG team
  • How dare you ruin Finn!! Can I have my zeta back, please? Why would anyone care about the pit raid? Do you guys know anything about your own game? In CG's long lost of bad decisions, this is the worst yet!
  • So Finn is back to useless in raids, and useless against revan/traya. Thanks for nothing, refund please.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well I'll tell you what.... I guess it is a no brainer that if the zeta is refunded and he does turn out to stink in TW/GA I would prob take that zeta and put in on BigZ, mission, traya or something.....and hope when 9 comes out they get a new leader to handle the 2 squads...still I really am gonna miss being able to run 2 full R teams...but hey now R2 can go on rebels :)

They should tune the older zetas...not a lot...but a little... ZQGJ reapplies foresight when he takes a turn, Phasmas assist should be retuned to 100% assist from FO and 60 for non FO...little stuff some they get a little use instead of just dead weight
  • @CG_TopHat to earn Finns damage multiplier do we need to hit the same target or just hit targets. Mostly will damage multiplier carry over from phase to phase of s raid
This discussion has been closed.