Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Just refund the zeta. Its simple. It is easy. Just Refund the zeta. I will be posting this every 24hours into this mass thread of them ignoring our feedback as they usually do.

I mean what, are they still just gonna keep trying to protect a now outdated Raid because it is already really old and should be entirely soloable by now?

CLS can still solo p3. Is CLS gonna be nerfed? Will the nerfs not stop until even the whiteknights who kiss you even when your trash turn against you?

What’s the team for CLS to solo p3?

It's a secret until they finish nerfing Finn.
    Nobody post it here! 😜

Bulldog1205 posted the vid on YouTube

Haha yeah, cats already out of the bag on this one, Just a matter of time for people to catch on now.

The best part is.

The whole C3PO is actually better not geared for it. Also not omega'd.

Paper C3po time! Look at what you have done CG! You have brought a paper toon back and punished people once again for overgearing and leveling a toon all because you didn't just simply want to fix the raid or just leave it be! :D
  • Capwit
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I'd like a zeta refund for this. Maybe the character has improved overall, but I don't even have c3po, so I don't see how I shouldn't get a choice in an investment I've made that has nothing to do with an issue that the devs engineered. There were other ways to go about this, and I appreciate the quality game you put out and the thought put into it, but that being said it requires a lot of patience and decisiveness to obtain and allocate zeta materials! I feel that not giving us the choice to get this zeta returned, especially being that the precedent has already been set with barriss and daka (who wasn't even the character who was changed at the time, zombie was changed and you gave us the daka zeta back). I'll be totally fine with it if we're presented the choice, but as of now I, and a large portion of the community from what I see, have a bad taste in our mouths.
    @CG_Carrie
    @CG_TopHat
    @CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_Leviathan
    Post edited by Capwit on
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.
    They said as soon as they discovered the loop that they were going to change it to not work. If you put a zeta on Finn knowing that he was going to be nerfed, that is on you.

@Droideka they announced they were going to announce a solution somewhere around a month and a half ago. Finn was my very first zeta circa 2 years ago. Maybe if you went out and grabbed it since new years it's your own fault, but to the rest of us who have long since crossed that bridge we should be presented the choice. I don't even have 3po. When time travel is at my disposal I'll be sure to clue myself in, but in the meantime I'm with this gentleman you're mocking, break us off that zeta.

• you think an infinite loop of phase 3 is cheating? What about chexmix and greedomix. you have to start over 100 times to get the right result. Enervating, gaming experience = 0. We were happy to have this loop for the most horrible phase.
  • You guys want your zeta? Stop buying crystals for 6 months. They’ll soon crap their pants and give you what they want.
  • Refund our zeta, so that we can decide to put it back on him or using it elsewhere, please!
  • RIP zFinn
  • loolic wrote: »
    you think an infinite loop of phase 3 is cheating? What about chexmix and greedomix. you have to start over 100 times to get the right result. Enervating, gaming experience = 0. We were happy to have this loop for the most horrible phase.
    If you don't want to use Chex/Greedo, fine.

Then use Aurra hunters, Revan, Deathstorm, Troopers, ROLO. Heck, probably new Finn, with that stacking takedown damage. Or wildly reduce the RNG involved in Chex with extra gear on Pao and Chewie in place of Chirrut. You have options.

Thing about Chex is, you may have to retry a couple dozen times, but an attempt is about twenty seconds, and when it goes off, it does a full battle's worth of damage in under a minute.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The kit doesn't seem like it will be on the same level though. I regularly use Finn in GA and TW to take out all kinds of teams - Revan, Traya, FO, EP, Ewoks... It gives me a lot of flexibility. The boost to the kit doesn't seem to compensate the loss of TM gain and I can't see them (Res & Co) having the same impact as before.
    That's the point of changing things. Changed things are different. If things were fine without changing them, they would not be changed.

But now, Finn is a unit. Not just a lead. And he has the potential to stack enormous amounts of damage.

That a not-particularly-well-geared Finn team could, as long as they land and pop an Expose quickly, dovetail into an infinite loop that melts the entire much more powerful team without them getting a turn against almost anything that doesn't have a specific counter is not healthy design.

You used it in a way that was obviously hella broken, and CG fixed the exploit.

