Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Lets look at what this new kit does

>You need a squad of 5 resistance toons (good luck!)
    >15% TM gain to all resistance allies on hitting an exposed target
    >25% TM loss on target enemy depending on potency-tenacity check

I think the implication here is also that your TM gain and removal decreases each time a resistance ally is killed during battle so it keeps getting worse as the battle goes on

It also removes synergy with other toons that deal expose since the TM gain/loss is more significant

It would be more fun and thematic if *Determination* increased potency and tenacity when teammates died or debuffs applied - to a point

His leader ability doesn't specify active allies. Some abilities constantly check for ally status, but others (usually leader abilities) just check when the encounter starts. @CG_TopHat can we get a clarification, please? Will Finn's leader ability get weaker as other Resistance allies die off?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    So, by now you've probably read the Finn reowrk, and have your own opinion on it. Personally? Eh. Everything else is good but the Zeta... It feels like a forced compromise.
    Now, on the current topic: the last time that a rework related to the Sith Raid was made (Zombie), we were given n option to refund a then-necessary Zeta (Daka) that made the team loop-able if we no longer saw value in that Zeta. Now, my question is: will we get that same option for Finn? I'm sure a lot of people are upset with this change, and that they'd love to have that option so they can use their Zeta for someone else, much like with Daka. I think it'd be a wise move to do so.
    Second point: Poe Dameron. He's useless. The only reason you put him in the Zeta Finn team was the exposes and turn meter reduction on his special. Now, with the Finn Rework, that turn mater reduction is not as useful as it once was, so now Poe will only be used for the mass exposes. When will Poe get his rework that makes him viable? His leadership? Useless compared to JTR/Zfinn. His basic? Bad. I've already discussed the special. His unique? Again, the only reason he was used in a Zeta Finn team - now pretty bad also. It wouldn't go too far to have Poe get a rework that makes him useable outside the Zeta Finn team.

He has a ship...
  • DarthNosfi wrote: »
    We will see how it will affect the RESI team but NO ZETA REFUNDATION is ABSURD!

lol what.
    Refund is fine, but if zFinn performs better then you need triple amount mats to zeta it back?
  • Why can’t traya just gain like 1% tm whenever she takes damage under topple? Then no worries about the cls team and increasing tenacity being an issue
  • He is now in all essence for any non cp3o user pointless, the zeta ability as it was made the teams even low geared viable for atleast tw pvp, the new zeta is not that.

How about just refunding zetas instead ? its getting bad with all these useless zetas cause you have to remake your game several times due to introducing newer OP characters or mechanics.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DarkHelmet wrote: »
    Kyno I’m on a relatively new shard, and the top 50 is already flooded with Revan so arguing that point is moot. Nobody is chasing the old meta.

As I said, not top end arena, and other PvP content.

I was responding to me saying they have have been changed and will not be the team they used to be, and having a dev quote saying they didnt expect a "drastic change in PvP", there is a reason they would say that. Not every PvP interaction is with Revan, and they seem to be saying that this will still be the case in many areas.

Also, how many shards have opened since the first run of revan, I would imagine that not many in those shards have revan. The player base is big, there are layering in the 1000s in many shards, new shards all the time.

I'm not trying to support the decision,just explain that when many of us talk about the effects of these changes and how the "devs dont have perspective", that sometimes we are the ones with the limited perspective, but also the most effected. I'm not saying that makes it right or wrong, just explaining that there are still a % of the community that are not in the particular situation that has been drastically effected.
  • Friends, they didn’t destroy ZFinn. If you have rey, are you even using him? Besides vs first order in TW. He’ll still do damage, he’ll grant less Tm to your team but he removes it from the enemy and ramps damage up so what’s the rush to judgment? Let’s see how it goes. Frankly, I think it sounds interesting.
  • Cg please read this leave Finn alone the game is absolutely fine the way it is right know without you messing with it oh welll there's a loop it makes the game less time consuming and in my opinion there should be a lot more especially in haat PLEASE STOP WHAT YOUR DOING IN LEAVE FINN ALONE
  • EA is unbelievable. You should hire people to see if they find people outside that cognitive bubble.

