Following recommended mod sets

The game for each toon recommends mod sets. Should I follow them? I know speed is most important usually, but if, for instance, it recommends 'health' for Old Daka, should I get health mods with speed? Or just get the most speed, whatever the mod may be?

Replies

• Head to http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor

It’s as good a starting point as any. I’ve never used the in game advice as when I first looked at it, it suggested I change the modding on several toons for the worse.
  • Its a good place to start until you get more familiar with the mod system.
  • I use it to start a toon, then when its timento make it elite I use swgoh.gg
  • Don't just apply the mods the in-game system recommends, but the "sets" it recommends are usually pretty accurate based on the kit of the character. Your example of Daka; she heals based on her max health and she gains stacking health once you eventually zeta her, so yes, jacking her health as high as possible does help. That being said, speed is still King.

THAT being said, don't just throw random speed mods on her hoping to improve. 6x health mods with +50 secondary speed is way more beneficial to her overall kit than 4x speed and 2x health with, say, +55-60 speed. Now that you can filter for specific secondaries too, it's much easier to greatly increase a character's key stats.
  • Thanks everyone
  • To be honest, if going to mod a team very well then heading to that factions discord is the best way.
    Google: swgoh <faction> discord

That will give the best results.
    The website above does well enough to start though.

Also note, arena or raid modding can be very different.
  • Don't do that. There are several guides about how to mod on the Internet. The auto-mod function they implemented is completely useless and even counterproductive.
  • If you don't understand the character's kit then at least read its stat recommendations. But......

What if you don't have a well built roster.and Ewok Scout is your only Ewok and he is at 7*? A lot of times the mod recommendations have synergy in mind. + crit + crit damage.might come 3rd to health then speed if you don't have other Ewok to keep him alive.

Vader needs potency health/prof then offense arguably tenacity last I usually use defense. His speed is crazy so sexcondaries are good.for.it and with 90%ish potency it is nice to see all that red

• Also note, arena or raid modding can be very different.

Extremely different
  • I like all these posts. Mods are something you need to adapt to your toons needs. Speed rules but speed secondaries can be almost more important. I haven't used an in game rec except on Nute and that was because I was feeling lazy. Potency and tenacity can get you through as well.
  • I like all these posts. Mods are something you need to adapt to your toons needs. Speed rules but speed secondaries can be almost more important. I haven't used an in game rec except on Nute and that was because I was feeling lazy. Potency and tenacity can get you through as well.

Yeah, pretty much outside of your arena team you probably want non-speed sets with high speed secondaries.
  • Yeah, pretty much outside of your arena team you probably want non-speed sets with high speed secondaries.

That's basically what I've been doing.

And to clarify for everyone a bit, I wasn't referring to the particular mods the game auto picks for you. I don't use that. I was talking about what sets are recommended. Like I mentioned before, they recommend health sets for Daka and then potency for Phasma, crit. dam./crit. chance for Boba Fett, etc.

For example I have all potency mods on Phasma, with varying primaries and with speed secondaries (except for the arrow, of course, that is a speed primary).

I guess it just depends on the particular toon and how you are going to use them. :)
  • Usually damage dealers are fine with a crit set and either crit damage or offense with a crit damage triangle.
    Healers usually heal sets
    Tanks also heal sets (also defense but u will usually have far better heal mods from marke events since they gave us like 30 blue mods each event some times)

Then if u need a toon to go fast to make an open move and start tm train like vader, bb8, revan, etc. Speed is the way to go. Also most of the times in arena xD