c3po refund gear please

Prev1
Now that zFinn is going to be broken by CG, I have too much potency on my 3po. Please reset the gear to g8 or so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru6MljIA6MI&feature=youtu.be

All credit goes to Bulldog for this strat, but it's quite clear the problem isn't zFinn. It's CG's QA department.

Replies

• Paper zombie! Dont worry, they will fix it by nerfing CLS.
  • They said that they were going to fix the expose loop as soon as they discovered it. If you decided to gear up 3P0 to abuse the loop even though you knew it would eventually be fixed, that is on you. You shouldn’t get the gear investment back as well as the rewards from getting top scores in the Sith raid by abusing the loop
  • Hes not asking for a gear refund cuz the finn nerf, its cuz seems u can also solo P3 using a undeveloped 3po with cls lead xD

Its like paper zombie, if u had a strong zombie ur ns raid performance was far worst than with a lwveled one... Seems now a strong 3po will make the same for u xD
  • Droideka wrote: »
    They said that they were going to fix the expose loop as soon as they discovered it. If you decided to gear up 3P0 to abuse the loop even though you knew it would eventually be fixed, that is on you. You shouldn’t get the gear investment back as well as the rewards from getting top scores in the Sith raid by abusing the loop

You didn't watch the video, did you?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Why? Why should they give gear back?

They shouldn't. They should realize that there is a significantly bigger problem with c3po's interaction with Traya than zFinn. CLS and a maxed out 3po can do about 20%, but CLS and a g8 3po with some of his abilities unleveled should be able to solo phase 3.

Clearly that isn't WAI. But instead of actually fixing the 3po-traya interactions, they are breaking Finn.

Hilariously tho, Finn breaks Traya by applying exposes, and CLS breaks Traya by having them resisted.
  • I'm sure, someone will take this problem to a 'more playful and fun direction'...
    >:)
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    They said that they were going to fix the expose loop as soon as they discovered it. If you decided to gear up 3P0 to abuse the loop even though you knew it would eventually be fixed, that is on you. You shouldn’t get the gear investment back as well as the rewards from getting top scores in the Sith raid by abusing the loop

You didn't watch the video, did you?
    No, I did not. Sorry for the assumption, there are a lot of threads asking for refunds for the Finn nerf.
  • You want them to pull gear off your C3PO so you can try some cheese strategy on a raid? Good luck with that, lol.
  • You want them to pull gear off your C3PO so you can try some cheese strategy on a raid? Good luck with that, lol.

It's no different from paper zombie. They gave zombie a fantastic rework and stated that undergeared toons being more useful than fully geared ones went against their design philosophy. I expect them to respect that and fix ALL the broken interactions with 3po, not just the one that works at max gear level.

Alternatively, I'd accept the stated solution of returning my 3po to g8 and unleveled abilities so that I am not at a disadvantage for having geared this golden pita.

Well, it's paper Zombie 3.0 (NS Initiate being 2.0) and breaks CG's "core tenant/rule of the game" of "investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes".
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183017/nightsister-zombie-rework-begone-paper-hello-fat
    (2nd paragraph)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    You want them to pull gear off your C3PO so you can try some cheese strategy on a raid? Good luck with that, lol.

Well, it's paper Zombie 3.0 (NS Initiate being 2.0) and breaks CG's "core tenant/rule of the game" of "investing more deeply in a character should always be better in terms of gameplay outcomes".
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183017/nightsister-zombie-rework-begone-paper-hello-fat
    (2nd paragraph)
    But this is not like paper zombie exactly. Having a paper zombie was better in all game modes. Having an undergeared 3P0 is only useful in the sith raid. So there is an argument that the geared 3P0 is better than an undergeared one with one exception.
    Legend91 wrote: »
    You want them to pull gear off your C3PO so you can try some cheese strategy on a raid? Good luck with that, lol.

(2nd paragraph)
    But this is not like paper zombie exactly. Having a paper zombie was better in all game modes. Having an undergeared 3P0 is only useful in the sith raid. So there is an argument that the geared 3P0 is better than an undergeared one with one exception.

Not exactly like paper Zombie, that's true. But if I'd have the choice whether I want to gear him up and use him in TW/GA (for arena you can use Revan/Traya; for LS TB you have enough squads to put on auto) or get a top 3 placement in the sith raid every single time, the choice would be obvious.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

(2nd paragraph)
    But this is not like paper zombie exactly. Having a paper zombie was better in all game modes.

Fat zombie was better for arena back then as well, but yes, paper zombies were common.
  • Dont forget ability mat refunds.
    They said that they were going to fix the expose loop as soon as they discovered it. If you decided to gear up 3P0 to abuse the loop even though you knew it would eventually be fixed, that is on you.

I wish I could "like" this a hundred times.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Like it as many times as you want but this new strategy will also be flagged and the loophole closed as well.

ANY gimmick strategy is not wise to invest in, or in this case NOT invest in.

They actually specifically said they would NOT be nerfing it when it first came out. That was in the tank raid. They said they didn’t care about that raid and as long as it didn’t hit the Sith Raid they wouldn’t touch it. Of course a few days later in hit the Sith Raid.

They actually specifically said they would NOT be nerfing it when it first came out. That was in the tank raid. They said they didn’t care about that raid and as long as it didn’t hit the Sith Raid they wouldn’t touch it. Of course a few days later in hit the Sith Raid.