It was to do the Traya and why not the HAAT gain shift meter when they suffer damage by exposure, and one hour they would gain 100% of shift meter and they would act, preventing the Loop, something like 10% shift for the Boss by damage that comes with exposure.

It would be more appropriate to give some bonus in the Sith raid for the Rogue One team, which would be the other affected and life that follows.

They prefer to destroy a very established mechanic that the ZFinn and the resistance could knock down anything in the attack.

You must live in some swearing-free zone, where only compliments and beautiful words can be said. They make foolish mistakes and do not understand the fury of the community.

I repeat leave the bubble, gather information on the preferences of the community. Take random players and see what they think of measures because whoever approves of these wrong decisions is certainly an incompetent who lives in a circle of self-praise.

I have nothing to gain or lose from it, since I did not put the zeta on Finn.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Lets look at what this new kit does

>You need a squad of 5 resistance toons (good luck!)
    >15% TM gain to all resistance allies on hitting an exposed target
    >25% TM loss on target enemy depending on potency-tenacity check

I think the implication here is also that your TM gain and removal decreases each time a resistance ally is killed during battle so it keeps getting worse as the battle goes on

It also removes synergy with other toons that deal expose since the TM gain/loss is more significant

It would be more fun and thematic if *Determination* increased potency and tenacity when teammates died or debuffs applied - to a point

His leader ability doesn't specify active allies. Some abilities constantly check for ally status, but others (usually leader abilities) just check when the encounter starts. @CG_TopHat can we get a clarification, please? Will Finn's leader ability get weaker as other Resistance allies die off?

Sorry bro they are to busy thinking of new ways to ruin the game to respond.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Does the rework beat Revan?

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

So, the question is, does the new Finn beat Revan?

no. they are too fast and will resist TMR.

even against FO, it looks questionable due to the speed they have.

Right, though, here's what CG said:

"These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence. With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. Determination goes a long way in making this a reality, as it provides not only an additional means of spreading damage around the team by providing Finn with the ability to Taunt, but also grants him Retribution which can give him a few free hits to ramp up damage on his basic ability. While these changes haven’t brought the Resistance squad into the current competitive meta, they can more handily dispose of teams such as Kylo Ren (Unmasked)-led First Order and General Kenobi-led Jedi."

My sole interest in ZFinn is pvp, giving me a somewhat reliable and fast way of beating Revan.

It seems that does drastically change his pvp performance. And it's not just against "one team".

There is more to PvP than arena. There are more teams used in PvP content than Revan.

so changing the interaction with a single (or 2 teams) is not a drastic change to their PvP performance.

I dont see him getting enough hits to make the bonus damage mean anything. I also dont see the TM gain against revan being enough to counter all the speed and TM gain on a revan team.

I could be wrong about FO, but to get it going before you only needed Poe to be faster, now you will probably need more speed in general. so while it may be doable, its likely going to need changes to the whole team to be able to "handily dispose" of teams you could take down before.

IMHO

If Revan wasnt meta , you'd have a valid point , but changing the way a team interacts with the Meta , absolutely affects their pvp usage, im sorry.

I was replying to why they may be saying that this wont drastically change pvp. Not that it will not drastically change the current arena situation, because it's hard to see how it wont.

Finn is used in arena at many levels and not every shard is run by raven.

Not every shard is run by revan? Are you blind? Everything is run by revan and sadly everything is destroyed because of revan.

You do realize there are young shards, and on top of that players in the outer levels of arena using old metas still. I'm just trying to point out that not everything is about the top end of established shards.

Not trying to minimize the effect on revan PvP, just that there is more PvP content than just against Revan. Which is why they may not consider this a "drastic change to PvP".

You do realize that people at 1mil gp have revan right? It became the end all be all starter character because its so easy and effective to farm.