What you say would maybe make sense if the changes were motivated by this "broken" behavior in PVP but CG knew about it from day one and as far as they were concerned it was WAI so your argument is invalid.
  • His leader ability is completely different, it's no longer the leader ability that I zeta'd and it's only fair to refund his zeta and let us choose if we want to zeta his new leader ability. I put my zeta on Finn years ago well before this c3po interaction and never thought in a million years they would change Finns kit because of an interaction with the new shiny thing.. pathetic EA/CG.. I really hope you make this right.
  • What annoys me most is that they (like always) try to sell us a change for the worse as an "improvement". It´s OK that they do not want a team that can solo a whole phase of the sith raid. But those massive changes to Finn are by no means necessary to prevent that.

First of all, on the whole it isn´t even an impovement in the raids. Yes, Finn does huge damage after the change in the HAAT, but at the moment he can solo the whole HAAT (most parts on full auto) and I doubt that zFinn will still be able to do that after the change. So a change to the worse there.
    OK, he can now solo the rancor. But who needed that?
    And that he can do some big damage in P3 of the sith raid then is nice, but for sure not as usefull as a team that can solo the HAAT mostly on auto (especially if you consider, that you will most likely need RT for that P3 team, who is already part of the P1 JTR team).

But the most terrible thing about it is that zFinn will then be significantly worse in PvP. zFinn/Han/Chewie/RT/C3PO were able to beat Revan, Traya, Bastila, Nightsister, Rebels and many more. This team will then not work any more. To make it even worse, even the classic zFinn/Poe/RT/RP+1 team was at least able to beat teams like Traya, Ewoks, Scoundrels, First Order and many more. I am pretty sure they will not be able to beat traya any more and perhaps struggle against many other teams now. So where is the "slight improvement in their PvP presence"? That they will be able to beat FO and (nowadays not very common) GK teams? They were able to beat those teams before, so where is the "improvement"? They will be worse in PvP and when CG tries to tell us there will be a "slight improvement" it is nonsense. They turn one of the best offensive teams in GA/TW into a mediocre b or even c team.

On top of that, to keep the team at least somehow usefull, many of us will have to invest further in that team. You will need more gear now to be successful and you will need other and perhaps better mods. Plus you need 5 resistance characters now. Many of us who have JTR too may not have enough resistance characters farmed and geared to run two resistance teams in TW/GA. So they force us to invest into a nerfed team and even after that investment it will be worse than before. This can´t be true.

I do not know why some in here like the change. No matter what CG tries to tell us, it is for sure no improvement. They ruin the team in PvP and turn it into a raid teams nobody needs.

I don´t want my zeta back. I want the zFinn team back that did great work for me in arena/raids/TW/GA in the last 1 1/2 years. Fix p3 of the sith raid, but do not "fix" Finns leadership. There is nothing to be fixed. And stop telling us, it is an "improvement".
  • What you say would maybe make sense if the changes were motivated by this "broken" behavior in PVP but CG knew about it from day one and as far as they were concerned it was WAI so your argument is invalid.
    No. No, it is not invalid.

A potential problem can last for a long time before it becomes an actual problem. The Finn/Poe/RT triangle was manageable. Good, but not gamebreaking. Working as intended with existing assets.

The problem was that it was one reliable expose source away from breaking in half. In a faction built half around Expose. You can go a long time with that issue outstanding, but eventually, the bill comes due. "Existing assets" have to change. The Resistance faction has to grow, and the design corner Finn creates stops being acceptable. If it wasn't 3PO, then it would have been Kaz, or old Lando, or Jedi Grandmaster Therm Scissorpunch.

The bill came due. The problem was fixed. And we can all move on.
    Still not a he.
  • Finn is completely broken now. I waited to test it out first. I tried it in tw against a team that i hade far more superior mods ang got waxed. pretty disgusting when stuff like this happens. This was a team i used every tw and ga with consistency and now is completely worthless. Cg @CG_TopHat you guys have been doing great for the most part but you got this one wrong imo. I would have rather you guys changed c3p0...... at least give us the opportunity to repurpose the zeta.

How did you "test" it in TW, while the changes are not live yet?!?! zFinn hasn't changed yet.
    2 choices here:
    - either you are BSing... and this didn't happen.
    - or you simply failed your TW attack with zFinn, and are trying to blame it on something other than the simple fact that you failed.
  • Ontaelio
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What you say would maybe make sense if the changes were motivated by this "broken" behavior in PVP but CG knew about it from day one and as far as they were concerned it was WAI so your argument is invalid.

A potential problem can last for a long time before it becomes an actual problem. The Finn/Poe/RT triangle was manageable. Good, but not gamebreaking. Working as intended with existing assets.

The problem was that it was one reliable expose source away from breaking in half. In a faction built half around Expose. You can go a long time with that issue outstanding, but eventually, the bill comes due. "Existing assets" have to change. The Resistance faction has to grow, and the design corner Finn creates stops being acceptable. If it wasn't 3PO, then it would have been Kaz, or old Lando, or Jedi Grandmaster Therm Scissorpunch.

