The Next P3 STR Solo - CLS Lead!

Prev13
Bulldog1205
3573 posts Member
edited March 2019
You can now solo P3 of the STR...but only if you haven’t upgraded your C3PO yet! Mine is too strong to solo, but here is your proof of concept video:

Note: you can still do over 20% with a max C3PO. But solo is not possible.

https://youtu.be/ru6MljIA6MI

Update: I was wrong it’s not possible. It’s just a complete pain in the rear. Nearly got it. Here is a 30 million run.

https://youtu.be/aptc7itbJxg
Post edited by Bulldog1205 on

Replies

• You shut your mouth sir. You shut it right now.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You shut your mouth sir. You shut it right now.

This one doesn’t work for me, I upgraded C3PO too much. I have nothing to lose 😂

(Side note: it does decent damage in another part of the raid too, where potency doesn’t matter. I’ll have that video tomorrow. But it’s not as crazy).
  • Why 3PO should not be upgraded? Explain please
  • You can now solo P3 of the STR...but only if you haven’t upgraded your C3PO yet! Mine is too strong to solo, but here is your proof of concept video:

Can you replace C3-PO with Hermit Yoda? He heals and only gives 25% Potency, buffs everyone which can’t be dispelled and is YODA.
  • Spooderham
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    itfxtn0ery82.png
    Also Honda can dispel, protect, Stealth, escape and won’t trigger anything from traya. The only problem I can see is that he isn’t a rebel
  • This is absolutely filthy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    This is hilarious. Closed testing isn't adequate but their business model is based around it.

So pathetic.
  • This won't work with hoda for a number of reasons...I question your understanding if you think it will.
  • So are they gonna nerf c3p0 or cls this time , lmfao
  • This is hilarious after the finn change. XD
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Spooderham wrote: »
    You can now solo P3 of the STR...but only if you haven’t upgraded your C3PO yet! Mine is too strong to solo, but here is your proof of concept video:

Can you replace C3-PO with Hermit Yoda? He heals and only gives 25% Potency, buffs everyone which can’t be dispelled and is YODA.

Are you high? I don't understand how that substitution could even occur to you
    So are they gonna nerf c3p0 or cls this time , lmfao

CLS teams can beat revan too, so expect to see the TM gain from his leader ability nerfed to '0.5% per rebel ally'
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    This won't work with hoda for a number of reasons...I question your understanding if you think it will.

Are you high? I don't understand how that substitution could even occur to you
    So are they gonna nerf c3p0 or cls this time , lmfao

CLS teams can beat revan too, so expect to see the TM gain from his leader ability nerfed to '0.5% per rebel ally'

Look, I know that as a non-rebel Hoda is less viable, but he is a half-alternative for people with CLS but not c3PO, the insanely difficult Ewok farm event, and also if they have maxed out C3PO’s Cyborg Relations. C3PO is obviously the better choice IF you have a choice. Hoda is also an all-year farm with use in Revan teams. I am obviously not high, you, on the other hand, are so high you probably called for the ZFinn nerf.
  • I would be very frustrated if that doesn't get fixed without screwing CLS up
  • Spooderham wrote: »

C3PO is crucial. He 1) inflicts multiple debuffs on his basic 2) makes it so Rebels inflict expose on their basics and 3) is a Rebel so he gains TM from CLS lead.
  • Otsego
    45 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    he knows that and just asked if hermit yoda can work too (of course to a much smaller outcome). I think the team is going nowhere without c3po.

C3PO is crucial. He 1) inflicts multiple debuffs on his basic 2) makes it so Rebels inflict expose on their basics and 3) is a Rebel so he gains TM from CLS lead.

by the way, with bb8 needed here to cut down the cooldown of c3po, he (bb8) can‘t be part of JTR’s P1 team. may the reworked Finn be fit for that spot ?
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
  • @Bulldog1205 Would SRP be better than Zolo in this scenario since he gives a guaranteed 15% TM gain to allies on Basic? And a possible 5% more from attempting to land Expose.

Zolo double shot would attempt to land 2 Expose so that’s only 10% TM gain?

• Golfdad641 wrote: »
    So why did they delete this orginal post

They didn't delete it, it was merged into the mega thread, it's on page 9. Please stop spamming other threads.
  • We will see lots of ragequits if CLS gets nerfed.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    @Bulldog1205 Would SRP be better than Zolo in this scenario since he gives a guaranteed 15% TM gain to allies on Basic? And a possible 5% more from attempting to land Expose.

Zolo double shot would attempt to land 2 Expose so that’s only 10% TM gain?

Possibly. I didn’t have him at the time (I do now thanks to the new ship meta). The downside is this is already slow, and removing Han is going to slow it down even more.

I also had some success using a low gear Bistan. With the cooldown reductions he can keep frenzy up permanently, and can give TM to Rebels when using it. Now that I have him nearly maxed as well I want to give him a try again. His potency unique hurts though.
  • And I guess I should add that dropping Han makes this a real pain to set up. He’s extremely good at taking out sabers, with his high damage, ability to hit through foresight, and his high damage special that is essential a free turn.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    LMAO

bulldog you absolute mad lad

You weren't kidding about another solo that doesn't rely on Finn
  • S
    Ultra wrote: »
    LMAO

You can see now why I waited. This wouldn’t be interesting if the Finn solo was still in play. Plus I was really hoping they took the community suggestion of stacking tenacity on Traya while downed. That would have made this so much better, because a strong C3PO could run it
  • S
    Ultra wrote: »
    LMAO

You can see now why I waited. This wouldn’t be interesting if the Finn solo was still in play. Plus I was really hoping they took the community suggestion of stacking tenacity on Traya while downed. That would have made this so much better, because a strong C3PO could run it

Makes me wonder if they actually saw this one and it’s why they avoided the stacking tenacity solution. But then I think, nahhh, no way CG would catch it...

Thanks again for sharing!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    A strong 3p0 could run it. Traya gets 50% stacking tenacity each time she is hit until she takes her next turn, so you just have to hit her 3 times before you topple her and she'll have +150% tenacity going into the topple, won't she?

Or does toppling her count as her taking a turn?

@Bulldog1205

EDIT: hit her 4 times and you wouldn't have to worry about secret intel spreading either, which frankly seems like a pain in the butt to not use ever.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Also, I've been thinking for some time that R2 and BB could probably be replaced with Rose and Pilot and end up with a higher p1 JTR score since there is potential for a full on tm lock once bb8 is out of the picture, especially using these 2 since they have their own tm gain effects.
  • "I found a way to solo the thing they said they don't want people to solo, and nerf characters over. BETTER TELL THE WHOLE INTERNET ABOUT IT."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator

Yoda doesn't reset cooldowns when he uses his basic. The whole thing is about Translation.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Happy to see this video this morning. Was waiting for it since the Mega last night.

One note to add on your commentary: I don't think Chirpatine could ever solo p3 of tank. Palp triggers the tm gain from Furious Foe (as well as the counters and subsequent tm gain). So I believe there was a damage cap of around 2 million.

The first HAAT p3 Solo team that I remember was something like Thrawn, Krennic, Shore, TFP and Jyn. I think it took close to 3 hours to solo. Later I think ewoks with Wicket could do it. But these were whale only teams, as Krennic and Shore were on single hard nodes when refresh price was double and you only got 3 attempts.

Also I think one of the videos had a Jyn over 300 speed before g12 and mod slicing (and possibly before 100% drop rate on mod challenges? Certainly when mod store still charged crystals instead of ship credits).