I'm confused. You claim they "said they wouldn't be nerfing it," then go on to explain exactly how they said they would fix it if it affected the sith raid.

Also, here is where they explicitly communicated their intention to fix the Finn team: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid#latest
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

I'm confused. You claim they "said they wouldn't be nerfing it," then go on to explain exactly how they said they would fix it if it affected the sith raid.

Also, here is where they explicitly communicated their intention to fix the Finn team: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid#latest

CG_TopHat:

"Cool video and cool strategy. Wanted to chime in real quick and say that we have no intention of changing this interaction or strategy only for the AAT. While this behavior is an example of play outside the "spirit of the game", the AAT has been soloable for awhile at this point. If there are any infinite loops that show up in the Sith raid or other areas of the game, then we'll address them on a case by case basis."

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a6d2el/this_is_the_droid_youre_looking_for/?st=JPPZQ97U&sh=8d09357c
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

CG_TopHat:

"Cool video and cool strategy. Wanted to chime in real quick and say that we have no intention of changing this interaction or strategy only for the AAT. While this behavior is an example of play outside the "spirit of the game", the AAT has been soloable for awhile at this point. If there are any infinite loops that show up in the Sith raid or other areas of the game, then we'll address them on a case by case basis."

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a6d2el/this_is_the_droid_youre_looking_for/?st=JPPZQ97U&sh=8d09357c

I mean, again, that says right there "we will make changes if it affects the Sith raid." Also I linked the entire thread they made specifically saying "we will nerf this because it affects the Sith raid."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

CG_TopHat:

I mean, again, that says right there "we will make changes if it affects the Sith raid." Also I linked the entire thread they made specifically saying "we will nerf this because it affects the Sith raid."

This, it is absolutely your fault you geared him up so high.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."

CG_TopHat:

Yes, but there was a few day window when people thought this was going to be an acceptable approach to the tank raid.

Also, C3PO is a beast other places as well. It’s not like people geared him up to just do the Sith Raid. And regardless, there is 0 reason to ever think gearing up someone will be bad.
  • I think that's exactly the point. There should not be any disadvantage if you gear a character.That was exactly the argument of CG when doing the Zombie rework/nerf.
  • Ninho wrote: »
    I think that's exactly the point. There should not be any disadvantage if you gear a character.That was exactly the argument of CG when doing the Zombie rework/nerf.

Exactly. Unless someone else can build off this and find a way to get it to work without needing a weak C3PO, I just don’t see this standing.
  • Wouldn't the stacking tenacity that people wanted traya to get instead of nerfing Finn then make this strategy even more viable?
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Wouldn't the stacking tenacity that people wanted traya to get instead of nerfing Finn then make this strategy even more viable?

Yes. Although at least it would allow it to work without needing an undergeared and underleveled c3po...

Clearly if their intention is to remove all the loops from the Traya - c3po interaction, they should change c3po. Alternatively, they could make traya gain TM during topple, but this would affect other strategies (e.g. Aurra or deathstorm, both of which rely on topple lasting as long as possible to do damage).

Or they could just allow us to solo this tedious excuse of a raid.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Wouldn't the stacking tenacity that people wanted traya to get instead of nerfing Finn then make this strategy even more viable?

Here's the thing I don't understand about the "stacking tenacity" argument. Traya already has two sources of stacking tenacity - she gains 30% (I think? It's a big chunk, anyway) every time you hit her until her next turn, and she gains 10% permanently every time you kill one of her sabers. So it's already basically impossible to land anything on her after a couple turns. The FinnP0 loop only worked if you could keep her permanently in the first topple, and you still had to stack everyone with massive potency for it to work consistently.

What else were they going to add? "Traya gains eleventy billion percent tenacity anytime anything happens, because STOP DOING EXPOSE TRAINS YOU GUYS JEEZ."

Plus, and this is the bit nobody ever has a good answer for: changing Traya is a band-aid fix, because any future bosses would have to include similarly ridiculous tenacity gains to prevent just using this same exploit on them. Tweaking Finn fixes the issue permanently and allows for the possibility of future bosses that we'll be able to debuff.

And I dunno about you, but I find the stacking tenacity gimmick really boring and lazy. "Let's make this artificially and uncreatively difficult by effectively making 50% of the abilities in the game useless or drastically less effective." I'd much prefer a boss that can be debuffed while still providing a challenge, so it doesn't feel like my guys are whiffing constantly. Stacking tenacity is fine for one raid, but making it the norm just as a failsafe against poorly-tested mechanics would be the worst.
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Clearly if their intention is to remove all the loops from the Traya - c3po interaction, they should change c3po.

This is what I've said since this became an issue, but I (correctly) predicted that they wouldn't touch him because he had just been released like two weeks before, and the rage from people who went all out to get him would be ridiculous. Now we've got the CLS version of the loop, and I honestly think they'll just say screw it and let it be. It doesn't work on auto, and it would take ages to do the entire phase on manual. Plus, gimping your 3P0 really screws you out of a lot of performance in other areas, mainly PVP related, so I feel like most just won't be willing to do it in the first place.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Seeing this video and knowing the previous combo with zfinn I cant help but think the main problem is the part of c3po's kit where rebels gain expose on their basic attack.