Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    If they actually believed zFinn is better after the changes then they would refund the zeta. They would want people to throw that zeta on someone else only to find they want it on Finn again. I don't have zFinn. He was on my list to get to but I had about 6 or 7 ahead of him. And when I'm sitting on a 16% drop rate on zetas from challenges this year, it's a slow process.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    cfodder wrote: »
    \And when I'm sitting on a 16% drop rate on zetas from challenges this year, .

Drool....I'm Jelly

EDIT : I feel you when I see people in my arena shard with a 300 rank in ships for 2 years and I have been holding 1'ish and they have more zetas than me it makes me sad to think that me never getting any offsets by them getting 4, 3, 2, every week.....

Conspiracy theory : Drops are tuned where if your not farming zetas you have a higher drop rate.
    Truth : I'm just unlucky and they are

EDIT 2 : I got 4 today...first time in 7 months and in fact those 4 are more total than I got in the last 6 challenges combined (12 attempts) Derail over sorry
  • Options
    Yes, it's invalid because no one in the community (OK, definitely someone since I believe you're not alone) and certainly not CG considered it a problem in the first place - find me one place where CG acknowledges that Finn's lead is broken and that they are constrained in any way because of it. The only (publicly stated) reason they decided to touch Finn is because of the STR loop and nothing else. You may have your views but they're certainly not shared by CG and most of the community.
    Most gamers, if you give them an exploitive win button to smash things with and they cannot perceive it being used against them, will say that button is awesome.

I suspect sentiment regarding zFinn would be a lot more mixed if we could see our defenses. See just what gets knocked down by low geared a zFinn loop. If we could see both sides, rather than just winning with zFinn and a dissociated "Total battles: 1" of unknown source on defense.

And this is not the first time zFinn has been a problem. The last time we got a cluster of Resistance units, it was JTR, Rose, and Amilyn. And as their kits dropped, people very quickly noticed that none of them could expose outside of JTR's leadership ability. Which was swiftly attributed to them not wanting to give Finn more tools, because that would break Finn. After all, three exposers. 35% TM to the party per expose popped. That **** was already on a knife edge.

But they can't keep doing that. Can't keep this leadership ability so precarious that it can never be given anything again, when its tools are merely Geonosian Soldier levels of meh. "Resistance can never get another good source of expose," is not a healthy design restriction.

hSith was just a symptom. Not the problem.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    What is a realistic timeframe for being allowed to solo a phase on auto?

When getting top 10 is not so important and the rewards are reworked... (I don't have 3po)

I need to keep getting top 10 so I can get my 8 weapon mod salvage I have 1500 of....or the chance to get a full wristband I have 5 of since no one uses them....

See I need to keep getting top 10 so I can keep getting better garbage/trash/junk/ than the people who are getting worse garbage/trash/junk for their glorious end game raid that ensures you have enough trash in your inventory to make posts about it....

I'm literally at the point where I want to do the STR at lower levels to get stun guns or something useful instead of visors and wristbands that drop 99% more than anything that could actually be considered useful...

Maybe when the rewards are reworked not to be trash all the time and the bottom 40 getting screwed over even worse......maybe then they will let us solo a phase
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Haat was soloable long before the zfinn/3po interaction. It was kind of a cheese mechanic anyway.

It still will be, but with all resistance with a JTR lead instead of adding rebels.

And with the extra damage Finn will be doing (with his zeta) it probably will go faster.

A shame they’re destroying his lead in PVP, though.

Less variance on P2 probably replacing hoda with Zfinn (still have to test it tho).....will make P1 much much more difficult maybe even 3 but P2 should be easier with Ack (L) cls young han, zfinn, bb8
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    What is a realistic timeframe for being allowed to solo a phase on auto?

When getting top 10 is not so important and the rewards are reworked... (I don't have 3po)

I need to keep getting top 10 so I can get my 8 weapon mod salvage I have 1500 of....or the chance to get a full wristband I have 5 of since no one uses them....

See I need to keep getting top 10 so I can keep getting better garbage/trash/junk/ than the people who are getting worse garbage/trash/junk for their glorious end game raid that ensures you have enough trash in your inventory to make posts about it....

I'm literally at the point where I want to do the STR at lower levels to get stun guns or something useful instead of visors and wristbands that drop 99% more than anything that could actually be considered useful...