(edit) even if you're right the zeta should be refunded just because it was invested in the ability that's no longer there. But I really doubt they're thinking along your lines, you go too deep.

Post edited by Ontaelio on
  • Please rollback Finn’s nerf asap
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We look forward to your feedback on this proposed change.

Ah, why, thank you very much indeed. I have some feedback if you please, @CG_Carrie

(disclaimer: I have neither the new shiny robot nor JTR, so when I'm talking about the 'zFinn squad' I mean the old school one relying solely on him, Poe and RT)

1) Please reconsider this awful change. Finn is an old character that never was meta-breaking or anything. He had some fame as a lockpick for GW, now he sees some play in multi-squad efforts like TB, TW, and TA. The problem with your precious HSTR arises from the real broken characters, that is, the new robot and raid Traya. Please fix _them_ without wasting one of the few good old characters. In fact, you're changing him into something completely new, and, knowing the extent of your 'inner testing', how long do you think it will take for the community to abuse this new version of him? Like they did with almost every new character you released recently.

2) Refund Finn zetas. That is obvious - you're removing the reason we zetaed him long ago, we need to reevaluate the new him. I for one zetaed him long ago for GW and now use him in TW and TA, the new version is useless as a leader, so I'm short one squad. I'd put that zeta on Jyn to get at least a mediocre squad in place of my moderately good one. The refund is obvious here. And yes, I understand you do this because you do not expect a flow of people requesting a monetary refund from Google and AppStore over this (unlike Daka), but be decent, really.

3) Also please, please stop this marketing **** about 'not having an impact on PvP'. With these words, you insult older players and mislead newer ones.

Thanks for asking.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie refund zeta now. While your at it refund gmy leader too. Unacceptable

Yeah, let's go down to the local gas station while we're at it, and demand a refund for the gas we wasted that one time. People...

Good comparison....not

You want a refund for something that you've used, and now want to use again. Yes, it is a good comparison, kid from the 80's. Such entitled freakin people. It kills me.
  • Thanks for the middle finger @CG_Carrie
  • Ontaelio wrote: »
    For some reason, you continue to show your inexperience with this game. zFinn was never a 'problem'. What he did was a TM-gain loop that was achievable ONLY manually and ONLY against decent, but not top squads. Generally, to make it work you had to mod Poe to maximum speed, and his basic speed is not exactly record-breaking, so no, no way zFinn squad can beat a 300-speed Revan. This 'bah-roken' 'combo' generally saw some use in TW when they weren't simmable, and, lately, in TB, TW and TA as an attacking B-squad to clean up some lesser opposition. It never was meta-breaking or anything, as it falls like a brick on defense. A 'problem' indeed.

The 'problem' is with this new golden robot abomination, but do they fix that? Hell no, that's where the money is.
    I'm quite aware of how Finn has historically worked, and no. No, C-3PO is not the problem with Finn. Finn is the problem with Finn.

Prior to C- 3PO, Finn was always an incredible lead with very bad tools.

Take the lead out of the equation, and look at the tools Finn was working with. His own kit was pretty bad. That stun every other turn was the best he had to offer. Damage and bulk are pretty underwhelming. His other special doesn't do much. Just not much there. Resistance Trooper is niche, but at least good at his niche. And then there's pilot, who's just bad, and maybe someone to toss an AoE.

To put the quality of the units at play here into perspective, other than the AoE user and arguably Resistance Trooper, if you take Finn's lead out of the equation, all of them have a worse kit than the famously underwhelming Rose Tico.

These units are bad. And the reason they work is because Finn's lead was completely insane. Pop one expose. Gain a total of 175% turn meter and reduce everyone's cooldowns. Add in RT's unique and it's over 200% if you're reapplying. Like, say, with RT's basic. That's absurd.

C-3PO has very little to do with Finn breaking in and of himself. What he brings is access to good units who can expose. Everything else about C-3PO is gravy.

What C-3PO does with Finn is not about the novel that is his kit. It lets Finn access good tools. Units who can expose while not being plain bad units. Of the next four units after Finn got his zeta, the only one who can expose outside a leader ability is BB-8 when he summons Exodia.

