General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    So with GG new zetas, I am guessing You can now use IPD suicide right off the bat and kill, Revan, Jollee, Traya, CLS, Chewie, C3p0 or whoever you choose to die first, making every match a 4 vs 4 but you choose the pillar toon that supports that team stand a chance? Cool I'm in.

It might work against most teams, but I doubt IPD will be the key to counter Revan. A full separatist droid team seems more viable.
    Since IPD's self-destruct doesn't prevent revives, all you are going to do against Revan is to trigger Savior and put yourself in a 4 vs 5 situation.

Honestly I doubt "paper" IPD is going to be the key against any team. With the new separatist army you should do enough damage to cut through any five toons on offense, without sacrificing a toon at the very beginning of the encounter.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    BB8 will be an auto requirement for arena because speed is king. My HK led droid team already went before Revan with BB8 in it. So I can see him being needed. B2 I see as a worthwhile add. No droid will match the damage output of ig88 (and his zeta just mocks saviour). The 5th slot is contentious. I'm tempted by my zL3, but that's because I love L3. She brings the healing, the ability to save a droid from death, and the counter attacks aren't too bad with defence down on her basic she'll help grievous kill stuff
  • Nema wrote: »
    BB8 will be an auto requirement for arena because speed is king. My HK led droid team already went before Revan with BB8 in it. So I can see him being needed. B2 I see as a worthwhile add. No droid will match the damage output of ig88 (and his zeta just mocks saviour). The 5th slot is contentious. I'm tempted by my zL3, but that's because I love L3. She brings the healing, the ability to save a droid from death, and the counter attacks aren't too bad with defence down on her basic she'll help grievous kill stuff

GG team looks like it will only work with atleast Droideka and B1/Magnaguard.

Your post suggests you're only using GG and B2. It's unlikely to work.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    Separatist droids under Grevious are difficult for Revan or any team that relies on buffs to attack. B2 is critical for constantly mass dispel and ability block.
    Everything is a theory until we play with them.
  • This looks like a great rework. I’m happy for all the GG fans out there. It’s been a good year for certain fans and their fav factions.

What I really enjoy is that GG has possibilities. I was worried he would be contained to just sep droids but he’s not.

There is def a shady droid team floating around with all zetas maxed- ipd 88 l3 bb8 t3 and now these seps.

Also guard and b2 reworks as well. B1 and can fav droideka- all really cool.

Ggs kit seems solid , def for the better- more powerful and risky rather than super complicated like Jedi revan. On “paper” all looks really good. Well done devs.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Nema wrote: »

GG team looks like it will only work with atleast Droideka and B1/Magnaguard.

Your post suggests you're only using GG and B2. It's unlikely to work.

That's because the SEP droids all reference only SEP droids benefit from them. GG himself actually doesn't care what type of droids he's leading. So whilst the SEP droids do synergise well with each other, that synergy isn't guaranteed to be the only way GG will work. . Hell I'm now likely to run GG at the head of the better droids and put HK in was of the SEP droids in things like ga
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    Since Grevious is getting a new ability and loosing “sinister laugh”

tbhtudltln8c.png

Will the ability mats be applied to the new attack?

R.I.P. Sinister Laugh :'( I hated that ability.

Hmmm... @ZetaGrievous you stole my profile picture.... Don’t really care though, it’s not 'mine'.

I assure you, it was totally unintentional.

tbhtudltln8c.png

Hmmm... @ZetaGrievous you stole my profile picture.... Don’t really care though, it’s not 'mine'.

No worries @ZetaGrievous
    I was giving you a hard time.🙂 Keep the picture, I don’t care.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Why no video of Revan on offense vs the droids? Is it because under player control Revan destroys them every bit as fast as they beat him? And of course showing that would likely slow the marquee $$$$$ train....
  • Why no video of Revan on offense vs the droids? Is it because under player control Revan destroys them every bit as fast as they beat him? And of course showing that would likely slow the marquee $$$$$ train....