You do realize there are people below 1M GP, and also people that dont follow farming guides, right?
  • I want the zeta refunded since they changed it like the Daka with the Paper Zombe and the zBarriss thing. If they change it good or Bad they should refund it.
  • Next time someone finds a loop like Finn, he should not share on the forum. He should keep for himself so that noone nerf Finn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is all I'm interested in and I couldn't care less about Finn in raids (HAAT, srsly???).

Yes, I do have Revan and I think Revan mirror matches are probably the worst since I started playing this game, long ago.

"These changes do not drastically alter the performance of the Finn-led Resistance squad in PvP, but his changes do offer the team some additional utility and a slight improvement in their PvP presence. With ramping damage now present on Finn’s basic ability and his 2nd special ability, the longer he can stay alive and the more turns he can take, the more potent he becomes. Determination goes a long way in making this a reality, as it provides not only an additional means of spreading damage around the team by providing Finn with the ability to Taunt, but also grants him Retribution which can give him a few free hits to ramp up damage on his basic ability. While these changes haven’t brought the Resistance squad into the current competitive meta, they can more handily dispose of teams such as Kylo Ren (Unmasked)-led First Order and General Kenobi-led Jedi."

My sole interest in ZFinn is pvp, giving me a somewhat reliable and fast way of beating Revan.

It seems that does drastically change his pvp performance. And it's not just against "one team".

There is more to PvP than arena. There are more teams used in PvP content than Revan.

so changing the interaction with a single (or 2 teams) is not a drastic change to their PvP performance.

I dont see him getting enough hits to make the bonus damage mean anything. I also dont see the TM gain against revan being enough to counter all the speed and TM gain on a revan team.

I could be wrong about FO, but to get it going before you only needed Poe to be faster, now you will probably need more speed in general. so while it may be doable, its likely going to need changes to the whole team to be able to "handily dispose" of teams you could take down before.

IMHO

If Revan wasnt meta , you'd have a valid point , but changing the way a team interacts with the Meta , absolutely affects their pvp usage, im sorry.

I was replying to why they may be saying that this wont drastically change pvp. Not that it will not drastically change the current arena situation, because it's hard to see how it wont.

Not every shard is run by revan? Are you blind? Everything is run by revan and sadly everything is destroyed because of revan.

You do realize there are young shards, and on top of that players in the outer levels of arena using old metas still. I'm just trying to point out that not everything is about the top end of established shards.

Not trying to minimize the effect on revan PvP, just that there is more PvP content than just against Revan. Which is why they may not consider this a "drastic change to PvP".

You do realize that people at 1mil gp have revan right? It became the end all be all starter character because its so easy and effective to farm.

You do realize there are people below 1M GP, and also people that dont follow farming guides, right?

Seriously your argument is so weak...it goes to show the amount of stupidity there is on this forum. Bwlow 1 mil gp is relevant since when? Also dont follow farming guides? Its exactly those people who get revan who dont follow farming guides. Please just stop responding you trying to always explain the failure of cg and defending their **** actions starts to get annoying.

So dismissing players due to an arbitrary line in the sand you decide is not a weak argument?

Got it. Feel free not to respond.
  • Do you wish to "refund" the earned Traya shards and gear for placing higher in raids because of that "Z"?
    This here is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've heard so far. You need a guild to run a raid on a steady schedule, right? If you don't like how the current guild does things (e.g. allows zFinn in P3), find a guild that suits your needs.
  • As someone who zeta'd finn before c3p0 and in a guild still doing sith tier V, this rework just destroys the resistance team in my opinion. Aside from "hold the line", it seems everything else got bad. The new leadership makes it hard to get the expose train going, which I feel gives chance for enemy team to destroy the team before finn can get sufficient turns. 15% tm max is not enough when the tm removal in 1 enemy can be resisted. Yes, the 60% potency on leadership helps, but I already have him high potency anyways that I feel I am always at the 15% minimum resitance or very close to it. So this just opens up too many chances for the enemy team to stun or wipe out 1 resistance member (hence lowering tm gain even further) and zfinn teams just wont last too long for his basic to be useful. His new basic requires that you attack 1 target enemy 9 times to equal the damage output of attacking with basic from his old kit with the same number of attacks. I am just not aware of any pvp battles where finn would use basic attacks a total of 45 times to output same damage from basic in 5v5 situations or in any circumstances. I just dont see how this is an upgrade. I understand the infinite loop needs to be closed, but why destroy the entire faction in the process?
  • Padas wrote: »
    Zeta refunds should be given and the players should be allowed to reinvest it if they deem this new completely different kit worthy of their hard earned resources.

