Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• I created an account specifically to respond to this. Please refund my zeta if you decide to implement this. He was my first and favorite zeta lead, and I feel it is wasted now. The only reason I zeta'd him was for p2 of the HAAT, and now that ability will be useless.
  • Dear holotabe heroes,

We messed up when we released C3PO. We gave him an expose ability, and gave no thought to how that would interact with the longest used expose team in the game, because we don't test anything, or think anything through. Despite our utter lack of respect for the intelligence of the community, we are impressed that it took you all of 4 minutes to figure out something we couldn't conceive of.

To repair this issue caused by our incompetence, we intend to totally destroy Finn. We don't care about any of you, or what you think about that. However, to reduce outrage while we decided how to nerf him, we decided lie to make everyone believe we don't want the changes to affect anything but the HSR. That's laughable. We just want to destroy anything that is easy to get that works to counter the meta.

We wanted to let the community know today, because we won't be in the office over the the weekend to listen to you complain. We hope you'll get over this obvious kick in the groin area, and go back to handing us absurd amounts of your money for our Star Wars themed gambling app. If you feel cheated you can find a list of places that will freeze over before we'll help you on the totally separate website set up to make reporting bugs as needlessly difficult as possible. We don't have an exact date, but we expect to take Finn behind the woodshed soon.

See you on the holotables!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Wouldn't making EVERYONE lose 25% TM keep the Revan people happy or at least the PVP non revan killers happy and since raid bosses immune to TM reduction keep their raid intact or too OP ??? seems like they coulda kept both groups of people semi happy I mean the haat complaints with ventress or Young han these days seems meh... (except for newer haat guilds i guess)

or would the tenacity down thing kill everything.. could drop a 400 speed (lol) ventriss in there dispel the tenacity up then gogogogogo lol

People who wanted for the raid only were always going to lose that one...
  • How is it possible that the completely easy and oft suggested solution of stacking traya tenacity in the topple gets ignored and replaced by this? Fellas come on. The raids aren’t fun. They take way too long and the only thing we pray for is a way to hit auto and be done with it. It’s a massive and repetitive time sink necessary to compete. The way I read it, this is going to significantly change the way zfinn works in PVP. I guess it remains to be seen for sure, but I cannot for the life of me understand why you invested so much into what should have been an easy and obvious solution.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Dear holotabe heroes,

We messed up when we released C3PO. We gave him an expose ability, and gave no thought to how that would interact with the longest used expose team in the game, because we don't test anything, or think anything through. Despite our utter lack of respect for the intelligence of the community, we are impressed that it took you all of 4 minutes to figure out something we couldn't conceive of.

To repair this issue caused by our incompetence, we intend to totally destroy Finn. We don't care about any of you, or what you think about that. However, to reduce outrage while we decided how to nerf him, we decided lie to make everyone believe we don't want the changes to affect anything but the HSR. That's laughable. We just want to destroy anything that is easy to get that works to counter the meta.

We wanted to let the community know today, because we won't be in the office over the the weekend to listen to you complain. We hope you'll get over this obvious kick in the groin area, and go back to handing us absurd amounts of your money for our Star Wars themed gambling app. If you feel cheated you can find a list of places that will freeze over before we'll help you on the totally separate website set up to make reporting bugs as needlessly difficult as possible. We don't have an exact date, but we expect to take Finn behind the woodshed soon.

It's sad how honestly accurate this is. You genuinely nailed it.
  • So you said no refund of the Zeta, then I propose you somehow give me the option to select a new Zeta and weigh the value of these changes over time so that I can make a new decision to invest a Zeta on Finn's leadership......wait a minute
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kynetic wrote: »
    So you said no refund of the Zeta, then I propose you somehow give me the option to select a new Zeta and weigh the value of these changes over time so that I can make a new decision to invest a Zeta on Finn's leadership......wait a minute

wat
  • I had one of the very first Zinn’s in the game. This change is complete barnacle.
  • Creating a pvp loop while fixing a raid loop! Lol
  • Dont worry he now loops in pvp instead
  • @CG_TopHat I would like clarification on one thing with the lead... AoE and counters. The way I read it, AoE attacks damaging multiple exposed units gives all resistance allies turn meter, but only reduces turn meter on the target (multiple times to account for multiple exposes). Reading it a different way it could mean that the damaged exposed enemy has its turn meter reduced (so AoE spreads the turn meter reduction to each of the exposed enemies). This is important because Poe has an aoe expose and resistance does have a few aoe attacks (and a few counter attacks too now). Would a counter that damages an exposed enemy reduce the target's turn meter or the damaged units turn meter? (Example: Say I was targeting thrawn on my last turn, finn has his retribution active. Nihilus is exposed and does force drain, getting countered by bb8 and finn. Whose turn meter gets reduced?)
  • So after a ton of suggestions and posts about how to fix the Finn/3PO p3 HSTR squad, the devs of course chose the path that nobody wanted (unsurprisingly) and they went with a change on Finn, a change that regardless of whether it makes him better in some situations, it simply doesn't serve the initial purpose that those who zetad him had in mind.

We can argue all day about whether the changes make Finn better or worse. Clearly in some situations and some ways he will be better, but when people pushed that button and gave him that zeta they only wanted one thing: the TM loops that the zeta allowed. Now we don't have that any more and we never asked for a change. It's like you buy a car for a specific reason, the manufacturer recalls the car for whatever reason, they make a bunch of changes that you didn't care for and then they try to convince you using arguments like the car is faster now, well thanks but I didn't buy the car for it's speed.

