General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

Prev13456711
It is with great honor and privilege to share with you all the first look at the General Grievous rework! We've come a long way as a community on this guy and it is awesome seeing it all come together now! CG_Carrie was kind enough to get some devs together to speak with me this weekend to discuss the Grievous kit and how they designed him.

Today we are only talking about the Grievous rework and tomorrow we will wrap up with the Droideka and Magnaguard rework details. I wanted to make a post here as there may not be a forum post uploaded today showing the text of Grievous' new kit. The lingering question is whether Grievous will destroy Revan and I can confirm Grievous is very well equipped to handle Revan AND other teams out there. His kit is pretty broad that is also tied with HEAVY and frequent damage. He will not be invincible but I believe that 85% of the META pie that Revan owns will start to dwindle in the coming weeks. Grievous appears to be very good but also beatable on defense. He will probably start a new era of busting the Revan pie and start bringing back the rock, paper, scissor diversity in arena once more now that Revan's defense is more easily beatable.

Below you will find the text for Grievous' rework for those who prefer to read. However, the text does not do him justice in regards to his damage output shown in the video.

Furious Assault
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded or countered. If the target was already debuffed deal 30% more damage. Grievous' attacks deal damage based on his Max Health instead of his Physical damage.

Grievous Wounds (Cooldown 4)
Deal Physical damage to all enemies (based on Grievous' Max Health), inflict Target Lock for 2 turns, and remove 30% Turn Meter from them.

Skittering Horror (Cooldown 3)
Gain Health Steal Up for 2 turns, then deal Physical damage (based on Grievous' Max Health) to target enemy and Stun them for 1 turn. If the target was already debuffed they lose 10% of their Max Health (excludes Raid Bosses), which can't be resisted, and Grievous gains 10% Max Health for the rest of the encounter. This attack can't be evaded.

Daunting Presence (Leader)
All enemies have -40% Critical Avoidance and -50% Defense. Whenever a Dark Side Droid ally is resisted, that Droid gains 10% Potency (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. When a Target Locked enemy is damaged, each Droid and each Separatist ally gains 2% Turn Meter, doubled for Grievous. When damaged by an attack, Dark Side enemies lose 5% Turn Meter, and Light Side enemies lose 2% Potency (stacking). (Zeta ability is bolded)

Metalloid Monstrosity (Unique)
At the start of Grievous' turn, all other Droid allies take damage equal to 8% of his Max Health, doubled for Light Side Droids and he gains 5% Max Health and Potency for each other Droid ally for the rest of the encounter. This damage cannot defeat characters.
At the start of every character's turn, if Grievous is below 100% Health, he dispels all debuffs on himself and inflicts Marked on the other healthiest Droid ally until the end of the turn. Whenever a Droid or Separatist ally is defeated, Grievous dispels all debuffs on himself, resets all ability cooldowns, and gains 1 bonus turn. (Zeta ability is bolded)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l-X1NwYcdEw

Replies

• Ok it is time....#CGReworkGeneralKenobi :D
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    So at the start of each turn, he kills 8 stacks of b1?
  • Congrats dude, glad you got your hero reworked.
  • #CGaddAphra
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    So at the start of each turn, he kills 8 stacks of b1?

Yep! Kind of a risky little unique ability!
  • YES, WE DID IT! Finally, GG got the attention he needed! Can’t wait for the next two kit reveals tomorrow.😃 One of the only times I want to chase the meta.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Since grevious abilities are linked to max health, is it best to put all health mod sets on him with high speed secondaries?
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    Since grevious abilities are linked to max health, is it best to put all health mod sets on him with high speed secondaries?

yep
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Now all we need is Darth Malak with AOE Deathmark so we can restore balance in the force.
  • Separatist (whale) fans February:
    eFfmdb3.jpg

Then also those same whales once they burn their gear and money on Seps and Darth Revan/Malak release in March and change the meta again:
    what-part-of-shut-up-and-take-my-money-do-you-not-understand_o_4407969.jpg

• ai2ou8i4fuvx.jpg

Finally... my time has come! I have been ready for over a year (Cough, Cough) when the separatists rework should have happened. I have 3 Zetas waiting for my droids.

93drzncc1yh9.gif
  • Grievous! 😍😍😍
  • jnb4zxquyx1d.jpeg
    Been n saving this mod just for Grievous. 😆 now just need it 6• for 16% Health.
  • I was hoping to have some raid viability, but if he does more and more damage to his allies each turn and destroys stacks of droid battalion, I do not see him having any.
  • Did every one catch the Magnaguard 1 ability some one kept up to long on video lol. Stunning Attack, 3 round cool down. Stun target if target had no buffs it resets. Going to be nasty with B2 there
  • Looks good. Droideka & damage immunity is effectively JKR Savior and looks very strong combined with Mark.
  • will there be a new place to farm his shards or is he just going to be the most expensive char ever?
  • Droideka wrote: »
    I was hoping to have some raid viability, but if he does more and more damage to his allies each turn and destroys stacks of droid battalion, I do not see him having any.

B1 is constantly replenishing 5% of Grievous protection and health right? That’s on Basic. So I think the team wil still be very clutch in raids.
  • IPD likes to do Target Locked, too. Wonder how that will interact with Grievous.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    I was hoping to have some raid viability, but if he does more and more damage to his allies each turn and destroys stacks of droid battalion, I do not see him having any.

B1 is constantly replenishing 5% of Grievous protection and health right? That’s on Basic. So I think the team wil still be very clutch in raids.
    It depends on how long B1 can survive. Every time grievous takes a turn he loses 8 stacks, and every time an enemy does an AOE he loses 8 stacks. Eventually Grievous will have so much health that allies will be put to 1 health every time grievous takes a turn. It may work, but it may not.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Well there goes the revan wall

Now do you need 7 star b1 and 7 star droideka
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    from what i've seen in the vid, i don't see grievous becomming very common in top20 arena. Hopefully i'm wrong.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well for arena it going to be fun to play around. GG with IPD could be nasty. GG goes and does 8% at start of turn then does a ability. IPD goes and self destructs on some one then GG goes again with all ability resets. That could get ugly right there.
  • when is the grievous going to go live?
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I know that IPD will be a popular option, but I think one that's going to get overlooked will be a Zeta 88. He already interacts well with and inflicts Target Lock, but with Zeta as long as he's up nobody regens Health or Protection.

With that stacking potency it ensures his lovely debuffs don't get resisted.

Let's not forget 20% offense per debuffed enemy (which looks like virtually all of them on this team) and +50% evasion against said Target Locked enemies.

Just sayin'. Give our assassin droid some love!
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • when is the grievous going to go live?

Wednesday, Feb 20th
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    By by revan...R.I.P.
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Is Traya a counter to GG?????
  • Merci @CG_Carrie for make the meeting of the devs with @AhnaldT101 happen.
    So he is it who shares the awesome kit with us.
    Btw: nice video AnhaldT
    I'm happy for you and this very cool rework.
  • At the start of Grievous' turn, all other Droid allies take damage equal to 8% of his Max Health, doubled for Light Side Droids and he gains 5% Max Health and Potency for each other Droid ally for the rest of the encounter. This damage cannot defeat characters. That last sentence should tell you if it kills b1 or not.........