Is Resistance (becoming) obsolete?

In a video discussing the changes being made to Finn, I heard mobilegamer say that he's never taken his resistance team to G12 and wouldn't do it....

As resistance trooper is/was one of my upcoming side projects, mobilegamer's comment made me wonder if my energy would be better spent elsewhere..?

I have a G12 jedi training rey, and G11 R2 and BB-8. Scavenger rey is geared enough to get jedi rey and same goes for Finn....

I don't think I was going to gear them all to G12, but now I wonder if they're worth investing anything in..?

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Not sure if Finn led resistance is still going to be a thing in the future of TW/GA (maybe), I'd need to test and see for myself.
    Finn looks promising though for raids with his stacking damage and RT is still a must have for JTR in the sith raid.
    Post edited by Legend91 on
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • RT is also one of the easiest gear ups. You can't really go wrong with it as RT has an important role in JTR teams as well. He won't become useless just because he might not work that well under Finn lead from now on.
  • I used a fast JTR Resistance team to eviscerate a Revan team last TW.....
    Plus I reckon Finn will stil have a place.....but on a JTR team! Instead of sRey
  • If they nerf finn this way im done with my zfinn lead squad, this kit looks great under jtr leader though... So finn Z would become a total waste but under jtr i think he will shine in raids.
  • Nothing about res has gone obsolete except a glitch in HAAT and p 3 HSTR
  • Finn is going to dish out extreme damage!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    All teams will eventually become obsolete without reworks, but seeying as JTR is a heroes journey character ea/cg will probably make a conscious effort to make sure she/they will not become/remain a waste of resources.
    The JTR-resistance team is still on of the best teams ingame at the moment aswell.
    Will resistance be my first choice to gear at the moment? No, but you probably won't regret gearing them either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • As a vocal critic of jtr in-game, i gotta say. Her resistance team has been, and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. It's a top notch pvp team, and the most obvious p1 hstr team to field.

Gamechangers are, in general, more focused on the hottest pvp stuff. Don't take their words at face value.
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    As a vocal critic of jtr in-game, i gotta say. Her resistance team has been, and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with. It's a top notch pvp team, and the most obvious p1 hstr team to field.

Gamechangers are, in general, more focused on the hottest pvp stuff. Don't take their words at face value.

I hate and love jtr res p1 all day everyday. I hate because if I mis cue 1 time I get 800k damage instead of 3 million.

I love. Because if i mis cue 1 time I get 800k instead of 3 million.

• crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    It's preference. Mobilegamer said he won't gear them up because he used a g8 Finn team for attack in GW and TA. Now a g8 team likely won't work the same way and he would rather spend those resources elsewhere.

My trooper is already g12 for p1 STR, and I got Poe to g12 for ships. I could easily get Finn to 11, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too much to get pilot to 9 or 10. I'm in the wait and see camp; if they end up having viability for GA and TW still, I wouldn't mind bumping the gear on those last two.
  • When people call a team "bad" or "useless" or "obsolete," what they really mean is "this team cannot take #1 in squad arena." Which is true of 95% of the characters in the game at any given time.

Resistance was already ousted from top arena spots a long time ago, but they're fine everywhere else and still do great in raids.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nothing about res has gone obsolete except a glitch in HAAT and p 3 HSTR

I don't like it. And want a refund.
  • I think they’re going to be the opposite of obsolete. I see it this way:
    I thought that the release of Episode 8 would result in Snoke and many more powerful characters from the new trilogy. When the new characters (JTR and KRU) ultimately under performed, I figured that we would have to wait until Episode 9 for the real stuff.
    The end of this trilogy allows them to fill in all the gaps, Snoke, Hux, Resistence leaders etc. I think that the inevitable power creep will allow them to release crazy sequel trilogy characters, and that means a lasting Resistance meta.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    I think they’re going to be the opposite of obsolete. I see it this way:
    I thought that the release of Episode 8 would result in Snoke and many more powerful characters from the new trilogy. When the new characters (JTR and KRU) ultimately under performed, I figured that we would have to wait until Episode 9 for the real stuff.
    The end of this trilogy allows them to fill in all the gaps, Snoke, Hux, Resistence leaders etc. I think that the inevitable power creep will allow them to release crazy sequel trilogy characters, and that means a lasting Resistance meta.

