Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Lets look at what this new kit does

>You need a squad of 5 resistance toons (good luck!)
    >15% TM gain to all resistance allies on hitting an exposed target
    >25% TM loss on target enemy depending on potency-tenacity check

I think the implication here is also that your TM gain and removal decreases each time a resistance ally is killed during battle so it keeps getting worse as the battle goes on

It also removes synergy with other toons that deal expose since the TM gain/loss is more significant

It would be more fun and thematic if *Determination* increased potency and tenacity when teammates died or debuffs applied - to a point
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    They announced that they would be reworking this back in December..... If you just recently geared up Finn, that was your own choice.. ..

No, they stated they will take the community's feedback weather to nerf finn or buff treya, they didn't listen, again. They've done this because why would people pay for new shiney toons when finn can beat everything?

Do you have a link to where they said that?
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    i want to refund my zeta, this finn is ****, you ruin one good team for tw, ga

I suppose there should be an option to refund after all. Whoever chooses to get back those precious 20 zeta mats should also renounce to all the Traya shards and revert all the gear upgrades that were achieved by placing higher in hSTR and hAAT with zFinn and C3PO. It's only fair after all.

If you did not put that zeta on Finn last week (in that case you are just down right ignorant, knowing well it was not something to stay for long) you had plenty of time to profit from it. Those 20 zeta mats are a low price for what that team could achieve.

I agree, and since i dont have 3p0 and haven't used zfinn in hstr , sounds good to me.
  • plindboe wrote: »
    The kit looks very interesting. He'll be a beast in raids, but his utility in GA and TW will undoubtedly diminish. Raids are more important when it comes to rewards though, especially the sith raid, so I welcome the change. That said, I will miss his old zeta a lot, as it was a unique and super fun way of playing.

Are you serious. You have to be joking. Better in raids , raids more important lol.
    Pit on farm. Haat on farm , but guess what it doesnt help with the Sith raid lol if you use a jtr team in phase 1. You can't use the new finn phase 3 team , plus cls and 3p0 can solo phase 3 anyway.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.
    They said as soon as they discovered the loop that they were going to change it to not work. If you put a zeta on Finn knowing that he was going to be nerfed, that is on you.

this is the perfect response. Seriously guys.

Unless you put a zeta on him long before 3P0 existed....
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Does the rework beat Revan?

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

So, the question is, does the new Finn beat Revan?

no. they are too fast and will resist TMR.

even against FO, it looks questionable due to the speed they have.

Right, though, here's what CG said:

"These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence. With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. Determination goes a long way in making this a reality, as it provides not only an additional means of spreading damage around the team by providing Finn with the ability to Taunt, but also grants him Retribution which can give him a few free hits to ramp up damage on his basic ability. While these changes haven’t brought the Resistance squad into the current competitive meta, they can more handily dispose of teams such as Kylo Ren (Unmasked)-led First Order and General Kenobi-led Jedi."

My sole interest in ZFinn is pvp, giving me a somewhat reliable and fast way of beating Revan.

It seems that does drastically change his pvp performance. And it's not just against "one team".

There is more to PvP than arena. There are more teams used in PvP content than Revan.

so changing the interaction with a single (or 2 teams) is not a drastic change to their PvP performance.

I dont see him getting enough hits to make the bonus damage mean anything. I also dont see the TM gain against revan being enough to counter all the speed and TM gain on a revan team.

I could be wrong about FO, but to get it going before you only needed Poe to be faster, now you will probably need more speed in general. so while it may be doable, its likely going to need changes to the whole team to be able to "handily dispose" of teams you could take down before.

IMHO

If Revan wasnt meta , you'd have a valid point , but changing the way a team interacts with the Meta , absolutely affects their pvp usage, im sorry.

I was replying to why they may be saying that this wont drastically change pvp. Not that it will not drastically change the current arena situation, because it's hard to see how it wont.

Finn is used in arena at many levels and not every shard is run by raven.

Ok i misread that then
  • Lol no they didn’t say that. Finn got an upgrade. Stop the the outrage for the sake of outrage.
  • give me back my zeta,please
  • Finn is better than before tbh. Every single ability of his kit, except the leadership, received a solid buff, and the leadership itself is just different, not a bad one definitely.

I don't have Finn, and I feel sorry if you feel to have over invested in this toon.

But the only thing I think needs to be refunded is the Zeta.

I mean, you still have a very solid, very good, very useful character in your roster.
  • So a new character is released, C3P0. Due to lack of testing, this breaks the leadership of a long-time character in a raid. Instead of A: Changing the raid to solve this problem, or B: Changing the kit of C3P0, the new character that caused the problem, they decide to do C: Nerf the long-time character that many have already invested resources into. This is a dangerous precedent, because now power creep is not only introducing new powerful characters, but then nerfing old characters that interact with the new ones in a way they do not want.
  • Played since dec’15. Zetaed finn before, want the zeta back now. There’s a reason why i’ve stopped buying packs for awhile now, and clearly this “rework” isnt helping.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Does the rework beat Revan?

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

So, the question is, does the new Finn beat Revan?

no. they are too fast and will resist TMR.

even against FO, it looks questionable due to the speed they have.

