Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• i want a zeta refund.
  • The kit doesn't seem like it will be on the same level though. I regularly use Finn in GA and TW to take out all kinds of teams - Revan, Traya, FO, EP, Ewoks... It gives me a lot of flexibility. The boost to the kit doesn't seem to compensate the loss of TM gain and I can't see them (Res & Co) having the same impact as before.
    That's the point of changing things. Changed things are different. If things were fine without changing them, they would not be changed.

But now, Finn is a unit. Not just a lead. And he has the potential to stack enormous amounts of damage.

That a not-particularly-well-geared Finn team could, as long as they land and pop an Expose quickly, dovetail into an infinite loop that melts the entire much more powerful team without them getting a turn against almost anything that doesn't have a specific counter is not healthy design.

You used it in a way that was obviously hella broken, and CG fixed the exploit.
    Still not a he.
  • BTW, 25 omegas sell for about 3000 crystals in the weekly shop. Based on $100 pack pricing (17000 crystals) this is roughly 15$. Most of the gear on the list is sold in the crystal shop too. With this change CG would actually be perpetrating theft unless they refund all of the items that cost $$. I would say total value of dmg is about $50 (plus 20 priceless zeta mats) multiplied by however many players are effected. Someone should launch class action law suit on CG.
    No, it isn't. Check your license agreement. The game is subject to change and rebalancing at any time, and you still have the Finn zeta.

You have lost nothing. They have stolen nothing.
    Still not a he.
  • BTW, 25 omegas sell for about 3000 crystals in the weekly shop. Based on $100 pack pricing (17000 crystals) this is roughly 15$. Most of the gear on the list is sold in the crystal shop too. With this change CG would actually be perpetrating theft unless they refund all of the items that cost $$. I would say total value of dmg is about $50 (plus 20 priceless zeta mats) multiplied by however many players are effected. Someone should launch class action law suit on CG.

If you have zetaed Finn after C3P0 event you have stolen from others who did not exploit the bug. Should they have launch proceedings against you and others like you? Should CG remove everything you have gained during this time?

Before C3P0 there were no Finns in meta report and now they are 2% of leaders there and I expect that this number will go back to normal.
  • Gryf wrote: »
    Wow... So many people complaining about the Finn changes and not being refunded the zeta. :/ Look, if you don't like the current changes to his kit and zeta, you shouldn't have put that zeta on him two years ago in the first place!

What?????????

I was joking and coming at this from CG's point of view
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    BTW, 25 omegas sell for about 3000 crystals in the weekly shop. Based on $100 pack pricing (17000 crystals) this is roughly 15$. Most of the gear on the list is sold in the crystal shop too. With this change CG would actually be perpetrating theft unless they refund all of the items that cost $$. I would say total value of dmg is about $50 (plus 20 priceless zeta mats) multiplied by however many players are effected. Someone should launch class action law suit on CG.

If you have zetaed Finn after C3P0 event you have stolen from others who did not exploit the bug. Should they have launch proceedings against you and others like you? Should CG remove everything you have gained during this time?

Before C3P0 there were no Finns in meta report and now they are 2% of leaders there and I expect that this number will go back to normal.

I zetad Finn long ago and don't plan on using him anymore. I'd much rather have that zeta back to place on someone I plan on using moving forward
  • I exploited nothing and would just like my investment back
  • My zFinn/C3PO squad just failed miserably on HAAT. Been running P2-4 on auto since C3PO first dropped. I only got through 1/2 of P2 in tonight’s raid. Is the nerf in place already?

I saw some kind of update today that was like 1mb.

Still if the nerf is in effect finn should have new skills...
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Just refund the zeta. Its simple. It is easy. Just Refund the zeta. I will be posting this every 24hours into this mass thread of them ignoring our feedback as they usually do.

I mean what, are they still just gonna keep trying to protect a now outdated Raid because it is already really old and should be entirely soloable by now?

CLS can still solo p3. Is CLS gonna be nerfed? Will the nerfs not stop until even the whiteknights who kiss you even when your trash turn against you?

What’s the team for CLS to solo p3?

• Im sorry for those who have zetaed finn before and i think they should be refound..

After saying this, i think the new kit is awesome.

I mean, i always knew i wouldnt use finn as a leader once a get jtr, so i didnt zetaed his leader.

Now i have him gear XII and i was starting to farm RT to replace him in my resistance team, but with this new kit finn is awesome and i dont need rt anymore.