The problem is that with Finn's lead working the old way, CG can never add an actual, good unit who engages significantly with Expose as a mechanic. In a faction where expose is nominally their main mechanic. From a design perspective, Finn is the problem, and if his lead doesn't change, CG is going to be hamstrung expanding the Resistance faction for Star Wars: Resistance and Episode 9 unless they just veer off in an entirely different direction with Resistance toons who don't bother with Expose and instead do entirely different stuff.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Marv0469 wrote: »

First of all, on the whole it isn´t even an impovement in the raids. Yes, Finn does huge damage after the change in the HAAT, but at the moment he can solo the whole HAAT (most parts on full auto) and I doubt that zFinn will still be able to do that after the change. So a change to the worse there.

hmm the full auto on Haat may be gone

but ackbar CLS young han bb8 finn (drop hoda) "might" take away some of the RNG in part 2 where sometimes i beat it with 3 on the cooldown, sometimes with 1 on the cooldown and TM bar 99 percent full, sometimes i mess up and don't beat it...

Not saying change is good...just saying for the way I solo the tank...Finn will probably make the parts of the tank i have problems with easier.... It' may come down to P1 and does the RNG with GG get a lot harder with or without finn....

But again I dont' have 3po I can't auto the tank but I can solo it and Finn just may make it faster and easier
  • Please rollback Finn’s nerf asap

They haven't even implemented it, man.

I get why people might want a zeta refund, but the folks who are mad that it hasn't happened yet are really frustrating--the ability is still the same for another couple days. Calm down.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Some of y’all are missing the basic point here. We spent rare materials on an ability with a set use. That ability has been completely changed. We should be refunded the materials and given the chance to apply them again or not. Refund the zeta. @CG_Carrie
    Ooba hutar.
  • Prediction: The refusal to return the zeta is a diversion to the nerf. In the 11th hour they will offer a return, and everyone will forget the nerf. Let's see if I'm right.
  • I just love how people say that Finn has been buffed (which his ENTIRE kit has), but his zeta has been nerfed to oblivion.

They don't want to refund the zetas because they know that everyone will have an "upgraded" Finn for a much lower cost
  • the best option is to change P3. Finn is a completely different character after the rework. and I would not give zeta or omega now. You have not learned from the paper zombie. if these changes so come back please also the omegas and zetas.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie refund zeta now. While your at it refund gmy leader too. Unacceptable

Yeah, let's go down to the local gas station while we're at it, and demand a refund for the gas we wasted that one time. People...

Good comparison....not

You want a refund for something that you've used, and now want to use again. Yes, it is a good comparison, kid from the 80's. Such entitled freakin people. It kills me.

Well just to be fair I’ve never said I wanted a refund. I don’t want the nerf at all. Also it’s a very ignorant comparison. When you buy gas you get exactly what you are paying for. Someone doesn’t meet you 100miles down the road and change the quality of your gas. When you buy something in this game it should stay how you bought it or be refunded. Maybe just stick with bingo.
  • FingolfinTEK
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Yes, it's invalid because no one in the community (OK, definitely someone since I believe you're not alone) and certainly not CG considered it a problem in the first place - find me one place where CG acknowledges that Finn's lead is broken and that they are constrained in any way because of it. The only (publicly stated) reason they decided to touch Finn is because of the STR loop and nothing else. You may have your views but they're certainly not shared by CG and most of the community.
    Post edited by FingolfinTEK on
  • I have the a Finn zeta. I was super late to the Zinn party, never really had much success with it in HAAT tbh it’s sometimes good for me in TW/GA but it’s terrible on D, also my guild is still working on getting Traya. So I never really got to take advantage of this loop.

I put it on him during the first run of JTR to unlock her hours after launch.... so it’s been pretty much a wasted zeta cuz JTR is the team I focused on. Zinn is my Zhasma team of the Resistance. It’s just another “you should’ve used your zeta better” things for me.

I understand why people are mad though.

Maybe it’s been answered but if there is a refund that means it’s taken off Finn, we get 20 zeta mats and I lose my omegas?
  • NoMack wrote: »
    If a zeta becomes useless bc of natural game progression and power creep, so be it. That's the nature of the game. However, this zeta has become useless because of a severe nerf; worse than the one that was done to Daka. There HAS to be a zeta refund for this. If not, it sets a dangerous precedent that anything that is invested in (money, time or resources) can simply be devalued on a whim, leaving no reason to invest in the future.

I thought that precedent had long since been set and often repeated. This is just the latest example. Banned TW was similar. Putting any resources in any character has been risky ever since I started playing. I've quit spending money on the game for that reason.
  • Ok do i have question. If they fix finn, so it's worth now invest to c3po? Ok I know he can work with kanye teams, but he most valiable with zfinn
This discussion has been closed.