this
  • miguelfoo
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I’m ok with the decision to rework Finn leader ability and it’s good that the developers had improved the basic and special abilities to compensate the character and make him viable in game, buuuuut and it’s a big BUT, players must have zeta materials back!!!, there is no way to not refund zeta, the big benefits of the zeta has gone, and players deserve the chance to decide if they want to use the new reworked zeta in this character or not.

Besides all of this, we have the antecedent of Daka, players were refunded with z materials when the zombie was reworked and the zeta in Daka didn’t even be affected directly by this rework.
  • Everyone I know zetaed their finns to stay competitive in HAAT.
    Not refunding the zeta is a slap in the face.
  • Awesomite wrote: »
    There is a new CLS team that will take his place. CG didn’t fix anything.

CLS isn't an auto-loop at least, you need to play manually plus you need an under-geared 3PO without a specific skill omegad. Ridiculously, seems like the fix most of us wanted - Traya stacking tenacity during topple - would only make running the CLS team easier.
  • Refund zeta please, this change is madness!
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I used zFinn successfully multpile times to get rid of revan teams in ga/tw effectively and even in arena.Hes destroyed now.
    No, he isn't. Just because he won't be able to swing 38 million damage against Traya doesn't mean he's "destroyed." If you can't think of a use for a toon who looks like he'll be able to easily stack up in the 1000+% damage range against a raid boss, you aren't trying.
    Still not a he.
  • miguelfoo wrote: »
    it’s good that the developers had improved the basic and special abilities to compensate the character and make him viable in game.

His basic got nerfed too. You have to attack 1 enemy 9 times with the basic to have the same total output damage from 9 basic attacks in his old kit. How many instances are you aware where you attack and enemy with finn's basic 9 or more times?

• Maelice wrote: »
    With this change to Finn. Is it possible to finally get the veterans tagged as resistance?

This would be great. Along with my proposed changes in adding tenacity and potency with debuffs (to the team and enemies - careful with that cleanse), they would make a great team for tank
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

IMHO

Seriously your argument is so weak...it goes to show the amount of stupidity there is on this forum. Bwlow 1 mil gp is relevant since when? Also dont follow farming guides? Its exactly those people who get revan who dont follow farming guides. Please just stop responding you trying to always explain the failure of cg and defending their **** actions starts to get annoying.

So dismissing players due to an arbitrary line in the sand you decide is not a weak argument?

Got it. Feel free not to respond.

You are the one dismissing players who are not happy about the changes. You defend everything you are like the most obedient puppet of carrie. Your lack of understanding the game is weird, i bet you dont play the game you just repeat what carrie who should have been fired long ago says.

Please read back my entire conversation about this, I am not dismissing the players that are effected. I was replying to someone who quoted the dev saying it will not drastically change PvP (after I pointed out that it will not beat revan, and may have issues against Kru lead, unless the team is faster than it currently is where all you needed was Poe to be faster) and if as they say the will still be handily taking down many of the teams it's used to counter, then they are correct, it's not a drastic change. It seems to be a very direct change to how it interacts against a single team, but that's not drastic, even if it was one of the go to counters for that team.

I have been playing since early Dec of '15. Picked it up right after the release.
This discussion has been closed.