Ideas for new Titles/Achievements

Gunner21
4 posts Member
edited February 2019
I know titles are a pretty niche subject that most players don't really care about, but I expect I'm not the only one who gets obsessed with achievements in games and wants MOARR to work at. The prestigious quests are an awesome addition but the other title quests mostly require an extremely strong guild, or 1.5+ years of grinding the arenas. I've thought up a few and would be stoked to hear ideas from the community.

Gearhead: Upgrade X amount of characters to G12. Maybe 20 characters?

Completionist: Earn 3 stars in all Light/Dark side, Cantina, Mod and Fleet battles.

Ship Collector: Unlock X number of ships. Was going to say all ships but new releases might make that messy. Maybe 50 even though there aren't quite that many yet.

Tinker: Equip X number of 6-dot mods. Something like 50, 60 or 100?

Assault Master: Earn 3 stars on the highest tier of all Assault Battles.

Guild Paragon: Donate X Gear to Guild Members. Probably at least 1000 pieces.

I'm not in love with the names, just some ideas. Would be great to hear more ideas and/or if other people find these worthwhile. Thanks!

Replies

• I like that your titles are broad enough that they're worth pursuing for anyone, but still diverse enough that people will hit them at different times depending on their focus (rather than something so broad as to be unavoidable like "win X battles"). Some of the current quests are a bit too narrow-focused to be achievable if you missed a particular window (like winning in Arena with BH, which might have been doable if you jumped on that train early enough, but not today unless you're willing to lose a lot of crystals for it).

I might veto the 6-dot mods though; since it requires G12 and there's a 500 limit on mods, keeping them at 5-A can also be a long strategy. No ideas of my own to offer, but yours are good!
  • Goddamnit I wrote a list of titles and the forum wiped it
  • Hello there - Defeat GG with GK
    Familiar Faces - Win a mirror match in Sq. arena
    Back-to-back - Use 1 of each to win a Sq. arena match: Jedi, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, Scoundrel
    Reverse Treatment - Whilst Isolated, use Thrawn to inflict Fracture on Darth Traya
  • I prefer Spooderhams titles. Theyre funny, creative and actually provide a meaningful challenge.
    Op's titles are very boring and not motivating to pursue (maybe only the 3star all battles part, but then again who wanta a title of 'Completionist').
  • I like OP’s achievements even though the titles are a bit on the basic side. My problem with Spooderham’s achievements is how situational most of them are. In addition OP’s achievements offer progress while Spooderham’s are more one and done. This isn’t saying that I wouldn’t want Spooderham’s (love the titles).
  • Spooderham wrote: »
    Hello there - Defeat GG with GK
    Familiar Faces - Win a mirror match in Sq. arena
    Back-to-back - Use 1 of each to win a Sq. arena match: Jedi, Galactic Republic, Rebel, Resistance, Scoundrel
    Reverse Treatment - Whilst Isolated, use Thrawn to inflict Fracture on Darth Traya

"Hello There" already exists - for using General Kenobi offensively in GA.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There Aren't Enough Scoundrels In Your Life - Win a battle with a squad comprised entirely of Han Solos. - awards "Nerf Herder" title

Let The Wookiee Win - Win a battle with a squad comprised entirely of Wookiees. - awards "Fuzzball" title
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Experience Outranks Everything Have a 100% maxed out Captain Rex (G12+ included) :smirk:
    (Or literally anything, I just want my Captain Rex Portrait).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I am 100% in for more titles and, in general for more achievements.

I played World of Warcraft for more than 10 years only thanks for the thrill of the hunt of achievements.

It adds variety and longevity to any titles.

And about titles, it is good to see a mix of easy and hard to get.

Every area of the game should have some achievements related (GA, Arena, Ship Arena, Hard Nodes, Events and so on).

Oh, don't forget more portraits.

Less is more, but more is better!
  • Sith Lords are our speciality Defeat 100 Sith in squad arena with a full squad of Jedi.
  • Gunner21
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I prefer Spooderhams titles. Theyre funny, creative and actually provide a meaningful challenge.
    Op's titles are very boring and not motivating to pursue (maybe only the 3star all battles part, but then again who wanta a title of 'Completionist').

Haha, yeah I can be creative at some things but I've always been bad at finding interesting names for things. My last creative writing endeavor had main characters named Jon and Kate... smh
    Jarvind wrote: »
    There Aren't Enough Scoundrels In Your Life - Win a battle with a squad comprised entirely of Han Solos. - awards "Nerf Herder" title

Let The Wookiee Win - Win a battle with a squad comprised entirely of Wookiees. - awards "Fuzzball" title

I especially love the Fuzzball title, well played.

I like the specific achievements Spoodie. GK beating a decent GG is going to be so much tougher after the rework. I think a mix of some specific tasks and some progression focused goals is ideal. I agree with Arthur that the 6-dot mods one is kinda crazy, considering I too am keeping a lot of mods at 5 to keep them available for more toons. Maybe a smaller number like 25 would be reasonable?

Great ideas guys, keep em coming!
  • I started forming a really large list and put everyone's ideas into it (so far). It would be longer but it's still a work in progress.
  • Gunner21 wrote: »
    I know titles are a pretty niche subject that most players don't really care about, but I expect I'm not the only one who gets obsessed with achievements in games and wants MOARR to work at. The prestigious quests are an awesome addition but the other title quests mostly require an extremely strong guild, or 1.5+ years of grinding the arenas. I've thought up a few and would be stoked to hear ideas from the community.

Gearhead: Upgrade X amount of characters to G12. Maybe 20 characters?

Completionist: Earn 3 stars in all Light/Dark side, Cantina, Mod and Fleet battles.

Ship Collector: Unlock X number of ships. Was going to say all ships but new releases might make that messy. Maybe 50 even though there aren't quite that many yet.

Tinker: Equip X number of 6-dot mods. Something like 50, 60 or 100?

Assault Master: Earn 3 stars on the highest tier of all Assault Battles.

Guild Paragon: Donate X Gear to Guild Members. Probably at least 1000 pieces.

I'm not in love with the names, just some ideas. Would be great to hear more ideas and/or if other people find these worthwhile. Thanks!

I’d pretty much get all titles immediately except the donation one so i don’t mind it at all.

Anyway this is a gimmicky suggestion (im assuming no rewards) where it would be really easy to implement so I’m pretty confident your suggestion would materialize. Good luck.
  • I always thought a series of achievements revolving around thematically appropriate or amusing matchups would be neat. For characters with multiple versions, any version would work:

Sibling Rivalry: Defeat Luke with Leia or vice versa, and defeat Savage Oppress with Darth Maul or vice versa.

Either I'm Beginning To Like Her Or I'm Gonna Kill Her: Defeat Leia with Han Solo.

You Were My Brother: Defeat Anakin with Obi-Wan.

Now I Am The Master: Defeat Obi-Wan with Darth Vader.

It's Treason, Then: Defeat Mace Windu with Darth Sidious or Emperor Palpatine.

So Uncivilized: Defeat General Grievous with Obi-Wan.

And so on.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Champion of the Grand Arena: Win the Grand Arena tournament ten times.
    Reward: Fierce warrior portrait
    2dlzjwwdhqx0.jpg
    "Time is not like a line. Our moments fall around us like rain, or confetti."