GA is a forgone conclusion

Prev13
Javick_Starage
502 posts Member
edited February 2019
The matchmaking in GA really needs improving if we are going to have closer and more interesting match-ups.

Currently it’s usually the case that I can tell immediately whether or not I’m going to win or lose just by looking at rosters. Which isn’t fun.

I’m not too fussed whether I win or not, but I’d like it to be a close fight.

To show some evidence I’ve attached photos of my GA pool with the strongest roster and the weakest. The gap is MASSIVE.

Edit: to make it clear neither roster is mine.

hdspbu4ib90b.png
tszf46qgzme5.png

Post edited by Javick_Starage on

Replies

• The matchmaking in GA really nee

Er?
  • This is your own fault unfortunately.

Been playing for years. Only ever focused on 1 character at a time. I have 1.5 mill gp and i have 5 solid teams 80k+

The search is perfect, i only ever match with playes at my gp and because i was smart, i now rule my GA every time. Suck it up. Focus on your teams rather than ranking up every character in your roster and learn to win.

bfoux9j3y75e.png

Been playing for years. Only ever focused on 1 character at a time. I have 1.5 mill gp and i have 5 solid teams 80k+

The search is perfect, i only ever match with playes at my gp and because i was smart, i now rule my GA every time. Suck it up. Focus on your teams rather than ranking up every character in your roster and learn to win.

bfoux9j3y75e.png

No it’s poor matchmaking plain and simple. To use a football (soccer if you’re a yank) analogy, your view would be like saying Manchester United vs my Sunday league team is an equal and fair match-up because we both have 11 players (or similar GP).

The QUALITY of those players is a much bigger factor and GP doesn’t take that into account.

This leads to boring one-sided matches. Nobody wants to watch my team thrash Manchester United 25 - 0 it’s dull 😂

bfoux9j3y75e.png

No it’s poor matchmaking plain and simple. To use a football (soccer if you’re a yank) analogy, your view would be like saying Manchester United vs my Sunday league team is an equal and fair match-up because we both have 11 players (or similar GP).

The QUALITY of those players is a much bigger factor and GP doesn’t take that into account.

This leads to boring one-sided matches. Nobody wants to watch my team thrash Manchester United 25 - 0 it’s dull 😂

Thats not a good analogy..... When you started this game, you had the same opportunity as everyone else when building your roster..... If some players chose to invest resources into junk toons, that was their conscious decision. ....

It's more like Manchester vs Huddersfield.... Both teams in the same league, both teams except one team chose to scout, sign and develop better players than the other....

bfoux9j3y75e.png

Okay you don’t understand. Lets get the dummies book out shall we?

Your gp is your stature. You’ve decided to make many heroes at 10,000 gp that was your choice. Your opponent has the exact same gp and trained his heroes better but has less.

So in your football theory...

You’re right, its 11v11 but in the side line you have obviously have 59 other players ready to play but because the game is set for 11 players you have increased your stature the wrong way. Your oponent has 11 + 20 players but have 10x better training but the same stature and the same value BECAUSE of your dum purchasing of 59 extra characters.

This GA has been the most farest thing to come into this game. Players who done the right thing and focused on one team rather than their entire roster are gonna win, and thats that. Its as fair as its gonna be. Equal gp va equal gp. The skill of your players is down to you. Unfortunately for you, very minimal and your own downfall.

Suck it up, build your teams ups and focus on gear and mods. Make the areana your own.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    This is your own fault unfortunately.

bfoux9j3y75e.png

Thats not a good analogy..... When you started this game, you had the same opportunity as everyone else when building your roster..... If some players chose to invest resources into junk toons, that was their conscious decision. ....

It's more like Manchester vs Huddersfield.... Both teams in the same league, both teams except one team chose to scout, sign and develop better players than the other....

So GA is only about farming efficiency and nothing about skill, tactics or squad placement?

My point, is that thrashing someone with a weaker roster isn’t fun. It results in players not even bothering to set a defence.
  • GA is a combination of all of those things..... Analyzing your roster vs your opponents roster, trying to think of where he will place his team's, developing a solid defence while ensuring you have good offense to use etc.....

bfoux9j3y75e.png

Okay you don’t understand. Lets get the dummies book out shall we?

Your gp is your stature. You’ve decided to make many heroes at 10,000 gp that was your choice. Your opponent has the exact same gp and trained his heroes better but has less.

So in your football theory...

You’re right, its 11v11 but in the side line you have obviously have 59 other players ready to play but because the game is set for 11 players you have increased your stature the wrong way. Your oponent has 11 + 20 players but have 10x better training but the same stature and the same value BECAUSE of your dum purchasing of 59 extra characters.

This GA has been the most farest thing to come into this game. Players who done the right thing and focused on one team rather than their entire roster are gonna win, and thats that. Its as fair as its gonna be. Equal gp va equal gp. The skill of your players is down to you. Unfortunately for you, very minimal and your own downfall.

Suck it up, build your teams ups and focus on gear and mods. Make the areana your own.

Wow. No need to be insulting and rude.