Don’t assume so much... we’ve had this footage for like a day now. Be patient and your questions will be answered. And to try and answer it right now, you may be right, however I don’t think anyone would be at all surprised if revan won on offense. This video was show casing grievous beating revan, and the mere fact that he is able to beat him so quickly even on offense is enough of a reason for anyone to want to spend some money. No need to become unnecessarily hostile or make accusations without good reason.
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

tbhtudltln8c.png

No worries @ZetaGrievous

No... there is only one way to settle this! Fight to the death. My money is on Grievous.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    This video was show casing grievous beating revan, and the mere fact that he is able to beat him so quickly even on offense is enough of a reason for anyone to want to spend some money.

Untrue. 2 marquees is a steep entry to a squad. Many of us save arena crystals and occasionally splurge on meta changing marquees, but the meta doesn't change if it's easily beat on offense by more teams than the current top dog. Thus no reason to spend.
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    No need to become unnecessarily hostile or make accusations without good reason.

Lol you mean the 3 years of established history of this company isn't reason enough?

• Georgemi6 wrote: »
    This video was show casing grievous beating revan, and the mere fact that he is able to beat him so quickly even on offense is enough of a reason for anyone to want to spend some money.

Untrue. 2 marquees is a steep entry to a squad. Many of us save arena crystals and occasionally splurge on meta changing marquees, but the meta doesn't change if it's easily beat on offense by more teams than the current top dog. Thus no reason to spend.
    No need to become unnecessarily hostile or make accusations without good reason.

Lol you mean the 3 years of established history of this company isn't reason enough?

Say what you want, but there are plenty of people out there that get toons just because they like them. Also, the game changers will get to show their own videos of grievous (which will most likely show him on defense against revan) which makes CG trying to trick us pretty pointless. Also also, the packs for the droids are going nowhere (not for around 23 days at least) so there’s no need for anyone to spend too quickly. What would really be suspicious is if grievous and magna were reworked after the marquee packs went away, but that’s not happening. If you want to find something to be angry about, be my guest. I’m just trying to look at this rationally.
  • What do you guys think about a Jawa engineer as 5th?
    He has 165+50speed basic, then you can add your fastest speed set and he can “easily” reach 370...
    he can start first against revan (actually, against everyone) and give tm to grevious and all droid , so they can move before revan mark.. :smile:
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

tbhtudltln8c.png

No worries @ZetaGrievous

No... there is only one way to settle this! Fight to the death. My money is on Grievous.

Ah, but my money is on GENERAL Grievous! Mwah Aha!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Nemman wrote: »
    What do you guys think about a Jawa engineer as 5th?
    He has 165+50speed basic, then you can add your fastest speed set and he can “easily” reach 370...
    he can start first against revan (actually, against everyone) and give tm to grevious and all droid , so they can move before revan mark.. :smile:

Why not just BB8?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why no video of Revan on offense vs the droids? Is it because under player control Revan destroys them every bit as fast as they beat him? And of course showing that would likely slow the marquee $$$$$ train....

Don’t assume so much... we’ve had this footage for like a day now. Be patient and your questions will be answered. And to try and answer it right now, you may be right, however I don’t think anyone would be at all surprised if revan won on offense. This video was show casing grievous beating revan, and the mere fact that he is able to beat him so quickly even on offense is enough of a reason for anyone to want to spend some money. No need to become unnecessarily hostile or make accusations without good reason.

From the company standpoint GG being able to crush Revan and Revan being able to crush GG is money in the bank.... people refreshing 2x to get to the top of their shards will have to refresh more... it does not matter that 1st gets 500 crystals when it takes 700 to get there.... normal people would not go for that but ohhh boy there are a ton of people who would spend 1000 a day to get that 500 for first

GG beating revan and revan beating GG..... the meta circle may balance out but it's going to be UTTER CHAOS down in the pits.....CHAOS
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Why no video of Revan on offense vs the droids? Is it because under player control Revan destroys them every bit as fast as they beat him? And of course showing that would likely slow the marquee $$$$$ train....