Right, though, here's what CG said:

"These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence. With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. Determination goes a long way in making this a reality, as it provides not only an additional means of spreading damage around the team by providing Finn with the ability to Taunt, but also grants him Retribution which can give him a few free hits to ramp up damage on his basic ability. While these changes haven’t brought the Resistance squad into the current competitive meta, they can more handily dispose of teams such as Kylo Ren (Unmasked)-led First Order and General Kenobi-led Jedi."

My sole interest in ZFinn is pvp, giving me a somewhat reliable and fast way of beating Revan.

It seems that does drastically change his pvp performance. And it's not just against "one team".

There is more to PvP than arena. There are more teams used in PvP content than Revan.

so changing the interaction with a single (or 2 teams) is not a drastic change to their PvP performance.

I dont see him getting enough hits to make the bonus damage mean anything. I also dont see the TM gain against revan being enough to counter all the speed and TM gain on a revan team.

I could be wrong about FO, but to get it going before you only needed Poe to be faster, now you will probably need more speed in general. so while it may be doable, its likely going to need changes to the whole team to be able to "handily dispose" of teams you could take down before.

IMHO

If Revan wasnt meta , you'd have a valid point , but changing the way a team interacts with the Meta , absolutely affects their pvp usage, im sorry.

I was replying to why they may be saying that this wont drastically change pvp. Not that it will not drastically change the current arena situation, because it's hard to see how it wont.

Finn is used in arena at many levels and not every shard is run by raven.

Not every shard is run by revan? Are you blind? Everything is run by revan and sadly everything is destroyed because of revan.

You do realize there are young shards, and on top of that players in the outer levels of arena using old metas still. I'm just trying to point out that not everything is about the top end of established shards.

Not trying to minimize the effect on revan PvP, just that there is more PvP content than just against Revan. Which is why they may not consider this a "drastic change to PvP".
  • So let me get this straight...we invest 20 zeta’s and a dozen or so omegas on a leadership ability that does something very well. Then we build AN ENTIRE TEAM around that ability, including all the farming, gear, mods, ability mats that go into that. Then the ability is changed and CG doesn’t even consider a refund on the zetas/omegas?

MANY OF US WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT ZETAS ON THIS NEW VERSION OF FINN.

I WANT MY ZETAS AND OMEGAS BACK
  • Thanks CG, this is an awful change. I’d much rather have my zeta back which is on Finn, and oh yeah all that gear that’s I put on him getting to G12+, because it appears his viability is now nil, and I’m gonna need a replacement team for GA and TW where he is a core team in my offence

You wanted the communities opinion, there was an overwhelming consensus to either change Traya or change C3PO and instead you took months to do the opposite, bravo
  • Kyno, stop. If you don’t have Revan you lose. In everything. Arena, TW, GW, GA. I see fully zetaed, g12+ Revan teams 200 deep in my arena shard, not sure how much further down it goes. Don’t fall on a rusty sword.

Back on topic, I want my zeta back @cg_carrie.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Can he and 3po still Solo the HAAT on auto??? I was extremely looking forward to soloing the raid next time 3po came around but it doesn’t look like that will be possible now. I can not express my frustration and disappointment as I already had zeta Finn waiting and was/am preparing Ewoks for 3po. That has practically ruined my motive for farming for Ewoks as I mostly wanted 3po for the raid and if I knew it wasn’t going to be possible to solo it then I would’ve prioritized other things. So there goes my months of farming. (Yes I know that Ewoks and 3po are good for other things but that’s not the point. The point is that I would have prioritized other things first and this has ruined my farm and is very disappointing.)

Also didn’t they say that they wouldn’t change how Finn interacts with the HAAT?
  • CG_TopHat wrote:
    As our internal testing has shown... we have no intention of refunding the zeta associated with him. We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change.

First off, the bolded is stunningly amusing. Your "internal testing" has failed to catch bugs, balance issues, unexpected synergies, many times on many fronts in almost every game mode (PvP, ships, TB, TW, Raids...numerous times, etc.) but this time, the player base is supposed to simply accept the results of CG's "internal testing" as a reason to not offer a zeta refund? C'mon man.

Secondly, why does CG always seem to choose the most confusing, convoluted "solution" to a problem? It would have been simpler to just change the behavior of Traya in the raid itself (you know....where the problem actually IS) rather than completely change Finn's kit. Who at CG gets paid by the number of changes?

The continual (and increasing) ineptitude to put out a balanced and engaging game that expands over time is concerning to say the least. Keep up the....work. I guess.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno, stop. If you don’t have Revan you lose. In everything. Arena, TW, GW, GA. I see fully zetaed, g12+ Revan teams 200 deep in my arena shard, not sure how much further down it goes. Don’t fall on a rusty sword.

Back on topic, I want my zeta back @cg_carrie.

He’s always in support of the devs so what do u expect?
  • @Kyno I’m on a relatively new shard, and the top 50 is already flooded with Revan so arguing that point is moot. Nobody is chasing the old meta.
  • Finn is garbage now
  • With this change to Finn. Is it possible to finally get the veterans tagged as resistance?
  • They specifically said they had no problem with Finn cheesing HAAT because that's considered old content. Then they make a change that won't let him cheese HAAT.
This discussion has been closed.