If Darth Revan is released this year I will be shocked

Replies

• evoluza wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    I just dont think it makes any sense to give us darth revan without darth malak being involved

They run an 5year plan. They come back to Kontor if nothing else could be added

It's not like they will run out of stuff to add anytime soon, there's still a lot missing from previous content and we'll be getting the rest of the Resistance series, new Clone Wars episodes, Ep. IX, the Mandalorian, the Obi Wan series, the RJ and the GoT guys trilogies...

And the biggest thing: FORCE UNLEASHED content!

Yes!!!!!!!!

Unleashed 1 darkside ending / dlc starkiller please
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It's be really cool if it was darth revan, but man that's like 20 legendaries in 6 months. :'(
  • Anyone who didn't know Darth Revan would be coming ~3 weeks after Carth and Juhani are farmable clearly hasn't been paying attention.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't know Darth Revan would be coming ~3 weeks after Carth and Juhani are farmable clearly hasn't been paying attention.

At the very least an event for OR characters would be coming like solo characters.

But we were all pretty sure darth revan or malak was pretty much a given.

If its not now exepct it to be a gear 12 or higher later....

So i hope now
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Anyone who didn't know Darth Revan would be coming ~3 weeks after Carth and Juhani are farmable clearly hasn't been paying attention.

At the very least an event for OR characters would be coming like solo characters.

So i hope now

Well, assuming of course the picture is legit and all that, whatever character it is hiding is a Journey character. Journey events are easy, regardless of timing, by design. Legendary event difficulty can vary based on the event (i.e. Chewie was ridiculously hard and C-3PO was only kind of hard), but Journey event difficulty is always tuned to around g8.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »

So i hope now

Well, assuming of course the picture is legit and all that, whatever character it is hiding is a Journey character. Journey events are easy, regardless of timing, by design. Legendary event difficulty can vary based on the event (i.e. Chewie was ridiculously hard and C-3PO was only kind of hard), but Journey event difficulty is always tuned to around g8.

Sure but things can change if they elect to give us time and consider the characters older at that point.

But i agree
  • No it's not a spoiler. It's propaganda
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Tripple zeta gamoo! It would be so rad of he was not a placeholder.
    Post edited by Killbot5000 on
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    You know one of the farms will be in a ship node
    You can probably do 2 node refreshes on a ship node before shipments are cheaper.

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    25 crystal for refresh + 100 crystal for 120 energy. = 125 crystal for lousy 6 attempts. 6 attempts=1.8 shards
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Same as above, but refresh is 50 crystal.
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

So all in all, even the first refresh is just wee bit better than store. 2nd refresh is a waste of crystals.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Is there truth to this (tripple zeta gammorean in the video)?
    This would be rad.

https://youtu.be/MTVSLtrAUxc
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    You can probably do 2 node refreshes on a ship node before shipments are cheaper.

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    25 crystal for refresh + 100 crystal for 120 energy. = 125 crystal for lousy 6 attempts. 6 attempts=1.8 shards
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

So all in all, even the first refresh is just wee bit better than store. 2nd refresh is a waste of crystals.

Actually, this isn't right either. You have to account for natural energy as well.

To do 2 refreshes (24 attempts) you only need 275 crystals per day, for 8 shards (on average). That's a cost of 35 crystals per shard. If it is a 20 energy node you need a third energy refresh, which will up the cost to 47 crystals. Both are significantly cheaper than the 80/shard from the shop.
  • crzydroid
    7255 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    MoBlaq wrote: »

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

Actually, this isn't right either. You have to account for natural energy as well.

To do 2 refreshes (24 attempts) you only need 275 crystals per day, for 8 shards (on average). That's a cost of 35 crystals per shard. If it is a 20 energy node you need a third energy refresh, which will up the cost to 47 crystals. Both are significantly cheaper than the 80/shard from the shop.

You actually wouldn't account for natural energy, because it's free. It's not like you wouldn't farm that free energy if you were deciding to buy from shipments. So the first 8 attempts (120+45) are a given. You have to compare the cost of what's after the free stuff with shipments.

The numbers are still wrong though. A 33.33333% drop rate would yield an average of 2 shards per 6 attempts.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

You ought to be looking at the marginal cost of the shards though. You can do the first set of attempts with no crystals spent so including those in the calculation throws it off. What you want to know is whether the second refresh is worthwhile on its own.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Your numbers are wrong.

1st refresh:
    So 70 crystals/shard.

2nd refresh:
    Thats 83 crystals/shard.

The store is 80.