From the company standpoint GG being able to crush Revan and Revan being able to crush GG is money in the bank.... people refreshing 2x to get to the top of their shards will have to refresh more... it does not matter that 1st gets 500 crystals when it takes 700 to get there.... normal people would not go for that but ohhh boy there are a ton of people who would spend 1000 a day to get that 500 for first

GG beating revan and revan beating GG..... the meta circle may balance out but it's going to be UTTER CHAOS down in the pits.....CHAOS

It's not like this would be something new, before Revan's second coming it was CLS beats Traya, Traya beats CLS and offense wins in mirrors, with Revan taking the absolute top. If we get into a similar situation, I'm all for it.
  • Looks interesting, gearing underway! Those 250 cuffs Grevious needs seem pretty irritating now that all his damage comes from health though. At least only 3 sets are needed before G12.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nema wrote: »
    No droid will match the damage output of ig88 (and his zeta just mocks saviour).

Be careful, savior also cleanses. So does revans special, GK’s special, jolee’s Special, bastila’s special and Revan’s lead...
    Personally, I think IPD will be better that 88, since detect will dispel and apply TL, and his unique prevents buffs.
  • Can anyone tell me why droideka deals true damage? Why can he be such a massive dmg dealer?
    I dont recall in the series that a droideka ever killed anybody. Yes the jedi were afraid of it but my guess is because of their shields the jedi couldnt reflect the bolts back at them.
  • iBics wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why droideka deals true damage? Why can he be such a massive dmg dealer?
    I dont recall in the series that a droideka ever killed anybody. Yes the jedi were afraid of it but my guess is because of their shields the jedi couldnt reflect the bolts back at them.

To make up for the lack of damage the Separatists have otherwise lol
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    iBics wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why droideka deals true damage? Why can he be such a massive dmg dealer?

To make up for the lack of damage the Separatists have otherwise lol

So ur telling me that 50k coming out of GG isnt enough?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nema wrote: »
    No droid will match the damage output of ig88 (and his zeta just mocks saviour).

Be careful, savior also cleanses. So does revans special, GK’s special, jolee’s Special, bastila’s special and Revan’s lead...
    Personally, I think IPD will be better that 88, since detect will dispel and apply TL, and his unique prevents buffs.

yeah but if you can figure out a way to keep IG alive for more than one round anything keeps Jedi from the mass healing and regen can't be a bad thing..... I don't see him being in any of the top teams...but against Sith yeah keeping DN or DS from healing or stealing health with that zeta would be baller
    Nauros wrote: »
    It's not like this would be something new, before Revan's second coming it was CLS beats Traya, Traya beats CLS and offense wins in mirrors, with Revan taking the absolute top. If we get into a similar situation, I'm all for it.

True very true...but people would have to switch teams from rock to paper to scissor, lotta people can't be bothered with that.... here you could just keep the same team in keep spamming refresh.....could get ugly
  • Well... I think this new separatist droid team is a bit too OP. And with the amount of interactions in this team, I’m also worried it’s full of exploitable loopholes.
  • Very impressive kit, looking forward to seeing dealing 100k damage each hit.
  • OrpheusRobot
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Sweet. Going to have a two way peasy (queasy?) no thinking auto battlin' Revan wrecking teams now.

One with my O.P. Revan 50k health Bindi GMY +2000 in damage and +2000 in special damage 315 speed Revan and a butt on Kinoobi that just won't quit with Bastilla standing around waiting to be the Final Girl.

Second with the great overlord himself Beavious and B1 Terminator swarm.

With all the focus on the prequels, hope we get Padme soon. Hubba hubba.
  • Rework... Cody... rework... Cody
    CG get your act together and rework Cody!!!
  • Seems like some players who never bothered to farm Grievous are having objections to this rework. Come on folks, you had to figure it was coming sometime. Big G was never a real contender before and it takes a certain degree of dedication to get him, he needed to be better.
    Can't blame a YouTube personality for this, players have wanted new Grievous and Droideka for years.
  • Seems like some players who never bothered to farm Grievous are having objections to this rework. Come on folks, you had to figure it was coming sometime. Big G was never a real contender before and it takes a certain degree of dedication to get him, he needed to be better.
    Can't blame a YouTube personality for this, players have wanted new Grievous and Droideka for years.

Meh. I would never give a lame changer credit for anything EA does. Agree that GG being decent and droideka being in game are good things. That said so would an actually good Mace Windu who is far more of a fan favorite. Or having Padme in game... Or having an actual kick butt Vader which we have never had (his rework was lame)....

I'd take powerful iconic characters like Vader, Yoda, & Han any day over pumping up these 3rd rate Revans, Trayas, and GG's.