He get taunt, heals the team and hit like a truck in the raid.

So beside the leader ability, this toon just got WAY better.

Well done devs !
  • I’m not going to knock it till I try it. But I do think 5% tm gain per resistance ally would be better to help keep that head start on offense, especially since the tmr will be resisted.
  • I have a zeta Finn just with the upcoming rework I will never use it and have zeta remorse. I promise to use the refunded zeta on anything useful outside of a leadership ability if refunded
  • CG design team is really bad, unfortunately there's nothing new. Also they are not able to hear the community feedback, the people said "please don't touch Finn" and then, guess what? They did.
    They are REALLY, REALLY bad.
    Now I can understand why there are so many people selling accounts on Facebook and forums.
  • My zFinn/C3PO squad just failed miserably on HAAT. Been running P2-4 on auto since C3PO first dropped. I only got through 1/2 of P2 in tonight’s raid. Is the nerf in place already?

That can happen now and then. I’ve had it happen. On auto sometimes they don’t end up killing all the gun turrets and toppling. Then they can’t clear it.
  • CG_TopHat said..

"We think this should resolve the Finn-Threepio interaction moving forward. As our internal testing has shown that Finn matches or exceeds where he was prior to C-3PO's launch and we expect the community to push him even further, we have no intention of refunding the zeta associated with him. We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change."
  • Wiggensbog wrote: »
    I mean.. have you even tested it yourself yet? How can you be so sure it isn't good if you haven't even played with it yet?
    Clearly they put a lot of time into this so we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what their plans are and have a reason for intentionally changing finn instead of the raid.
    Patience will go a long way, young one.

They also put a lot of time into the str and look how many nerfs we've had because of it

Point of least resistance. Rework Raid vs Reworking a Hero. Hero is quicker.

And as a result we've had a series of nerfs and reworks instead of addressing the actual problem
    My point with that remark was that just because they've sunk time into something doesn't make it the best solution

I think the problem wasn't pressing until it effected Revan squads. But I pretty much agree with you.
  • CG_TopHat said..

"We think this should resolve the Finn-Threepio interaction moving forward. As our internal testing has shown that Finn matches or exceeds where he was prior to C-3PO's launch and we expect the community to push him even further, we have no intention of refunding the zeta associated with him. We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change."

Didn’t see/read the whole thread. Thank you for the help. Been a long day. Cheers and thank you once again
  • The issue being overlooked by the devs is, returning a zeta is good PR. All refusing to will acomplish is widening the gap between themselves and the players, reducing their trust in the devs judgement and ability to deliver a stable product. On a studio level the effort involved in returning the zeta seems unproductive, and un-neccessary. To their superiors, at EA, they will see it as the cost of doing business.
  • Wow now I look like a drunk. Shame on me.
  • Wait no I don’t, yes I’ve been drinking and it’s been a really long day
    Gryf wrote: »
    Wow... So many people complaining about the Finn changes and not being refunded the zeta. :/ Look, if you don't like the current changes to his kit and zeta, you shouldn't have put that zeta on him two years ago in the first place!

What?????????

I was hoping that, but lately the forum has been nuts

What?????????

I was hoping that, but lately the forum has been nuts

I hear you,there bro!
  • Jclem wrote: »
    Im sorry for those who have zetaed finn before and i think they should be refound..

I mean, i always knew i wouldnt use finn as a leader once a get jtr, so i didnt zetaed his leader.

Now i have him gear XII and i was starting to farm RT to replace him in my resistance team, but with this new kit finn is awesome and i dont need rt anymore.

Well done devs !

So you say how much better this has made Finn, but it isn't even active yet. 😁 I kinda think you're level 60 or so and don't even have zetas available yet. Either that or you're just trolling
    Jclem wrote: »
    Im sorry for those who have zetaed finn before and i think they should be refound..

Well done devs !

So you say how much better this has made Finn, but it isn't even active yet. 😁 I kinda think you're level 60 or so and don't even have zetas available yet. Either that or you're just trolling

So you say how much worse this has made finn, but it isnt even active yet. Hmmmmm....
  • Finn was one of my first zetas and g12 on light side and then jtr happened and Finn went on the farm team. I’m still trying to find him a spot on one of my fluff tw teams
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Jclem wrote: »

Well done devs !

So you say how much worse this has made finn, but it isnt even active yet. Hmmmmm....

One is speculation, the other is a flat out lie. Figure it out and get back to me, sweetheart
This discussion has been closed.