So for all those of us who invested in that Finn zeta, you should do the right thing and give us an option to refund it.
  • Golfdad641
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So instead of fixing a raid they nerfed an entire team?!?!
    So ZFinn is useless in GA, TB and TW, but hey he can beat a well modded Jawa team now.
  • Amen, thought they said they wouldnt change it where it affected the HAAT.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Yep!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I like it. It felt cheap using his mechanic against Revan or in the raid. He was already losing his ability to combat really good KRU teams and overall at the top tier of the game, I've had less and less uses for Finn. If it weren't for 3PO, Finn would be gathering dust. At least this way he seems more viable against KRU teams which is what I want.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    CG_TopHat I would like clarification on one thing with the lead... AoE and counters. The way I read it, AoE attacks damaging multiple exposed units gives all resistance allies turn meter, but only reduces turn meter on the target (multiple times to account for multiple exposes). Reading it a different way it could mean that the damaged exposed enemy has its turn meter reduced (so AoE spreads the turn meter reduction to each of the exposed enemies). This is important because Poe has an aoe expose and resistance does have a few aoe attacks (and a few counter attacks too now).

only the target gets gets the TM reduced
    wmobf07ch732.png
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    . Would a counter that damages an exposed enemy reduce the target's turn meter or the damaged units turn meter? (Example: Say I was targeting thrawn on my last turn, finn has his retribution active. Nihilus is exposed and does force drain, getting countered by bb8 and finn. Whose turn meter gets reduced?)

The target is the toon that is countered. so in your example Nihilus.
  • Instead of a refund, and instead of a groin kick, how about they don’t nerf zinn.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If they added all resistance allies had a chance to expose on basic, it would have made the kit work. As it is now, I would happily refund his leadership zeta. Each member can only add 15% TM now at best, meaning the first member will only be up to 75% when the last member goes. It totally TOTALLY changes his viability in PVP.

As for this 20% in P3 HSTR, is that without using any of the traditional P1 team? Can it do 20% without JTR, bb8, or trooper? I really doubt it. I kinda wanna strip all mods from finn and poe and let them rot out of anger at this change. Just stole one of my GA/TW offense potentials and my raid damage in one move.

Add the 70% expose chance on critical that JTR has for all resistance members, and you'll make it work
  • Bondfan3290
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Has this been tested with Poe and Holdo? Seems like Holdo under Finn could now be a lot worse and possibly make it detrimental to have both. So Poe will try to Taunt early to get all the exposes, then over time enemy team will bring him below 50% loses taunt and Finn gets it. Meanwhile if Holdo goes and basics to grant foresight to Poe (assumed lowest health at that point due to Holdo base speed) one AoE and she gains taunt. Now enemy can forgo the newly taunting Finn with retribution (nice copy of Z, Juhani, and JKA btw) and focus on Holdo while a dispell / buff immunity / stun becomes available for Finn. I don’t know but seems like that’s potentially making the team worse. Before Finns taunt was a bonus to reprieve Poe and Holdo for some time in order to recover with the heal over time.

I’m just curious because I’m not sure without seeing it in action if 20% health regen, not from a passive but from an active ability, will get them over the 50% threshold to trigger a Zaalbar loop. All the while wanting to use a basic to stack his damage and the other special to stun and do more damage. Is Finn gonna be able to go that often? I guess it makes Holdo zeta mandatory to keep Poe alive?
  • DarthEagames
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It's like you buy a car for a specific reason, the manufacturer recalls the car for whatever reason, they make a bunch of changes that you didn't care for and then they try to convince you using arguments like the car is faster now, well thanks but I didn't buy the car for it's speed.
    But now resistance is slower :p.

No I agree they changed his purpose and while it may be "better" I don't think it will be "better" then any team we have right now for any one event. Two raids have multi solo teams and hstr has teams that will make any new Finn team seem unimpressive.

I get it Finn was a bush league way of beating meta teams....but you did make his kit......knowing that would happen.....so much so you started just putting it in people's kits to counter him. Vader zeta bossk and bast tenacity or revan. I think they couldn't keep it up anymore they had to keep making meta be able to beat Finn and with all the new Droid rework we don't want to see more tenacity at start or immune to tm effects. So they did away with it and blamed the sith raid. That's probably the part that makes me most mad. Just say why you did it. Zeta Finn made ga and tws and to some extent arena broken. Should a gear 8 fin gear 9 Poe and a c3 be able to beat almost any team with Han and chewy? No they shouldn't. Should cg tell us this instead of pretending this is all for the raid? Yes they should. I'm not happy about the change but I do understand why it had to happen..... Now give me back my zeta lol
  • @CG_Carrie
    Refund my zeta.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    If they added all resistance allies had a chance to expose on basic, it would have made the kit work. As it is now, I would happily refund his leadership zeta. Just a POS now. Each member can only add 15% TM now at best, meaning the first member will only be up to 75% when the last member goes. It totally TOTALLY changes his viability in PVP.

You're forgetting that it'll also drop the target's TM by 25%. Finn/Poe/Trooper can still work, but you need to consider your other two characters a bit more.

I'm thinking Rose and Pilot. Pilot for the extra expose and Rose for the stun. Combine Rose's stun with Finn's 2-turn cooldown stun and you've got a heckuva control team.

Instead of focusing damage on one taret and stacking exposes, now you're playing expose whack-a-mole and stunning when folks are about to take turns.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_TopHat Appears you guys are survivors of the tide pod challenge.

Glad to see you invested money on fixing a non issue that no one is complaining about except you.

And you did it very half hazardly. Zombie and Daka reworks were handled way better.

BTW you said you were only adjusting his leader ability. So thank you for the lie and delivering a full rework.

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Amen, thought they said they wouldnt change it where it affected the HAAT.

They alerted the deal....pray that do not alter it any further
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Dear holotabe heroes,

Bravo!
  • Horrendous decision, true to form.
    Refund my Zeta
  • Does the rework beat Revan?

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

So, the question is, does the new Finn beat Revan?
This discussion has been closed.