Not setting defenses GA

Prev1
Laz
190 posts Member
Just wondering if they have said anything about potential remedies for people not setting defenses in GA? I had a chance to move up some spots during my last round, but because my opponent didn’t set up any teams, I can’t score.

Replies

• Same, seems like a loophole that auto defense placement will solve, but it isn't working currently.
  • You won, so you will have moved up a spot. Or at least not dropped down a prize bracket
  • The only way you can lose is if both you and your opponent fail to set defenses, and his GP was higher at the player lock. In that case, the tie breaker will go to your opponent.

If you set defenses and your opponent doesn't, you will win. It's mathematically impossible to lose.
  • Another thread about this..... yahhh up to what 50 now...awesome..... you won get over it
  • Laz wrote: »
    Just wondering if they have said anything about potential remedies for people not setting defenses in GA? I had a chance to move up some spots during my last round, but because my opponent didn’t set up any teams, I can’t score.

U won.
    Same, seems like a loophole that auto defense placement will solve, but it isn't working currently.

It is working as intended as i have tested it this GA. It only sets what you last set in this round of GA, so you have to set in round 1. I don’t think they will ever roll out a random auto deploy because in cases where someone really forgets to deploy, the least he could do is get some fun out of attacking, but he wont win the round.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Another thread about this..... yahhh up to what 50 now...awesome..... you won get over it

I really don’t get why there are so many whiners over this. It’s free gear and mats.
  • People talk about this as if all their rivals were defenseless. I have never found any. If you ever find one, thank him for your free zeta and move on.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Another thread about this..... yahhh up to what 50 now...awesome..... you won get over it

I really don’t get why there are so many whiners over this. It’s free gear and mats.

Can't speak for others, but it irritates me because I want to try out new teams in GA for use in TW. See also - when someone doesn't attack!
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Can't speak for others, but it irritates me because I want to try out new teams in GA for use in TW. See also - when someone doesn't attack!

Use the gw. Its not our job to provide you with theory craft opportunities.

Use the gw. Its not our job to provide you theory craft opportunities.

You said you didn't know something, I provided you with an answer.

Soz.
    CHFC22 wrote: »

Soz.

Nope i didn't, maybe someone else did, my point still stands , not my job to provide you with theorycraft opportunities

Soz.

Nope i didn't, maybe someone else did, my point still stands , not my job to provide you with theorycraft opportunities

I misread.

Soz. Again. Slightly more heartfelt this time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Same, seems like a loophole that auto defense placement will solve, but it isn't working currently.

It is working as intended as i have tested it this GA. It only sets what you last set in this round of GA, so you have to set in round 1. I don’t think they will ever roll out a random auto deploy because in cases where someone really forgets to deploy, the least he could do is get some fun out of attacking, but he wont win the round.

They did roll out such an auto deploy. It was bugged, and they removed it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Laz wrote: »
    The win/loss number is the only score that matters.
    People talk about this as if all their rivals were defenseless. I have never found any. If you ever find one, thank him for your free zeta and move on.
    I *finally* found someone who didn’t set defenses in the third round of this GA. Can I tell you what I thought when I finally ran across one? “Hooray! Free stuff!” I lost my first two rounds fair and square—I may be the only 4m player without Revan, but I don’t just roll over.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Galactic war? Really?

Whoops. Wrong quote, but my indignation still stands

Galactic war? Really?

Whoops. Wrong quote, but my indignation still stands

And? So does mine , that you think i should have to do anything to make your gameplay more interesting.
  • As long as the GA is only based on GP I will only set D and never attack.

Please do not tell me how to play or enjoy this game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    As long as the GA is only based on GP I will only set D and never attack.

Please do not tell me how to play or enjoy this game.

Well if you don't mind holding yourself back, sure, knock yourself out. But you might as well go for quest completion. The rewards are pretty great.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Well this thread is starting to circle the drain and as there are passionate people on both sides of the arguement, its probably not gonna end well.

Bottom line, things are unlikely to change until CG themselves make changes to how the game mode works. As the playerbase or individual players will do whatever they consider best for themselves and have X arguments for that.