Maybe when the rewards are reworked not to be trash all the time and the bottom 40 getting screwed over even worse......maybe then they will let us solo a phase

I feel ya about the rewards man. But I’ll re-stress my belief in the fact that, if the loop is changing positions on the board and causing a problem within your guild, that problem should be solved by your guild creating/modifying your raid rule set..
  • Options
    The thought occurs, a possible reason for the "Fix" is not the loop etc, it forces those relying on it to rework their rosters and possibly spend to do so quickly. Oh man I'm embarrassed I didn't see this before. Create new content? Nah, shuffle the deck.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    We are being told they can still solo the HAAT raid.
    Doesn't address the issue Kyno- they said they had no problem with the mechanic only with the soloing the HSTR- if that's the problem, fix the raid, don't give me a new (nerfed) mechanic. It's dishonest to say you have no problem with the mechanic and then break it (yes, lie is NOT a strong word)
    He was dead in the meta report well before this update was announced, never mind actually launched.
    Everyone was dead. He was only mostly dead. There's a difference between fully dead and only mostly dead- see the Princess Bride for more details :-) But seriously, he was a reliable Revan counter (and held pretty well on defense (I only dropped to 30s/40s every day in my over 2 year old shard
    ??
    That team will still want things like potency, protection, health, and possibly defense or offense with the new kit.
    Yes, every team will need mods. But Revan in the arena is pretty much only about how fast your Revan goes and did you give GMY good offense mods. The zFinn team is about D (to let him survive direct focus), and H&P on Finn (to let R2 stealth everyone but him), fine tuning H&P on 3PO (to let hiim be guarded), potency on Han& Chewie, tuning the speed balance between R2 & 3PO. etc. It's not just speed, speed, speed.

Other than your last point (because we dont have anyone yet that punishes the other player for having speed.) what you are saying doesnt show any lies.

Does this make the changes right, no, but let's try to keep things civil so we have a real conversation.

Obviously we disagree. It's pretty clear that CG has been saying one thing and doing another. That is dishonest and that's what most of us call lies. But you're entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    If I can still auto haat I’m happy.
    But..... if you completely change a lot - the refund should be there. I just think they don’t want to because Finn was heavily invested in zeta wise. Plus sep droids are around the Corner.

We knew this was going to happen. We asked for it not to be. We offered other solutions - traya and stacking tenacity. Nope. One day - Vader will not put dots on his aoe because it messes with the Jabba raid.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @CG_TopHat

Since CLS/3po interaction can also solo p3 heroic with the reverse of the finn mechanic (getting tm due to traya resisting their effects), does this mean CLS lead will also be getting reworked?
  • Options
    5iew96427ank.jpg
  • Options
    @CG_TopHat

Since CLS/3po interaction can also solo p3 heroic with the reverse of the finn mechanic (getting tm due to traya resisting their effects), does this mean CLS lead will also be getting reworked?

CG says CG dont want loops and this is a loop.
    CG says CG dont want paper zombie and here you need paper C3PO.
    So lets get the popcorn.....
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat

You mistake CG for a group that's consistent. Just watch them ignore it. CLS doesn't affect any of their P2P toon plans. No nerf for 6 months. Then they'll finally fix the HSTR and claim that CLS is fine now. Of course, they won't revert Finn to his original kit then ("too much time and investment by the community" in the new Finn)
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid

“After evaluating our options today, our current approach centers around making some changes to either Finn (and his leader ability) or to Raid Traya (and how she gains or loses tenacity when toppled). We are evaluating a few additional options, but the first two seem the most viable. We want to take some time testing each out to ensure that we find one that has the least amount of impact on the playerbase and the game. As we get closer to a solution we feel comfortable with in-house, we’ll both work with players in the community to get their feedback on our proposed changes AND communicate our thinking before we roll out any changes.

Ahem...

SnakesOnAPlane
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid

“After evaluating our options today, our current approach centers around making some changes to either Finn (and his leader ability) or to Raid Traya (and how she gains or loses tenacity when toppled). We are evaluating a few additional options, but the first two seem the most viable. We want to take some time testing each out to ensure that we find one that has the least amount of impact on the playerbase and the game. As we get closer to a solution we feel comfortable with in-house, we’ll both work with players in the community to get their feedback on our proposed changes AND communicate our thinking before we roll out any changes.