It’s not fun stomping weaker players. It’s a game, it’s supposed to be fun. If players aren’t even setting a defence that is a problem.
  • So GA is only about farming efficiency and nothing about skill, tactics or squad placement?

My point, is that thrashing someone with a weaker roster isn’t fun. It results in players not even bothering to set a defence.

I'd argue that farming efficiency is a skill and a tactic. I'd also argue that those who use that strategy also apply that to squad placement.

I for one enjoy thrashing my opponent who decided it was a good idea to zeta clone wars chewie and vet han (this is not a joke, someone really did those two things on the same roster)

GA is probably the fairest and best game mode right now imo
    GA is a combination of all of those things..... Analyzing your roster vs your opponents roster, trying to think of where he will place his team's, developing a solid defence while ensuring you have good offense to use etc.....

I would disagree with you. If you look at the rosters in my original example it doesn’t really matter where you place teams or what you do. One roster is never going to beat the other.
  • Arhithi wrote: »
    So GA is only about farming efficiency and nothing about skill, tactics or squad placement?

I'd argue that farming efficiency is a skill and a tactic. I'd also argue that those who use that strategy also apply that to squad placement.

I for one enjoy thrashing my opponent who decided it was a good idea to zeta clone wars chewie and vet han (this is not a joke, someone really did those two things on the same roster)

Maybe we see this differently. I punch above my GP because I have strong Revan Team. Most of the time my opponents don’t set a defence and I auto-win. Which IMO is dull.
  • Arhithi wrote: »

Maybe we see this differently. I punch above my GP because I have strong Revan Team. Most of the time my opponents don’t set a defence and I auto-win. Which IMO is dull.

Theyd rather just punish the non d setters , then have equal matchups , cause it's not "fair" if they have to play people with actual similar rosters. Because you know sandbagging is the new norm. Not using gear you have 1000s of is a skill lmao
  • Not trying to be insulting but you compared this to football.. don’t hate the game hate the player. So my appologies but you did over look the values.

I said to you what the the best thing to do is, suck it up, build your teams up not individuale odd characters. Looking at your roster it is infact all over the show. You’ve got zetas here there and everywhere trying to follow meta but you have no team behind them. If you want my advise then suck it up.

Look at your roster compared to his? I can make 3 nice teams with his top characters compared to yours. FOCUS! You can have a cushty jedi team in yours. GMY as lead, quigon as damage, Hoda as support, ben as tank and luminara as healer. Not the best but it could be a solid team for your GA. you’ve got KRU zetad perfect start to your FO team but again, scattered your gear on everything but FO. Smart investing. I advise all my guild to focus purly on one team at a time. We all want traya so we’re all focusing on teams to gain JTR or focusing on JTR teams/revan teams etc. You see the difference? We’re not scattering our farm for gp, we’re farming to make sure we got the hardest synchronising teams that will wipe the floor. Gp comes naturally.

No one likes to lose but some one has too. Best you be the smart one and take my advise. Proof is in the pudding, you sent the pudding in your first post.
    GA is a combination of all of those things..... Analyzing your roster vs your opponents roster, trying to think of where he will place his team's, developing a solid defence while ensuring you have good offense to use etc.....

I would disagree with you. If you look at the rosters in my original example it doesn’t really matter where you place teams or what you do. One roster is never going to beat the other.

I agree with you that there are some extreme examples like that.... It's going to happen, it's just part of the game.... There are also some really tough nailbiters as well..... I won my last GA by 6 points.... We were so evenly matched that it came down to who had the cleanest one shot wins..... Sure, you will sometimes get drawn against a guy that made some really poor roster choices, but the cream always rises to the top by the end of the GA.....

c470osjdf5z5.jpg
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It s funny to see people who lose in GA say « it s not fair this matchmaking is broken » and people who are lucky to win answer « yeah it’s your fault you invested in garbage character »

Like oh yeah of course I have a G12 CUP, a G12 ugnaught and a G12 mob enforcer. Rest of my toons are still lvl 1 G1. Idk why i chose to gear those toons instead of good ones
  • Not trying to be insulting but you compared this to football.. don’t hate the game hate the player. So my appologies but you did over look the values.

I said to you what the the best thing to do is, suck it up, build your teams up not individuale odd characters. Looking at your roster it is infact all over the show. You’ve got zetas here there and everywhere trying to follow meta but you have no team behind them. If you want my advise then suck it up.

Look at your roster compared to his? I can make 3 nice teams with his top characters compared to yours. FOCUS! You can have a cushty jedi team in yours. GMY as lead, quigon as damage, Hoda as support, ben as tank and luminara as healer. Not the best but it could be a solid team for your GA. you’ve got KRU zetad perfect start to your FO team but again, scattered your gear on everything but FO. Smart investing. I advise all my guild to focus purly on one team at a time. We all want traya so we’re all focusing on teams to gain JTR or focusing on JTR teams/revan teams etc. You see the difference? We’re not scattering our farm for gp, we’re farming to make sure we got the hardest synchronising teams that will wipe the floor. Gp comes naturally.

No one likes to lose but some one has too. Best you be the smart one and take my advise. Proof is in the pudding, you sent the pudding in your first post.