JTR dominating the meta for 3 months was underperforming?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Sorry, I meant to compare it to recent metas. CLS and Revan when released absolutely dominated arena, I mean look at how many Revans are top 50 on your shard. Traya was very dominant as well. But JTR in my shard never had a firm position, although meta, she seemed relatively easy to conquer. That’s why you hardly see any JTR teams in arena now.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

Sorry, I meant to compare it to recent metas. CLS and Revan when released absolutely dominated arena, I mean look at how many Revans are top 50 on your shard. Traya was very dominant as well. But JTR in my shard never had a firm position, although meta, she seemed relatively easy to conquer. That’s why you hardly see any JTR teams in arena now.

On my shard, JTR teams didn't start getting beat until Palp and Vader reworks and Sion came out (with his added synergy to Nihilus). Before that, it seemed like it was all JTR. If CLS was contending at all, I don't remember. Only one person was competing with a different team...he used a gimmick where he did Palp's health drain thing and then probe droid could blow up on the first turn. But his squad fell in 30 seconds on defense.
  • In my guild the difference between people with JTR and those without is pretty apparant on the Sith Raid score sheet...

Grand Arena: once you start going against people with a Revan / ReyJT / CLS / all on defense, it's hard to say she's not relevent...

Is she the number 1 toon in the game, no. Is she the main toon that I am missing, yes :'(
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

On my shard, JTR teams didn't start getting beat until Palp and Vader reworks and Sion came out (with his added synergy to Nihilus). Before that, it seemed like it was all JTR. If CLS was contending at all, I don't remember. Only one person was competing with a different team...he used a gimmick where he did Palp's health drain thing and then probe droid could blow up on the first turn. But his squad fell in 30 seconds on defense.

RJT came out in December of 2017 and the EP/Vader reworks happened in February of 2018. She had like 1.5 months as being the top leader for squad arena. However, she was still viable until 7* Traya and/or Revan came around and I could take 1 with her until then.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Well I guess because of JTR’s short term as meta, she seems less important. Good for raids however.
  • My go to HSTR P1 team is JTR, R2, C-3PO, BB-8 and RT. Need two more pieces to G12 C3PO, but the rest are G12. Been hitting around 4 to 4.5 million on my runs. Finn will need to be tested to see how he works to see if the team is obsolete. I hope not since in TB I frequently use his team with Poe, BB-8, RT and RP. With the lower TM gain, not sure if it will still work well.
  • Let's not forget that Resistance and FO will likely get a boost this December.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    ponce104 wrote: »
    Let's not forget that Resistance and FO will likely get a boost this December.

Redeemed pantsless or hairless Kylo

Grey Jedi Rey

Uparmored BB8

Wheelchair Snoke or Spiderlegs Snoke

Gryffendor Robes Hux

Force Ghost Yoda, Luke, Hayden

Sexy outfit maz,

Smugglers Alliance Lando,

Gastic Bypass Snap Wexley (I love Greg Grunberg, I love his acting in everything he is in....but I just saw him in the Joe Paterno movie and it looked like he gained 100 lbs for the role, maybe it was a suit or something) I was legit mad when he was not in 8.... I would love to see snap get a toon and a ship....resistance ships are horrible....BRING ON SNAP EDIT I had to go look it up Greg said he was wearing a fat suit for Paterno !!!!!!!!!!!...... YESSSSSSSS gimmie some Snap Wexley toon

Super Saiyan Rose I will zeta her too even if the zeta sucks as bad as the current ones

General Sabine
    Redeemed Thrawn
    Jedi Master Ezra Bridger

All of these toons will finally put an end to the sith Jedi mess
  • I was aiming for RT in near future and eventually a Finn Zeta to use them here or there, no longer.

The extreme expose turn meter train is over, RIP