Galactic War currency

I'm kinda stuck on who to target in the galactic War store. I have acquired everyone I wanted/needed for certain pursuits. Below are the pics of who is left, also I have magmatrooper at 19/15 so I haven't acquired him yet. I will definitely be getting all the ships that I don't have maxed yet, but are the genosian ships good?

ctsrl8ph8csk.png
Syaa9vcqafzrq.png
Here's my whole lineup
https://swgoh.gg/p/431528984/characters/

Replies

• If you plan on ever building a rebel fleet, it's worth getting K2S0 to crew Cassian's ship.

Geo ships are still pretty good, though not "meta" material, and you'll have to heavily gear a bunch of characters that suck on the ground and don't (currently) unlock anything.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Forsure, so next I'll get him. What is the minimum gear recommended for pilots that don't really have a use outside fleet? After him it kinda seems like personal preference. I've seen plenty of negativity around Luminara, is she worth getting? I almost feel like after K2SO I'm better off just buying shards i already have to help with my shard store gear purchases, is that crazy?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Not crazy at all. If you have what you want from GW store, go for gear in the Shard store.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Forsure, so next I'll get him. What is the minimum gear recommended for pilots that don't really have a use outside fleet? After him it kinda seems like personal preference. I've seen plenty of negativity around Luminara, is she worth getting? I almost feel like after K2SO I'm better off just buying shards i already have to help with my shard store gear purchases, is that crazy?
    Not crazy at all. I still have a couple of characters from the GW store not unlocked, but they are ones I never plan on using. Those tokens are better spend on shard shop currency to gear the characters you will use.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Forsure, so next I'll get him. What is the minimum gear recommended for pilots that don't really have a use outside fleet? After him it kinda seems like personal preference. I've seen plenty of negativity around Luminara, is she worth getting? I almost feel like after K2SO I'm better off just buying shards i already have to help with my shard store gear purchases, is that crazy?

Cassian is mainly useful as a reinforcement, so having the crew at gear 9 is probably OK since you basically just want to bring him in to wipe out the enemy team's buffs and then use his assist call to trigger an assist barrage from Han's Falcon. After that you've most likely locked up the win anyway, so it doesn't matter much if Cassian bites it. Personally I'm pushing Cassian to G11 to max out the assist call ability, since that makes both attacks guaranteed crits, but you can get by without that. Worth noting that Rogue One characters are needed for LSTB, though, so they can pull double duty there.

Luminara used to be a mainstay in the old days, but as "traditional" healers (has one group healing ability and can't really do much else) have become fairly obsolete, she's probably not worth bothering with.

Also, when buying stuff for shard currency, buy ships if you can - it's one less shard, but each shard is worth more, so you'll get 79 shard store coins per purchase, as opposed to the 75 you'll get from character shard purchases.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Since we are here...any comment about Nightsister Initiate viability?
  • Eonixx wrote: »
    Since we are here...any comment about Nightsister Initiate viability?

Sure. She has none that I can think of.
  • Eonixx wrote: »
    Since we are here...any comment about Nightsister Initiate viability?

She is used in the Deathstorm team for P3 of the Sith Raid.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »

Also, when buying stuff for shard currency, buy ships if you can - it's one less shard, but each shard is worth more, so you'll get 79 shard store coins per purchase, as opposed to the 75 you'll get from character shard purchases.

**** that's helpful, I probably would've wasted some shards.
  • I believe it's only 76 instead of 75. But over time, a long time, it adds up.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Taking this to squad and cantina who are the must have characters? Obviously this can be vague, so I'd say I'm mainly looking to acquire the best possible characters, for raids, acquiring Marquee and legendary toons and improving my ships so I can auto-sim challenges and clear the battles
    This is where I'm at
    1ci0qtx5gn57.png
    xbea8fitse92.png
    kqp1so2ez05i.png
    u10vhdpuauuv.png
    ekuklp2rpce9.png
    tvsn7bnhhrik.png
    Also, I have Poe maxed, not qui-gon

One last thing, I was not fully prepared for the GMY event so I am stuck rolling with old ben, kanan, mace, Jedi consular and then I can get ahsoka tano to 7* in time, but my big question is, is it worth it? My old ben is solid, but the rest will require some gearing and quite a few ability mats and I don't want to put in the assets if it won't work. I guess since ahsoka, consular and mace all have ships it's worth it but I'm not sure
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Gmy is worth whatever it takes
  • G7, near garbage mods, a mix of omegas and level 7 abilities will do it.

I was only level 78 at the time and my Jedi were anywhere from 72-78.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Gmy is worth whatever it takes

Haha of course, i have him at 5, will get him to 6, but the push for 7 is worrying me. I just worry that ahsoka, jc, and mace aren't worth panic gearing since the I have GMY and the next time he comes around I will have Bastilla and Jolee to 7*(currently farming for Revan) and then will easily max GMY. What gear level should I get the 5 i have now to, to expect to be able to beat the GMY event?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    G7, near garbage mods, a mix of omegas and level 7 abilities will do it.

I was only level 78 at the time and my Jedi were anywhere from 72-78.

Oh sweet that's no problem