You do realise that neither of those rosters are mine... they are the top and bottom of my GA. I’ll Probably finish second.

My issue, is I could have told you the order we’ll finish in before we started. So what’s the point?
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I agree with you that there are some extreme examples like that.... It's going to happen, it's just part of the game.... There are also some really tough nailbiters as well..... I won my last GA by 6 points.... We were so evenly matched that it came down to who had the cleanest one shot wins..... Sure, you will sometimes get drawn against a guy that made some really poor roster choices, but the cream always rises to the top by the end of the GA.....

c470osjdf5z5.jpg

I think your latter example is what I’d like to see more of.

My qualm is the matchmaking currently seems to produce a lot more predictable matches than close. I’d prefer a change so we can have closer matches more often.
  • Don’t shoot the messenger... you’re crying about losing every time, its your own fault you invested in garbage. If you don’t like the GA then quit moaning and don’t join it. Its quite simple but i love it, i win every time because like your self, i fight against players who farm garbage, have 20 x more characters than me but i have 5 solid teams that’ll get me wins. Jokes on you, I gave you my help and my appologies, turns out you’re to dam arrogant to realise your own mistakes and to better your self.
  • Don’t shoot the messenger... you’re crying about losing every time, its your own fault you invested in garbage. If you don’t like the GA then quit moaning and don’t join it. Its quite simple but i love it, i win every time because like your self, i fight against players who farm garbage, have 20 x more characters than me but i have 5 solid teams that’ll get me wins. Jokes on you, I gave you my help and my appologies, turns out you’re to dam arrogant to realise your own mistakes and to better your self.

You are completely out of line......
  • Looking through all the comments I think most are thinking OP is the one of the 2nd photo, but I think he is the one of the first photo.
  • I'd rather they leave the matchmaking as is. It's simple and transparent. We know how to prep for it and become stronger. I also like that it's at odds with TB. It forces choices.

If you're on the wrong side of the GA matchmaking you have a clear path forward. Unlike TW where it's a crapshoot.
    BubbaFett wrote: »

c470osjdf5z5.jpg

I think your latter example is what I’d like to see more of.

My qualm is the matchmaking currently seems to produce a lot more predictable matches than close. I’d prefer a change so we can have closer matches more often.

Personally, I would like to see 3v3 mode used more often... . I feel it adds more thought to the process and can make the matches closer.....

I'm open to better matchmaking, but not to the extent that it's essentially a mirror match.... That would be somewhat boring and take away from rewarding players that went through dedicated long grinds when building their rosters....
  • I love the 3v3! Feels very different because there are a high number of combinations to mess around with.
    Don’t shoot the messenger... you’re crying about losing every time, its your own fault you invested in garbage. If you don’t like the GA then quit moaning and don’t join it. Its quite simple but i love it, i win every time because like your self, i fight against players who farm garbage, have 20 x more characters than me but i have 5 solid teams that’ll get me wins. Jokes on you, I gave you my help and my appologies, turns out you’re to dam arrogant to realise your own mistakes and to better your self.

But am i wrong? The match making is fine, and thats what the deal is here. Losers will always complain about losing, i gave a wonderful example of a way to win but its arrogence, its match making fault obviously. No one coulda predicted the GA was going to be released and no coulda predicted more = bad or wrong farm = bad. I went on a hunch that more = good with the territories but i caught the rope and realised i needed teams not random characters.
  • I love the 3v3! Feels very different because there are a high number of combinations to mess around with.

One thing they haven't done that I would like to see is a mixed board with some 5v5 and some 3v3..... Make you have to choose which factions to split up.....

Where have I moaned about losing in this thread?

I’m simply pointing out that under the current matchmaking process GA matches are predictable because similar GP can produce wildly different rosters.

You can hold an opposing view without being rude.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    My suggestion is to increase brackets to 64 or 128 and increase a ga to 6 or 7 rounds.

Increase the prizes as well since its a much longer event. The first few rounds will have the same crap we have at the moment where stronger more focused rosters slaughter weaker less focused rosters.

However once the first few rounds are completed more focused rosters can face more focused rosters in a fair match.
    Don’t shoot the messenger... you’re crying about losing every time, its your own fault you invested in garbage. If you don’t like the GA then quit moaning and don’t join it. Its quite simple but i love it, i win every time because like your self, i fight against players who farm garbage, have 20 x more characters than me but i have 5 solid teams that’ll get me wins. Jokes on you, I gave you my help and my appologies, turns out you’re to dam arrogant to realise your own mistakes and to better your self.

But am i wrong? The match making is fine, and thats what the deal is here. Losers will always complain about losing, i gave a wonderful example of a way to win but its arrogence, its match making fault obviously. No one coulda predicted the GA was going to be released and no coulda predicted more = bad or wrong farm = bad. I went on a hunch that more = good with the territories but i caught the rope and realised i needed teams not random characters.

He didn't lose..... Neither of the rosters he showed were his..... And either way, there was no need to be so rude and aggressive.....

Maybe stop referring to everyone as losers or arrogant just because they don’t happen to agree with you point of view?