Ahem...

^This
  • Options
    I haven’t had faith in cg for a long time now. They think their sneaky and we are all stupid. Im pretty sure it was zombie rework time frame they dropped the chewy puzzle to brush it under the rug. They are doing the same thing now with grievous.

PS: who cares if you can solo the entire Sith Raid, it is old news and no fun anymore. How bout instead of wasting your time reworking every character in the game that does well in Sith Raid you come out with something fresh. I’m starting to lose interest.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I hate this thread..... i felt like no ship content at all after 2 years was gaining steam....dead

darn u finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (khan voice)

Ahem...

like the Q&A's that were going to be a thing once in a while

five2zero wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat

If your saying this as an example of why finn should be allowed in the hopes they will allow it then it's a total fail.

If your saying this as an example of why paper 3P0 needs to be nerfed in the hopes that instead of that CLS, Chewy, CUP or Jedi knight guardian will be nerfed you have won
  • Options
    FishBones wrote: »
    If I buy a Ferrari and a year later the dealer shows up and says sorry but that engine works too good so we put a mini van engine in there. Would you be surprised that I told the dealer I want a refund. Can I device the crystal price wasn’t working properly and take back half my money. Does 1+1=26.829
    I feel like you guys have trouble seeing obvious stuff. I’ll vote with my wallet as money seems to make you guys pay attention. I’m not spending another dollar unless you guys stop with the old bait and switch. I was hoping you were turning the game around, 360 degrees is the same direction. Please stop driving off the player base we like the game and want it to be here in a couple years.

Seems like a class action lawsuit can be brewing.....

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Costino1 wrote: »
    FishBones wrote: »
    If I buy a Ferrari and a year later the dealer shows up and says sorry but that engine works too good so we put a mini van engine in there. Would you be surprised that I told the dealer I want a refund. Can I device the crystal price wasn’t working properly and take back half my money. Does 1+1=26.829
    I feel like you guys have trouble seeing obvious stuff. I’ll vote with my wallet as money seems to make you guys pay attention. I’m not spending another dollar unless you guys stop with the old bait and switch. I was hoping you were turning the game around, 360 degrees is the same direction. Please stop driving off the player base we like the game and want it to be here in a couple years.

Seems like a class action lawsuit can be brewing.....

I doubt a lot of people yelling up to their parents from the basement about how to hire a lawyer to get their zeta back will gain much traction with said parents.... then again those genius guys who solve those NSA puzzles about coming characters we already know are coming are pretty sharp......

The only lawyer that would take that case would probably be the Roland T Flakfizer
  • Options
    Well it will teach me not to zeta anybody until I have played for 10 years or so. In fact, wait for 10 years or so BEFORE I start playing any game created by them to have some VAGUE idea about whether it is worth my time at all. But that is fine with me, plenty of other developers out there, this was a waste of time. It does not allow for any strategic planning because if you manage to identify a good strategy for free, they will call it a bug and kill it. If you find one that requires money they will take your money and kill it as well, calling it a major bug. Thanks for disabusing me of the notion this game could be some fun to play. And yes, I did spend on Revan, so what I see here is you offering a simply solution of spend $30,000 and buy G150+ speed 25,000+ maxed toons, solo everything, enjoy and **** all raids, guild and solo events, zero thought is GOOD.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Psst hey Devs

Refund Finns zeta, luv u
  • Options
    I dont think the developpers decide anything. It s their boss who decide and he doesn’t write any code
  • Options
    Ive read this through a few times. Its not right. Either a zeta refund or rework 3p0, not Finn is proper. Its not about the raids, its the Zinn 3p0 RT Han and Chewie team that beats Revan. P2P or move aside. It didn't take a Finn rework to make p3 not soloable. Give Talzin 5000% tenacity. Make her immune to exposes. This is totally about characters we all have beating META-BOY. Smells like fish
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Options
    Still stupid
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Psst hey Devs

Refund Finns zeta, luv u

Exactly. Discouraging original thought. Discouraging creativity. God forbid we think for ourselves or get creative. I have God Mods that can't beat a GMY that gets 4 turns in a row dealing atom bomb like damage each time. I'm calling it a daysoin myself.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
  • Options
    I tried to qoute Altazarus post and it gave me this one instead. Forums must have fought Revan
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
This discussion has been closed.