That's not how it works, you have to calculate the price of shards you get on top of the natural ones. You get 165 natural + bonus energy, that covers the base 8 attempts and gets you free shards. Then, you have first refresh at 70 crystals/shard, as Roopehunter wrote.
  • Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
    Because you aren't spending the same amount of crystals for each of those 8 shards. The first 2 - 3 from natural energy are free, the rest costs crystals, so your 375 crystals aren't spent for all 8 shards but only for whatever you get after the free attempts, and at different rates.
    And we are counting with 6 attempts because that's how many you get from one energy refresh, assuming a 20e node.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Why are we only doing 6 attempts? And why wouldn't you account for all that when that's what you need to spend? My math is right (and I acknowledge that so is Roopehunter's), but I don't understand why you would do it that way. I'm spending 375 crystals/day for those 8 shards, regardless of how it's broken up. The actual cost to me then is 47 crystals/shard; 75 crystals/shard if I leave out the free energy.
    Because you aren't spending the same amount of crystals for each of those 8 shards. The first 2 - 3 from natural energy are free, the rest costs crystals, so your 375 crystals aren't spent for all 8 shards but only for whatever you get after the free attempts, and at different rates.
    And we are counting with 6 attempts because that's how many you get from one energy refresh, assuming a 20e node.

Ok. But, that seems a very weird way to do it. If I'm farming a 20 energy ship node and I'm in such a hurry that I'm refreshing, I will buy my 3 refreshes all at once, and do all my attempts all at once.

I'll leave it at that, but man to just buy a refresh and do 6 attempts and walk away and say those 2 shards cost 125 crystals is weird.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Pentagon wrote: »
    so if GG is a placeholder for Darth Revan, then HK-47 would only make the team if he had the OR tag.

If HK is getting it, will Visaas? Thematically, she makes far more sense for prerequisite to Carth who is a goody goody...

Badstilla
    HK-47
    Visaas
    Jahani
    Canderous

Were all atleast at one point evoooooool. Carth wasn't, but he is a new release...

Edit:

Presumably Carth will be on fleet battles and they make him a dual node for Ebon Hawk if thats a marquee later down line

Visas, HK-47, Sith Assassin, Sith Marauder, and Sith Trooper all need the Old Republic tag. CG's first explanation as to why they didn't have it was because "Old Republic" was a faction. That's CLEARLY not the case now that they introduced the dark side KOTOR toons with the same tag.

I thought Visas wasn’t getting Jedi or old republic tags as this would make her too powerful, unless that was a lie to not let us on to KOTOR characters.

Edit: you could always argue she’s not a Jedi unless Meetra comes in
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Ok. But, that seems a very weird way to do it. If I'm farming a 20 energy ship node and I'm in such a hurry that I'm refreshing, I will buy my 3 refreshes all at once, and do all my attempts all at once.

I'll leave it at that, but man to just buy a refresh and do 6 attempts and walk away and say those 2 shards cost 125 crystals is weird.

If you do more than that, you are getting similar shard to crystal rate as in the store. But it could be the better way to go if the node also drops some useful gear.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    The numbers are still wrong though. A 33.33333% drop rate would yield an average of 2 shards per 6 attempts.
    One can but dream. :/

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    One can but dream. :/

No kidding. I should have been doing Dark Bastilla from shipments, cause her node she nets me about 1-2 out of 24 nearly every day.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Again, you ought to be looking at the marginal cost, not the total cost, when the cost increases with each set.

The reason they are talking about 6 attempts is because that’s how many you are able to do with the 100 crystal energy refresh. To do the other 2 attempts you need to refresh again, which makes it even more expensive.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I think he will come this year, but not March. With clone wars in August I think we may have seen the end of their updates for now. Episode 9 will obviously suck up all the time and focus in November and December. That leaves March through July for other stuff.

My guess is Malak comes in March along with another DS kotor character, definitely an HK rework. This leads to Darth Revan in April at the start of their fiscal new year.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How is it clone wars *year*?
  • Liath wrote: »
    How is it clone wars *year*?

4q1zv1xcbt7p.jpg
    because #clonewarssaved
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Regardless of whether it turns out to be Revan or Malak, we can be reasonably sure that an OR Sith is coming in a few weeks.
  • In my opinion you will be shocked cuz you are misleading yourself. 1: You base on what "people think will be needed" when we still can't be 100% sure what will be needed. Ppl assuming a lot of options. What is the one you are talking about and why it's doesn't make sense? That's gonna be probably also a journey which gives CG a lot of space to shape of an event 2: Again, why? Why release OP toon, that will be most likely counter to what is right now about ~80% of meta along with panic farm(money spending trigger) doesn't make sense? 3: No it's not Clone Wars Year. It was 2018 cuz of 10year celebration. This year we are getting new season that's right but it's not making it Clone Wars Year. 4: All of we getting right now is KOTOR 1 content. Why you think ppl will not be drawn to nostalgia with KOTOR 2 content? And at the and you mentioning one both legends and canon Sith(which we can be nostalgic only about legends version) and two non canon characters from TOR whose in my opinion cannot be nostalgic at all.

I hope my English is understandable enough:)
  • I want Darth Revan in the game but you took it to a whole other level of want
  • DarkPiece wrote: »
    I want Darth Revan in the game but you took it to a whole other level of want

Who?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."