Personally I think this game mode should reward active particpation and again personally, I do not consider clicking the join button and then doing nothing for the entire tourmanent to be enough active participation.

To elevate some of the frustrations for players with a no defence opponent, give an extra credit reward for setting a defensive team. Say half of what you would get for defeating an opponents team. Also give a bonus for clearing a territory, possibly what you would get for defeating a team.

At least then it may make people want to set some defenses and if you log in and see boom, boom, boom & boom after waiting for 24 hours, it at least gives you something because lets face it the GA rewards are mostly meh for the time put in.

This will of course do nothing to help quest progression but that wont change until CG do something about this themselves
  • The problem with GA is in the matchmaking.

If a player sees an opponent’s roster is significantly stronger that theirs some just won’t bother and I can understand why.

Matching on GP alone creates horribly imbalanced matches. Especially for longer term players who were encrouaged to farm wide to boost their GP.

Something is wrong when you’d be better off not participating in the majority of the marquee events (apart from those needed for the legendaries) because it inflates GP giving you a harder match.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Try em out the other two matches croc T

If a player sees an opponent’s roster is significantly stronger that theirs some just won’t bother and I can understand why.

Matching on GP alone creates horribly imbalanced matches. Especially for longer term players who were encrouaged to farm wide to boost their GP.

Something is wrong when you’d be better off not participating in the majority of the marquee events (apart from those needed for the legendaries) because it inflates GP giving you a harder match.

It doesn't, or shouldn't keep you from doing marquee events..... You can do the marquee, get the shards and not activate the character .....
  • Well this thread is starting to circle the drain and as there are passionate people on both sides of the arguement, its probably not gonna end well.

Bottom line, things are unlikely to change until CG themselves make changes to how the game mode works. As the playerbase or individual players will do whatever they consider best for themselves and have X arguments for that.

Personally I think this game mode should reward active particpation and again personally, I do not consider clicking the join button and then doing nothing for the entire tourmanent to be enough active participation.

To elevate some of the frustrations for players with a no defence opponent, give an extra credit reward for setting a defensive team. Say half of what you would get for defeating an opponents team. Also give a bonus for clearing a territory, possibly what you would get for defeating a team.

At least then it may make people want to set some defenses and if you log in and see boom, boom, boom & boom after waiting for 24 hours, it at least gives you something because lets face it the GA rewards are mostly meh for the time put in.

This will of course do nothing to help quest progression but that wont change until CG do something about this themselves

You do get a bonus for setting D. Flags. And against an oponent who sets no D. A win. Each win gurantees a new pay out bracket.

You do get a bonus for setting D. Flags. And against an oponent who sets no D. A win. Each win gurantees a new pay out bracket.

Well I'm not sure that counts as a bonus tbh, its just the standard reward for being pitted against someone who does not put down and defences (for whatever reason)

To me, this game mode should reward more active participation, so for those people that do put down defence, look at attacking options and prepare to actively take part in this game mode, they should get a little something more
  • So you want rewards based on effort?

That would take more code than it takes to launch a rocket into space.

Busting your balls mate.

I personally have never seen no defense. And wish i would. Im a TB built account, so im regularly losing GA.
  • lol. I hardly think that implementing the small bonus rewards I mentioned in my earlier post would need quite as much code as you are stating

Though I don't know what the current state of NASA or the space program is, maybe you could be right

I unfortunately have encountered no defense on several occasions and it is a great let down when you do want to use your roster and fight other people, win or lose
  • I only set a defense in the final round to keep from being in absolute last place. I hate GA but will not pass up on rewards for minimal effort. This game already takes up too much of my time to be bothered with parts of it I don't enjoy. Some people forget that this is a mobile game meant to kill some free time. I've spent less time in W.o.W. raiding than trying to do all the tasks in this game just to maintain the status quo.

You should never not do a marquee event. I got sick of them and skipped the ones for Bastilla and Jolee, and I am still regretting it.

• Same, seems like a loophole that auto defense placement will solve, but it isn't working currently.

I dont want an auto defense placed. Im a played with a weak roster and prefer to win without my opponent having placed defenses than cant pass through defenses he didnt even bothered to place.